Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Gibbering Madness posted:

The real question is, what are TTEs like in a post BUE world? People hungrier that ever now? Or are people having trouble chewing fast due to teeth pain linked to how sweet this game is now?
The chewing rework means you're only able to take a bite once every 3 seconds, but don't worry---this is opening up bold new flavor options for the cooks now that they know you HAVE TO taste it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

The chewing rework means you're only able to take a bite once every 3 seconds, but don't worry---this is opening up bold new flavor options for the cooks now that they know you HAVE TO taste it.

Too bad no new food has been invented since 2015

Loten
Dec 8, 2005

Jusupov posted:

Recommending Loten for new SG leader

Do it.

Any pro tips for cosmicing? Just keep plowing through the story? I've been doing LQs and the odd X-Defense but what do you guys normally do?

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Loten posted:

Do it.

Any pro tips for cosmicing? Just keep plowing through the story? I've been doing LQs and the odd X-Defense but what do you guys normally do?

Buy a back brace to help avoid spinal damage.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Loten posted:

Do it.

Drink heavily

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

First, download like 40 hours of podcasts.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Loten posted:

Do it.

What 95% of the people here "normally did" was take a bunch of boxes to a spot and open them for an hour straight and get to cosmic in said hour.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Yeah but it took like 6 hours to farm the boxes bro.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Holyshoot posted:

What 95% of the people here "normally did" was take a bunch of boxes to a spot and open them for an hour straight and get to cosmic in said hour.

Even then you would only get to like 20 or 30 if you spent hours farming. You still have to grind LQs.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
people like ICR basically never truly cosmic'ed any hero because they just ate XP boosts until they leveled as fast as any new lvl1 fresh account hero.

There, I said it.
ICR is not a real yellowman.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It took like 7 hours standing in chapter 9 at ~400-500% boost. I imagine it would take like 20+ doing LQs if you really want to because you find them more interesting or whatever.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

BabyFur Denny posted:

people like ICR basically never truly cosmic'ed any hero because they just ate XP boosts until they leveled as fast as any new lvl1 fresh account hero.

There, I said it.

RIP you. Been nice knowing you in groot force.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

One time I cosmiced Colossus with no boosts, it wasn't too bad.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
The last few cosmics i did took about four hours, xp bonuses and boosts out the wazoo were had.

dblankenship81
Mar 1, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

I guess you haven't seen the movies which are the highest of canons and shape the very foundation of marvel games.

According to my old VHS tapes, Gladiators TTK will be < 10 seconds then!

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
What artifacts should I be putting on Thing now that everything is different?

Currently rolling with GOK/SWGN/AdvCirclet/Tanya's Love Letter

What should I be obsessively grinding to no return to not needing to log in anymore?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

sounds like a decent set there, WSJ/Duke's could go over the tanya letter if you wanted

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

punchymcpunch posted:

One time I cosmiced Colossus with no boosts, it wasn't too bad.

I did my cosmic for jean without any boosts (besides the default 210%), but that was before her rework when she had all those passive/on dash damage auras and all I had to do was blindly right click my mouse while watching netflix. It was slow... Probably well over 20 hours over a couple of weeks(totally wild guess there), but it wasn't excruciating because it required so little effort.

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf

Ciaphas posted:

Now comes my usual question for things like this, what's the 'right' way to play him (and other characters for that matter) I'm only level 13 but I've got like a half dozen powers that are variations on 'burn fuckers at range' and I don't really know what to use. (I mean, yes, everything works while leveling, sure, I know)

There's a few good rules of thumb for spending points/item budget in ARPGs that have helped me (before specialized end-game min-maxing)

Overall, damage is king for everything, because it ends fights... but while levelling, the game expects your stats to be all over the place due to bad drops or knowledge, so you can almost always go for fun specs without much fear of hitting a wall.

That being said, anything that increases your damage less then 10-20% can probably be passed over for something else (making something move or cooldown faster, or something else last longer) while levelling. You can treat most survivability the same way (skip 3% more dodge, but prioritize 15% more hp).

