Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Moridin920 posted:

dumbos screaming about how CA sucks while their poo poo is in shambles around them while they take our tax money is getting hella old

come chill and have a burrito and some beer and weed, stop trying to say we're the shittiest state when you know that's just you being jelly

It's a great state. Unfortunately people like you live there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think if you come here and start laughing about how CA sucks because of that dam situation you'll not find very many amenable people in general, esp considering we bleed away federal tax money like a mofo to fund places like Kansas. Funny how that works.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

boner confessor posted:

GBS regulars, please explain this guy

some posters that are too retarded for even D&D spend their time arguing politics in GBS

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I like how you've all just gone to ad hominem because you ain't got legit arguments against :ca:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If you find you need to constantly defend your state from people online then your state probably sucks, at least when people tell me my state sucks I just go "Yeah."

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

a bone to pick posted:

some posters that are too retarded for even D&D spend their time arguing politics in GBS

oh wait i remember this guy getting run out of d&d and getting mad about it lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

If you find you need to constantly defend your state from people online then your state probably sucks, at least when people tell me my state sucks I just go "Yeah."

Buncha haters in the middle states doesn't mean poo poo.

boner confessor posted:

oh wait i remember this guy getting run out of d&d and getting mad about it lol

"run out" here having the meaning people flipped their lid when I suggested Clinton was not the best candidate maybe

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

I like how you've all just gone to ad hominem because you ain't got legit arguments against :ca:

You're a coastal city that doesn't have water because of almonds. That's pretty loving stupid.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

You're a coastal city that doesn't have water because of almonds. That's pretty loving stupid.

What's stupid is you just buy the Fox News poo poo hook line and sinker and then repeat it years after it is even relevant like you are scoring some win.

The drought is over, and we're building a poo poo ton of water infrastructure to prepare for the next one. What does you state do when it realizes it hosed up, double down like Brownback does?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
show me on the doll where Kansas touched you

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
right in my wallet

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
Kansas sucks but Cali ain't so great either.

All states suck, happy?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
All states suck but some states keep their suck somewhat contained within their own borders and the South and Great Plains regions are particularly good about spreading the dumbfuck around as much as possible whether it be demanding mythology in science textbooks or sucking down tax money from other states to keep their education systems functional because they slashed their income tax rates to the hilt (while simultaneously raising sales taxes bc gently caress poor people lol).

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

boner confessor posted:

GBS regulars, please explain this guy

Moridin920 is an autist that likes to die on every possible internet hill he can find in GBS, arguing as an authority on literally every subject that comes up until anyone else is too exhausted to continue arguing with him or the thread dies due to the retarded slapfight he causes wherever he goes because he is incapable of being wrong and has to have the last word in 20 simultaneous arguments.

Will not shut up and stop being smug about how amazing california or his cam whore girlfriend is, has previously told people what their industry or job or degree is like despite never having or being in any of them because his intuition based arguments are the internet pissing contest version of perpetual motion.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Space Crabs posted:

Will not shut up and stop being smug about how amazing california or his cam whore girlfriend is, has previously told people what their industry or job or degree is like despite never having or being in any of them because his intuition based arguments are the internet pissing contest version of perpetual motion.

lol the hyperbole is ridiculous

so many jelly haters

e: I'm genuinely curious as to where you're getting "previously told people what their industry/job/degree is like despite never being in any of them." The others at least stem from something but that's just confusing the hell outta me.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you aren't as smart as you think you are and just because things make sense to you, because you intuited your opinions, doesn't mean they are right. Your state is garbage loving shut up about it already.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
cali sucks the mostest cuz almonds.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Space Crabs posted:

you aren't as smart as you think you are and just because things make sense to you, because you intuited your opinions, doesn't mean they are right. Your state is garbage loving shut up about it already.

another personal insult 'cuz you have nothing really to say in defense of your arguments because you're just an angry dumbass

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

What's stupid is you just buy the Fox News poo poo hook line and sinker and then repeat it years after it is even relevant like you are scoring some win.

The drought is over, and we're building a poo poo ton of water infrastructure to prepare for the next one. What does you state do when it realizes it hosed up, double down like Brownback does?

you uh raise taxes back up to normal problem solved it's pretty simple

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
my california story: once i was on a business trip to san diego. my client was in a low rise office plaza that had a very nice open air atrium with a tree and other plants, like if your office opened to an indoor garden. anyway as i was leaving i noticed a sign on the window that said WARNING: THIS AREA CONTAINS CHEMICALS KNOWN BY THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO CAUSE CANCER

at my hotel, in the lobby, for no reason at all, there was a sign on the wall that said WARNING: DRINKING DURING PREGNANCY CAUSES BIRTH DEFECTS. the hotel did not serve alcohol and there was no expectation that anyone would be sitting in the lobby drinking

so, california is the land of obnoxious nanny state warning signs thanks and god bless

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Solice Kirsk posted:

California does grow most of the U.S. produce tbqf: http://keepcaliforniafarming.org/which-foods-come-from-california/

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

My state has a huge tax surplus and California sucks donkey cock, much like Moridin.

