Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

sassassin posted:

You think Ephraim will be cavalry?

I'm pretty sure he will be infantry since I don't recall him ever using a horse in FE8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

wisdomHNOX posted:

I'm pretty sure he will be infantry since I don't recall him ever using a horse in FE8.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

sassassin posted:

You think Ephraim will be cavalry?

I would bet money that Erika will be cav. Ephraim will probably be infantry since there are so few iconic lance wielding infantry units in FE. Nephenee is the only other one that comes to mind, whereas basically every game has one cav that could be a lance user.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

You're right. He started infantry and switched to horseback after his promotion. I need to go back and replay that game.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
he's definitely more iconic as infantry though

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
even fire emblem nerds don't remember the other tellius soldiers

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Ephraim is the coolest and best FE character. When you first get him in FE:SS, he's committing a very successful home invasion with his fraternity brothers. When the inhabitants are all dead, he just bails.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Reiterpallasch posted:

Excuse you, both Devdan and Danved are cool and memorable dudes. :colbert:

who the hell is aran

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

I still hope Ephraim is infantry because there's so few iconic cool spear dudes in the game right now.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Reiterpallasch posted:

I like Aran tyvfm

Spellman
May 31, 2011

So this won't come as a surprise to most I don't think, but you can play this game through your Nintendo Account on iOS and Android with your same file, so if you're rocking an iPad on the side, it works, and you can play the game in excruciating UHD

Bodes well for future Nintendo mobile games if you were ever afraid that you were locking yourself into one platform

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Reiterpallasch posted:

The red cavalier was Forde.

edit: wrong game

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Spellman posted:

So this won't come as a surprise to most I don't think, but you can play this game through your Nintendo Account on iOS and Android with your same file, so if you're rocking an iPad on the side, it works, and you can play the game in excruciating UHD

Bodes well for future Nintendo mobile games if you were ever afraid that you were locking yourself into one platform

Your orbs are OS-specific though. I have 3 on Android and ~20 something on iOS

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

dmboogie posted:

Excuse you, both Devdan and Danved are cool and memorable dudes. :colbert:

who the hell is aran
And yet you forgot Nadved, you heartless monster. :colbert:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Lube banjo posted:

Your orbs are OS-specific though. I have 3 on Android and ~20 something on iOS

Good catch, worth being wary about which platform you accept mission rewards from when there's orbs at stake

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

If we are getting the Lords from Sacred Stones, can we assume we are getting other characters soon too? I need me some Ross and Amelia.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

wisdomHNOX posted:

If we are getting the Lords from Sacred Stones, can we assume we are getting other characters soon too? I need me some Ross and Amelia.

That's what we are all waiting to find out!!

The Jaffar fans are also rabid so I wonder when we'll get other characters from the already included series

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
seth seth seth seth seth seth seth seth

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Rascyc posted:

That's what we are all waiting to find out!!

The Jaffar fans are also rabid so I wonder when we'll get other characters from the already included series

I don't think that mister sit on a pillar with a killing edge and dodge everything while murdering everything is gonna be that good in this game with the lack of dodging.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
There's probably going to be new chaff at least every few months. Off the top of my head, they could probably populate entire gachas (meaning not just banners, but full-on expansions) out of:

--Shadow Dragon (meaning new versions of Mystery characters, the characters added in the remake, and people like Gotoh who aren't in Mystery)
--Gaiden
--Notable omissions from Mystery (Sirius, Mallicia, Yumina, Yubello after just like ten seconds of thought)
--Genealogy gen 1
--Genealogy gen 2
--Thracia (probably at least two gachas' worth of characters)
--Notable omissions from Binding Blade (Guinivere, Thea, Dieck, Rutger, Elphin come to mind)
--Notable omissions from Blazing Blade (Ninian, Athos, Pent, Farina)
--Sacred Stones (probably at least two gachas' worth of characters)
--Path of Radiance (probably at least two gachas)
--Radiant Dawn (probably only one gacha if you only count RD-exclusive characters but if you double on PoR ones its more like 3)
--Awakening second gen
--Fates second gen
--Villains
--Tokyo Mirage Sessions

That's almost twenty expansions worth of characters, not counting updates that only introduce banner characters without introducing any new chaff, and not counting holiday events. They can afford to have an aggressive release schedule; even releasing an expansion every month they won't run out before Fire Emblem for Switch saves them by adding more charcaters.

Of course, just because they can afford to be aggressive doesn't mean they will be. But I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the entire gacha get replaced with Sacred Stones/Genealogy gen 2 people with the rotation tonight (though no such thing happening also wouldn't be surprising).

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Alright, incoming hot takes.

