Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

When youtube gets glitchy for whatever reason and stops loading your video at a certain point, so you refresh the page and they force you to sit through ANOTHER unskippable 30 second ad because of THEIR gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Just use adblock.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I want peanuts but I do not have them, and I don't wanna go to the store.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

God Hole posted:

When youtube gets glitchy for whatever reason and stops loading your video at a certain point, so you refresh the page and they force you to sit through ANOTHER unskippable 30 second ad because of THEIR gently caress up.

you deserve it for not using adblock

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I'm out of toilet paper and the costco near me only has pallets of 2-ply.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Firefox is a resource hog. I'm thinking, hey maybe i need a new computer BUT-- my computer is old (4.5 years), but new MacBooks have literally the same specs except for the 2gb video ram (I have 1gb, lol big difference there :rolleyes: ). They won't do 32GB regular ram cause ~battery life~. It's ridiculous. They havent changed anything in almost 5 years. Ooooooo but they added a touch bar so cool (sarcastic). Plus the price of a new one. Hahahaha $3,000 for something with a minor difference.

I will not change to PC for a multitude of reasons, and I have win 7 on here anyways and can play GTAV on high graphics.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

My internet's down and will be for up to a week, so I have to come to the library and use my laptop, and the internet here is really slow and my laptop is really small and inconvenient to use and doesn't have most of my stuff on it.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I bought 'natural' peanuts and they're kind of bland and bad but now I have to eat the whole bag before I can justify buying a bag of salted peanuts.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Cleaned the kitchen today, somehow my mop had collected a bunch of lint and tiny garbage. So I swept, then mopped, then had to let it dry and sweep again. My life is suffering

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Thin Privilege posted:

Firefox is a resource hog. I'm thinking, hey maybe i need a new computer BUT-- my computer is old (4.5 years), but new MacBooks have literally the same specs except for the 2gb video ram (I have 1gb, lol big difference there :rolleyes: ). They won't do 32GB regular ram cause ~battery life~. It's ridiculous. They havent changed anything in almost 5 years. Ooooooo but they added a touch bar so cool (sarcastic). Plus the price of a new one. Hahahaha $3,000 for something with a minor difference.

I will not change to PC for a multitude of reasons, and I have win 7 on here anyways and can play GTAV on high graphics.

You should look at Intel benchmarks. The same processor speed is much faster now.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Tiggum posted:

My internet's down and will be for up to a week, so I have to come to the library and use my laptop, and the internet here is really slow and my laptop is really small and inconvenient to use and doesn't have most of my stuff on it.

And now some guy is humming and it's super annoying.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Tiggum posted:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

cyberia posted:

I bought 'natural' peanuts and they're kind of bland and bad but now I have to eat the whole bag before I can justify buying a bag of salted peanuts.

Quick question, do you have salt?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

You should look at Intel benchmarks. The same processor speed is much faster now.

But also nobody should buy the lovely new Macbooks.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Tiggum posted:

Just wait till the guy who clears his throat every two minutes gets there. Also he snorts and swallows his phlegm.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Aphrodite posted:

But also nobody should buy the lovely new Macbooks.

My FWP is that I want to keep using Macs but the quoted post is incredibly true and my current one is worryingly crash-prone.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I just bought a new macbook because I didn't know they suck now :smith:

Also I broke the underwire on my bra right in the middle and it's only 9am so I'm gonna get stabbed all drat day by the thing.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My domestic email keeps getting annoying amounts of obvious spam that keep showing up, no matter how many times I send it to the junk folder. It's obvious too as the email name will be "Google Support" but when you hover over it it comes up with the address rich.g@cholmleyfinancial.co.uk or some other such thing. (I made that address up)

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I got new pillows which was sorely overdue and they're pretty drat comfy, but it's a hot night so A) I'm having trouble sleeping anyway and B) I'm sweating all over them so soon. :mad:

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

cyberia posted:

I recently bought 'natural' dried apricots and Annie's mac 'n cheese and they are both terrible. Screw you natural foods, give me my tasty poison chemicals

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

kreyla posted:

Annie's mac 'n cheese

is wonderful, try making it with an eyeballed amount of unflavored Greek yogurt instead of milk and butter.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

I kind of like the user image + post combo

And yes I've installed the exact same software (3D/ video rendering, and games) on a new MBP and it is a barely noticeable difference.

For uber nerds I was rendering a 3D animation and it was only 3 hours quicker on the new one---both renders took ~80 hours for the same amount of footage. Whooopeee 3 hours.

Uber uber nerds it was liquid so don't chastise me for render time.

