Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Just wanna throw out the "omg the effects still hold up" movies are Jurassic Park, Starship Troopers, and Independence Day, which all came out in the vague between times of using CGI to SUPPLEMENT practical effects.

The fully CGI movies to follow are the laughing stock of films, and fully CGI films to this day look like trash.

And then... AND THEN a lovely Star Wars movie came out that used practical effects and its dick was sucked dry.

And I'm on my knees with the others. BB-8 and some of the lesser effects being practical made that movie more lifelike than 99% of films that came out between 1997 and 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

boner confessor posted:

they're just moderate midwesterners with lower levels of cultural awareness outside of pop culture and film stuff. there was that one wheel of the worst with s.o.s. and none of them could recognize written japanese on the back of the box. jack and rich are video game nerds, what kind of video game nerd doesn't at least know what japanese looks like

but yeah they just make crass jokes. mike likes to make highly off-color jokes and this is mistaken for alt-right sensibility when really he'd make fun of alt-right internet nerds too if they crossed his path. look at how much all of them piss on star wars fandom and turbonerd star wars geeks

Oh sure, as a Midwesterner myself I know where they're coming from in that regard (also in regard to the "let's drink a whole lot" thing too). They basically just get a chuckle out of making fun of people who take themselves too seriously (regardless of those people's stance on a particular issue), which I think is fine and should always be encouraged.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
The Reagan photo in the background was never a joke

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I can guarantee they aren't alt-right, people who are loving never hide that fact for long.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Having an ideology is too much effort for the incredibly lazy RLM.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

-Rich Evans March 2016

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

WampaLord posted:

I can guarantee they aren't alt-right, people who are loving never hide that fact for long.

Yeah, they're just regular old racist uncle types.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jack and Jay seem pretty progressive.

EDIT: Please do not quote me and prove me wrong.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jack even had that whole bit of "I'm not a gun nut" when talking about Exploding Varmints, it was clear he didn't want to come across as a gun person/conservative.

and obviously Jay is gay and liberal as gently caress, he loves arthouse movies for gently caress's sake.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Jessi has the whole "I'm a woman but I don't like feminists" thing going on, and it'd be weird if she and Mike had too opposing views on that. On the other hand, in one WotW it sounded like Mike didn't like Trump and his cabinet picks.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
you guys are insane

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
They have a sense of humor and that p. much says it all.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Golly I wonder if Josh the Wizard is a Democrat or Green Party. Boy I do wonder what RLM does and thinks about OTHER things.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
They just have the South Park approach to political comedy, where they pretend to lampoon extremes on either side without taking a side while very obviously taking a side.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I can only watch movie reviews by people who share my political views. Additionally, I only watch movies that confirm them.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Paladinus posted:

I can only watch movie reviews by people who share my political views. Additionally, I only watch movies that confirm them.

must be hard for you, watching only Adam Sandler movies

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Paladinus posted:

same, so my film knowledge is limited to triumph of the will, birth of a nation and maybe american history x and downfall if i squint hard enough

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

WampaLord posted:

no one is loving except some times mike (whiskey dick not width standing)

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Zzulu posted:

you guys are insane

:same:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Goa Tse-tung posted:

must be hard for you, watching only Adam Sandler movies

Sandler's movies are apolitical, which is why I despise them even more.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

What's the best episode of Half in the Bag?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What's the best episode of Half in the Bag?

Jack and Jill.
Also, Evil Dead.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Paladinus posted:

Jack and Jill.
Also, Evil Dead.

Jack and Jill ep is really good. I'm personally fond of the Ghostbusters one.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Vakal posted:

Oddly enough, the novel Armor by John Steakley is more like the Starship Troopers movie than the actual Starship Troopers novel.

Wait, what? Aside from how the story uses Kent (IIRC, they use him as propaganda for the face of humanity in armor), Armor goes out of its way to say "everything about this situation is loving terrible" what with the whole subplot with Jack Crow and company watching Felix fight, it doesn't sugarcoat any of it or make any of it look glamorous/heroic like the ST film does.

Unless you mean just having more action/gore in it than ST the book?

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

ScrubLeague posted:

They just have the South Park approach to political comedy, where they pretend to lampoon extremes on either side without taking a side while very obviously taking a side.

which side are they obviously taking?

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
You fucks who cannot enjoy something unless it's utterly politically aligned with your own thoughts might as well give up now and retreat into your favorite Correct Books that you can read and reread and it will never ever change or say something that can be construed to possibly support The Other Team.

e: This goes for every side of the political spectrum you ninnies, yes this means you.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
rich once made fun of how chinamen speak, so he's literally hitler

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What about Chinawomen, shitlord?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I watched Starship Troopers again.

It was okay.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

reignofevil posted:

Having an ideology is too much effort for the incredibly lazy RLM.
This is the correct answer

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Why is so much of the RLM thread spent wildly speculating about the inner philosophies and sexual mores of a bunch of Midwesterners?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Why is so much of the RLM thread spent wildly speculating about the inner philosophies and sexual mores of a bunch of Midwesterners?

Hi! Welcome to the internet. One of mans greatest inventions, also one of the most frivolous time-wasters to ever exist.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
because nobody wants to gently caress Jay if he's a conservative

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Snatch Duster posted:

Golly I wonder if Josh the Wizard is a Democrat or Green Party. Boy I do wonder what RLM does and thinks about OTHER things.

Wizard is short for Grand Wizard so that should give you a hint what he is.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
drat. So how long until Joshes bloated... well, more bloated, corpse is found in a river?

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!

Schweinhund posted:

Wizard is short for Grand Wizard so that should give you a hint what he is.

A Hufflepuff?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

violent sex idiot posted:

speak for yourself

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

LordArgh posted:

rich once made fun of how chinamen speak, so he's literally hitler

It is now okay to physically attack Rich Evans because of his Thoughtcrime.

Hey guys have you read 1984? I feel it really applies to The Other Side and not My Side.

violent sex idiot posted:

Jay in camo pants (again).

:allears:

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

revdrkevind posted:

It is now okay to physically attack Rich Evans because of his Thoughtcrime.

Hey guys have you read 1984? I feel it really applies to The Other Side and not My Side.

Jay in camo pants (again).

:allears:

Death to those who speak ill of The Party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
40 posts of goons yelling at each other for caring too much about politics

0 posts of goons actually caring about politics

good job nerds

• Locked thread