Sacred Stones folks that are likely coming in with Ephraim/Eirika:
--Seth
--Amelia
--Ross
--Ewan
--Myrrh
--Innes
--Tana

Genealogy folks that are likely coming with Seliph/Julia:
--Oifey
--Larcei
--Shannan
--Johan
--Johalva
--Hannibal
--Julius
--Ishtar

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

AradoBalanga posted:

--Julius
--Ishtar

As much as I'd love to drop $2k chasing Ishtar, there's no way that non-playable villains will be in the first round of characters.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm not really sure if they'll touch on Awakening second gen, considering Odin/Laslow/Selena. They're more likely to fill in the rest of the first gen cap first, like Miriel and Sumia. And as much as I like Shiro, he's probably not getting in before other Fates characters like Charlotte. We might see Shigure, but otherwise I don't have high hopes for them.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Do we have any idea when the new banner is coming tonight?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Here's my shitpost hot take:

The following characters will be added to the current list, with no removals:

--Eirika (5* base)
--Ephraim (5* base)
--Seth
--Franz
--Ross
--Amelia
--Lute
--Innes
--Tana
--L'arachel (5* base)
--Ewan
--Myrrh
--Knoll

--Seliph (5* base)
--Julia (5* base)
--Larcei
--Oifey
--Shanan (5* base)
--Finn
--Tine
--Ced (5* base)
--Iuchar
--Iucharba

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

dmboogie posted:

Probably 11:00 PST, right with the daily reset.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

dmboogie posted:

The current banner details say they expire at the same time we normally get all the other stuff for the new day (extra arena swords, new special missions, etc). That's about 9 hours from now.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

drat, I'll be sleeping then. Thanks for the answers.

cheetah7071 posted:

Here's my shitpost hot take:

The following characters will be added to the current list, with no removals:

this list seems pretty good but there's no way Joshua's not gonna be on there considering his placement in the poll, imo

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

As much as I'd love to drop $2k chasing Ishtar, there's no way that non-playable villains will be in the first round of characters.

Sadly, this seems likely. Personally I'm just wondering why Xander isn't in the drop pool yet, I know from the lunatic version of the last story mission that he has Siegfried, which enables him to counter from any distance (like Ryoma's Rajinto) but he also has a horse, so he seems like he could be a cool sword horse dude.

Also, enjoying the new avatar? Or simply relived the old one is gone?

EDIT: Hmm... just tried to buy a small amount of orbs, says I need to log into my google play account, and no matter how many time I press okay that message just come back up. Unsure if this is related to what made me have to use Nox and download the apk and use it manually in the first place. I suppose not being able to throw away my money on a dumb gacha game isn't' the worst thing in the world, probably a blessing.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Feb 14, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I'm kind of surprised they aren't rushing to get Ike out ASAP, given that's he's both #1 and #4. Or maybe I'm just disappointed since I like Tellius more than Sacred Stones.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

People talk a lot about iconic lance/sword/axe users, but the biggest gap in the roster right now is that none of the characters who shoot projectile rats are featured yet.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Stephen9001 posted:

Sadly, this seems likely. Personally I'm just wondering why Xander isn't in the drop pool yet, I know from the lunatic version of the last story mission that he has Siegfried, which enables him to counter from any distance (like Ryoma's Rajinto) but he also has a horse, so he seems like he could be a cool sword horse dude.

Also, enjoying the new avatar? Or simply relived the old one is gone?

Xander has a role in the "story" of this game. He's hanging with the Princess, who will probably not be the ~real villain~ and he'll be rollable once she has her change of heart.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Clarste posted:

I'm kind of surprised they aren't rushing to get Ike out ASAP, given that's he's both #1 and #4. Or maybe I'm just disappointed since I like Tellius more than Sacred Stones.

It's plausible that, since the four characters we know about are pairs of siblings, there will be more siblings in the (presumable) partner banner. If that were the case, I would predict Ike/Mist/Chrom/Lissa.

I suspect that the second banner will be composed of characters we already have, though--maybe something like Hector/Chrom/Ryoma/Hinoka

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

It's plausible that, since the four characters we know about are pairs of siblings, there will be more siblings in the (presumable) partner banner. If that were the case, I would predict Ike/Mist/Chrom/Lissa.

I suspect that the second banner will be composed of characters we already have, though--maybe something like Hector/Chrom/Ryoma/Hinoka

Micaiah/Sanaki

In all seriousness, I don't expect them to introduce more than two new games at the same time.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 14, 2017

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

I don't think they'll do that, if only because it feels like they'd be hamstringing themselves for long term revenue with one banner having the most popular already released characters and the other having the most popular yet to be released characters.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Clarste posted:

Got to save some popular characters for when interest tapers off.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Clearly the last four are gonna be Arvis/Deirdre and Alm/Celica.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

sassassin posted:

Got to save some popular characters for when interest tapers off.

Reasonable, yet disappointing.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The second banner will be the parent/child banner, with Hector/Lilina/Finn/Nanna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Senerio posted:

Clearly the last four are gonna be Arvis/Deirdre and Alm/Celica.

One of these 4 is not like the others (they're just friends)