Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.
Slitting Hanzo's throat should be an option after you've played his veteran mission a sufficient number of times. I'm trying to get his drat scroll, and he's being a greedy bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

As I get towards the end of NG: I think if this game had like five or six more enemy types and maybe a little more environment variety it would be close to a 10/10 for me. As it is, I'm impressed by the variety of armor available, and by how much I don't feel restricted by the fact that there are only five weapon types. The combat is good as hell. The level design definitely has its moments, especially when it's doing things the Souls games never tried (like levels that take place on an active battlefield, or where the level's end boss is right there in the middle loving with you as you go through the rest of the mission), even if the early game's levels are kind of drab and uninspired.

It's hamstrung by the lack of enemy variety, though. People aren't kidding when they say that, once you reach the halfway point, you've seen every enemy the game has to offer (aside from bosses, of course). All that's left is the equivalent of palette swaps with like one new move compared to the old version.

I know they're planning a couple pieces of story/mission DLC, so I hope those come with a couple new enemy types each. I'm still excited to play through NG+, but boy would I love some more standard enemies that aren't "dudes with weapons" or "skeletons with weapons."

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Bugblatter posted:

Man some of the NG+ stuff is just straight-up unfun bullshit. Hey, let's add raven yokai to boss fights in tiny arenas with deadly ledges!

I loving hate these guys. I have no idea why because they telegraph most of their moves really well but I have the worst goddamn time fighting them.

e: what's the folklore significance of the paper cutouts or kites that will turn into yokai if you get close?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

I loving hate these guys. I have no idea why because they telegraph most of their moves really well but I have the worst goddamn time fighting them.

Yeah, I'm terrible at fighting raven tengu. I have no idea why, either. I know their moves. I know how to dodge their moves. But they gently caress me up every time.

I burned through six Elixirs in a recent sub-mission that made me fight two of them at once in a relatively small space, and that's with using my Living Weapon on them. (Then I immediately had to fight an Onryoki in the same place with no break in between, and I had to do it without getting hit because I had no Elixirs left and like 400 Life. I did, which probably highlights just how bad I am at fighting tengu specifically.)

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Yeah that fight was miserable. Thank goodness for Sloth!

Onryoki is my bitch at this point though.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I just found out after you beat the game divine loot also starts dropping in normal NG and from the dojo trainers, so if you want a later game set you could just farm the normal missions then soul match up to 150+

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Yodzilla posted:

They're fine on their own but awful in groups of any kind. Super mobile, 360 attacks, ranged attacks, and a lot of health for a common enemy. The first three points mean they're really lethal and hard to avoid while picking off other enemies. The final point means that if you try to take them out first, you have to avoid the other enemies attacks for a long period of time.

I'm glad sloth exists, because "Just add a couple Raven Tengu to the group" seems to be the devs' favorite way to spice up NG+ side missions. I'm pretty sure I've died more times to Raven Tengu groups now than I have to all the bosses combined.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Right now, the only yokai that scare me are raven tengu and sometimes the onyudo (the guys with the long tongues) just because I sometimes screw up dodging their tongue swipes and get owned. Every other yokai is no big deal. Somehow I don't think I'm ever not going to fear the tengu, though. The one-eyed oni, yoki, ninja yoki, wheelmonks, and all the others are fine.

Oh wait, I hate the kasa-obake too (the umbrella guys) but they don't show up very often, thankfully.

Come to think of it, I haven't encountered a mujina in a while. I miss those little guys. I like to try to sync up the "Bye!" emote when they wave goodbye at me so we can be extra good pals :3: I also don't think I ever got their bestiary entry because I've never killed one.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Feb 14, 2017

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
I can't beat the blob and my other option is a poison mine side quest and I hate the poison mine.

