Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

e:

RIP Trump killed you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'm watching All The President's Men and let me tell you movies in the 70s sure were weird. Like there were a handful of movies that decade that are all-time greats, but it seemed like Americans were still figuring out how cameras worked.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ScrubLeague posted:

I'm watching All The President's Men and let me tell you movies in the 70s sure were weird. Like there were a handful of movies that decade that are all-time greats, but it seemed like Americans were still figuring out how cameras worked.

Its called Dogme 95 idiot

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
out like flynn

did something matter?

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Bip Roberts posted:

Its called Dogme 95 idiot

Not featured on this page??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogme_95#Notable_Dogme_films

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Gravy Jones posted:

out like flynn

did something matter?

Yes. We now know Bannon is the real president

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ScrubLeague posted:

All The President's Men is an all-time great. :colbert:

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
It's a really good newspaper procedural but they tried to Film School it up in ways that were super unnecessary. Spotlight was really great too and they didn't try to art nouveau the camera at every opportunity.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

so i guess the fallout is we're getting president ryan in like five weeks

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Abel Wingnut posted:

so i guess the fallout is we're getting president ryan in like five weeks

get ready for republicans to pretend donald trump never existed/was a democrat

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

ScrubLeague posted:

Yeah, what would Gordon freaking Willis know about cinematography?

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

ScrubLeague posted:

It's a really good newspaper procedural but they tried to Film School it up in ways that were super unnecessary. Spotlight was really great too and they didn't try to art nouveau the camera at every opportunity.

You don't know what art noueau means.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Anomie Avatar posted:

Yeah, what would Gordon freaking Willis know about cinematography?

Apparently in a movie about Robby Reds and Dusty Hoff taking notes on legal pads he doesn't know that reverse silhouettes and obtuse angles are super distracting

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/831446145574514688

:ssh: You guys know you're not helping, right?

:newlol:

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Anomie Avatar posted:

You don't know what art noueau means.

neither do I

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

lol I bet he's like please no don't

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
It's just weird because looking at his resume the guy has done a lot of great work in stylish films and for some reason decided to half-rear end the flair in a movie where any-assing flair doesn't really fit.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

What if it is what they want us to think?

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Um, that's exactly the thing: it's a movie where they are on phone calls, taking notes, in meetings with editors, and interviewing people and Willis, at the height of his Godfather powers, makes it visually dynamic because somehow he realizes that he's working in a visual medium.

http://www.criticalcommons.org/Members/pfgonder/clips/all-the-presidents-men-split-diopter-and-camera/view

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

ScrubLeague posted:

Apparently in a movie about Robby Reds and Dusty Hoff taking notes on legal pads he doesn't know that reverse silhouettes and obtuse angles are super distracting

lol are you 15 years old?

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Yes

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Anomie Avatar posted:

visual medium.

Visual medium? Here in America, we do visual large only!

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Oiled and Ready posted:

:laffo:

Obama murdered 3 doctors and torched 24 patients and 14 staff members, at least one of whom was decapitated by shrapnel

I blame Ed Balls for both incidents
it's a snipe

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ScrubLeague posted:

It's just weird because looking at his resume the guy has done a lot of great work in stylish films and for some reason decided to half-rear end the flair in a movie where any-assing flair doesn't really fit.

you're the reason the transformers movies have an audience

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i bought my friend a transformers toy for their birthday and im gonna see transformers 5 at the theater

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

financially racist posted:

you're the reason the transformers movies have an audience

I have seen zero of those movies??

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Lots of folks in the Trump nite crew super salty about me mildly criticizing a movie I also agreed was great.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

logikv9 posted:

bush did 9/11

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

the old wapo building where all the president's men was filmed was just torn down last year. the construction site for the building that's replacing it is where that crane is that the big RESIST banner was hung from a couple weeks ago

i hope you enjoyed this episode of tacodaemon trivia time

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
when was the last time we had a president who wasn't an imperialist

oh that's right

never

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

this guy is probably the first appointee to not be completely counterproductive on the outset

but we'll see when the maga mold starts creeping in

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/MichaelPDeacon/status/831425100029247488

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why do the trump women all wear some form of star trek uniform all the time

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

ScrubLeague posted:

Lots of folks in the Trump nite crew super salty about me mildly criticizing a movie I also agreed was great.

Nah, just get belly laughs when somebody offers up some critique like they know what they are talking about and slapdashes some fancy term like art nouveau into it to affect knowledge about the topic. Especially when it's like "Americans, like the guy who lensed Godfather, were just figuring out how cameras work." Go back to whatever it is you do where you know things.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

deadgoon posted:

oh that's right

never

lincoln chafee, our first metric president

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

deadgoon posted:

oh that's right

never

Lincoln's imperialism was cool/good

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Donkwich posted:

lincoln chafee, our first metric president

The Chafee timeline is where it's at.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I meant Abraham Lincoln but maybe I just inadvertently created the Chafee timeline!

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

This is a funny tweet. Otoh, this guy works for the daily telegraph, and therefore should die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Anomie Avatar posted:

Nah, just get belly laughs when somebody offers up some critique like they know what they are talking about and slapdashes some fancy term like art nouveau into it to affect knowledge about the topic. Especially when it's like "Americans, like the guy who lensed Godfather, were just figuring out how cameras work." Go back to whatever it is you do where you know things.

I'm also extremely mad about movies

• Locked thread