Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Zzulu posted:

Am I seeing things or is the mythic outfit for conquerors shooting fire out of its back? :stare:

Fiery wings. Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So it's great that people are already abusing gear to get revenge mode super fast and basically never die because of it.

Are we talking broken bad or 'ffs you idiots stop randomly hitting the guy I'm fighting' bad?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
omg vikings get lightning crackling around them

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Songbearer posted:

My 'blem for the full launch:

Given the lack of visibility, I had to step up and make it chunkier as opposed to my beta one:

I think it looks nicer though.

Thats pretty

im art retarded so im prob just gonna put a bunch of sticks together and make it saints row colours :sigh:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Played some Lawbringer properly vs. other people.

Hoo boy.

I'm gonna love you, rad polearm dude, but goddamn if you're not making it difficult.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

everyone talking about lawbros and the fat samurai but im over here still maining a Raider

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Wow the shugoki murder charge is somehow super hard to dodge.
Welp better not fight any hurt shugoki with a Warlord?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Can you interrupt it with a guard break or attack?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Valkyrie is very interesting but kind of cumbersome to play (well). She has a lot of combo potential but its a lot to remember

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Psycho Society posted:

Can you interrupt it with a guard break or attack?

Guard break no. Attack only if his hyper armor is down. I actually got insta killed by the back breaker because even though he started the attack at half health, my heavy took him down to almost nothing but didn't phase him due to his hyperarmor. They really should change it to only work if you START the attack in the red zone.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What does this fantasy effect mythic armor look like, I thought they were going for a sort of realistic aesthetic, not flaming wings and crackling electricity armor.

I tried googling, but all it returned was world of warcraft.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What does this fantasy effect mythic armor look like, I thought they were going for a sort of realistic aesthetic, not flaming wings and crackling electricity armor.

You can actually model your character in all the outfits in the customization menu, even if you don't have them unlocked. Just click on them in the appropriate tab.

But the short answer would be "not great" in my opinion. They're your typical over-elaborate dlc suits that people buy to look big and tough right out of the gate.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Feb 14, 2017

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Donnerberg posted:

Are we talking broken bad or 'ffs you idiots stop randomly hitting the guy I'm fighting' bad?

Thanks to the magic of ~gear stats~ you can engineer builds that reliably and frequently pop revenge even when fighting a single combatant. It's usually a weaker revenge in some way but you get the health and poise no matter what so it's still hella broken.

Don't hate the player though, hate the game. Like seriously it's Ubisoft's fault.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The armor still looks like regular armor, there's just an effect applied to it, from what I can tell, when you execute someone? I saw a knight with the flaming wings thing and they activated when he executed me

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

There are idle, execution and emote versions of the armor effects I think, samurai can get cherry blossoms!

I'm loving this so far even though I suck rear end, been really enjoying playing shugoki. As others have said demon's embrace is really great if you can catch someone unawares with it.

Also dude has an execution where he sits on his opponent, I feel like that makes him the best character by default.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

How do I stop the game doing the god drat "Territory Recap" screen every time I come back to the game after a few hours break? It's so annoying having to sit through it as it shows me faction warfare that I really don't give a poo poo about.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Loopoo posted:

How do I stop the game doing the god drat "Territory Recap" screen every time I come back to the game after a few hours break? It's so annoying having to sit through it as it shows me faction warfare that I really don't give a poo poo about.

I think you're stuck with it, sorry.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

For what it's worth, I found it mildly entertaining when I peeked in this morning before work and saw the knight border take a massive leap forward.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Zzulu posted:

Valkyrie is very interesting but kind of cumbersome to play (well). She has a lot of combo potential but its a lot to remember

That's what I like about Valkyrie. It's only the first day but I imagine after lab ratting her for a week she won't be that difficult to know what situations you use what.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Ok, getting a handle on fighting the new guys, but holy poo poo the lawbringer bots are MURDEROUS.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

TV dog Wishbone of PBS posted:

Ok, getting a handle on fighting the new guys, but holy poo poo the lawbringer bots are MURDEROUS.

Weird, I've found it to be the complete opposite. Most level 3 bots are monsters, but the Lawbringer ones are utterly toothless.

