Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

LeBlock took me back to a simpler time in James-Cavs history, and made me appreciate how far we have come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Saying a huge chase down block in a tie game with less than two minutes left of Game 7 of the NBA finals didn't resonate with you...jesus

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Somewhere there is an alternative universe where being dunked on in the most viciously clutch manner forced Draymond Green to retire.

That's a good universe.

Is this the same universe where Obama ran for a third term and won?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

The Duggler posted:

LeBlock took me back to a simpler time in James-Cavs history, and made me appreciate how far we have come.

Never Forget

Jota posted:

Saying a huge chase down block in a tie game with less than two minutes left of Game 7 of the NBA finals didn't resonate with you...jesus

Not saying it wasn't cool. It just didn't have the same impact as say Love's defense, Kyrie's dagger in Steph's face, or that almost chaos dunk.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dexo posted:

Not saying it wasn't cool. It just didn't have the same impact as say Love's defense, Kyrie's dagger in Steph's face, or that almost chaos dunk.

As LeBron's biggest hater I have to say you're wrong. A foul on an open dunk, and Kevin Love happening to be in front of Steph while he misses a make-able shot, do not even come close. MAYBE Kyrie's dagger is on the same level, but probably not. That block was nuts.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Intruder posted:

Still waiting for some Morey Magic to turn Corey Brewer into a useful rotation player

Orlando didn't get much for Ibaka considering I kept seeing stuff like Capela or Harrell + Dekker + picks bandied about when the Rockets were interested

I guess Morey agreed w/ internet Rockets fans that Dekker is untouchable. Ross is the better 3pt shooter now but Dekker has two years on that sweet rookie deal. Or maybe the Rockets were never really interested.

So how long does it take for Raptors fan nihilism to kick in again? Next lost game?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Sorry guys. Just don't get the same emotion as yall about that block.

It was kinda cool seeing it in slow motion as he had his body set up in such a way to also swat away the reverse layup if Iggy had tried it. But yeah. His Blocks on Steph previously in the series were all better.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

RCarr posted:

As LeBron's biggest hater I have to say you're wrong. A foul on an open dunk, and Kevin Love happening to be in front of Steph while he misses a make-able shot, do not even come close. MAYBE Kyrie's dagger is on the same level, but probably not. That block was nuts.

seriously.

The environment was electric and I'm pretty sure every sports bar in america erupted at the same time

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

how's Embiid recovering from his injury?

https://twitter.com/Dcorrigan50/status/831614683287285760

just fine, I presume

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

It was minute 40 of game 7 of the NBA finals. Lebron caught up with iggy full court and ended his life. It was the single best display of basketball beauty in my life and I nearly cried watching it

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I've seen LeBron throw down a ton of huge dunks in his career. The chaos dunk just wouldn't have resonated with me.

Now let's talk about this perfect bounce pass that Richard Jefferson threw

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dexo posted:

Never Forget

"Loves defense " was actually like 90% lebron on that play

Sorry I'm a huge lebron fan.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Kyries dagger over the false mvp owned too though. As did concussed Kevin staying in front of the aforementioned False MVP

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Jota posted:

I've seen LeBron throw down a ton of huge dunks in his career. The chaos dunk just wouldn't have resonated with me.

Now let's talk about this perfect bounce pass that Richard Jefferson threw

That bounce pass was pretty tbf

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Just watched the love defense play on curry and his feet look like he's trying to start a moped, got the tasmanian devil feet

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Dexo posted:

Sorry guys. Just don't get the same emotion as yall about that block.

LeBron has made the amazing ordinary, I don't blame you

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Kevin Love's feet have literally never shuffled faster in his life.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

chunkles posted:

I guess Morey agreed w/ internet Rockets fans that Dekker is untouchable. Ross is the better 3pt shooter now but Dekker has two years on that sweet rookie deal. Or maybe the Rockets were never really interested.

So how long does it take for Raptors fan nihilism to kick in again? Next lost game?

Next time we lose a single possession game and use CASEY'S SECRIT PLAY for the final shot, yeah.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

chunkles posted:

They are playing the Bulls tonight. So be prepared for Denzel Valentine to inexplicably put up like 37 points 6 assists and 9 rebounds.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

chunkles posted:

Raptors fans are no longer threatened by negative energy buildup after their playoff series victory over the Indiana pacers

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
All of the Cavs big 3 having their own individual moments just makes that game and series so much better.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dexo posted:

They are playing the Bulls tonight. So be prepared for Denzel Valentine to inexplicably put up like 37 points 6 assists and 9 rebounds.

Gonna get a vintage rondo triple double 2nite.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Lowry
DeRozan
He who will not be named
Ibaka
JV

Looks like 4/5ths of a great lineup. Can't wait to see these guys in action.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

The Duggler posted:

Lowry
DeRozan
He who will not be named
Ibaka
JV

Honestly, Carroll is probably the right type of guy at the 3. You want someone who will be fine not getting a lot of shots and be ready to shoot the open 3.

Now, this is all assuming he can go back to being the very good defensive 3&D guy he once was.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

chunkles posted:

Last time I checked, Casey's still the coach. This definitely helps in getting home court for the playoffs though.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Carlosologist posted:

how's Embiid recovering from his injury?

https://twitter.com/Dcorrigan50/status/831614683287285760

just fine, I presume

Sonofabitch...

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

Raptors fans are no longer threatened by negative energy buildup after their playoff series victory over the Indiana pacers

Raptors fans are basically those tormented volcano ghosts from Scientology.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
How many games does Yogi need to play for the Mavs for his play not to be considered a fluke? 20? 30?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

His pipes are clean.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Could have had Rihanna, ends up with a reality TV star. This is on you, Adam Silver. This is on you.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spacebump posted:

How many games does Yogi need to play for the Mavs for his play not to be considered a fluke? 20? 30?

Lin got hurt midway through Linsanity and sat for a while before coming back to a hero ball Melo team. The bar is set pretty low.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

ChickenMedium posted:

Could have had Rihanna, ends up with a reality TV star. This is on you, Adam Silver. This is on you.

If he was healthy, he would almost 100% be Love's ASG replacement

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Love shutting down Curry was the best. The others were players doing what you expected them to do, (formerly) pudgey stiff Kevin Love staying in front of the man who the rest of the league could not figure out how to stop and forcing him into a bad shot was unexpected and a sight to behold.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Supreme Gsw homer Nate Duncan still blames that play on Steph's "injury"

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Masai basically turned Rudy Gay into these four guys

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

This is a good graphic. Kudos.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Sebastian Telfair haha

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Masai basically turned Rudy Gay into these four guys

You mean he turned Rudy Gay into Patrick Patterson. Uh, good job I guess

edit- Oh and Lucas. Whoopie. If the Kings got that return on Rudy Gay last summer they would have been super :smith:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Let's hear it for the GM who had the foresight to trade for Rudy Gay, Bryan Colangelo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

The Duggler posted:

Lowry
DeRozan
He who will not be named
Ibaka
JV

If you don't think that Casey will find a way to play JV less and less, you don't know your Raptors head coach.

• Locked thread