Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

I want to pay with goons. My uplay is churchofraven and I play a mean Nobushi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Psychepath posted:

Is there a trick to Steam unpacking that makes it not take 2+ hours? Disk usage is all over the place, but never consistent.

10 min on a solid state drive :keke:

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

PSN was apparently down 40+ mins before launch, so maybe another ddos?

And a half hour after launch

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Mercedes posted:

I play a mean Nobushi

Got it.

*adds Mercedes to trash.txt*

Pukefist
Feb 2, 2011
Is there no update from OB->Live for the ps4 client?

Do I really have to download the whole thing again?

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Internet Kraken posted:

Got it.

*adds Mercedes to trash.txt*

I'll fite you. Seriously, it'll be fun!

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
It is unlocked for me and I didn't have to wait for midnight local time.

breaks
May 12, 2001

Just got home and it seems to have unlocked a bit before midnight for me also (PC Uplay, Central time).

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I thought you guys meant the Shugoki's crush move took away his health but no, it actually heals you. This is on top of being capable of insta-killing at low health.

This is gonna drive so many new players crazy.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Internet Kraken posted:

I thought you guys meant the Shugoki's crush move took away his health but no, it actually heals you. This is on top of being capable of insta-killing at low health.

This is gonna drive so many new players crazy.

Tell me about the fat man.

SPEEL DA BEEENS!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I have been trying out the Shukogi and it feels awful

He has a lot of fun grabs and throws that are very bad and he is SOOO SLOW

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I will Lawbringer come hell or high water he is too goddamn stylish to be garbage tier :negative:

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Feb 14, 2017

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

I will Lawbringer come hell or high water he is too goddamn stylish to be garbage tiet :negative:

Same

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

I will Lawbringer come hell or high water he is too goddamn stylish to be garbage tiet :negative:

I take back most of the good things I said about him.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Haroshia posted:

That bad huh

It's amazing how short his trait list is. Does any other hero have so few unique characteristics?

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Haroshia posted:

aww that is sad.

Zombeef
Feb 15, 2014

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet or not; doing the base tutorial awards you with 2000 steel. Doing the advanced tutorial in the "How to Play" submenu awards an additional 1500 steel.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Have they said how to redeem the reward for being the open beta faction war winner yet?

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

That bad huh

It's amazing how short his trait list is. Does any other hero have so few unique characteristics?

He's like the worst parts of all the vanguards put into one class. His damage primarily comes from huge telegraphed directional combos, that as far as I can tell can't change direction mid-combo. The risk of parrying just doesn't have enough reward. Basically he has to set up unblockables with light>heavy>heavy. That's two big chances to parry. Light doesn't chain into heavy fast enough to get around players that aren't poo poo. To add insult to injury rather than just letting him parry from any direction into an unblockable he can ONLY do that on an overhead. His side attacks are parryable spear pushes that although cool as gently caress looking are like a much harder to set up Raider tackle.

As far as I can see the best thing about him is the shove from block draining the gently caress out of their stamina and stopping combos, but a parry does that AND has more punish for other classes. I just don't see his purpose besides being awesome.

I'll keep maining him until I hate myself

Haroshia fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Feb 14, 2017

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

PSN is up now, really enjoying the final product. UI is still confusing as hell though.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Got in no problem, played a few missions of the story mode on realistic, did my 2 big dailies, time for sleep. Seemed like a very smooth launch.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Haroshia posted:

He's like the Warden if the Warden was bad. His damage primarily comes from huge telegraphed directional combos. The risk of parrying just doesn't have enough reward. Basically he has to set up unblockables with light>heavy>heavy. That's two big chances to parry. Light doesn't chain into heavy fast enough to get around players that aren't poo poo. To add insult to injury rather than just letting him parry from any direction into an unblockable he can ONLY do that on an overhead. His side attacks are parryable spear pushes that although cool as gently caress looking are like a much harder to set up Raider tackle.

As far as I can see the best thing about him is the shove from block draining the gently caress out of their stamina and stopping combos, but a parry does that AND has more punish for other classes. I just don't see his purpose besides being awesome.

The only way I can see to make this dude work is to find some way to get a guaranteed top heavy for the stun and work with that while they can't see for poo poo.

If we can find a reliable way to set up the stun it might be salvageable.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Haroshia posted:

Hang in there baby, we'll be Lawbros together. The problems it has will just make it that much more satisfying when we take people down.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Hypha posted:

Tell me about the fat man.

SPEEL DA BEEENS!

Well I'm certainly not an expert so I can't judge his balance but here are my thoughts.

He's insanely loving slow, as you might expect. His stamina management is also really poor. So its easy to run out of stamina and then not be able to back off. Of course when he hits he hits hard, but he has basically no combo potential. He has some great moves with the headbutt and leg sweep, but both of them knock the opponent so far back that in an open area you can't follow up. Also I was wrong; the demon's embrace does drain your health if it whiffs.

On the other hand, his ability to gently caress people up when more than one hero is involved is crazy. He can't follow up on his moves easily, but others sure can. So he's a weird hero that I feel won't be great in 1v1s but fine in other modes. Also the demon's embrace is basically guaranteed to land against an unaware foe and has a good lunge distance. So fat men slamming you from the shadows will be a thing.

