Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
Congrats Adiabatic! Hopefully you're more of a sigtrap or IOwnCalculus than Toilet Duck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I think a photo challenge thread (pic of your car by a river, etc) would be cool.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Picked up my cat, and he ripped a loud fart right in my face. :catstare: First time I've ever heard a cat rip rear end like that.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Monthly chat threads unanimous!

New rules thread up, mostly completely copied from old rules thread, as is tradition.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

farewell ye olde petcock

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I think a photo challenge thread (pic of your car by a river, etc) would be cool.

I'd be up for that, we had two in CA for a while but they always died in the northern hemisphere winter period.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I think Cycle Asylum does this pretty regularly, where the first person to post up gets to pick the next challenge. We should definitely get one of those going.

e:

Ephphatha posted:

I'd be up for that, we had two in CA for a while but they always died in the northern hemisphere winter period.

yeah this

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
yea doit. Grats Adiabetic. :3:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

The bike photo thread is kind of fun but since they are a very seasonal ride for a lot of people, participation really dies down in the Northern Hemisphere winter months. I'd be game for a photo challenge thread.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

How does that thing not turn into a pretzel the moment the drivers sneezes on the fun pedal?

He's only running a 275 tire, no traction available.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Can we still post out soul crushing life events under the new regime?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

you do you boo boo

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

I used to drive an alternate way home to see old-school Sport Compact Car writer Dave Coleman's Datsun 510 rallycar when he parked it on the street. Now I'm bidding on eBay for it. What the hell 2017?!

I wonder if they're interested in some 323 GTX cams for the Eyesore Miata, they supposedly flow better with lower combustion chamber temps. I have a set of the forged rods too...

DJ Commie fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Feb 14, 2017

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

DJ Commie posted:

I used to drive an alternate way home to see old-school Sport Compact Car writer Dave Coleman's Datsun 510 rallycar when he parked it on the street. Now I'm bidding on eBay for it. What the hell 2017?!

That's a beautiful story. :allears: Tell us when you win it. :getin:

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

HandlingByJebus posted:

That's a beautiful story. :allears: Tell us when you win it. :getin:

I don't even particularly SR20s or Datsuns or Sport Compact Car. Dave Coleman is a super nice guy though.

New LeMons car tem Dai Hard?

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

DJ Commie posted:

I don't even particularly SR20s or Datsuns or Sport Compact Car. Dave Coleman is a super nice guy though.

New LeMons car tem Dai Hard?

You will learn to love it. It will teach you.

Or not. New Dai Hard sounds excellent.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Even back then wasn't that car a rusted piece of poo poo?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Adiabatic posted:

Monthly chat threads unanimous!

New rules thread up, mostly completely copied from old rules thread, as is tradition.

I do not wish to create joinder with the sloth.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

DJ Commie posted:

If you win this I'm gonna get on a plane and help you with it. I hope we get to meet Dave Coleman.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

jamal posted:

Even back then wasn't that car a rusted piece of poo poo?

It still was then, though I think it still had a dash shell. Its rough, but man that is probably the earliest pinnacle of Internet Actual Race Car Fame. I have a personal rallycross course, this'd go great with the GTX and the Rocky for fun yet lovely rallycars.

edit: I hope they'd know I'd drive it the ~250 miles home because I don't give a gently caress about LA traffic in a half-abandoned shitpile

Seat Safety Switch posted:

If you win this I'm gonna get on a plane and help you with it. I hope we get to meet Dave Coleman.

I'm holding you to it.

DJ Commie fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Feb 14, 2017

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Would be down for a thread about driving your favorite shitbox to take a picture somewhere.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

nm posted:

I do not wish to create joinder with the sloth.

I'll do as I please

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

slidebite posted:

The bike photo thread is kind of fun but since they are a very seasonal ride for a lot of people, participation really dies down in the Northern Hemisphere winter months. I'd be game for a photo challenge thread.

I could've sworn there was one in AI proper, but that might have been the biek version pre-CA.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
ALL HAIL A DIABETIC ONE MOD ONE MASTER!!!

So I did the brakes on my mate's Hyundai i20 last night. The slider pins were... not. So we yanked them out, cleaned them and lubed them. Question:

Why are they different, and what does the little rubber(?) bit do? And is it important which goes on top because I'm honestly not sure we reassembled them correctly.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Adiabatic posted:

oh huh check that out

congratulations

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Adiabatic posted:

I got you babe

e: good a place as any, should we go to a megathread or are the new threads the highlights of everyone's start to the month?

Megathread has my vote

Edit welp

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Adiabatic posted:

I got you babe

e: good a place as any, should we go to a megathread or are the new threads the highlights of everyone's start to the month?

Dont care. But I would like to see low effortthread sniping given the arse and the OP put some effort into it. Make it a challenge for anyone that wants to snipe it :)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I will start every thread with pictures of rascal, as requested

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

:toot:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Megathread has my vote

Edit welp

I would also vote megathread. Mod can change the thread title as and when he sees fit

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

fridge corn posted:

I would also vote megathread. Mod can change the thread title as and when he sees fit

Well, that settles it. Monthly threads it is.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I only like the idea of a mega thread because I'm lazy and having to find the latest chat thread is 4 clicks more than usual :shrug:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

funny Star Wars parody posted:

I only like the idea of a mega thread because I'm lazy and having to find the latest chat thread is 4 clicks more than usual :shrug:

what, you don't obsessively haunt the AI index?? what is wrong with you

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

angryrobots posted:

Bear in mind that privacy fencing needs to have a poo poo ton of concrete to stand the wind load. We've had a lot of wind storms the last couple years, and a lot of privacy fencing hit the dirt.
Had forgotten about that, certainly adds to the price for the labor and materials involved there.

Goondolences Adiabatic

Looking like we'll probably end up going with chain link and only doing half for now. I'll do the rest myself as time and money allows.

Puppies seem to be recovering well. They were finally playing and fighting with each other this morning which is a first. Still a chance they could fall back and get worse but it's looking good at the moment.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

bolind posted:

ALL HAIL A DIABETIC ONE MOD ONE MASTER!!!

So I did the brakes on my mate's Hyundai i20 last night. The slider pins were... not. So we yanked them out, cleaned them and lubed them. Question:

Why are they different, and what does the little rubber(?) bit do? And is it important which goes on top because I'm honestly not sure we reassembled them correctly.

I think that's to buffer noise, that rubber bit, it goes on the slider pin that doesn't come out of the caliper bracket. When I shot mine with brake cleaner it swelled up and wouldn't go in, so I used a rubber mallet to hammer the fucker in and now my brakes make a ticking noise.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
My Mazda6's sliders are like that, but I've never seen the rubber bit, however those are the sliders that would typically sieze the calipers and when I did the brakes on it two of them had a bunch of black melted crud on them caked around rust-pitted metal. I always assumed the cutouts were for extra grease since those sliders don't come out of the bracket.

Suddenly I think I know why that car has always (PO confirms) eaten brakes and wrecked calipers... :bang:

E: Never got them with rebuild kits or slider bolts either, despite getting the other rubber bits.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Adiabatic posted:

oh huh check that out

Yessss it's not me

Err I mean you clearly only won because of millions of fyaders voting illegally

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

kastein posted:

Yessss it's not me

Err I mean you clearly only won because of millions of fyaders voting illegally

This is why you don't tell FYAD you're having an idiot king election.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I personally think the monthly threads work OK (OPs are pretty :effort: not that it really matters) but we could try a mega bullshit thread for a few months and see how it goes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
OPs are easy, just slap your dick against the keyboard and hit submit.

• Locked thread