Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I'm amused by the discourse imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Grapplejack posted:

You can finally date the Christmas cake. No gay dates tho, which is surprising and disappointing after 4.

Christmas cake? Is it anything like the Hell Cake?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
DO NOT ENGAGE THE LUMPY

I REPEAT, DO NOT ENGAGE

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE
I like how everyone knows exactly what he's trying to imply but he won't say it lol

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

MMF Freeway posted:

One of the many great QoL features in the 3ds version

Normally when I double dip on a remaster or a re release of an old game, it tends to bank on either nostaglia or improvements.

3DS DQ8 has spoiled me.

When I got random encounters with the boat, I went ah random battles oh I do not miss them. Everything else is top notch though.

Also Dhoulmagus is a pretty hard boss so yeah I would say be around.. level 28 to take him on and even then he still be a pain in the rear end.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Problem Sleuth posted:

I like how everyone knows exactly what he's trying to imply but he won't say it lol

If you're implying that I'm implying that there's a massive double standard, the implication is correct.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

What makes 'jokes' about black and Hispanic people (two groups with an immense and heavy history of violent discrimination in the United States that continues to this very day, and who, generally, live in immense poverty compared to the majority of the country, and who are at risk of losing a lot of hard-fought rights in coming years) acceptable, but saying anything about Jews, the wealthiest, safest and- dare I say it?- most privileged minority group in the entire western world, is a grave offense that must be immediately dealt with?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Shindragon posted:

Normally when I double dip on a remaster or a re release of an old game, it tends to bank on either nostaglia or improvements.

3DS DQ8 has spoiled me.

When I got random encounters with the boat, I went ah random battles oh I do not miss them. Everything else is top notch though.

Also Dhoulmagus is a pretty hard boss so yeah I would say be around.. level 28 to take him on and even then he still be a pain in the rear end.

It's actually the first time in the game I've had to do any grinding at all so that's pretty good- lack of random encounters has probably allowed me to skip more fights than I would have otherwise and led to me being a little underleveled.

Whenever I see a monster I haven't fought I go after it so I can read the little description in the battle record. Those are fun- gives the palette-swapped monster designs a little more life via flavortext.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lumpy the Cook posted:

What makes 'jokes' about black and Hispanic people (two groups with an immense and heavy history of violent discrimination in the United States that continues to this very day, and who, generally, live in immense poverty compared to the majority of the country, and who are at risk of losing a lot of hard-fought rights in coming years) acceptable, but saying anything about Jews, the wealthiest, safest and- dare I say it?- most privileged minority group in the entire western world, is a grave offense that must be immediately dealt with?

I mean I could quote myself again but it's clear you're incapable of accepting an argument that goes against your preconceived notions about a (((certain minority))) and would rather masturbate about how correct you are that Pew would get no gruff for holding a sign that says "I LOVE RAPE".

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

What makes 'jokes' about black and Hispanic people (two groups with an immense and heavy history of violent discrimination in the United States that continues to this very day, and who, generally, live in immense poverty compared to the majority of the country, and who are at risk of losing a lot of hard-fought rights in coming years) acceptable

Here's a hint: those aren't good either

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Hm, yes, please go on about the Jews, Lumpy the Cook.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

What is (((this))) thing you guys are doing? Is it a Games forum injoke or something?

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Ok Google, can you hear me if I talk (((like this)))

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

If you wanna show the jokes about the blacks and hispanics that we should be equally offended about, you go right ahead so we can spread the righteous indignation to all creeds and colors or whatever, but making this into "huh Jews don't have to take this poo poo, isn't that weeeeeird" is a pretty fuckin' stupid tack to take

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806778&userid=172204

Lumpy please chill and smoke some weed or something you bitter weirdo

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

If that sign had said 'I LOVE RAPE!!' nothing would have happened to him.

That's a patently absurd claim. I'm not about to say that we live in a society with anything close to equality or true justice, but coming in here trying to say that the only reason Pewdiepie got punished this time is because he targeted Jews is insane to me and smacks of "Jewish conspiracy" nonsense.

People definitely called Pewdiepie out on his rape jokes and racist jokes back when he was getting his start. It's why he stopped doing them a couple years ago and released an (apparently insincere) apology video. If he was still making all his videos based entirely on running around screaming about rape, I don't think YouTube would've been foregrounding him so much in the YouTube Red ads, or that Disney would have contracted him for anything.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lumpy the Cook posted:

What is (((this))) thing you guys are doing? Is it a Games forum injoke or something?

Nazi Twitter code for Jewish.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Monkey Fracas posted:

lack of random encounters has probably allowed me to skip more fights than I would

I've been doing that so much in this game. Just been like nope don't wanna fight you.

I get by doing psyche ups throughout boss battles. Yangus is my heavy hitter. It's a shame they nerf'd the whips. Eight/Jess/Yangus use to be my phsyical heavy hitters. Still her Staff magic is still drat useful.

So far i"ve only gone out of my way to fight for the camera codex because EVEN I didn't know there were special monsters in the game after defeating a certaint type 30 times, etc.