Rockman Reserve fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 14, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moridin920 posted:

dumbos screaming about how CA sucks while their poo poo is in shambles around them while they take our tax money is getting hella old

come chill and have a burrito and some beer and weed, stop trying to say we're the shittiest state when you know that's just you being jelly

Who said that California sucks? People are just saying it's not the glorious city on a hill you think it is. California is not that much better than the rest of America.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Guy Goodbody posted:

Who said that California sucks? People are just saying it's not the glorious city on a hill you think it is. California is not that much better than the rest of America.

los angeles is basically atlanta, dallas, and houston all stuck together

the bay area is an exclusive liberal enclave and their rents are soaring because the aging hippies who locked in home ownership back in the 1970s dont want to change or let anyone new move in to the area

everywhere else is basically oklahoma

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

*In an extremely moridin voice*

"THAT'S BECAUSE OF KANSAS!"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think you'll find that nowhere did I say CA was the best state ever and yada yada golden city on a hill.

I simply said: we'd be able to pay for our own infrastructure stuff if we didn't have to subsidize idiot states. A bunch of people apparently took exception to that, I can only assume bc they live in said idiot states.

quote:

California is not that much better than the rest of America.

By what metric? We're def one of the nicer states to live if you can afford the exorbitant cost of living.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Guy Goodbody posted:

People are just saying it's not the glorious city on a hill you think it is. California is not that much better than the rest of America.

This was my feeling until about two minutes ago when I checked this thread for Dam Doom updates and instead saw Moridin Moridining the gently caress out all over the place.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Like you're just putting words in my mouth lol where did I say CA was the best state ever total utopia? All I said was we'd be able to better afford to fix this poo poo if we didn't get leeched on by other states.

Just bc a few of you are sperging at me about people invading California and almonds doesn't mean I'm gonna back off.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Moridin, please react to this post

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Dudes, chicks, and dudes pretend to be chicks, from coasts, the prairie belt, the bayou, or the badlands, I present a compromise.

gently caress Bakersfield.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

Moridin, please react to this post

I'm not gonna lie idk what that is.

e: reverse image search is good. Well that certainly sucks but again I think you'll find that nowhere did I say CA is a utopia "best state there is." We're also a hotbed of white supremacist groups iirc.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Moridin920 posted:

All states suck but some states keep their suck somewhat contained within their own borders and the South and Great Plains regions are particularly good about spreading the dumbfuck around as much as possible whether it be demanding mythology in science textbooks or sucking down tax money from other states to keep their education systems functional because they slashed their income tax rates to the hilt (while simultaneously raising sales taxes bc gently caress poor people lol).

Your suck is nicely congealed on the coast.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tony Snark posted:

Dudes, chicks, and dudes pretend to be chicks, from coasts, the prairie belt, the bayou, or the badlands, I present a compromise.

gently caress Bakersfield.

I can get behind this

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I saw all the new posts and thought the dam had burst for sure.

gently caress you all for deceiving me.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moridin920 posted:

Like you're just putting words in my mouth lol where did I say CA was the best state ever total utopia? All I said was we'd be able to better afford to fix this poo poo if we didn't get leeched on by other states.

Just bc a few of you are sperging at me about people invading California and almonds doesn't mean I'm gonna back off.

Is this purely a state level thing for you, or do you drive over a pothole in San Francisco and shake your fist and cry, "This wouldn't be a problem if my tax dollars weren't being stolen to give welfare to methheads in loving Bakersfield!"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is this purely a state level thing for you, or do you drive over a pothole in San Francisco and shake your fist and cry, "This wouldn't be a problem if my tax dollars weren't being stolen to give welfare to methheads in loving Bakersfield!"

state level

the inland empire is our own trouble

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqEU2X6yBPk

What is that at 0:35 - 0:46?

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Reflection of the sun in the water, it's okay you don't recognize it, they are things unfamiliar to most goons.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
sacramento update: still not drowned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

"Oh my God, that's Moridin on the TV! He's at the dam and he's got a sign! Looks like it's wet. It says... uh... "Death to Kans". Huh, I guess he's a bottle sort of pers-whoops, he just got sucked over the spillway..."

• Locked thread