Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hand Row
May 28, 2001

chilihead posted:

Toronto does not have to resign Ibaka. I actually see it as dumping Ross for more salary cap space.
As far as Orlando, admitting your mistakes is the first step to a better tomorrow. The most important thing is Gordon goes back to playing the 4.

Will they even have any cap space either way? Or do you mean pay less in luxury tax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
The ray allen shot is better, as well as every game last year

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

TBeats posted:

Plus he gave us the greatest moment in NBA finals history that is worth posting again

The Love Lockdown is the greatest moment in the history of this sport.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

AggressivelyStupid posted:

4th greatest actually

1) Ray Allens shot
2) The Block
3) The Assassination of Stephan Curry by the Hero Kyrie Irving
4) AI Stepping over Lue
5) Jordan pushes off

This checks out

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
After watching 4 2000-2001 NBA playoff games today, can confirm that AI was absolutely awesome.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
That Block is so overrated. Kevin Love lockdown, and the Irving Dagger > than the block.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Imagine if lebron had completed the chaos dunk.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Dexo posted:

That Block is so overrated. Kevin Love lockdown, and the Irving Dagger > than the block.

Naw. The Block is absolutely better than both of those.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Love Lockdown is funny but not a huge "oh poo poo" moment like the Block or Kyrie's Dagger

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

euphronius posted:

I still literally have no idea how Lebron's arm didn't break on that.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Love Lockdown is funny but not a huge "oh poo poo" moment like the Block or Kyrie's Dagger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZwMX6T5Jhk

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
If Lebron's dunk had gone down it would have been the greatest moment in basketball history since that old white fucker stapled a peach basket to the side of his barn

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

euphronius posted:

That would have been the greatest dunk ever. Like better than Vince at the Olympics. That dunk attempt was so surreal as like it felt like time slowed down as the ball got passed back to Lebron from Kyrie and you saw the potential for what could be.

He almost ended Draymond, and the Warriors organization right then and there.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Time posted:

If Lebron's dunk had gone down it would have been the greatest moment in basketball history since that old white fucker stapled a peach basket to the side of his barn

Somewhere there is an alternative universe where being dunked on in the most viciously clutch manner forced Draymond Green to retire.

That's a good universe.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

That Lebron almost dunk was my favourite. Because then after we thought he might be dead but he was not because he is the greatest player ever.

Only squares don't like Iverson

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'm blanking on the dunk you guys are talking about, can someone post a link or something

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm blanking on the dunk you guys are talking about, can someone post a link or something

for shame
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-yh0hf7sBU&t=99s

Like really, how did he not break his arm.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

SHOAH NUFF posted:

No. That Love play was me saying oh poo poo oh poo poo Steph is about expose Love and tear the heart out of Cleveland.

Then Love locked down the undisputed, unanimous, uncontested MVP candidate on the perimeter to essentially seal the game.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I've rewatched Love and Curry so many times just because it's so absurd. There are better moments but there are few that make me laugh every time.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIGWQKPMKNI

The best part is that the next video that follows is the last minute of that game. What a treat.

Seriously. I like to think we're all watching it now and smiling.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

BWV posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIGWQKPMKNI

The best part is that the next video that follows is the last minute of that game. What a treat.

Seriously. I like to think we're all watching it now and smiling.

I'm not even a Cavs fan and my reaction in my empty house was exactly the same as Love's Only about a half beat before he realized what was about to happen.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Paul Zuvella posted:

1) Ray Allens shot
2) The Block
3) The Assassination of Stephan Curry by the Hero Kyrie Irving
4) AI Stepping over Lue
5) Jordan pushes off

This checks out

6. Jason Terry hits game 5 dagger over LeBron after saying LeBron can't guard him for a full series.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 14, 2017

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

euphronius posted:

This one right here. This is why i will never like Draymond. He robbed us of the Chaos Dunk.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Cool Buff Man posted:

Probably not, but I don't think the Celtics would be better with that version of AI and I don't think Nash's Suns would be better with him either, so I'm not sure why that matters. I think the argument was the offense was necessarily inefficient.

If you put Iverson in the present day and gave him a couple years to work on his three, he'd be unquestionably better than IT on these current Celtics. He's like a small James Harden crossed with Jamal Crawford but super athletic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV032giXqzg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCt-BrTl9J8

In watching highlights he kind of looks like peak Curry when the WArriors offense makes things so so eeasy, but with matt geiger, eric snow, and theo ratliff on the floor

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Feb 14, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

But in all honestly, the Love/Curry shutdown is also one of the greatest sports moments ever.

