Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Try landing on Storm seven times in a row. I swear to god I have never been so genuinely salty in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

randombattle posted:

A lot of debate going on about who is the best hero in here. So I ask.

Who is the worst? Who is the least fun, most tedious, most annoying to look at, worst animation wise?

X-23 is annoying to play, does poo poo for damage, and dies in a stiff breeze.

Black Widow is like four different uninteresting gimmicks and her best build doesn't use any of them anyway.

Winter Soldier shoots a gun then runs out of spirit. The stupid SHIELD agent cannon fodder team-up has a more interesting kit than Bucky.

Colossus is boring and has looooong animations and his resource is basically just "more HP". Get ready for Iron Cyclone PERMANENT REVOLUTION

Taskmaster has a ton of different gimmicks that all seem interesting and fun at low levels, but at 60 they're all helplessly weak and his spirit is painfully bad.

There's a lot of characters that suck a lot until you can put together their full gimmick at 60. Punisher, Cable, Iron Man, and Hawkeye suffer pretty badly from this.

Speaking of which, I still don't get Ghost Rider or Daredevil and I don't think I care enough to bother.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I love Colossus but he deals such poo poo damage and has talents that alternatively sabotage his survivability or have <10% effectiveness on Cosmic difficulty.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Also I played Hawkguy and he was kind of fun? I need to fix his poo poo to see if the damage is at all workable but this design where all of his track arrows are condensed into multi-purpose attacks is a lot better than many of his previous designs.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

ransome posted:

Another thing you could do if you are wanting to see how different characters play at 60 is look at the videos from our past tournaments!

http://super96.azurewebsites.net/ and http://wild110.azurewebsites.net/

You can click on a name/time and if a video was submitted for that round, it'll pop up!

Although with the movement changes and various character changes the speed/power level might not be the same anymore. But it'll give you an idea how a character might play!

This is just cruel. RIP teleporting and having fun.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

punchymcpunch posted:

Worth it for the punchy videos though. Now that Twin Peaks is starting up again we need, no DEMAND, a new Groot Force tournament.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Oh poo poo how did I just find out that this game works on macs. I used to be into this game heavy before my pc broke a couple years ago, just as they introduced playable villains.

Question before I download it and play spend all my spare money on heroes I'll never get around to playing again; I used to play it through steam, will I be good to just download the individual client or would I have to go through steam again to get access to all my heroes and junk?

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Your account is separate from steam so as long as you remember it you're good to go.

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011
I just got Vision to 60 and was looking for more ranged characters to play. I tried Cable, liked him. Tried Punisher, meh. Tried Silver Surfer, enjoyed slowboating around. Most of the Melee characters I tried I didn't really like (except Psylocke). Also is Thor ranged or melee? I played him as melee and wasn't liking it.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Achernar posted:

Also is Thor ranged or melee? I played him as melee and wasn't liking it.

Either/Or, or both. He works well in any combo. Pure ranged is perfectly viable, but not I haven't taken him to cosmic levels. He's generally not my cup of tea.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Feb 13, 2017

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Decided to give this another go and I'm honestly kind of underwhelmed with the changes. I mean, I understand the purposes of streamlining everything the way they did, but a lot of characters now feel very samey with little variance from build to build while others have talents that completely change one skill into another one entirely. It feels all over the place. Not to mention buggy. One of the more annoying ones having a bunch of Rogue's Traits classified as secondary resource when they're clearly not. But I feel as if these are things that will get tweaked and reworked as time goes on.

The mobility though. Ugh, I see why everyone keeps complaining about it. Everything is either limited by cooldowns, charges or needs to be charged up. Who was the guy who looked at this game and thought "You know what would make this Diablo-clone stand out? Making people wait to move!"

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Gibbering Madness posted:

Worth it for the punchy videos though. Now that Twin Peaks is starting up again we need, no DEMAND, a new Groot Force tournament.

Imagine how long the livestream of 110 25 minute videos would be.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

ransome posted:

Another thing you could do if you are wanting to see how different characters play at 60 is look at the videos from our past tournaments!

http://super96.azurewebsites.net/ and http://wild110.azurewebsites.net/

You can click on a name/time and if a video was submitted for that round, it'll pop up!

Although with the movement changes and various character changes the speed/power level might not be the same anymore. But it'll give you an idea how a character might play!

Please, someone, anyone, repost a copy of Arboc's s96 entry.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

punchymcpunch posted:

https://vid.me/9eJ6

For posterity's sake, this is my entirely accurate video of what it is like to play this game.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Erdricks posted:

https://vid.me/9eJ6

For posterity's sake, this is my entirely accurate video of what it is like to play this game.

haha

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well

Cease to Hope posted:

X-23 is annoying to play, does poo poo for damage, and dies in a stiff breeze.