E: also everyone considering buying mac: but refurbished off the website. I used to work for Apple and it's the exact same thing except cheaper, and you get the same warranty and can upgrade to 3 year warranty (always get AppleCare: No I don't work for or like Apple anymore but AppleCare is legitimately good. I just got a $1,000 repair for free, on my 4.5 year old machine).

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 00:47 on Feb 10, 2017

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Which macbook pro are we talking about? Things have seriously improved in the past 4 years.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought a Surface 4 but I'm always so busy and tired that all I want to do is play video games

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Mu Zeta posted:

Which macbook pro are we talking about? Things have seriously improved in the past 4 years.

First retina vs the model before the one with the touch pad.

E: this has nothing to do with what I said about refurbished, apple computers are the same refurbished or not.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 01:04 on Feb 10, 2017

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I went through 3 universal phone screen protectors before I finally managed not to gently caress it up too bad. Still got bubbles and poo poo on the edges, ugh.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

MariusLecter posted:

Quick question, do you have salt?

Yes but these are also raw rather than roasted so they taste very earthy. I've already mixed them into my trail mix so I'll just suffer through them for the next few weeks.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
I took my cat in for an xray yesterday because she ate a piece of string on Monday and I haven't seen it in the litter box yet. And she is acting totally normal. Vet assured me nothing looks wrong, and gave me laxative gel and digestive-formula canned food for her, but POOPWATCH 2017 is annoying and gross as heck.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I ate some free fruit salad that was probably bad and hoo boy I'm paying for it now

I haven't had fresh fruit in so long :( it tasted so good

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
A game on my tablet updated to take advantage of the slightly higher resolution of my tablet, something that I had been wishing they'd do for a while because everything was so big and it didn't really need to be.

Now I find that I got more used to it than I expected, because drat, everything is so small now.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I have to go to the doctor tomorrow. Just a checkup really and that first visit stuff you do with a new doctor.

It's at a very inconvenient time during the day so I have to go to work, drive to the doctor who is like 40 minutes away, then go back to work. My schedule is 100% flexible so long as my job gets done so my boss doesn't care I just don't want to drive that drat much.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I'm currently at work just loving around doing my own stuff as we have no new big project right now that I can work full time on. This means I sometimes do some small things, like checking stuff when my team leader doesn't have the time or picking up slack that others are dropping because of reasons. It's not bad as I don't get stressed at all. But it would definitely feel good to be challenged by some work again.

Is that the beginning of a bore out? :smugjones:

I hope not.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

loving federal hiring freeze is killing me.
It could not have come at a worse time.
I'm stuck in limbo.

gently caress you, Trump.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I got a cpap machine for the first time last weekend, and I swear the drat thing is hindering my sleep ability. Significantly. It's uncomfortable and feels like breathing into a balloon. People always say they take adjusting to, or that they hate them. You would think that would clue people in that the ergonomics need retooling...

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This is so annoying and so regular that it's almost just a problem and not a FWP, but whatever:

I'll be on my phone at home (and only at home), doing something, when at random I'll lose Internet connectivity through WiFi. The little WiFi signal doesn't go away or anything everything just screams OH GOD NO CONNECTION after 3-4 minutes if I don't do anything.

The only solution is to turn off the WiFi on my phone for a second and turn it back on, and all of a sudden everything works again. Until it happens again, randomly, when a page just won't load beyond 5% and everything else dies again.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I want to see two movies tomorrow and I can't decide which dumb thing I want watch first.

I had to preorder my switch through Best Buy which A) meant giving them money and B) they'll probably gently caress it up and I'll have to wait even longer to get it :smith:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

LethalGeek posted:

I want to see two movies tomorrow and I can't decide which dumb thing I want watch first.

I had to preorder my switch through Best Buy which A) meant giving them money and B) they'll probably gently caress it up and I'll have to wait even longer to get it :smith:

See John Wick 2, and then go see John Wick 2 a second time.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fashionable Jorts posted:

See John Wick 2, and then go see John Wick 2 a second time.

I saw it last week and will probably see it this week with another friend.

Mmmm I love those movies so much that I am considering picking up Payday 2 again.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
You'd think that after three years the people at that one university would have learned that my generic name.surname@email-provider.com email address is not, in fact, the email address for their employee who has the same name and surname as me, and yet I still have to reply to Very Important Mails (like financial statements, invoices and such) addressed to that person with "you have the wrong address, check it and resend the message" at least twice per week.

I'd just ignore the mails, but then I'd feel guilty should my samenamebuddy suffer some negative consequences from this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Mikl posted:

I'd just ignore the mails, but then I'd feel guilty should my samenamebuddy suffer some negative consequences from this.

You shouldn't feel guilty. This guy gave his employer the wrong email address. There are about 5 people who have my name whose email I receive. I deactivate their accounts when possible.