Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

My latest Star Citizen missive talks about 3.0, SQ42, the E.L.E and why backers are pretty much, screwed.

I know i give you a lot of poo poo but

quote:

SQUADRON 42 – #JUSTANOTHERGAME MODE?

With all the recent musings and rumors, not to mention the switch to Lumberyard rekindling talk of SQ42 coming to consoles, it’s looking a lot like, just as I said in the past, that SQ42 could very well end up being another game module within the pre-existing game launcher.

I don't ever remember you saying this until after eightace said it the other day.

Feel free to drop the Tsar Bomba of words on me going back to july to prove me wrong though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

AP posted:

r/starcitizen suicide prevention posters for when the end comes.

Paging user Galarox. Paging user Galarox. Please report to the nearest Photoshop workstation for duty.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Space Crabs posted:

I know i give you a lot of poo poo but

I don't ever remember you saying this until after eightace said it the other day.

Feel free to drop the Tsar Bomba of words on me going back to july to prove me wrong though.

Jan 12, 2017, in the SQUADRON 42. STILL MIA section.

http://dereksmart.com/forums/topic/sc-scoop/#post-5174

quote:

A recent rumor that’s been floating around also suggests that SQ42 will probably no longer exist as a separate game as previously planned. Instead, the missions will be rolled into Star Citizen, thus making it just another game mode like Arena Commander and Star Marine. Yeah, it’s hilarious. Especially when you consider that they split it into a separate product earlier this year; no doubt in order to maximize sales, as well as spin it off as its own title; thus justifying a console port, as well as DLC (episodic content etc).

To be honest, as a developer, and given the structure of the what they’ve built so far, I think making it a game mode and accessible via the Star Citizen menu, is probably a good call. Though it is mission based single-player, but originally billed to support co-op (which requires networking support), it makes sense. In fact, doing that could also enable them to bring back co-op play. But that would require revisions to the missions of course. And if nothing else, it would be consistent with the other game modules (hangar, persistent universe, star marine, arena commander).

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Space Crabs posted:

This line of thinking has been in play since at least January 8th.

TheAgent posted:

hello

• backers will be able to "early access" (alpha test) the sqlude
  • this will be considered the "preview" release version (mvp I guess)
  • this will also count as the first episode
  • in order to alpha test other episodes/content, backers will have to pay
  • SQ42 is "tied deeply" into SC techwise/network
  • currently no plans for completely offline play
  • ships, skins and other cash shop items cross over game modes
  • "original vision" (internally called OV or CV?) candidate sometime in 2019 with promised sq42 feature list

and in wtf news

quote:

SQ42 is cancelled. It has become a series of single player missions folded directly into Star Citizen. This acts as the tutorial and early character creation. Any other news about Squadron 42 is fake or uninformed. This change has been considered since late-2015 and the final decision was made mid-2016.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

So Scamitard3 is basically saying that not wanting to be scammed is worse than (beneath even) adults who gently caress children.

I hope this guy meets his end at the hands of someone equally unpleasant as himself, and I also hope the attacker is allergic to latex and has a cock like a gorilla's arm. :)

What a complete and utter bellend you are Scimitar3, please attend a parents evening at a school very soon, you stupid oval office. :)

I'm angry today.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Lethality or that dam in California, which breaks first?

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chunjee posted:

This line of thinking has been in play since at least January 8th.

yeah so theagent and eightace said it and now derek is crowing from the rooftops about how he was the one that said it all along, got it.

I'm sure at some point in the last 4 years i predicted this too, because this poo poo has gone on so long everyone has predicted everything at this point, it's like a TV IV thread where a character reveal happens after a 1 year break in the show and goons scramble over themselves to dig through the thousands of speculation posts to prove they were the ones to have called it.

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate
Hahahaha

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15707-V-Day-Sale-Love-Is-In-The-Air-and-Space

quote:

This Valentine’s Day, we’ve got love and rockets! What better time to introduce that special someone to the wonders of Star Citizen? To that end, we’ve created a special offer that focuses on ships that let you take on the galaxy together. From the stylish 85x runabout (perfect for a romantic evening watching the traffic at Port Olisar) to the massive Starfarer Gemini tanker (room for the whole family… and then some!), we have multi-crew ships for every occasion — plus special discounts on two-packs!

Not quite ready to commit? We’re also giving you (and your loved ones) the opportunity to try Star Citizen for free! Just click HERE, use the code SHARETHELOVE and you’ll receive access to a multi-crew Constellation Andromeda to test fly through Sunday, February 20th. Ready to bring a friend to Arena Commander, Star Marine, Crusader and beyond? A limited number of discount starter packages are also available below. Sale runs through February 28, 2017 or while supplies last.

quote:

Thinking about getting serious? Nothing says ‘I care’ like the rugged Aegis Vanguard deep space fighter, a favorite among long range mercenary pilots and well-armed explorers alike. With firepower and the ability to get you and your co-pilot out of the most dangerous situations, the twin-boom Vanguard design is a favorite from Earth to the frontier.

