Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

a cyberpunk goose posted:

hahahaha

"Answer the call" was a tag line for SQ42 marketing

Also this was a game that got stuck in dev hell, wasted 50 million on it before realizing it was going to be poo poo, then changed it and came out to be game of the year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

peter gabriel posted:

same here, maybe stocks are low?

They've been putting all of their nothing in the game, supply is low.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

happyhippy posted:

Also this was a game that got stuck in dev hell, wasted 50 million on it before realizing it was going to be poo poo, then changed it and came out to be game of the year!

They're still potentially going to do something MMOFPS with the franchise. There was a recent big recruitment drive by Blizz for staff for a game that fits the bill. Thing is, of all the events so far, Junkenstein's revenge was by far the most popular, so PvE is at the very least something they'll be looking into expanding on.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Wrecked Angle posted:

Ugh, CIG are a loving disgrace.

No Sq42 update, no word on when there will be a Sq42 update.

No 3.0 update, no word on when there will be a 3.0 update.

Ship sale? Of course there loving is!

Lets just repeat for the billionth time, anyone still giving CIG money at this point is monumentally loving stupid.

I still remember your first post regarding Star Citizen... It was the best. :shobon:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Samizdata posted:

What I want is the ability to play my dream game the same way I live my life: pants-free.

Stop letting your dreams be dreams. Chris Roberts - 2015

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

As a female who enjoys to play games, if you did this for me for Valentine's Day (or really any holiday), I'd not be happy at all. Like very much not happy. Even if it was a game I really liked or wanted.

I'm just putting that out there. Obviously do whatever makes you and your significant other happy.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

You can all relax, the "shut up give us money" is still $5. Previous screenshot must have currency or VAT on it. Pledge away.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

DapperDon posted:

Stop letting your dreams be dreams. Chris Roberts - 2015

Fidelity 23point0, um, ah, um, subsumption sort of, um, ah, um, kind of spectrum, um, ah, um, diffusion, um, ah, um.. Chris Roberts - the whole loving time.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

The Titanic posted:

As a female who enjoys to play games, if you did this for me for Valentine's Day (or really any holiday), I'd not be happy at all. Like very much not happy. Even if it was a game I really liked or wanted.

I'm just putting that out there. Obviously do whatever makes you and your significant other happy.

I installed Heroes of Might & Magic III with a ton of mods. She's happy.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

The Titanic posted:

Any human female should feel happy and privileged to receive a quality gift such as a $400.00 JPEG or perhaps bitcoins.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

The prices on this poo poo never ceases to amaze me. Even more so that people think a DLC is worth it. :stare:

This is also some sick marketing and I hope no women are actually going to have this happen to them. Take her out to dinner at a nice restaurant for this price. Holy cow. You'd probably even get laid.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

cig please keep lesnick's fetishes out of the bdsse

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

doingitwrong posted:

Am I reading this right?

They've taken in more than $6,000 in the past two hours?

They take in $25,000-$50,000/DAY?

$900,000 is a LOW month?

They took in $7,750,000 in November 2016?
Star Citizen has an abnormal number of delusional whales but there's almost certainly also investor money and possibly tax breaks and poo poo being seeded into the tracker.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

The Titanic posted:

CIG's probably hoping to break up more relationships so their backers can have all that disposable income to themselves.

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

I've never seen so many people working to achieve so little.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Did they raise the price of nothing? I'm 99.9% sure that used to be 5 bucks.

It's VAT, please god lets not go down this rabbit hole. :ohdear:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/DisturbedJim83/status/823268141316931585
https://twitter.com/DisturbedJim83/status/779120962440663040

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

One man, and his obsession with penises. Cumming to a twitter feed near you.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Those development noobs at Frontier are livestreaming the "apparent" upcoming 2.3 features. In-game. Amateurs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?FrontierDevelopments?live

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Quavers posted:

Those development noobs at Frontier are livestreaming the "apparent" upcoming 2.3 features. In-game. Amateurs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?FrontierDevelopments?live

Better facial features than SC lol

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sabreseven posted:

Most people when placed in a room with a known goon will do nothing but have a chat and maybe have a laugh together,

Most people when placed in a room with a known pedophile will beat the pedophile to a pulp.

Yes, I can see why goons are worse than pedophiles. :doh:

And they wonder why everyone thinks they are a toxic and generally hosed up community.

I'm so loving triggered by this poo poo. :bang:

Also, you know, Goons don't get arrested and prosecuted for being, well, goons.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

FDev owning CIG again, live on youtube.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

X-Ultron posted:

I've never seen so many people working to achieve so little.

Star Citizen: I've never seen so many people working to achieve so little.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
All the valentine's day sales are "fresh cash" btw lol

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

SPACE inflation. Get it right.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Exinos posted:

Any human female should feel happy and privileged to receive a quality gift such as a $400.00 JPEG or perhaps bitcoins.

Add a dick photo with that and she'll be in heaven.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

loving hell, this Elite stream is like watching an episode of GoT. The ownage is brutal.

Asymmetry adjusts on meshes to make your dude look more like a real person.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
ED showing what will be in SC 4.2

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Why does everytime CIG do something nice for the community, look like a desperate cry for money to some

This is in reference to a ship sale lmao

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcZzlPGnKdU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

This is what I see eventually happening with Leathality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoLs0V8T5AA&t=22s

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

But, what if I changed your system's wallpaper to a picture of my dong while I installed it?

That would work right?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
jesus elite is savagely owning the gently caress outta SC right now

they'll have space legs and atmos planets in mid/late 2018 I bet

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Space Crabs posted:

yeah so theagent and eightace said it and now derek is crowing from the rooftops about how he was the one that said it all along, got it.

I'm sure at some point in the last 4 years i predicted this too, because this poo poo has gone on so long everyone has predicted everything at this point, it's like a TV IV thread where a character reveal happens after a 1 year break in the show and goons scramble over themselves to dig through the thousands of speculation posts to prove they were the ones to have called it.

Oh just let him have this one.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Holy poo poo this live stream is brutal, Frontier aren't dicking around
Also, more views than any SC live stream ever I think

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Another livestream on thursday showing multicrew.

It must be so horrible to be working at CIG seeing how E:D is roaring off into the distance while SC spins it's wheels in the mud.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

Stay strong commando.

Sandweed posted:

Pretty sure this is Danish Vikings. Or Alt-Vikings as they like to be called.

I'd like to visit the majestic mountains of Denmark one day :v:

Also, Frontier are smashing it in that livestream

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
FD Megaships showed a few eco domes on it.
Something SC has been saying for the last year or two.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
Mega ships (think movale stations) comming to Elite. GET HYPE !

Rats. Not fast enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Even if it wasn't a massive teabagging of CIG I'd still say Frontier have done a great job there, really impressed.