Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
It's like watching an autist think they're getting away with something when you're actually shocked they tried to do it in the first place.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The fact the gif is in slow-mo makes it look (even) worse than the actual animation.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

it's called a sick as heck interrupt, idiot

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The fact the gif is in slow-mo makes it look (even) worse than the actual animation.

That is real time friend

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

That is real time friend

It's not, which is what makes it even funnier. They posted a bad gif which made their own poo poo animation look even worse.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah I think they slowed it down a tad when people initially made fun of the face and its odd bone sliding out as she...um, smiles? Did they actually capture like alpha footage that still has jiggle bone indicators and whatnot from the mapping going on?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

We're the aliens

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

SgtSteel91 posted:

I think that early leak of Andromeda mentioned Strike Missions, too, and the mechanics in the leak are similar to what's said in the article.

Huh, so it did.

quote:

Deployed Strike Team Missions:

The Helius Cluster is 1000s of light years across, and you can’t be everywhere at once. As you develop more colonies, resource bases and settlements, you have to be able to keep them safe. Spend resources to recruit mercenaries and develop an AI controlled Strike Team that you can deploy to take on randomly generated, time-sensitive missions. Strike Team missions take many forms, including settlement defense and Remnant artifact recovery, which will take real-time to complete. Send your Strike Team out on a mission while you continue playing the main game and they will return, 20 – 30 minutes later, having gained rewards such as XP, currency and equipment based on the success of their mission. Spend money and resources to train your Strike Team and acquire better gear for them, which will increase their success rate and allow them to take on more difficult missions for greater rewards.

Active Strike Team Missions:

When you encounter a Strike Team mission in the Single-Player mode, you can leave your Strike Team at their base and decide to tackle the mission yourself with your Multiplayer roster of characters. You also have the option of tackling the mission by yourself, or recruiting up to three friends to play with you. The more friends you bring, the greater the challenge and the greater the reward. These missions will play out using the Next Mass Effect’s multiplayer Horde mode (more details on this later). These missions will include a variety of thematically appropriate objectives, like defending a Settlement against Khet attacks, or recovering a Remnant artifact off of a planet before an outlaw gang gets there first. By taking an active role in strike team missions, you can earn special Single-player rewards in addition to the usual multiplayer specific characters, weapons, weapon mods, and pieces of equipment which can be customized between missions. Additionally, players who join another person’s Strike Team mission will receive bonus in-game currency and multiplayer XP for helping others with their missions.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Crabtree posted:

We're already topping the people who will theorize the taste of a characters sweat before the game's even released!

Tasting their sweat is old hat. So ME2 era.

With ME:A we're now asking more important questions such as "Which character's hair do you want to eat the most?" and "What do Krogan skin flakes taste like?".

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

DancingShade posted:

Tasting their sweat is old hat. So ME2 era.

With ME:A we're now asking more important questions such as "Which character's hair do you want to eat the most?" and "What do Krogan skin flakes taste like?".

Will this general space vaccine give our alien love-child autism?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
The new race is literally twi'leks with cat mouths

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

The new race is literally twi'leks with cat mouths

His name is Catflaps Mcgee.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I am happy Catflaps McGee has taken off, it gives my life meaning

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
It's Knackles

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Milky Moor posted:

why do you need to infiltrate the andromeda initiative anyway

To set a precedent for Cerberus doing it later in the series.

Hedrigall posted:

http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/13/14601142/mass-effect-andromeda-comic-discovery

Sneak peek at new comic series. Follows an undercover turian agent infiltrating the Andromeda Initiative.

This art looks fun and good but comic artists always get little details of the mass effect aliens wrong.

Like I'm pretty sure the legs are actually shaped differently, a bit avian like, it's not just that all turians wear sic Thigh Shredder spikes. Or that buff salarian that had too many fingers or whatever it was from the last one.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Milky Moor posted:

His name is Catflaps Mcgee.

I thought it was Catflaps Mcbae?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Vitamin P posted:

To set a precedent for Cerberus doing it later in the series.

This art looks fun and good but comic artists always get little details of the mass effect aliens wrong.

Like I'm pretty sure the legs are actually shaped differently, a bit avian like, it's not just that all turians wear sic Thigh Shredder spikes. Or that buff salarian that had too many fingers or whatever it was from the last one.

dat rear end

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Very supportive hips.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I guess this may be a stupid question, but was ME3 noticeably better on a console vs a PC? I played the third game on my PlayStation, but now I have a real-deal computer and am wondering if it'd be worth playing it on there instead!

its based on Unreal Engine 3 and runs really well on a PC
plus you get to mod the game if you so desire, to extend the range where you can see collectible stuff, remove the need for fuel/reaper alertness on the galaxy map etc

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

The Lone Badger posted:

I thought it was Catflaps Mcbae?

Not to you :colbert:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Vitamin P posted:

Assuming all aliens have exactly the same body type. Racist.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Cythereal posted:

Assuming all aliens have exactly the same body type. Racist.

Well THANKS now I want to see a fat Turian.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

New screenshots courtesy of Amazon:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

:downsbravo:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

marshmallow creep posted:

that looks p. good

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
what expression is any face in those screens

at all

Serf
May 5, 2011

Game is looking pretty good. Also that might be the nicest armor I've ever seen a krogan in.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
That asari looks amazing.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

You got a little something on your chin there

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I guess female Krogan have face paint like Turians

But, yeah, these shots look pretty good

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
On a slight tangent, the premise for the latest Star Trek show sounded ever-so-slightly familiar (focused around some new one off ship design that's a collaborative effort between humans and a race they've had a tense relationship with; the lead character is not the captain but the ship's XO) and now it's just been announced that one of the characters is an Admiral Anderson.

Hmmmmmm. Guess that just leaves a maverick birdman cop who ain't got time for yo' bullshit rules and regulations and hot blue/green space waifu and we're good to go.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This was the thing that made me super concerned for Andromeda. I continually think about this gif and that Bioware thought it was good enough quality to put into the game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's a good thing we have exhaustive gameplay footage and hands-on demos to help allay those concerns.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

SgtSteel91 posted:

I guess female Krogan have face paint like Turians

But, yeah, these shots look pretty good

That's a female krogan? Is she a squad mate?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

exquisite tea posted:

It's a good thing we have exhaustive gameplay footage and hands-on demos to help allay those concerns.

yeah and the animations and faces look like utter horsewank in those too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

That gif came from one of those gameplay footage videos.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Are people really still freaking out about that animation glitch? Jesus Christ.

I guess if a super minor problem like that is the worst thing about the game then there really isn't much to worry about.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

what expression is any face in those screens

at all

What do you mean? There's the full range of human emotion:

Determined
Assertive
Tough
Assured
Stoic
Serious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

marktheando posted:

Are people really still freaking out about that animation glitch? Jesus Christ.

I guess if a super minor problem like that is the worst thing about the game then there really isn't much to worry about.

If a AAA developer with the backing of the largest publisher in the game industry is cutting corners that obvious, then it's reasonable to expect the parts of the game that matter are going to be a problem too.