Which means that like, most reasonable people can probably agree that 3 out of the top... lets say 20 NBA finals moments happened within 2 minutes of eachother in game 7 of the 2016 NBA Finals.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Paul Zuvella posted:

But in all honestly, the Love/Curry shutdown is also one of the greatest sports moments ever.

Which means that like, most reasonable people can probably agree that 3 out of the top... lets say 20 NBA finals moments happened within 2 minutes of eachother in game 7 of the 2016 NBA Finals.

I'm sure people older who've been watching basketball longer than me will have some counter examples, but I think you have to say 2016 Finals Game 7 was the best game of basketball ever played.

SO FAR

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the Block is LeBron's iconic play, there's so much subtext to it that I can't make it not the best Finals play ever. Love shutting down Curry is the best for the comedy factor though

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

tanglewood1420 posted:

I'm sure people older who've been watching basketball longer than me will have some counter examples, but I think you have to say 2016 Finals Game 7 was the best game of basketball ever played.

SO FAR

Can't wait until the Houston Rockets come back to defeat the Cavs in 7 games and James Harden torches Lebron so bad he retires at 30

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

for shame
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-yh0hf7sBU&t=99s

Like really, how did he not break his arm.

Have you never fallen before? It's not like his arm hyper-extended or anything. Most of the force of his fall dissipated when he landed with his foot.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 14, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dejan Bimble posted:

If you put Iverson in the present day and gave him a couple years to work on his three, he'd be unquestionably better than IT on these current Celtics. He's like a small James Harden crossed with Jamal Crawford but super athletic

Also to perfect the pnr with a big who could shoot like Horford .

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lebron does that block all the drat time though. He did it to Steph and others Multiple times in the series.

Like I was watching that thinking the entire time that poo poo's about to get blocked.

Just didn't resonate with me.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

You cannot imagine that because the universe would have ended and out of the dunk a new big bang would have occurred and a new, wonderous universe would have been created anew.

We simply live in the time shard where the universe still exists because the dunk missed.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lockback posted:

You cannot imagine that because the universe would have ended and out of the dunk a new big bang would have occurred and a new, wonderous universe would have been created anew.

We simply live in the time shard where the universe still exists because the dunk missed.

So what you are telling me is if Lebron completes that Dunk, Hillary wins the election?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No needs for elections or government in that future

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Dexo posted:

So what you are telling me is if Lebron completes that Dunk, Hillary wins the election?

Nah, if he completed the dunk, Rajon Rondo would have never been signed and Wade would have stayed in Miami.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Dexo posted:

Lebron missed that dunk because of Benghazi. Everything is connected.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dexo posted:

Lebron does that block all the drat time though. He did it to Steph and others Multiple times in the series.

Like I was watching that thinking the entire time that poo poo's about to get blocked.

Just didn't resonate with me.

The block was the turning point in the series and led to Lebron and the rest of the Cavs realizing how easily they can punk Steph. The almost chaos dunk wasn't even that good and was easily blocked by Draymond. Had he completed it it still wouldn't have been as iconic as the Love defense or the Irving dagger.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Doltos posted:

The block was the turning point in the series and led to Lebron and the rest of the Cavs realizing how easily they can punk Steph. The almost chaos dunk wasn't even that good and was easily blocked by Draymond. Had he completed it it still wouldn't have been as iconic as the Love defense or the Irving dagger.

We're talking about the Iggy block. Which will be like the moment people refer to when talking about LeBron forever.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Spacebump posted:

If nobody trades for Okafor, how does that change Philly's offseason plans?

Other than giving them a piece for a potential draft day trade, not at all.

euphronius posted:

People think philly will offer him the 4 year max

Idk

I'd love to see Lowry come home to Philadelphia, but he's going to be 31 in a month so I think it would be pretty hard to justify a max deal.

It seems that what the Sixers can spend this offseason has more to do with when they will need to extend Simmons and this year's draft picks. They obviously have plenty of money to spend, but they don't want any contracts that will interfere with future contracts. Four years from now math is not something I want to attempt. If that's not an issue, then sure, overpay for Lowry and Noel. They aren't spending it on anything else anyway.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I mean looking back this was obviously the turning point for the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOrvIDWU3oU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Jack's Flow posted:

Lebron missed that dunk because of Benghazi. Everything is connected.

Ben Ghazi was actually Draymond Green this whole time. Would never have guessed he has been hiding in plain sight.

Dexo posted:

I mean looking back this was obviously the turning point for the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOrvIDWU3oU

Agreed. This is low-key one of the better moments of that Finals.

• Locked thread