But most importantly his animations are loving amazing and he brings a ray of light to the otherwise dumb and lovely weeb nation.

EDIT: Also I just killed someone by just sprint charging and the knock down made them fall in lava :lol:

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Feb 14, 2017

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

The only way I can see to make this dude work is to find some way to get a guaranteed top heavy for the stun and work with that while they can't see for poo poo.

Except the telegraph and timing for his poo poo in that is so obvious you can still parry it all. He can't do an unblockable side attack combo while the stun is up, and his overhead makes Kensai's overhead look positively speedy. You can still parry unblockables while stunned.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Haroshia posted:

Except the telegraph and timing for his poo poo in that is so obvious you can still parry it all. He can't do an unblockable side attack combo while the stun is up, and his overhead makes Kensai's overhead look positively speedy. You can still parry unblockables while stunned.

Can doesn't mean will. The enemy is not a flawless robot.

It's not much but it's something.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Haroshia posted:

The best I can say is that Lawbringer embodies "slow and steady wins the race." It is not an aggressive attacker, and playing it that way is problematic. I've already won a few matches just by countering and slowly chipping away with quick burst combos punctuated by shoves to maintain distance/control. I know that's not exciting for most people, but it's been working decently for me so far. It'll take a lot of practice to really get into a good groove for it, though.

I can only imagine two Lawbringers dueling each other. It'll probably end up being glacial to watch.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

FunkMonkey posted:

The best I can say is that Lawbringer embodies "slow and steady wins the race." It is not an aggressive attacker, and playing it that way is problematic. I've already won a few matches just by countering and slowly chipping away with quick burst combos punctuated by shoves to maintain distance/control. I know that's not exciting for most people, but it's been working decently for me so far. It'll take a lot of practice to really get into a good groove for it, though.

So lawbringer is Zangief/Hugo. Slow pace with a lot of bullying people around.

I saw some footage of valkyrie gameplay finally and it made me sad cause it was mashy poo poo and I didn't actually glean anything from it :(

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

So lawbringer is Zangief/Hugo. Slow pace with a lot of bullying people around.

Ironically, it's probably even more of a defensive class than the heavies. Fights have basically been "no, gently caress you, and you're getting punished for trying" until they go down and stop moving. I eat that poo poo up, but I know it's definitely not for everyone.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Evil Canadian posted:

I saw some footage of valkyrie gameplay finally and it made me sad cause it was mashy poo poo and I didn't actually glean anything from it :(

A lot of it seems to be based around a shield bash and sweep combo to knock them down. I hope she's good I wanna poke people with a pointy stick and bash their face with a shield.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I will Lawbringer come hell or high water he is too goddamn stylish to be garbage tier :negative:

He seems really good and I don't get the complaints? He can combo off a loving block. Everybody was just talking about how the optimal playstyle is to go completely perfect block turtle; the guy can combo off block. How is that not good?

That bad huh

Really? The vanguards are all simpler than Lawbringer. He has tons of moves.

I mean... I guess he doesn't have tons of passive traits but I don't get why that matters?

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Have they changed damage? Hits are doing way more damage than what I'm used to during the beta. A heavy attack from a Warden demolishes so much of my health, but during the beta it wasn't as painful as it is now. I'm also playing my main a lot worse than I did during beta, but I don't know why. He feels a lot more sluggish and less responsive. I'm loving up parries constantly because of it.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

He seems really good and I don't get the complaints? He can combo off a loving block. Everybody was just talking about how the optimal playstyle is to go completely perfect block turtle; the guy can combo off block. How is that not good?

It's superb in my opinion. As I said, the primary reason for the grief behind it is that a lot of people want it to be something it's not. It's an extremely niche playstyle.

Edit: You will NEED to become extremely skilled at counter-breaking, as that is going to be the primary method by which people are going to break you out of your groove.

Double super special edit: Also look at it this way: if you master this defensive style, you are going to drive opponents batshit insane with salty rage.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Feb 14, 2017

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Is the shugoku the worst class in the game?

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

So lawbringer is Zangief/Hugo.

E: I am god awful at Zangief though. Can't churn butter when I need to.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I love playing Warden too much. I finished two Dominion mode matches by calling in her tactical catapult airstrike on the last fucker alive. One was a clutch sudden death too. For Honor? gently caress honor, I've got a catapult in my pocket and I am indeed happy to see you. Especially if you're just standing there trying to goad me into a final honorable battle when I'm at 4 stars.

I'm also topping the scoreboards in kills despite sucking at fighting games. Probably because I'm trying to make an actual effort to learn.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Matchmaking is working perfectly fine :shepface:

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Do you get rewards for all orders you complete, or do you choose some to have "equipped" when the timer runs up and just get those?

I forgot to watch my XP and steel and stuff to see if I got my rewards when I completed orders and it's weirding me out to see the complete ones still there, not disappearing now that they're done.

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

lowest high and highest low loser of: WEED WEE
k
Missed the beta and thinking about picking this up, what does the combat gameplay/control feel like in multiplayer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Internet Kraken posted:

Matchmaking is working perfectly fine :shepface:

7 gear points or whatever vs 7 gear points.
Rank 6 dude vs some scrubs.

It kinda is.