Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

He annoyed the crap out of me back in 2011, but I can't help but love Jack Edwards now. His face adorns my av with pride these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

AsInHowe posted:

The Red Wings have 10 combined goals from Sheahan, Abdelkader, Ericsson, Kronwall, Glendening & DeKeyser.

They are making a total of $21 million this year, out of $79 million, and the Wings have zero available cap space.

Yikes.

Sort of a similar indictment for Boston's forwards: Bergeron, Marchand, and Pastrnak have combined for 63 goals this year. That single line is 40% of Boston's total goals so far.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Yikes.

Sort of a similar indictment for Boston's forwards: Bergeron, Marchand, and Pastrnak have combined for 63 goals this year. That single line is 40% of Boston's total goals so far.

It's okay, Pastrnak is on the Krejci line now. Problem solved.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Aphrodite posted:

It's okay, Pastrnak is on the Krejci line now. Problem solved.

I actually did like him with Krejci and Cehlarik the other night, but then they sent Cehlarik down so I dunno.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Yikes.

and that's with Bergeron shooting just shy of 7%

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I actually did like him with Krejci and Cehlarik the other night, but then they sent Cehlarik down so I dunno.

It's because Providence has games he can play in during the Bruins 5 day break.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Yikes.

Here's another bad sign, albeit more of an apocryphal one: the Red Wings' All-Star was Frans Nielsen, and he has been invisible on the ice. I can't honestly remember a time when I thought that wow, Nielsen's really having a great shift/game.

The most memorable part of his season has been shooting pucks into little nets in the skills competition.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Jordan7hm posted:

and that's with Bergeron shooting just shy of 7%

He's finally turning that around. Rough start to the season but he's picked up 7 goals and 20 points in 2017 (19 games).

Aphrodite posted:

It's because Providence has games he can play in during the Bruins 5 day break.

Yeah that's what I figured. Some people seem to think it means the Bruins are clearing a roster spot for a trade though.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Brett Keisel makes HBK look like a bunch of random joes off the street. NFL athletes are just so loving big

Friendly Lurker
Apr 7, 2012

IOIOIOIOIOIOIO
What was that site that had video highlights of every players goal and the scoring chance percentage?
I need a new av since my favorite, most anger rousing player neither scores or goons it up these days :confused: I'd really like to see Corey Perry on a good east coast team, I think he and Marchand would make good rivals, and he needs a better line mate than backhand"whoops"pass Getzlaf .

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

AsInHowe posted:

Here's another bad sign, albeit more of an apocryphal one: the Red Wings' All-Star was Frans Nielsen, and he has been invisible on the ice. I can't honestly remember a time when I thought that wow, Nielsen's really having a great shift/game.

The most memorable part of his season has been shooting pucks into little nets in the skills competition.

give him back please

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

AsInHowe posted:

Frans come back baby

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
On a scale of 1 to 10, how regrettable is Lucic's contract going to be? At least a 9, right?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

AsInHowe posted:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Justin Abdelkader hasn't scored since November 26th
And he's signed through 2022-23 at $4.25 million per year

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I will kill Ken Holland
Then myself too

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Roses are red
Violets are blue
The Las Vegas Golden Knights'
Andreas Athanasiou

:suicide:

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Isles are orange
but also blue
Tavares still needs
a winger or two

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Rangers wear red
Rangers wear blue
If they're in a wildcard spot
Please don't get #2

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Jackets are red
Jackets are Blue
Thank God this year
The points aren't too few

Jackets wear red
And also Blue
They probably need
Goalie Number two

They wear white and red
Silver and Blue
Don't care about rhyme
Just glad they don't suck.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

tinstaach posted:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Andreas Athanasiou

God please no. Take sheahan instead, we promise he's great.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Roses are red
Mitch Marner is fleek
my wife bought me tickets
to the Leafs-Rangers game next week

:swoon:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Friendly Lurker posted:

What was that site that had video highlights of every players goal and the scoring chance percentage?
I need a new av since my favorite, most anger rousing player neither scores or goons it up these days :confused: I'd really like to see Corey Perry on a good east coast team, I think he and Marchand would make good rivals, and he needs a better line mate than backhand"whoops"pass Getzlaf .

This is all Carlyle's fault. Perry's GPG is half what it is under him than any other coach.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Habs dress in red
Habs fans are blue
Therrien'll still be coach in 2032

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
roses are red
these jokes are bad
if you can't get the scansion right
why even bother posting them

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Roses are piss
Violets are piss
The Flyers are piss
Everything's pissssss

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

That certainly conforms with the impression that the Caps are due for a regression.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Infidel Castro posted:

Roses are piss
Violets are piss
The Flyers are piss
Everything's pissssss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

tinstaach posted:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Andreas Athanasiou

Roses are red
Violets are blue
There's a team in Vegas?
That's loving stupid.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Need to win games
GM's getting pushy
HEY HANRAHAN
SUZANNE SUCKS PUSSY!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
im already filled with regret

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Feb 14, 2017

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Boston a what a city so grand
I can see why it has so many great fans
Oh no PK hit the ground and I shiver
For scores of fans yell "Get off the ice you loving..."

:eyepop:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Roses are red
Violets are blue
The Caps are #1
But come playoffs will lose

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
North Stars are Green
The Seals are Blue
Masterton just hit his head at a terrible time
Looks like he has died at just twenty nine

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Roses are red
Violets are blue
What was Hasek
supposed to do?!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I still laugh at that video every drat time like an idiot

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Ok, Jack Edwards is no longer a complete twunt.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

DJExile posted:

I still laugh at that video every drat time like an idiot

There's a special place in my heart for arena DJs who are very good at what they do, such as the one in that video who had the presence of mind to play "I Believe I Can Fly" during the resulting stoppage.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rotten Cookies posted:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
What was Hasek
supposed to do?!

10 points for a complete flip, but -3 for not sticking the landing.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

There have been 10 trades involving players to appear in an NHL game this year, not one of them has involved a player who regularly appears in the lineup. The esteemed list is:

Vern Fiddler (43 GP)
Tommy Wingels (42 GP)
Nikita Nesterov (41 GP)
Logan Shaw (37 GP)
Nail Yakupov (31 GP)
Mike Condon (31 GP)
Cody McLeod (31 GP)
Peter Holland (27 GP)
Michael Sgarbossa (27 GP)
Dylan McIlrath (5 GP)
Jonas Enroth (3 GP)
Steve Kampfer (1 GP)

I really wish the NHL would do something to start encouraging more trades, because that is stupid. Trades in the NBA are just as complicated, and yet they've had a bunch of big deals so far. Being able to trade cap space was supposed to improve things, but if anything they've got worse. The Hall/Larsson and Subban/Weber trades were entertaining as hell and surely the NHL must see that they're great for the sport? Constant excuses from GMs and an abject lack of noteworthy player movement is just a needless way to bleed entertainment from a sport already desperately short on casual fans.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

ThinkTank posted:

There have been 10 trades involving players to appear in an NHL game this year, not one of them has involved a player who regularly appears in the lineup. The esteemed list is:

Mike Condon has played like 60% of the Senator's games this year.

I agree with your main point, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Mike Condon has played like, 60% of the Senator's games this year though.

Yeah I take that back, there's one split time starter who was acquired as a temporary replacement and a pair 4th liners in Tommy Wingels and Vern Fiddler. Excitement!

• Locked thread