The only boss aside from the centipede that I haven't gotten stuck on were the centipede and the Mineshuga or whatever honor duel so here is my hot tip: shoot him in the head with a hand cannon before he sees you and then stab him on the ground while he's talking and you're like 1/5 through the fight before it even started. Most of the rest of the fight is just walking backwards while he does stuff then hitting him between walking backwards.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
You're all complaining about holes in things but you lack true knowledge: The best attack is to let the enemy defeat himself.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Pierson posted:

You're all complaining about holes in things but you lack true knowledge: The best attack is to let the enemy defeat himself.

That's great.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

If you look at the mandolin dudes in the bestiary you'll find out that the actual monster is the mandolin and the guy is just an avatar being controlled by it, but did you know that they have teeth? I didn't and now I'm creeped out!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

I can't beat the blob and my other option is a poison mine side quest and I hate the poison mine.

The poison mine side quest didn't have any poison, if I remember correctly.

Hot tip for the blob fight: use fire. You probably have a bunch of Fire Medallions stocked up, so rub those on your weapon and just beat on him, don't even go for the weak spots, fire fucks him up no matter where you hit him.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Use the Hyottoko mask or whatever its called and melt the blob in seconds

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Are there any other cool consumables I should know about? I never use any of them because I'm like, oh I don't want to waste it on a regular enemy, or I don't want to waste it on this boss and then lose, so I have a mountain of junk in my inventory

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

So there's a Nue Mask. I'm going to grind my rear end off for it, it looks amazing!

Is this rare? I got it on the first try and assumed it was just a standard drop from the boss.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

CJacobs posted:

If you look at the mandolin dudes in the bestiary you'll find out that the actual monster is the mandolin and the guy is just an avatar being controlled by it, but did you know that they have teeth? I didn't and now I'm creeped out!

Yup, always aim your ranged attacks at the mandolin and you'll get a "headshot"

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

That is loving terrifying.

So, as someone who started out being frustrated and complaining about the health pools of human enemies, I've pretty much come around on that.

This has been said before, but it's an artifact of the soulsborne mindsets of waiting for openings and punishing. Yes, that's exactly what you do here, but in soulsborne it's possible to get by much more conservatively. Bating specific attacks and punishing those. Here, if you just wait for the easiest attacks to punish, it will take forever. And I think that's what people, including myself, were complaining about. This game rewards aggression so much. it's not about waiting for the easy opening to punish, it's about punishing all the time. Hitting the enemy constantly. It feels like you're just doing chip damage when you are doing hit and runs, but when you're dodging and blocking and hitting constantly, you're just draining their health bar. Knowing which attacks to block and which to dodge and ki pulsing to stay in the fight is pretty amazing.

As a katana/magic build, I've been using sloth/weakness/lifeseal talismans as a crutch, but I managed to do The Zen and the Sword Are One ( I think that's what it's called) on the second or third try. Which is the best I've ever done against a human opponent. I'm sure it's not a super-hard fight compared to some of the others, but it was cool to do a fight with no magic. I used almost every stance, used night rain and parries (sparingly, I'm still not very consistent). Great fight.

I also had a lot of fun with the flying ninja boss in the burning castle. At first it seemed so hard. But by the end I was dodging around all his projectiles and bombs and attacks and knocking him out of the air constantly.

Snak fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Feb 14, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Are there any other cool consumables I should know about? I never use any of them because I'm like, oh I don't want to waste it on a regular enemy, or I don't want to waste it on this boss and then lose, so I have a mountain of junk in my inventory

Salt is surprisingly useful against the standard demon yokai, it will generally exhaust all their stamina in one throw. I used to never use it but now it's how I open fights with them.

edit: Oh also :siren: Salt purifies yokai auras instantly and can be thrown from a distance :siren:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Harrow posted:

Right now, the only yokai that scare me are raven tengu and sometimes the onyudo (the guys with the long tongues) just because I sometimes screw up dodging their tongue swipes and get owned. Every other yokai is no big deal. Somehow I don't think I'm ever not going to fear the tengu, though. The one-eyed oni, yoki, ninja yoki, wheelmonks, and all the others are fine.