I haven't played her since the update but I've heard the exact opposite from several people.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Recommending Loten for new SG leader

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Jusupov posted:

Recommending Loten for new SG leader

Negative. He's playing X-Defense, which is clearly the worst of all possible offenses.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Yes, that's he should be king.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

madcow posted:

Summoner's are getting fixed next patch, which sounds like it won't be this week, but next.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Most actual summoners were good going into the rework.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

punchymcpunch posted:

Man, you're just "resistant to change" you Oldie McOldson. All the hip young kids love walking slowly around big levels and waiting for travel powers to charge up then get interrupted by mobs as you drive around.

The travel change really feels redundant now that they've added more changes in. I get that the idea was they wanted us the play through content and not just teleport to bosses and kill them in 5 seconds. Okay, so now we all do poo poo for damage compared to the old days so the bosses don't die immediately, and they added this BIF bar that encourages us to kill mobs instead of bosses, and the story mode can't be cheesed but you level up super fast playing through it normally anyway. Seems like adding back in dashes wouldn't affect any of the issues they wanted to solve.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

davebo posted:

Man, you're just "resistant to change" you Oldie McOldson. All the hip young kids love walking slowly around big levels and waiting for travel powers to charge up then get interrupted by mobs as you drive around.

The travel change really feels redundant now that they've added more changes in. I get that the idea was they wanted us the play through content and not just teleport to bosses and kill them in 5 seconds. Okay, so now we all do poo poo for damage compared to the old days so the bosses don't die immediately, and they added this BIF bar that encourages us to kill mobs instead of bosses, and the story mode can't be cheesed but you level up super fast playing through it normally anyway. Seems like adding back in dashes wouldn't affect any of the issues they wanted to solve.

the actual probvlem they wanted to solve was: the game cant work on playstation 4 when you go fast.

thats also why kokoro likes the changes, because hes playing on a filipino toaster he built in a CAVE, from a box of SCRAPS, while hiding from duterte

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Give everyone a permanent extra dash charge as a 30 day login reward imo

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Toshimo posted:

Negative. He's playing X-Defense, which is clearly the worst of all possible offenses.

Excuse me, but I think you'll find the best X-Defence is a good X-offense.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Jedit posted:

Excuse me, but I think you'll find the best X-Defence is a good X-offense.

top tier waifu right there

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

I AM THE MOON posted:

the actual probvlem they wanted to solve was: the game cant work on playstation 4 when you go fast.

thats also why kokoro likes the changes, because hes playing on a filipino toaster he built in a CAVE, from a box of SCRAPS, while hiding from duterte

Hey that's not true at all.

It's more of a pit, I'll have you know.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Kokoro Wish posted:

Hey that's not true at all.

It's more of a pit, I'll have you know.

at least you have jollibee over there

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Jesus Christ, Juggernaut's one of the very highest damage heroes now with this 1:08 ttk from PraetorKamahl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWuacNN92AM

Look at those 8, 9, and 10 million brutals! LOOK AT THEM! DISGUSTING! #NOTMYMARVELHEROES

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

Lozareth posted:

Jesus Christ, Juggernaut's one of the very highest damage heroes now with this 1:08 ttk from PraetorKamahl:

Look at those 8, 9, and 10 million brutals! LOOK AT THEM! DISGUSTING! #NOTMYMARVELHEROES

Thankfully it's not the pure BED build, it's a weird BED+Sunday Punch mashup so hopefully only the Sunday Punch part gets nerfed.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Give everyone a permanent extra dash charge as a 30 day login reward imo

Make it a reoccurring one, and then make it retroactive.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Grinning Goblin posted:

Make it a reoccurring one, and then make it retroactive.

Consecutive login days increase the amount of dash charges your char can store.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

DarciisFyer posted:

Thankfully it's not the pure BED build, it's a weird BED+Sunday Punch mashup so hopefully only the Sunday Punch part gets nerfed.

sunday punch does about twice the damage of BED, but then again it only hits one target at a time

if boss waves consisted of a single ttk dummy it probably would be OP

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

DarciisFyer posted:

:ssh: it's also based on a bug. You can add 50 seconds to the time safely by just fixing the bug. No nerfs required.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:

Lozareth posted:

New tourney winning hero confirmed?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I still say 3 million illegals voted for you.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Don't let Stan Lee see that Huggernaut TTK. He will demand the nerf as mutants are not allowed to be good.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
The real question is, what are TTEs like in a post BUE world? People hungrier that ever now? Or are people having trouble chewing fast due to teeth pain linked to how sweet this game is now?

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Don't let Stan Lee see that Huggernaut TTK. He will demand the nerf as mutants are not allowed to be good.

Literally shaking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Overminty posted:

Literally shaking

I guess you haven't seen the movies which are the highest of canons and shape the very foundation of marvel games.