Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Lol @ bungie

*Hungering Blade changes were also inadvertently applied to the following Perks, for more information check this post
Transfusion (Striker Titan)
Cauterize (Sunbreaker Titan)
Lifesteal (Voidwalker Warlock)
Red Death Perk
Suros Legacy Perk (Suros Regime)
No Backup Plans
Ward of Dawn cast
The Ram
Apotheosis Veil
Embrace the Void (Voidwalker Warlock)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

texaholic posted:

Lol @ bungie

*Hungering Blade changes were also inadvertently applied to the following Perks, for more information check this post
Red Death Perk
No Backup Plans
Ward of Dawn cast
The Ram
Apotheosis Veil

:laffo:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
"skorris is fine, guys" a Bungie employ tyool 2017

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

They need at least 6 months of data showing 99% of players using it before they consider addressing a problem. The skorri hype train is still pretty young.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

texaholic posted:

Lol @ bungie

Now I'm especially glad I stumbled upon tier 12 on my voidwalker build. :getin:

Edit: Wait, I can't tell if it's good or bad actually. Probably bad. :smith:

yamdankee fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Feb 14, 2017

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Bravo.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

yamdankee posted:

Now I'm especially glad I stumbled upon tier 12 on my voidwalker build. :getin:

Edit: Wait, I can't tell if it's good or bad actually. Probably bad. :smith:

It's very bad. And then their BS about "oh, we just want to wait and see what happens!" pretty much just translates to "We can't be assed to fix our mistake and we're just going to hope that if we ignore the problem long enough people will stop complaining about it."

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
I don't understand the changes to hungering blade and how they affect the other subclasses...

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
I always figured the whole "Live Team is just Bungie's interns" thing was a joke but now I'm not so sure.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

yamdankee posted:

I don't understand the changes to hungering blade and how they affect the other subclasses...

Old hungering blade charged the blade dancer's health to full on every kill. Now it does what the patch notes say, which is an overall nerf to its effectiveness.

So now anything that triggers health regen is nerfed.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
^^^ So my precious The Ram and Lifesteal won't actually regen a shield, just health? And they didn't mean to do this? Wow! That's pretty terrible...

So what I gather is that we're all going to be using hand cannons and sidearms in crucible now? I'm fine with HC, but hate sidearms.

yamdankee fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Feb 14, 2017

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Not necessarily, slow pulses and auto rifles got boosted quite a bit.

Scouts with HCR should be fun too if you like making people mad at you.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

yamdankee posted:

Hungering blade used to auto-refill your health to max when you got a kill using bladedancer. The patch changes it to instead only restore a small chunk of health instead. Bungie in their complete incompetency accidentally stuck that effect onto other life-restoring abilities.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

xzzy posted:

Not necessarily, slow pulses and auto rifles got boosted quite a bit.

Scouts with HCR should be fun too if you like making people mad at you.

It's Boolean Gemini's time to shine.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Is hopscotch pilgrim (my favorite pulse) considered a low RoF pulse? What's the threshold to figure that out?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hopscotch is in the 66 rof archetype, so yes it got better.

It's a bad gun though.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Really? I had no idea. Its been my go to gun if not a hand cannons for a long time now. If I'm doing well with this, what gun/roll do you think I'd really thrive with?

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Hopscotch is a medium-RoF pulse like Nirwen's. The low/heavy pulses are stuff like Messenger, Spare Change, and Parthian Shot.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

yamdankee posted:

^^^ So my precious The Ram and Lifesteal won't actually regen a shield, just health? And they didn't mean to do this? Wow! That's pretty terrible...

Guess its time to finally switch to shocklock. I like my blinking high armor ramlock. Surviving a shoulder charge, then quickly killing the titan was the best.

I never got ophidians (F U RNG), but it sounds like they got nerfed as well.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The Bungie.net forums post about the health regen regression has this little bit tucked away at the end:

Josh Hamrick, sandbox dude posted:

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a 1st date with a potential Skorri fix…

That should've been surfaced in the main update. Lame.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

One might say that bladedancer got....... gutted.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I'm not usually quick to complain about Bungie screwing stuff up but that's hilarious.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
They go through all this effort to try to balance things, to try to encourage people to use a wider variety of weapons, armor, etc. But they break things so hard that they exacerbate the issue! The hungering blade screw up affected such a huge chunk of other subclasses and gear that people are just going to migrate to do different flavor of garbage. :bungie: has never been more apt.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I dont like the armor nerf because breaking break points with a max armor titan and using it to get a one tap from hand canon, punch to proc transfusion was pro as hell in the shotgun and before that, shoulder charge meta was pro tier.

But its still funny as hell to see blade dancers and shotgun mains crying their eyes out.

Should make things more interesting.

Am i to read as "special ammo is wiped" as no special at the beginning of any round in elimination other than round 1?
It'll increase a bit of camping but thats kind of cool.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

BlindSite posted:

before that, shoulder charge meta was pro tier.

But its still funny as hell to see blade dancers and shotgun mains crying their eyes out.

Should make things more interesting.

Shoulder charge is buffed to kill all armor targets, there's gonna be a lot less shotguns around, :getin:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

texaholic posted:

Lol @ bungie

Red Death Perk
No Backup Plans
Ward of Dawn cast
The Ram
Apotheosis Veil

Chaos reigns

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

quote:

Stormcaller's Thunderstrike melee range reduced to be consistent with other Warlock Subclasses
Amplitude will continue to grant small range boost to new base range
Still a great patch

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

cvnvcnv posted:

Oh, and banking up ammo with a sidearm then dying does nothing. Because you spawn with ammo, you keep all of it.

So it doesn't reset to 18 if you die with more than that?

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

If increased armor (over 10) reduces health, is there a reason to ever run high armor? Build to 10 using armor boosts, then give extra points to agility and recovery?

Am I missing something?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I mean you might still get more armor past 10 but not as much as before. Once nerds break it down to exact numbers it'll be easier to know what's up.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Last_Taste posted:

If increased armor (over 10) reduces health, is there a reason to ever run high armor? Build to 10 using armor boosts, then give extra points to agility and recovery?

Am I missing something?

It depends on what they actually did and someone's gonna have to test it. I forget the breakpoints but 11 or 12 armor let people survive sticks and shoulder charge with a sliver of health, so yeah, you probably won't survive those anymore so 10 armor is "enough."

But someone's gonna have to test it first to find out exactly what they did.. give the reddit spergs a couple days to sort it.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

actionjackson posted:

So it doesn't reset to 18 if you die with more than that?

Lol nope. I'm respawning with 122 or some poo poo in my Crow's Eye. Mad Sidekick medals already today.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I asked about shoulder charge. If there's no armor level that can survive it it becomes a stronger option. Especially with less shotgun ammo around.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
How's The Messenger doing?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BlindSite posted:

But its still funny as hell to see blade dancers and shotgun mains crying their eyes out
3.67 avg K/D in my seven post-patch games today. Not happy about the Bladedancer buttfucking but no tears shed yet :unsmith: Also helps having MIDA equipped to combat the Quickdraw nerf.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lmao you keep all sidearm ammo?

Bungie is retarded and whoever convinced MS to let them keep their halo shootman feel code is the real and only MVP

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

This is a bold new world Bungie has created for us. Not the world we wanted or the world we expected, but there's a NEW META out there to find and exploit!

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
So striker titan with shoulder charge, 10 armor only and fiddle with everything else, HCR scout, sidearm. Am I ready to win?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
For fucks sake leave Blink alone! Christ on a cracker

• Locked thread