Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

painynumbs posted:

Piraro is one of the worst working cartoonists. By far. Guy can't land one single loving joke and is also outright offensive at times to boot.
Nah, Piraro lands jokes, they're just not big ones. And consuming other members of your same species for sustenance is inherently funny, it's just unfortunate that the visual shorthand for that is rooted in regressive stereotypes of other cultures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County

Skippy (December 16-17, 1929)

(Click on the second strip if your eyes are as bad as mine.)

Peanuts (February 13-14, 1970)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (April 30-June 1, 1930)

Thimble Theater (September 2-3, 1930)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Today's Dogg

Dustin

Mandrake

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (Dec. 16, 1994)

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

SomeMathGuy posted:

Reusing exam questions is an amateur move, 1930s school teacher!

It was the newest trick in the book at the time!

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
I just realized I hadn't seen Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog in a few months and kinda miss it. I'll be adding to my posts from now on.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Pickles

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Saliva boils at over 1100 Kelvin?? Wow! You learn something new every day when you read Ripley's Fact Check It Or Not!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

That also applies to Andy Schlafly.

And no, I'm not going to specify which one is 'that'.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Saliva boils at over 1100 Kelvin?? Wow! You learn something new every day when you read Ripley's Fact Check It Or Not!

That's what makes it such a good flux for casting aluminum!

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Sophie must be talking about the pre-Ces strips.

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Also, the first two Google results tell that saliva's boiling point is pretty much same as water's.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Kennel posted:

Also, the first two Google results tell that saliva's boiling point is pretty much same as water's.

For that to be true, saliva would have to be pretty much the same as water, and not a mystical secretion impenetrable to Science Rays.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

You knew he was asexual when you started dating Meg you don't have to make him feel bad.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

"Many thanks for your indulgence" would make a great epitaph for this goober.

Peanuts: Year Six (November 28-December 4, 1955)

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

Darthemed posted:

Nah, Piraro lands jokes, they're just not big ones. And consuming other members of your same species for sustenance is inherently funny, it's just unfortunate that the visual shorthand for that is rooted in regressive stereotypes of other cultures.

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Agreed on current piraro, but here's one from 2008 I liked because of the guy at the bar.

Ha. I actually like that, yeah. It's a funny visual, which I don't see much with him. His art just doesn't do it for me most of the time, but I'll dig through some of his old stuff for a change. Thanks!

Odonata posted:

I've decided that Baldo is the result of someone deciding that there needs to be more positive depictions of Hispanic people in the media, without the realization that there should also be good story telling, character development, jokes, etc.

Yeah, it's the writing. It blows. The characters are well-drawn; the daughter is just friggin' adorable, but she's written terribly. It's never wrung a laugh out of me. Sometimes it's trying to be Zits, other times it seems like it wants to be Dustin.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
I want an Original Popeye/Newspaper Spiderman crossover.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

painynumbs posted:

Ha. I actually like that, yeah. It's a funny visual, which I don't see much with him. His art just doesn't do it for me most of the time, but I'll dig through some of his old stuff for a change. Thanks!

Here's my favorite Actually Funny Bizarro (which I like mostly for the stupid pun):

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Selachian posted:

Here's my favorite Actually Funny Bizarro (which I like mostly for the stupid pun):

That is actually good

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Hey, this is kinda old, so it's possible this has been posted before, but I thought it was cool.

http://rgfellows.tumblr.com/post/64933901142/so-in-my-art-history-class-today-my-professor

Apparently the Phantom has a big following in New Guinea, to the point where some tribesmen paint him on their shields.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Baldo thinks it is being clever.

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

random Wallace the Brave

Curtis doesn't tell a joke, but it does introduce two scenarios in four panels.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

I really don't like Buck.

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

He looks like he painted his eyelids so people don't know he fell asleep.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Dream of the Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Happy Valentine's Day!

And He Did. (February, 1916)

Outbursts of Everett True (June, 1916)

Doings of the Duffs. (May, 1918, click for big)

The Gay Thirties (May, 1935, click for big))

Happy Valentine's Day!

They'll Do It Every Time (May, 1940, click for big)

Mopsy (October, 1940)

Happy Valentine's Day!

Tweedy (December, 1955, click for big)

Archie (October, 1955, click for big)

Jaf (1970)

Feiffer (1971, click for big)

Andy Capp (February, 1971, click for big)

Wee Pals (March, 1971, click for big)

Pyton

Richard's Poor Almanac (click for big)

Dick Tracy (November, 2009, click for big)

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

Vargo posted:

Big Nate

This girl is made of venetian blinds.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
:lol: My local paper just dropped Mark Trail for being one of its least popular comics. Unfortunately they also dropped Judge Parker and Rex Morgan, which I admit I don't particular care about except that this means there are no more soap opera/serial comics in the paper. That's kind of a shame.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Join us next time for more of "Family Peep Show Theatre".

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Aardmania posted:

Join us next time for more of "Family Peep Show Theatre".

Seriously, that's all this comic is, every loving day.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Still only Luann today because my Internet persists in being a piece of poo. There will be a catchup post if/when I get any kind of a reasonable connection. I suspect it's related to some of the weather issues we're having up here in Northern California. You may have heard about them.

Anyway, here's a big flood of garbage:

We've flown well beyond the realm of plausible deniability that Pru doesn't realize he's got a thing for her. I mean, I think we did that a long time ago when he bought her expensive jewelry for Christmas, but today we've circled back around and made another pass. I don't buy that this New York theater lesbian is just naive. Whatever, Pru. Milk him for all he's worth. He's one of the characters who isn't allowed experience happiness.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set helps thine neighbor.

Working Daze...actually isn't bad.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix trickles down.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Still only Luann today because my Internet persists in being a piece of poo. There will be a catchup post if/when I get any kind of a reasonable connection. I suspect it's related to some of the weather issues we're having up here in Northern California. You may have heard about them.

Anyway, here's a big flood of garbage:

We've flown well beyond the realm of plausible deniability that Pru doesn't realize he's got a thing for her. I mean, I think we did that a long time ago when he bought her expensive jewelry for Christmas, but today we've circled back around and made another pass. I don't buy that this New York theater lesbian is just naive. Whatever, Pru. Milk him for all he's worth. He's one of the characters who isn't allowed experience happiness.
The minute he said "it's a date" a real person would have stopped and told him what's what. Yeah, we're past suspension of disbelief here.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Hoping Mary has a reaction along the lines of 'You did what? Because he didn't get your movie quote? You dope.'

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

I think my problem with these "Rat the President" strips has been that absolutely none of them seem outside of the realm of possibility.

The Phantom Meets Disproportionate Retribution

Pooch Café

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom Meets Disproportionate Retribution

That wasn't even poison or sleeping powder or anything, they just shot an arrow full of sand at him and sand fell on him and he screamed like a child, farted, and died.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Skippy (December 18, 1929)

Peanuts: We now return to The Head Beagle Saga. (February 18, 1970)

Funky Winkerbean, You Goddamn Insufferable rear end in a top hat

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (May 2-3, 1930)

Thimble Theater (September 4, 1930)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Does the Head Beagle Saga just happen to be the next in line for reruns, or...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I'm not doing this on purpose, if that's what you mean. It's just 1970 in order with a few syndicate reshuffles to accommodate holiday material.

Any similarity to Lucy's comments and current events is purely coincidental.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Feb 15, 2017

• Locked thread