It's kind of a shame, I really wanted to like poleaxe man but his moveset is just so slow and predictable. The only chain I can reliably get is GB -> Light and his hits are just so, so weak. Everything else is just parry fodder.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
Can somebody who is good at the game tell me how you escape the conquerer vortex (shield bash into side attack indefinitely) as a warden if they're good enough to reflex tech every guard break

so far it seems if i ever get shield bashed i'm going to get hit until they run out of stamina

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Day one of release and I already got a message after a duel. It was a peacekeeper that I 3-0'd as a conqueror and who was obviously playing for the first time.

"Sorry I suck"

:shobon:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
First text chat of the entire game for me was "no salt please" before round 1 of a Brawl had even begun. Then more idiocy followed.

I quickly decided to turn chat off.

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

UberJew posted:

Can somebody who is good at the game tell me how you escape the conquerer vortex (shield bash into side attack indefinitely) as a warden if they're good enough to reflex tech every guard break

so far it seems if i ever get shield bashed i'm going to get hit until they run out of stamina

Parrying the attack or dodging the bash most likely. I only had it happen to me a couple of times, though I did it plenty to others, and nobody seemed to ever get out. I think those moves just need adjusted TBH. More recovery time after the shield bash or increasing the stamina cost. Really anything to take it down a notch. There isn't much of a response window once you're backed into a corner by it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Av027 posted:

Parrying the attack or dodging the bash most likely.

The first option is literally impossible (the post-bash attack comes faster than your recovery), the second should work in theory but is confounded by the incredible tracking of the move.

Something should really be adjusted about it.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

So I just kicked some guys rear end in 1v1 without environmental kills or anything. And he says it's no wonder I'm on the no honor thread on Reddit?

Oh well

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

UberJew posted:

dodge

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Keegers posted:

the no honor thread on Reddit?

lol what is there some kind of Name and Shame thing on Reddit for people to whine about others fighting UNFAIRLY* or something?

*Unfair (ajd): Counters my play style.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Is there a trick for how to time dodging it or should i be unlocking and rolling, because it just hit me mid-dodge whenever I tried it

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

lol what is there some kind of Name and Shame thing on Reddit for people to whine about others fighting UNFAIRLY* or something?

*Unfair (ajd): Counters my play style.

Yeah I'm not sure I can't find the thread. I wanted to screenshot it because I think that's hilarious. I'm gonna keep on tbagging my way to the top

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Is this game bad like Siege? Cause that game was real thin and this game looks real thin.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Keegers posted:

Yeah I'm not sure I can't find the thread. I wanted to screenshot it because I think that's hilarious. I'm gonna keep on tbagging my way to the top

There was a Peacekeeper who was very mad that I, a Nobushi, was "playing defensively". Very dishonorable. I wonder if he posted about me there???

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Popete posted:

Is this game bad like Siege? Cause that game was real thin and this game looks real thin.

Define "thin" please.

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

Chomp8645 posted:

The first option is literally impossible (the post-bash attack comes faster than your recovery), the second should work in theory but is confounded by the incredible tracking of the move.

Something should really be adjusted about it.

Yeah, I suspected that was the case on the parry side. Other than, you know, the first attack, assuming they don't dodge into the bash to open up. The tracking on "charge" moves is indeed a problem. Probably the best place to start is removing that - makes dodging a legitimate counter to those moves in general, and it eliminates an "I win" combo. I freely admit that during open beta I went straight to this combo whenever someone pissed me off, and I did not lose those engagements. It's straight up bullshit.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Popete posted:

For me it feels like the mechanics are set up for one style of gameplay (1v1 or 2v2 duels) while the actual gameplay is set up for another (4v4/dota-lite) and they clash real bad.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Popete posted:

Siege was and is actually really good.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Chomp8645 posted:

Define "thin" please.

A pointless single player campaign that's only there as a check mark on the back of the box. 1v1/2v2 duels sounds like it would get old really fast when there isn't anything else to do. 4v4 just sounds like a poo poo show.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Having played Valkyrie for a couple of hours, I feel she is a bit underpowered. The attacks are definitely slower than Orochi or PK, the zone attack is a bit slow to come out as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BadLlama posted:

Siege was and is actually really good.

Siege was an ok game and a terrible Rainbow Six. It felt nothing like previous Rainbow games it had no single player content (that bullshit doesn't count). The multiplayer was alright but the settings made no sense. Why are national teams of spec ops fighting each other? I guess it's too spooky to have actual legitimate terrorist/hostage situations with bad guys so instead you're fighting anime-esque SWAT guys from Germany or wherever.