Oh wait, I hate the kasa-obake too (the umbrella guys) but they don't show up very often, thankfully.

Come to think of it, I haven't encountered a mujina in a while. I miss those little guys. I like to try to sync up the "Bye!" emote when they wave goodbye at me so we can be extra good pals :3: I also don't think I ever got their bestiary entry because I've never killed one.

That first raven tengu you fight gave me a lot more trouble than most of the bosses so far.

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!

CJacobs posted:

Salt is surprisingly useful against the standard demon yokai, it will generally exhaust all their stamina in one throw. I used to never use it but now it's how I open fights with them.

edit: Oh also :siren: Salt purifies yokai auras instantly and can be thrown from a distance :siren:

I used salt against Onryoki as well. It was surprisingly effective at burning away all his ki with a few uses. Unfortunately I ran out quiiiick.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Salt is one of those things that I always have too much of and end up leaving it around the level. I used talk successfully in the alpha and beta demos, but when I got the game, i tried to use it 4 times and it did nothing. Not sure why. I should probably try it again.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

For the people who were asking about how much Stamina you need to get B agility with heavy armor.
The answer is 50+, exact value will depend on what heavy armor you use and how many points you've put into Strength.

I have 54 Stamina and 13 Strength and that puts me just into B agility range with the Raging Bull set.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I always forget to use items until I can't carry any more.

Then I'll use a few to make space and immediately forget to use them again

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I went light armor and haven't looked back. It's made a world of difference in stamina recovery, speed, and damage output.

I might just hemorrhage points into stamina just to see where I need to be to wear heavy armor and still be A in agility.

And here is the answer:

Superschaf posted:

I have 54 Stamina and 13 Strength and that puts me just into B agility range with the Raging Bull set.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, I don't regret switching over to light armor. I had 12 Stamina and 13 Strength for a while so I could wear medium armor (and stay in B Agility) if I found a set I liked, but so far, every set that I've found post-Warrior of the West that I like has been light, so, screw medium armor, I guess.

I mean, medium does have the Kingo set (Crossed Sickles), which gives you +20% damage from behind if you have 6 pieces, but set bonuses that require more than four or five pieces are really hard to maintain and not worth sacrificing other things for.

It helped that I tested the damage reduction difference between light and medium and came up with a big, fat "who gives a poo poo," too. Medium will probably let you take one more hit than light in some situations, but not enough that I think it's a selling point in and of itself. I just can't get that excited about 7% more damage reduction.

Glenn Quebec posted:

I might just hemorrhage points into stamina just to see where I need to be to wear heavy armor and still be A in agility.

I wonder if it's even possible to reach A-rank Agility in heavy armor, if it takes 54 Stamina just to reach B-rank. Given how little you get per point of Stamina and how much more equip weight you need to lose to get from B to A Agility, I don't think it can be done.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Feb 14, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I'm really sad I keep hearing people talking about how hard this game is. In the latest Bonfireside Chat noted goon Soulsmans were talking about how they were going to "give it a try" but were predisillusioned at it being too hard from the alpha and lovely reviewers you done block or use items or think its the "thing" that you are supposed to talk about difficulty.

I'd put this on level with Dark Souls 1. by the time DS got to 3 it felt like there were a very few specific ways you could play. This thread has everyone with wildly varied builds all having fine success. I seen videos of people clowning bosses with fists, cheeseing them with spears. countering them with swords. I know my ninja sets them on fire and poisons them and dares then to catch me. hell you can summon sherpas if you need to. I have a few drinks and coop, not gonna miss new content when I'm drunk, but hell ill bossrush.

My worry is people are hearing that this is "harder then Dark Souls" which I disagree with. But its getting dismissed as the glutton for punishment game. Its lame.

