Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
gonna keep shitposting until the democrats are communists

u cant stop me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Alter Ego posted:

I'm pretty sure they're just strawmanning your rather absurd idea that Nancy Pelosi is somehow to blame for the Democrats' woes, or for Hillary Clinton losing to Donald Trump.

She is

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Alter Ego posted:

I'm pretty sure they're just strawmanning your rather absurd idea that Nancy Pelosi is somehow to blame for the Democrats' woes, or for Hillary Clinton losing to Donald Trump.

Pelosi exemplifies everything wrong with the Democratic Party and why it's been resoundingly beaten on local, state and federal levels hth

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
this is what kills threads

Jk you can't kill what is already dead

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
democrats being literal communists instead of meekly denying whatever reason the republicans are calling them communists this week would be a marked improvement, as they would actually espouse some sort of ideology.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Alter Ego posted:

I'm pretty sure they're just strawmanning your rather absurd idea that Nancy Pelosi is somehow to blame for the Democrats' woes, or for Hillary Clinton losing to Donald Trump. I confess I don't know why you think this--Pelosi had next to no involvement in Clinton's campaign, and her job isn't to win elections, it's to run the House Democratic caucus.

What I'm saying is Pelosi and the useless officials who perpetually keep losing and negotiating with honest-to-god fascists should be removed if we want to mount any kind of credible defense.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

logikv9 posted:

this is what kills threads

Jk you can't kill what is already dead

This computer algorithm called Ada kills fascists

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/831559246659600388

I don't remember seeing Bernie go in on all the Russia stuff like all the Dems did after the election. The Senate seems pretty unhappy with Trump in general right now.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
what's funny is a lot of the Class of 2006 Dems blamed Pelosi for the 2010 wipeout for moving the party too far left

Jason Altmire was big on this line of criticism

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

democrats being literal communists instead of meekly denying whatever reason the republicans are calling them communists this week would be a marked improvement, as they would actually espouse some sort of ideology.

Dems are the party of the status quo. Did republicans bring back slavery last term? Expect dems to defend it to the death this term

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

GalacticAcid posted:

what's funny is a lot of the Class of 2006 Dems blamed Pelosi for the 2010 wipeout for moving the party too far left

It's her inability to stfu about gun control that gets purple state Dems massacred

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/831559246659600388

I don't remember seeing Bernie go in on all the Russia stuff like all the Dems did after the election. The Senate seems pretty unhappy with Trump in general right now.

The "Russia literally stole the election" narrative was just another way to say "our perfect unassailable abuela is beyond all criticism" so of course he wasn't on board with that

but that doesn't mean Trump's Russian ties aren't worrying as all gently caress going forward. They're two different things, really.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Proud Christian Mom posted:

It's her inability to stfu about gun control that gets purple state Dems massacred

Because surely if Nancy Pelosi hadn't talked about gun control, Republicans never would have brought it up.

I don't disagree that Pelosi herself is emblematic of the old way, but I dispute the idea that she would fight it if the party decided to go full Bernie. Find me someone else in the House who can run the Democratic caucus as well as she has done for the past, like, 11 years.

Fritz Coldcockin has issued a correction as of 18:54 on Feb 14, 2017

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Dems are the "this is fine" meme except they viciously attack any fire fighters trying to save them from the blaze

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
guns are cool, especially when they are used to steal from white people and overthrow the government

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

GalacticAcid posted:

nancy pelosi is the primary reason anything got done during that 2009-2010 period and she got blamed by conservative dems for it. She isn't perfect and I have no interest in her being on camera in general and I do think someone should probably replace her in the near future but she is basically fine as a placeholder and it isn't her fault Democrats are losing anything

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

G-Hawk posted:

nancy pelosi is the primary reason anything got done during that 2009-2010 period and she got blamed by conservative dems for it. She isn't perfect and I have no interest in her being on camera in general and I do think someone should probably replace her in the near future but she is basically fine as a placeholder and it isn't her fault Democrats are losing anything

I seem to recall a lot of people making GBS threads on Harry Reid between 2004-2006 when Dems were even more in the wilderness, yet he was probably one of the better Majority Leaders the Dems have had since, like, LBJ.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
harry reid was a good leader and i'm sad to see him go. i do still hold the iraq war vote against him, as i do against everyone who voted for it.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/319345-schumer-tries-to-keep-the-peace-as-sanders-speaks-out

quote:

The Senate minority leader convened a meeting last month between Sanders, a liberal stalwart, and a group of Democrats Sanders criticized for voting against an amendment he co-wrote to lower the cost of prescription drugs by allowing their importation from Canada.

One lawmaker described the atmosphere in the room as “frustrated.”