Related to that, keep an eye on the actual difference skills make to your stats (20% of your low level stats is worthless poo poo, but can be great when geared), and never take anything that won't make a difference you can perceive. But don't be afraid to respec in 10 levels to take advantage of something now useful with those ~10 points to dump in it (ideally dropping a few other things a nearly imperceptible amount)

If multiple skills still seem like different flavors of the same scaling, look at their cooldowns and how many you can spam continuously. Then put about 50% of your points* in a primary skill for an alpha strike, with the rest of your extra points split between the other skills in your attack rotation.

*Split like this if all the skills have similar scaling, otherwise spend points on whatever increases by the highest % per point (increasing one skill from 500->600 damage is rarely as nice as increasing another in your rotation from 200->300 - partially because it usually means the lower skill probably will scale better).

Also, almost always prioritize spending points to unlock new utility like a movement skill or self heal if you don't have them - but don't grab more then you will actually use

(Ergh I need to re-install, been too long)

RubberBands Hurt fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Feb 14, 2017

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Strange Matter posted:

What artifacts should I be putting on Thing now that everything is different?

Currently rolling with GOK/SWGN/AdvCirclet/Tanya's Love Letter

What should I be obsessively grinding to no return to not needing to log in anymore?

I've been like Crossbones as well.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:

BabyFur Denny posted:

There, I said it.

This game is pay to...win? There is no winning in this game so that doesn't make sense either. It's just pay to piss really.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Can anyone thing of a way to generate some extra Hard Knocks? Would DoTs from procs work?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

RubberBands Hurt posted:

There's a few good rules of thumb for spending points/item budget in ARPGs that have helped me (before specialized end-game min-maxing)

Overall, damage is king for everything, because it ends fights... but while levelling, the game expects your stats to be all over the place due to bad drops or knowledge, so you can almost always go for fun specs without much fear of hitting a wall.

That being said, anything that increases your damage less then 10-20% can probably be passed over for something else (making something move or cooldown faster, or something else last longer) while levelling. You can treat most survivability the same way (skip 3% more dodge, but prioritize 15% more hp).

Related to that, keep an eye on the actual difference skills make to your stats (20% of your low level stats is worthless poo poo, but can be great when geared), and never take anything that won't make a difference you can perceive. But don't be afraid to respec in 10 levels to take advantage of something now useful with those ~10 points to dump in it (ideally dropping a few other things a nearly imperceptible amount)

If multiple skills still seem like different flavors of the same scaling, look at their cooldowns and how many you can spam continuously. Then put about 50% of your points* in a primary skill for an alpha strike, with the rest of your extra points split between the other skills in your attack rotation.

*Split like this if all the skills have similar scaling, otherwise spend points on whatever increases by the highest % per point (increasing one skill from 500->600 damage is rarely as nice as increasing another in your rotation from 200->300 - partially because it usually means the lower skill probably will scale better).

Also, almost always prioritize spending points to unlock new utility like a movement skill or self heal if you don't have them - but don't grab more then you will actually use

(Ergh I need to re-install, been too long)

This isn't bad general advice but uh skill points no longer exist

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Toshimo posted:

Can anyone thing of a way to generate some extra Hard Knocks? Would DoTs from procs work?
I've pretty consistently stayed in Clobbering Time for the duration of most boss waves in CMMT, so I'm not sure if this is really that much of a problem, is it?

Also Slab of Subterranea is suuuuper tempting for Thing.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

BabyFur Denny posted:

There, I said it.

That's it. You're doxxed.

Baby fur Denny lives in Upper Greenland and is a penguin killer for a living. He loving taxiderms pengins the sick son of a bitch. Please send hate mail to him at penginkiller69@email.com

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Where's the god drat Summoner update, Obama

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

So THAT's why Club Penguin is shutting down

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Strange Matter posted:

I've pretty consistently stayed in Clobbering Time for the duration of most boss waves in CMMT, so I'm not sure if this is really that much of a problem, is it?

Also Slab of Subterranea is suuuuper tempting for Thing.

I'm trying to do a gimmick thing where I keep resetting the 2 dash cooldowns, so I need to keep pinging the top of the meter.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

That's it. You're doxxed.

Baby fur Denny lives in Upper Greenland and is a penguin killer for a living. He loving taxiderms pengins the sick son of a bitch. Please send hate mail to him at penginkiller69@email.com

mods!!!!!!!!!!!