I guess my point is games reviewers are bad and wrong, not a revelation, but a lot of people are missing out on this super good game.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My opinion is that Nioh is easier than Souls but more punishing, if that makes sense.

Like, I think it's easier to avoid making mistakes in Nioh. You have a ton of tools at your disposal to avoid getting in trouble in the first place. The player is pretty empowered in comparison to most enemies in Nioh, which isn't the case in Souls, where I think you're always supposed to feel small and vulnerable no matter how badass you think you are. In Nioh, you are a badass.

But if you miss all your chances to avoid a gently caress up and then you do gently caress up, Nioh's going to smack you the hell down for it in a way that Souls won't. Souls is pretty sparing with its almost-instant kills, but Nioh isn't. Nioh isn't afraid to let you die in a single combo, or to let an enemy knock off 75% of your Life in a single hit, then follow it up with another attack way faster than you think they should. Souls wants to wear you down by making you pay little by little for your mistakes as you go; Nioh, instead, wants you to be the badass you're supposed to be and will rip you in half if you don't.

The point is, I don't think it's harder than Souls. I don't know if I think it's even as hard as Souls. But I can see why a lot of reviewers or commentators think that it is, because until you learn how to play, Nioh will kill you so fast you won't feel like it's fair.

I also think reviewers who are coming from Souls undervalue blocking. Something I always tell people when they're turned off from Nioh because they heard you can get killed in a single, inescapable combo: the problem is that the reviewer tried to dodge out of a combo, when your block is actually faster than your dodge. You need to block to break a combo. Then you're free to counterattack or dodge out. I think Souls and Bloodborne drummed the idea that dodging is the one true defense into people's minds so they're not really ready to really need to block sometimes in Nioh. Even in light armor, blocking is a viable way to defend yourself against a lot of attacks. (I also forget this all the time. It's still my reflex to mash dodge when I'm being combo'd, and then I die and remember, gently caress, I'm supposed to block.)

Harrow fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 14, 2017

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
It's the stuff like the Muneshige duel that has people going apeshit. And that fight is a real oval office. I did it last night, took me about three dozen attempts with one coming super close before I decided to hump the stump and cheese it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Bombadilillo posted:

I'm really sad I keep hearing people talking about how hard this game is. In the latest Bonfireside Chat noted goon Soulsmans were talking about how they were going to "give it a try" but were predisillusioned at it being too hard from the alpha and lovely reviewers you done block or use items or think its the "thing" that you are supposed to talk about difficulty.

I'd put this on level with Dark Souls 1. by the time DS got to 3 it felt like there were a very few specific ways you could play. This thread has everyone with wildly varied builds all having fine success. I seen videos of people clowning bosses with fists, cheeseing them with spears. countering them with swords. I know my ninja sets them on fire and poisons them and dares then to catch me. hell you can summon sherpas if you need to. I have a few drinks and coop, not gonna miss new content when I'm drunk, but hell ill bossrush.

My worry is people are hearing that this is "harder then Dark Souls" which I disagree with. But its getting dismissed as the glutton for punishment game. Its lame.

I guess my point is games reviewers are bad and wrong, not a revelation, but a lot of people are missing out on this super good game.

Yeah, and people who struggle through DS games and only learned to play in very limited, defensive ways, won't find those tactics effective in Nioh at all. Blocking is important in Nioh, but turtling doesn't work at all. Opinions seem to very, but I feel like Nioh is even faster and rewards more aggression the Bloodborne. Combos are quicker and movesets are more diverse. In bloodborne, you are dodging around doing the same one or two combos. Because there's no Ki Pulsing, stamina usage is kind of a fixed clock that defines your movement and combo pattern. Not so in Nioh. In Nioh, if you are just in high stance pretending that you're greatswording and doing a hit and a dodge and a hit and a dodge, not ki pulsing and just waiting for your ki to regenerate like stamina, you're going to have a very tedious and rough time compared to if you're switching stances and ki pulsing.