Sanders’s colleagues complained about an interview he gave to USA Today, a newspaper with the nation’s third-highest circulation, in which he said some Democrats lacked “guts” because they were unwilling to stand up to the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, one of the most influential associations in the nation’s capital.

He said it was “disappointing” that 13 Senate Democrats didn’t “stand up to powerful special interests like the pharmaceutical industry.” His public comments were especially offensive because Schumer tapped Sanders to serve on his leadership team in November, appointing him to serve as chairman of outreach.

Reaching out to rile up activists against fellow Democratic senators, however, is not what the leader had in mind.

“You cannot do that if you’re in the leadership,” said one senator who did not approve of Sanders’s tactics and requested anonymity to speak frankly.

loving cowards

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

G-Hawk posted:

Basically fine is what go us here, the timeline where a wall is being built along the border and climate refugees are about to start getting placed in camps while venture capitalists are kitesurfing with the ex-president.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I wanna know at which point the Democratic Party became big believers in Reagan's 11th Commandment, and travel back to that moment to smack them all in the face

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

We wouldn't want our young voters to think we have a spine or charisma. We are capitalists and that's the way it is.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

"$120,000 is chump change dude"

Serf posted:

this still makes me so mad

Who originally said this? I assume some Hill Shill like Axiel or something.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Basically fine is what go us here, the timeline where a wall is being built along the border and climate refugees are about to start getting placed in camps while venture capitalists are kitesurfing with the ex-president.

okay, let me know when you find someone in the house caucus who would be a better minority leader and wants to run for it. (And no, not Tim Ryan)

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

i said a two-income household totaling $120k was middle class in an argument against means testing and the myopic autist brigade melted down

Serf
May 5, 2011

cc

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
yglesias is now occasionally good

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/831565261966868481

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

It's not fair for you to use your leadership position to pressure us to do the right thing :qq:

Why can't you just approve of our boot licking like Obama? :qq:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

deadgoon posted:

guns are cool, especially when they are used to steal from white people and overthrow the government

No War but Class War friend.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

No War but Class War friend.

by "white people" i mean wealthy suburbanites and city dwellers, who have all integrated with settler culture

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

i said $120k/y is not close to rich compensation for someone running a billion dollar organization on a temporary basis and i'm still objectively correct

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Concerned Citizen posted:

i said $120k/y is not close to rich compensation for someone running a billion dollar organization on a temporary basis and i'm still objectively correct

Man, it must be nice to live in this alternate reality

Serf
May 5, 2011

you're still a moron lol

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
"Heh, I don't even do any work, Ada does it all for me, and they still pay me 120 grand to lounge around the Brooklyn office all day" :smug:

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

We wouldn't want our young voters to think we have a spine or charisma. We are capitalists and that's the way it is.

To be honest the current iteration of capitalism in the United States is a complete joke and an utter disgrace, it has nothing to do with Dems being capitalists. The Bad Dems are basically upset Sanders called them out as being spineless sycophants who protect corporate profits instead of serving the public interest so they called him into the safe space so they can cry about it.

I hope he told them to shut the gently caress up and called them out on even more poo poo.

Serf
May 5, 2011

"120k isn't a lot! 120k isn't a lot!" i continue to insist as i am dragged to the guillotine

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Brother Friendship posted:

To be honest the current iteration of capitalism in the United States is a complete joke and an utter disgrace, it has nothing to do with Dems being capitalists. The Bad Dems are basically upset Sanders called them out as being spineless sycophants who protect corporate profits instead of serving the public interest so they called him into the safe space so they can cry about it.

I hope he told them to shut the gently caress up and called them out on even more poo poo.

It's always been this iteration, there aren't different versions of genocidal crony-predatory-capitalism. Dem presidents like Bill and Obama just did a good job of hiding it. Pelosi and her ilk swear allegiance to this system.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Serf posted:

you're still a moron lol

120k/y is a very good salary that anyone can live off of, but calling it "getting rich" when it's for all of one or two years is absurd. it's not even high for the political world, even jeff weaver got paid more than that. cms on targeted senate races often get paid more than that. and the political world is dwarfed by the pay in private enteprise, where a salary for an equivalent organization would be in 10x that at absolute bare minimum and probably closer to 100x that

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The biggest problem with Robby Mook is not how much money he was paid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

120k/y is a very good salary that anyone can live off of, but calling it "getting rich" when it's for all of one or two years is absurd. it's not even high for the political world, even jeff weaver got paid more than that. cms on targeted senate races often get paid more than that. and the political world is dwarfed by the pay in private enteprise, where a salary for an equivalent organization would be in 10x that at absolute bare minimum.

sorry, i can't hear you over the fact that i and all my coworkers make less than a fifth of that amount. all i can hear is distant bougie babbling

• Locked thread