Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Considering the central valley is going to wind up a massive inland sea when the ice caps melt we ought to just run with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Satan take the wheel! At least we can all die knowing everyone is hosed. I hope roaches are the next apex predator.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

Everywhere has its problems but again if we didn't have to lose so much tax money to dickhead states like Kansas we'd have more money to fix our infrastructure.

Besides there's probably dams and bridges all over the country on the verge of collapse, it's not just CA. We're all in this ride to 3rd world status together.

without "dickhead" states like Kansas you coastal elitists wouldn't have enough corn

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Nah we make more food than any other state

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
moridin if you love california so much why don't you gently caress it already?

or at the very least stop constantly bitching about ~MY TAX DOLLARS~ like a senior citizen

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I agrre Moridin! We shouldn't give those wellfare queens states any of our hard earned money!

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

FoolyCharged posted:

I agrre Moridin! We shouldn't give those wellfare queens states any of our hard earned money!

This but unironically because those states consistently vote to gently caress over anyone who would benefit from greater access to healthcare or education

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
in n out is delicious :discourse:

quokkaquokkaquokka
Jul 7, 2012

Chinatown posted:

in n out is delicious :discourse:

this fact is offset by the existence of del taco who gives you fries with your tacos. fries with tacos. wtf west coast.

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005
I lived literally yards away from the Sacramento River from 1995 until last week (near Hamilton City) with no issues other than being stranded out there for a few days in 1997 because the highway was flooded in both directions. I was given an eviction notice in early January by my landlord because he wants to remodel the place so he can sell it. Looking for a new place, I seriously considered a couple of rentals in Oroville, and I would have moved there if I had found the right deal. But I ended up finding a place in Paradise instead, and I'm now glad of it.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Paradise has fires though

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

theworst posted:

this fact is offset by the existence of del taco who gives you fries with your tacos. fries with tacos. wtf west coast.

Deltaco is a national treasure

quokkaquokkaquokka
Jul 7, 2012

PathAsc posted:

Deltaco is a national treasure

but do they have taco shells literally made out of doritos?

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005

Psycho Society posted:

Paradise has fires though

Between fires, floods, and earthquakes, there is a form of natural disaster lying in wait for you wherever you live in California. Here at least I'm safe from floods and (mostly) earthquakes.

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?

Ein cooler Typ posted:

without "dickhead" states like Kansas you coastal elitists wouldn't have enough corn

Lol. Corn is the worst.

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005
"I can make it, I can make it - I can't make it."

Goddamned dipshits driving on closed roads, forcing emergency workers to rescue them. Same place, just a couple of weeks ago.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ein cooler Typ posted:

sure we would lol

also I love how people continually forget that there is a world outside of the USA. The US midwest/great plains are not the only regions that produce corn, if for some reason they disappeared tomorrow.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe without so much state welfare Kansas would pull itself up by the bootstraps and stop electing fuckheads to office that keep running your state even deeper into the gutter because hey someone else will pay for it.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Moridin920 posted:

Maybe without so much state welfare Kansas would pull itself up by the bootstraps and stop electing fuckheads to office that keep running your state even deeper into the gutter because hey someone else will pay for it.

What is your opinion on the Wizard of Oz?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moridin920 posted:

Everywhere has its problems but again if we didn't have to lose so much tax money to dickhead states like Kansas we'd have more money to fix our infrastructure.

Besides there's probably dams and bridges all over the country on the verge of collapse, it's not just CA. We're all in this ride to 3rd world status together.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I smoked a bunch of weed when I was 16/17 and watched it with the sound off while Dark Side of the Rainbow was playing and you know what, it was pretty drat good there for the first half.

everyone always talks poo poo but then when poo poo hits the fan everyone wants CA to save them lol

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

theworst posted:

but do they have taco shells literally made out of doritos?