So Nioh's not harder, but people learned to play Dark Souls one lovely way, and when they tried to apply that to Bloodborne, it didn't work. Some of the people adapted and learned how to play Bloodborne "the way it's supposed to be played", but now they're trying to play Nioh that way. And again, it doesn't really work. So a huge chunk of people are just not recognizing that they need to learn how to play the game. I'm a slow learner, but I'm getting there. Meanwhile, I read a post on reddit yesterday from a guy who insists that Ki Pulsing "is pointless. It does nothing". So there area lot of really stubborn people who aren't seeing what the game is trying to teach them.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Harrow posted:

Yeah, I don't regret switching over to light armor. I had 12 Stamina and 13 Strength for a while so I could wear medium armor (and stay in B Agility) if I found a set I liked, but so far, every set that I've found post-Warrior of the West that I like has been light, so, screw medium armor, I guess.

I mean, medium does have the Kingo set (Crossed Sickles), which gives you +20% damage from behind if you have 6 pieces, but set bonuses that require more than four or five pieces are really hard to maintain and not worth sacrificing other things for.

It helped that I tested the damage reduction difference between light and medium and came up with a big, fat "who gives a poo poo," too. Medium will probably let you take one more hit than light in some situations, but not enough that I think it's a selling point in and of itself. I just can't get that excited about 7% more damage reduction.

I wonder if it's even possible to reach A-rank Agility in heavy armor, if it takes 54 Stamina just to reach B-rank. Given how little you get per point of Stamina and how much more equip weight you need to lose to get from B to A Agility, I don't think it can be done.

I'm at 96 stamina and I'm still at C agility with the obsidian set and I don't think I'll ever reach B.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Glenn Quebec posted:

It's the stuff like the Muneshige duel that has people going apeshit. And that fight is a real oval office. I did it last night, took me about three dozen attempts with one coming super close before I decided to hump the stump and cheese it.

Tachibana Muneshige's difficulty comes from how early in the game his fight is. Once you know how to deal with that kind of enemy, he's not so bad. He telegraphs his attacks really well so you can dodge through them (or parry, if you're feeling confident), and leaves his back wide open during most of his attacks. He's also terrible at managing his Ki compared to later samurai duel bosses. If you learn the various kick moves (the single katana's Kick is the best, I think), you can throw one out at the end of each of your attack strings and wear down his Ki really quickly, because he likes to blow it on aggressive attacks, too. Then knock him down, stab him, and repeat.

I won't say he isn't hard, though. I had the benefit of having learned how to fight him in the demo weekend and he killed me like 20 times there. But he's great training for how to deal with some of the fast, aggressive human bosses you're going to run into later. If you're feeling up to it, go rematch him a few times and try to learn how to stay aggressive against him--you'll be glad to have that skill later.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Snak posted:

That is loving terrifying.

So, as someone who started out being frustrated and complaining about the health pools of human enemies, I've pretty much come around on that.

This has been said before, but it's an artifact of the soulsborne mindsets of waiting for openings and punishing. Yes, that's exactly what you do here, but in soulsborne it's possible to get by much more conservatively. Bating specific attacks and punishing those. Here, if you just wait for the easiest attacks to punish, it will take forever. And I think that's what people, including myself, were complaining about. This game rewards aggression so much. it's not about waiting for the easy opening to punish, it's about punishing all the time. Hitting the enemy constantly. It feels like you're just doing chip damage when you are doing hit and runs, but when you're dodging and blocking and hitting constantly, you're just draining their health bar. Knowing which attacks to block and which to dodge and ki pulsing to stay in the fight is pretty amazing.

As a katana/magic build, I've been using sloth/weakness/lifeseal talismans as a crutch, but I managed to do The Zen and the Sword Are One ( I think that's what it's called) on the second or third try. Which is the best I've ever done against a human opponent. I'm sure it's not a super-hard fight compared to some of the others, but it was cool to do a fight with no magic. I used almost every stance, used night rain and parries (sparingly, I'm still not very consistent). Great fight.