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Holyshoot posted:

mods!!!!!!!!!!!

The mods ignore everything posted by ICR because they just assume it is some foreign language.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Toshimo posted:

I'm trying to do a gimmick thing where I keep resetting the 2 dash cooldowns, so I need to keep pinging the top of the meter.

all you have to do for that is hit mobs with the crashdown and dash

it's terrible damage though so there's no good build in it

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

all you have to do for that is hit mobs with the crashdown and dash

it's terrible damage though so there's no good build in it

It's enough damage for Norway, I've found.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Apparently I got through the Cosmic trial on Spider-Man. Makes sense, he's my favorite. But, he's also like my weakest dude clearly.

Did they make the cosmic trial harder at some point? I have no idea how I got through it with Spider-Man. He doesn't even break 1k damage on the character screen.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

PureRok posted:

Apparently I got through the Cosmic trial on Spider-Man. Makes sense, he's my favorite. But, he's also like my weakest dude clearly.

Did they make the cosmic trial harder at some point? I have no idea how I got through it with Spider-Man. He doesn't even break 1k damage on the character screen.

They made it easier

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

What you're experiencing is an easier trial but a shittier Spider-Man by all accounts

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

PureRok posted:

Character screen damage is largely cosmetic.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Well, I got through the trials with Spider-Man when the trials were first added, and now I can't get through it with anyone else. That's why I thought they made it harder.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

PureRok posted:

Well, I got through the trials with Spider-Man when the trials were first added, and now I can't get through it with anyone else. That's why I thought they made it harder.

Take your Spider-Man to cosmic patrols, equip a revive or two, and stay safe, collect loot. The problem is self-solving.

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf

Mover posted:

This isn't bad general advice but uh skill points no longer exist

I SAID I NEEDED TO REINSTALL :(

But yeah, when I say points I mean any unit of stats (itemization/etc)

...And then I just started rambling because I've been playing too much Grim Dawn

RubberBands Hurt fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Feb 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Where's the god drat Summoner update, Obama

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/313403/test-center-summoner-changes#latest

AgentVapor posted:

Hey folks,

In today's Test Center build, one of the major changes has to do with how we are changing the base functionality of summoned allies & summoner-based itemization.

The following aspects have changed for all summoned allies:

All summoned allies now transfer their owners offensive stats to themselves for the purposes of scaling. This includes damage rating, critical hit chance and damage, brutal strike chance and damage, etc.

For typed damage bonuses, only the highest of the three stats will be used to increase summoned ally damage (Physical, Mental or Energy). This prevents "feel bad" if your summon does not share the same damage type as the summoner.

A new "Summon" keyword has been created and applied to all pet powers. This exists in itemization now precisely as other keywords, such as Melee, Area, etc. The previous Summoned Ally Damage stat has been removed and replaced with affixes using this keyword (so items will now have "+x damage rating for Summon powers" for example). Summon powers should scale off this keyword only and not off other keyword affixes, such as "damage rating for Melee powers".

No more references to "Summoned Ally Damage" should exist anymore. There is "Base Damage to Summon Powers" in its place on powers & talents, which is basically the same as all other keyworded damage rating/base damage sources you are familiar with.

Powers that previously scaled off Summoned Ally Damage now instead have an affix that treats them as if they had the Summon keyword. This means rather than inheriting say 25% of Summoned Ally Damage as a built in damage bonus, they now inherit 100% of your summon damage rating/base damage (which stacks the usual way with other items). Damage has been re-tuned on many of these powers.

Essentially, in this upcoming patch we will be changing all summoners to scale off normal damage stats rather than Summoned Ally Damage bonuses.

In terms of testing, please check out the Summoner archetype changes and let us know what you think of the new system. Also, keep an eye out for any bugs you may encounter aside from the two notes listed above that are not converted, such as:

Stats being transferred to summoned allies that should not be (keyword bonuses increasing summon damage, for example)

Specific summoned allies that are not scaling correctly off player stats

Item affixes that are not converted to the new system and still using the old "Summoned Ally Damage %" affixes

Strange behavior such as pets triggering procs that they should not be

Thanks everyone!

also: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/313401/test-center-black-bolt-feedback#latest

Black Bolt is on the TC as well