No, but the fish taco makes up for that

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Getting enough corn here is as easy as going to a swap meet or farmer's market and buying it from a Mexican that grew it in his backyard for beer money and bullshitting about how the next Raiders game will go.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Moridin920 posted:

I smoked a bunch of weed when I was 16/17 and watched it with the sound off while Dark Side of the Rainbow was playing and you know what, it was pretty drat good there for the first half.

everyone always talks poo poo but then when poo poo hits the fan everyone wants CA to save them lol

Did you know the scarecrow has a gun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzCaJwjkNNE

Now you do! :pilot:

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005
Lots of incredibly stupid poo poo being posted on the Enterprise Record's live feed about the dam: http://www.chicoer.com/general-news/20170209/live-updates-latest-on-oroville-spillway-damage-and-water-releases

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moridin920 posted:

California has always been full of assholes

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

EorayMel posted:

Did you know the scarecrow has a gun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzCaJwjkNNE

Now you do! :pilot:

lol he shoulda kept that poo poo

Guy Goodbody posted:

California has always been full of assholes

Maybe but that sign is a result of IDIOTS IN THE MIDDLE STATES loving up their farm land so bad they caused a huge ecological disaster then they all tried to go to CA to get work

'haha look how bad CA is, everyone is fleeing there after being so bad at farming they caused a major ecological disaster!'

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 14, 2017

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Moridin920 posted:

sure we would lol

also I love how people continually forget that there is a world outside of the USA. The US midwest/great plains are not the only regions that produce corn, if for some reason they disappeared tomorrow.

This is why I would not miss coastal CA. There is more to the earth than the loons on the coast.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it's called CROP ROTATION numb nuts, that poo poo is in like Age of Empires 2 ffs as a bronze age tech or something

quote:

"Once the winds began picking up dust from the open fields, they grew into dust storms of biblical proportions. Each year the storms grew more ferocious and more frequent, sweeping up millions of tons of earth, covering farms and homes across the Plains with sand, and spreading the dust across the country. Children developed often fatal 'dust pneumonia,' business owners unable to cope with the financial ruin committed suicide, and thousands of desperate Americans were torn from their homes and forced on the road in an exodus unlike anything the United States has ever seen."

goddamn you people have always been a blight on this country

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moridin920 posted:

Maybe but that sign is a result of IDIOTS IN THE MIDDLE STATES loving up their farm land so bad they caused a huge ecological disaster then they all tried to go to CA to get work

lol you dumb rear end in a top hat. The dust bowl was caused by farming practices supported by the Federal government

I would loving love to see California secede, just because of how great it would be to see your state conquered and occupied by soldiers from all the other states you hate so much.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

lol you dumb rear end in a top hat. The dust bowl was caused by farming practices supported by the Federal government

So again how is that an argument that CA sucks?

stop electing moron fuckheads as your representatives maybe

or you know, don't, keep electing people who ram you up the rear end while you fantasize about liberals getting cucked and soldiers invading California. It hasn't worked for 100 years but by god lol eventually you might get lucky.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Guy Goodbody posted:

I would loving love to see California secede, just because of how great it would be to see your state conquered and occupied by soldiers from all the other states you hate so much.

the same federal government that created california through extensive government support of military installations, the energy industry, and fat military contracts for aerospace???????? after the us government declared an illegal war on mexico to sieze mexican land in california and open it to white settlers???

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moridin920 posted:

or you know, don't, keep electing people who ram you up the rear end while you fantasize about liberals getting cucked and soldiers invading California. It hasn't worked for 100 years but by god lol eventually you might get lucky.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Moridin920 posted:

did u know republicans freed the slaves and democrats were the confederates

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

haha dumbass firefighters, there aint no fire for them to fight. what are they gunna do fight water with water? lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

boner confessor posted:

the same federal government that created california through extensive government support of military installations, the energy industry, and fat military contracts for aerospace????????

lmao you people will just latch onto anything as evidence that CA sucks while your state fellates rich people and cuts education

stop taking our tax money if we suck so much then

boner confessor posted:

did u know republicans freed the slaves and democrats were the confederates

did you know CA revolted and joined the USA on its own rather than having to be 'liberated' or whatever the gently caress like Texas did? did you know that we made slavery illegal in our constitution as the bear flag republic?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Moridin920 posted:

lmao you people will just latch onto anything as evidence that CA sucks while your state fellates rich people and cuts education

stop taking our tax money if we suck so much then

california is definitely on the Not Cool list now that i know you live there

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Most of the people in Cali are loving cool as poo poo though. Is it guillotine time yet? There's really only one group of shitlords loving this up for all of us.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

boner confessor posted:

california is definitely on the Not Cool list now that i know you live there

dumbos screaming about how CA sucks while their poo poo is in shambles around them while they take our tax money is getting hella old

come chill and have a burrito and some beer and weed, stop trying to say we're the shittiest state when you know that's just you being jelly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
GBS regulars, please explain this guy

• Locked thread