I also had a lot of fun with the flying ninja boss in the burning castle. At first it seemed so hard. But by the end I was dodging around all his projectiles and bombs and attacks and knocking him out of the air constantly.

Welcome brother.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

Tachibana Muneshige's difficulty comes from how early in the game his fight is. Once you know how to deal with that kind of enemy, he's not so bad. He telegraphs his attacks really well so you can dodge through them (or parry, if you're feeling confident), and leaves his back wide open during most of his attacks. He's also terrible at managing his Ki compared to later samurai duel bosses. If you learn the various kick moves (the single katana's Kick is the best, I think), you can throw one out at the end of each of your attack strings and wear down his Ki really quickly, because he likes to blow it on aggressive attacks, too. Then knock him down, stab him, and repeat.

I won't say he isn't hard, though. I had the benefit of having learned how to fight him in the demo weekend and he killed me like 20 times there. But he's great training for how to deal with some of the fast, aggressive human bosses you're going to run into later. If you're feeling up to it, go rematch him a few times and try to learn how to stay aggressive against him--you'll be glad to have that skill later.

I really like that his fight is optional.

It's a great primer on what is to come in terms of human enemies. It's punishing, but it's optional.

Likewise, the bat lady. She was a really brutal wall for me, but her paralysis wave does a good job of impressing upon the player the importance of consistent dodging. It's got a big tell, a big visual, and it's pretty easy to dodge. But it punished players who don't bother to learn to dodge it. It makes to learn.

The only boss so far I don't think is very good is the centipede. And my only real beef with that is his 180 crawling through himself to come out of his own rear end.

edit: ^ thanks. I'm still terrible, though. But it's a process.

I'm also not even sure that magic, like sloth talismans, need a nerf. They break the early game from when you get them until the the mid game, but in some ways, you're just robbing yourself. They reinforce bad habits, take up a slot, take time to cast. Like, the 7 kunai that I bought as my 3rd ever ninja skill were infinitely more valuable than my sloth talismans.

Snak fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 14, 2017

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I like this video for showing off what it looks like when you completely style on a tough samurai duel boss (on NG+):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9UP33J6ymQ

Snak posted:

I was pretty proud to beat that boss on the first try. I didn't think he was very hard, but he was cool as hell. I still only have a couple pieces of his armor but I really want it, it looks sweet. (Although there's actually an armor set in I think the next mission that looks even better and I have no idea where to find it aside from a single boss.)

Belzac posted:

Welcome brother.

Speaking of, maybe Belzac knows: do you know where to find more pieces of the Justice Ministry set aside from hoping revenants have it or farming Otani Yoshitsugu in the Sekigahara mission? I like its set bonus a lot, but even without wearing it (because like hell I'm locking myself into a 6-piece set) I really want it for refashioning. That purple coat looks rad as hell.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

I like this video for showing off what it looks like when you completely style on a tough samurai duel boss (on NG+):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9UP33J6ymQ

Yeah, this is exactly what I'm talking about when I say their health pool doesn't seem so big after all. And really "all" you did was just punish every single attack.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
I can refashion into tons of stuff I can't make or own but I would assume just owning the first boss of Sekigahara is the most consistent. That said pretty much everyone between the end of NG and start of NG+ bracket was clad head to toe in it when they died so that could also be an option.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Belzac posted:

I can refashion into tons of stuff I can't make or own but I would assume just owning the first boss of Sekigahara is the most consistent. That said pretty much everyone between the end of NG and start of NG+ bracket was clad head to toe in it when they died so that could also be an option.

How much more game is there after Sekigahara? That's my next main mission...

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
5 more main missions I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Belzac posted:

Okay cool, maybe I'll just fight a bunch of revenants then, if farming the boss doesn't turn up much. Thanks!