Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, Nemesis is going to be super popular. I'd imagine Perandus and Breach will be in pretty high demand, too.
That trio, maybe swapping in Beyond for one of them, will probably be all I will run.

Maybe a Tempest or two to try to get a Corrupting Tempest...

God drat getting hype.

WAIT poo poo

CAN I TRIPLE BEYOND

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm not super into the way they're implementing Legacy because I started playing with Essence and it seems like all the actually good mods you want to pick are the ones that were most integrated in the game anyway (either through Zana - run a bunch of Perandus/Nemesis there myself - or getting implemented directly into the base game) so I've already seen a decent bit of what they have to offer, while the ones I'm basically completely ignorant of like Talisman are gonna be dogshit.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I was hoping 2.6 league would be more of a disappointment since I'll have to miss the first two weeks of it :(

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Nothing yet, but I'll be surprised and very sad if it is gone anywhere. You'll probably just get 3, 6, 9 act labs and uber as usual.

I'd guess it's becoming 3 points from act 3 lab, and 3 points from an act 8 lab, personally (and then unchanged uber lab)

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Cinara posted:

I would imagine that the legacy stone things will be a way to re-balance the league mods to make the "weaker" ones more worth it. So something like Prophecy could add a chance to drop the stronger prophecies directly as items, or Bloodlines would add a shitton of extra magic monsters.

Quoting myself since I was on the bottom of the last page.

Something like this would make it so you want to do something besides Beyond, Breach, Nemesis and a few others that are far better than everything else.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Can someone go over what made some challenge mods better than others? Better as in not just popular/fun but actually better?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Insurrectionist posted:

I'm not super into the way they're implementing Legacy because I started playing with Essence and it seems like all the actually good mods you want to pick are the ones that were most integrated in the game anyway (either through Zana - run a bunch of Perandus/Nemesis there myself - or getting implemented directly into the base game) so I've already seen a decent bit of what they have to offer, while the ones I'm basically completely ignorant of like Talisman are gonna be dogshit.
I think I'll just goof around for a league with some meme builds, or maybe SSF for the sake of it, and cycle leagues I've not seen together with the leagues I've liked.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Count Uvula posted:

I'd guess it's becoming 3 points from act 3 lab, and 3 points from an act 8 lab, personally (and then unchanged uber lab)

I hope not, the 4th point node is really great to get in cruel (ele conflux, slayer overkill leech etc) and 3 points will just get you one big node all the way to the end which sucks.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Following up from the Lab question (sort of), how do you think they'll handle the resistance penalties? Just have them kick in after Act 3, 6 and 9?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Count Uvula posted:

So Arakaali in the news post is a major god power while Tukohoma is a minor power, and you could have both equipped at once. (Lore wise, Arakaali is most likely a Vaal goddess since they're the boss of the new forest act)
Brine King's power is also in the mmogames article:

Another way of mitigating stuns; honestly it's probably better than Valyrium for a lot of builds, but it does take your major pantheon slot.

that's a cute way of fighting atlas map "just leave the shaped ones" optimization

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Well I'll hold out hope the item rebalancing help make some less popular League mods stronger, or some other mechanic used.

Beyond those that are better through giving more valuable stuff though, there also seems to be a lot of difference between the scope of what's added for some Leagues. Like, however good it might be, Nemesis seems a bit boring compared to Beyond or Perandus or whatever.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Can someone go over what made some challenge mods better than others? Better as in not just popular/fun but actually better?

Mods like Beyond and Breach add a ton of extra monsters to maps, meaning way more drops and exp. Mods like Nemesis add a ton of rare monsters but also have drops like Headhunter that are absurdly powerful and hard to get.

Ambush and Perandus both add a decent number of monsters, Talisman added 1-2 packs. Compared to stuff like Rampage or Tempest which still have a bonus but do not directly add any monsters.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Some mods had widespread impact (like Perandus ruining economy or Breach dramatically accelerating experience gain or Essence actually making essences viable), whereas some were gimmicky garbage with no relevance to speak of, like Talisman.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

:vince:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I imagine the Gruest fight would just look like this.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

oh man i wonder if you'd be able to mix and match leagues as you go, so like farming up some essences if you wanna craft and then after hitting your s-tier vaal regalia switching over to breach

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

We all know it will be Fairgraves.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

theshim posted:

CAN I TRIPLE BEYOND

Doesnt actually work. It's been possible before but you dont get any benefit over double beyond.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

TheRat posted:

Doesnt actually work. It's been possible before but you dont get any benefit over double beyond.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Out of curiosity, how was it possible before?

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

theshim posted:

Beyond prophecy + Zana + ????

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

theshim posted:

Flashback league beyond + zana beyond + map rolled for beyond

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Perandus gives you buttcoins and brodiro, so that makes it the best.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Nemesis gives the best uniques, while domination + beyond + breach gives the best xp/loot/maps/awesomeness

J
Jun 10, 2001

drat. Information overload. All of this is so loving cool.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Captain Fairgraves Act 10 boss confirmed.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Anyway my biggest worry about this is that my laptop won't handle all the mods. Because I skipped Breach so I'm definitely gonna have to add that, and I also definitely want Beyond because Beyond is awesome AND useful...but my PC was prone to not handling double Beyond maps very well and I can't imagine it'll do Breach + Beyond + some third probably mob-adding mod together all that great.

Can Breach enemies spawn Beyond? If not that'd be some relief for it I guess.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5u3bhv/what_if_this_is_actually_correct/ddr0s0a/

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

No, breaches definitely spawn beyond mobs

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Jinnigan posted:

No, breaches definitely spawn beyond mobs

RIP my machine

J
Jun 10, 2001

A beyond breach with a perandus chest or two in the vicinity will burn your house down

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
What if you're also running a Beyond map/Zana mod?

Actually I'm interested to see if Zana mods are allowed to overlap, or if you can only add mods you don't have active as one of your three Legacy mods.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
if i put 3 Invasions on my league will i get to fight 3 unique bosses :twisted:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Insurrectionist posted:

What if you're also running a Beyond map/Zana mod?

Actually I'm interested to see if Zana mods are allowed to overlap, or if you can only add mods you don't have active as one of your three Legacy mods.

I'd imagine they'd still allow it because Zana mods also add IIQ.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

J posted:

drat. Information overload. All of this is so loving cool.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I was expecting this expansion to be a bit of a letdown and holy poo poo was I wrong, wrong, wrong.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Probably good time to skip the next league to avoid burnout.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

next league sounds pretty cool though

J
Jun 10, 2001

Yeah I was thinking I'd be skipping 2.6 but legacy league looks really cool. Making all the league specific items so much more widely available is gonna be great. Maybe I'll be able to actually get a headhunter for once.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

J posted:

Yeah I was thinking I'd be skipping 2.6 but legacy league looks really cool. Making all the league specific items so much more widely available is gonna be great. Maybe I'll be able to actually get a headhunter for once.
Damnit GGG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y3lL8M7dYg

• Locked thread