Also the Camera feature is great. Warms my heart in the group photo that Eight and Yangus can do a special pose of them being bros.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lobok posted:

Nazi Twitter code for Jewish.

Oh. Well, I'm sorry I'm not very knowledgeable about white supremacist online lingo, but... It's cool that you guys are? Somehow?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nice chat about games all.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh. Well, I'm sorry I'm not very knowledgeable about white supremacist online lingo, but... It's cool that you guys are? Somehow?

:jerkbag:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

In Training posted:

Nice chat about games all.

Sometimes it's cool to put stuff on hold and let someone set themselves on fire for your amusement, there will be infinity more time to talk about games.

edit: If you really want to though, I bought Peggle 2 on PS4 because I can't get out of bed and it's fun. I'm glad this one includes the option of replaying levels on a level-by-level basis which peggle 1 as far as I can remember did not do. Even though that is a super obvious design decision.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Okay I should post about video games, I'm sorry everyone.

I'm towards the end of Nioh's first playthrough and it's really good but I'm starting to feel the lack of enemy variety. It's a real drag on the game's fun and it really needed five or six more enemy types to spice up the late game.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Haha, cool good faith argument tactic, where you try to imply the people who disagree with you are, in fact, bad because they happen to know a thing about something that is bad.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Defending Jews is perfectly fine. It's just strange that they don't seem very invested in defending any other group, though.

reddit is that way --->

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Yes, Lumpy The Cook, I am aware of white supremacist online lingo. I assume by your incredulous tone you are only aware of things done by groups you agree with which means you must be remarkably ignorant and narrowminded and miss issues far more pressing and critical than online man is a bad. That is sad for you.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

ImpAtom posted:

Yes, Lumpy The Cook, I am aware of white supremacist online lingo. I assume by your incredulous tone you are only aware of things done by groups you agree with which means you must be remarkably ignorant and narrowminded and miss issues far more pressing and critical than online man is a bad. That is sad for you.

:drat:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

It really is weird and unhealthy to focus so much on groups you (purportedly) dislike online, but then again this site has a dedicated Star Citizen hate subforum sooo...

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It really is weird and unhealthy to focus so much on groups you (purportedly) dislike online, but then again this site has a dedicated Star Citizen hate subforum sooo...

Okay, two things:

1. Knowing something about something doesn't mean you're focusing on it. For example, knowing how hate groups operate online is helpful in fighting them.

2. Try to remember context in your assessment of why this particular stunt got Pewdiepie fired and not the offensive jokes he made several years ago and has since stopped making in his usual videos. That very likely has more to do with why this particular stunt got him fired than which group he targeted. Unless you can find examples of Disney not firing people for offensive jokes about other groups or about rape, I think that reaching any further than "Disney cares more about what he does now, while he represents them, than what he did a few years before they hired him" is tough to do.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Man today can eat a dick. Nothing worse than going through phone interviews/ on site interviews and then getting jack squat on the gig.

I hate looking for QA jobs. Just.. blah.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The (((Jewish))) tags were widely disseminated by mainstream Twitter users both as a way to disrupt the code, reveal what this particular cesspool subgroup of Twitter was up to, and to stand in solidarity. A lot of non-Jewish people were willingly putting their own handles in the triple brackets as a kind of "I am Spartacus" move and general gently caress you to Nazi scum.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shindragon posted:

Man today can eat a dick. Nothing worse than going through phone interviews/ on site interviews and then getting jack squat on the gig.

Job hunting is the worst no matter what job you're looking for.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ImpAtom posted:

Job hunting is the worst no matter what job you're looking for.

I haven't tried other fields but are they just as bad at responding? LIke I've done QA for quite a bit (passion at this point) but one thing I never liked about the industry is how notriously SLOW they are at responding to applications. (like taking a month to six months to respond)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Mass Effect 2 is free right now on Origin (ewwwww) if you're one of the two people that's never played it (or like me you want to play it on PC for a change)

Of course it only comes with Zaeed, you'll have to pay like a total of $10 to get Kasumi and the weapon packs if you want them

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mass effect 2 is fun except for the gameplay 😵

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mass Effect Andromeda literally comes out next month and there's almost zero hype for it, we know almost nothing about what it is, except you can date a cat alien thing in it and the combat has becomes a cross between Mass Effect 2 and Vanquish-Lite

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

MinibarMatchman posted:

Mass Effect Andromeda literally comes out next month and there's almost zero hype for it, we know almost nothing about what it is, except you can date a cat alien thing in it and the combat has becomes a cross between Mass Effect 2 and Vanquish-Lite

I'm really curious to see how it does and whether or not the Mass Effect 3 furor really did end up destroying all goodwill for the series.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I hated the ending of mass effect 3 but I still really like the series and even enjoyed 3 quite a bit overall. That said, Andromeda has not shown itself to be even a little interesting in the ways the original games were. I'm of the opinion that any decent writers at bioware left a long time ago.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Shindragon posted:

Send in QA reports of how the interview went. Make them self conscious/show them how observant you are.

Captain Invictus posted:

"TO VICTORY!"
/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Has anybody said Jewdiepie yet, I feel like there's some laughs to be had there

• Locked thread