By popular request, we are also making available the Battlefield Upgrade Kits (BUKs) for the Vanguard line, which allow captains to swap between variants on a single chassis. Please note that these upgrades are not available in the current alpha build of Star Citizen; their functionality will be added in a future patch.

I can't stop hahahaha

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo. That takes some loving gall.

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

What is the joke here?

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

TheAgent posted:

prob ps4, easier to do the drop in drop out coop on there for me

I may pick it up on ps4.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Baxta posted:

Hahahaha

I can't stop hahahaha

gently caress sakes.

They are truely making an art form out of being so poo poo and yet so brazen with it. Unfuckingbelievable. :doh:

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

hahahaha

Flarpy posted:

What is the joke here?

"Answer the call" was a tag line for SQ42 marketing

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
V-Day Sale: Love is in the Air (and Space)

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

:gary: :love: :yarg:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

How many Star Citizen dollars do I get for 1 real dollar?

drat the ship prices will never stop making me lol

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

"Limited number of discount starter packages". For digital goods.

"While supplies last." For digital goods.

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

You get a discount if you buy two right now though. 2 vanguards would normally cost you 500 dollars but because its valentines day, the sale gives you two for 450.

Not even joking.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

I love the unrounded numbers, ahh yes $408, that's how much it costs yup

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

:same: looking at those pages was staggering, I had forgotten how much actual real human money they want for this poo poo.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Limited stock of digital items will also never stop being funny.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Gotta clear out the jpeg warehouse to make room for the new stock, all jpegs must go go goooooo

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Shitehawk season is open again then.

How do people look at those prices and think "hmm, this is a good deal and totally legit" even with the *not available in any way but we'll sell the cunts anyway* BUK's parading at the bottom of the screen with price tags attached.

Seriously, gently caress that company and it's shitehawk scammy sales.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sabreseven posted:

gently caress sakes.

They are truely making an art form out of being so poo poo and yet so brazen with it. Unfuckingbelievable. :doh:

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Am I reading this right?

They've taken in more than $6,000 in the past two hours?

They take in $25,000-$50,000/DAY?

$900,000 is a LOW month?

They took in $7,750,000 in November 2016?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

doingitwrong posted:

Am I reading this right?

$900,000 is a LOW month?

Welcome to the Verse.

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

The Titanic posted:

Elite Dangerous is over 2 years old, with 2 complete DLC and at least one more on the way.

At what point do you stop caring that people may not be buying a game; or that most people who were going to buy it probably already did >3 years ago when it was also in alpha/beta?

This is like being afraid that the release of Horizons: New Dawn might take players away from playing Skyrim, and all the people playing Skyrim right now are fearful of this fact.

The peak ED purchase window is long gone, friends. It's all Steam sales and squeezing out the last drops of money from DLC before putting the whole mess in maintenance mode until the number of players playing it can warrant a shutdown.

Unfortunately for Star Citizen they're already in maintenance mode, and already barely have enough concurrent players to warrant any kind of server support. So I guess this is a sore subject. Maybe someday Star Citizen can go beyond the numbers that Farming Simulator 2015 brings in. But maybe not. :jerry:

Maybe, but there was a spike in sales after NMS released and FDEV has a PS4 release coming in a couple months. If space legs does come with 3.0 along with atmospheric landings...then I think they'll get some more fresh blood as those are two major features some have been holding off on.

Additionally FDEV has planet coaster and planet safari on the way. They aren't a one trick pony.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

doingitwrong posted:

Am I reading this right?

$900,000 is a LOW month?

Well, that's what they *say* they're getting but there is no proof of it. Not that I doubt it.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 14, 2017

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
Ugh, CIG are a loving disgrace.

No Sq42 update, no word on when there will be a Sq42 update.

No 3.0 update, no word on when there will be a 3.0 update.

Ship sale? Of course there loving is!

Lets just repeat for the billionth time, anyone still giving CIG money at this point is monumentally loving stupid.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Did they raise the price of nothing? I'm 99.9% sure that used to be 5 bucks.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

inflation

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

D_Smart posted:

Jan 12, 2017, in the SQUADRON 42. STILL MIA section.

http://dereksmart.com/forums/topic/sc-scoop/#post-5174

where are they at with the cash reserves. That is the crucial questions. It seems like they dont have a lot left and the mo-cap has burned a lot of it.
If that is the case - how long can CR hold out then? I am surprised he limped this far but the whales keep funding the furnace.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Wrecked Angle posted:

Ugh, CIG are a loving disgrace.

No Sq42 update, no word on when there will be a Sq42 update.

No 3.0 update, no word on when there will be a 3.0 update.

Ship sale? Of course there loving is!

Lets just repeat for the billionth time, anyone still giving CIG money at this point is monumentally loving stupid.

well we are getting to the point of shut up and give me money or the game gets it arent we? Which is hilarious since he is the savior of PC gaming and is now threatening to kill the dream.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

spacetoaster posted:

Stay strong commando.

Pretty sure this is Danish Vikings. Or Alt-Vikings as they like to be called.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

same here, maybe stocks are low?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Well, it takes resources to produce those digital goods, even the nothing. Plus inflation and increases to the galactic minimum wage.