Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I tuned in to see if they mention anything about the Opie situation and I they didn't from what I heard. Was pretty funny if you enjoy Bobo, and who doesn't? What's new is he's working part-time at UPS loading trucks, which actually isn't a bad job. Wakes up at 2:30am though.

The highlight was him talking about Ivanka Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP_uO6fAsko&t=5725s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Erock tweeted that opie's show was not changing time slots

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Erock tweeted that opie's show was not changing time slots
Muscled out again! The treachery knows no end! When will Opie finally receive justice?

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

John Romero posted:

how did bobo do this morning whats new with him

It was Everything Bobo. It had: Awkward sexual roleplay, mispronounced words, sentences with words in the wrong order, dog talk, and impressions of Jim's impressions. It was a good and fun radio segment.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

jerkstoresup posted:

I tuned in to see if they mention anything about the Opie situation and I they didn't from what I heard. Was pretty funny if you enjoy Bobo, and who doesn't? What's new is he's working part-time at UPS loading trucks, which actually isn't a bad job. Wakes up at 2:30am though.

The highlight was him talking about Ivanka Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP_uO6fAsko&t=5725s

Doesn't that still provide health insurance? Maybe he can get his dick fixed.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
If he's a full-time employee then yea, it's a union job with good benefits. But it sounded like he's part-time.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

jerkstoresup posted:

If he's a full-time employee then yea, it's a union job with good benefits. But it sounded like he's part-time.

Not so!

http://www.teamsterscare.com/active-members-2/ups-part-time-benefits/

He gets health insurance on top of a few other things. He even gets behavioral health care as well, which could come in useful for him.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Jimmy hasn't talked to Opie since September. drat!

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Apoplexy posted:

Jimmy hasn't talked to Opie since September. drat!

Good.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://soundcloud.com/user-508388738/tit-em-up-opie-radio-diss

:drat:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

what up schnoodle gang

rip fez

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

haha this is actually pretty well done

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
This was way better than I was expecting

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.

It's gone. Boo.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Buffalo squeeze posted:

It's gone. Boo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u71j9TD8-_Y

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Opie had it removed from Soundcloud and Youtube. :roflolmao:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What was it?

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
A diss track of Opie in the style of Hit em up. Schnoodle gang.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Wait on what grounds could you have it removed? Especially from Soundcloud?

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Morter posted:

Wait on what grounds could you have it removed? Especially from Soundcloud?

quote:

My hot new single "Tit 'Em Up" (Opie Radio Diss) was removed from SoundCloud for "violating an individual's right of privacy/publicity without their prior consent."!

So it looks like Opie really wants beef? I told him that "Tit 'Em Up" was just the warning shot and he better keep his head on a swivel.. Y'all let the Notorius T.I.T know that Wigger Rich bout to come for him and his pussy rear end crew.. Vic Henley, Fat Tongue, Chris D, Hoagie Boy -- all you cupcake boys bout to get served up by #SchnoodleGang

Until the next track drops, y'all can still hear "Tit 'Em Up" at: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u71j9TD8-_Y

*UPDATE: Looks like it was removed from YouTube for "Bullying".. so are they going to remove 2Pac's "Hit 'Em Up" too? And the other 2 billion diss tracks on YouTube.. it's my 1st admendment right to crush this bald titty bitch's soul.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Holy poo poo, Opie is the biggest bitch in the world.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xs0dz4crc66mqan/T%2At+Em+Up.mp3

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 15, 2017

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Call Me Charlie posted:

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Call Me Charlie posted:

thank you sir. I knew I shoulda DLed the first time you linked it. This must be preserved for future generations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Is Opie about to discover the Streissand effect?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

beep by grandpa posted:

gently caress I hope so

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i'm the grown adult man crying into my pillow because someone did a funny song on line

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
"Schnoodle gang" is my favorite thing ever.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Lovechop posted:

i'm the grown adult man crying into my pillow because someone did a funny song on line

A shock jock who has stomped on a homeless person's cake, forcibly shaved an elderly woman bald and made a mentally retarded person believe that he was being sent to jail, just had a parody video of him removed because he felt it was bullying...

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Droopy Goines posted:

A shock jock who has stomped on a homeless person's cake, forcibly shaved an elderly woman bald and made a mentally retarded person believe that he was being sent to jail, just had a parody video of him removed because he felt it was bullying...

Almost sounds like he has Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

piratepilates posted:

Almost sounds like he has Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Name a big time radio guy who doesn't.

e: Not to stick up for Opie he's an rear end.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Some of the guys back on the talk radio station back home were reasonable and I remember one of them was downright humble. But this was also going on 10 to 20 years ago, anyone sticking around for dying radio at this point instead of going to a podcast or something has got to be off kilter

Tr33
May 26, 2007

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Bangton

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

Be funnier if he didn't. He has a mutant power to evade fame and it's hilarious that whenever you think he's going to get famous for something he somehow doesn't. Like the Clinton Campaign using bits from the show for a commercial and Opie having to tweet at them to attempt to gain recognition. Opie deserves a solid beatdown, but to the world at large he's just another loser shockjock that simply isn't recognizable. He's not even on a level of Bob & Tom.

CrashCat posted:

Some of the guys back on the talk radio station back home were reasonable and I remember one of them was downright humble. But this was also going on 10 to 20 years ago, anyone sticking around for dying radio at this point instead of going to a podcast or something has got to be off kilter

Yeah, radio is an interesting example of how a very big media outlet has now essentially died and the side effects from that. You have a lot of technical people still doing their work, a lot of on-air talent that has either disappeared, retired, or simply vanished, and a handful of people who simply don't get why they're no longer famous nor popular and can't come to terms with it and keep getting more and more pathetic.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Be funnier if he didn't. He has a mutant power to evade fame and it's hilarious that whenever you think he's going to get famous for something he somehow doesn't. Like the Clinton Campaign using bits from the show for a commercial and Opie having to tweet at them to attempt to gain recognition. Opie deserves a solid beatdown, but to the world at large he's just another loser shockjock that simply isn't recognizable. He's not even on a level of Bob & Tom.

It's hysterical and also really sad and strange that Anthony is reaching a larger audience than he has in over a decade by guest-hosting InfoWars (double hilarious considering how him and the boys used to talk about alex jones) and Opie just continues to reduce his audience and become even more irrelevant

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Under the vegetable posted:

It's hysterical and also really sad and strange that Anthony is reaching a larger audience than he has in over a decade by guest-hosting InfoWars (double hilarious considering how him and the boys used to talk about alex jones) and Opie just continues to reduce his audience and become even more irrelevant

Eh, it's two different forms of sad. Opie a pathetic never-was who managed to get a few breaks (XFL, Son of Sam Scandal) that translated into jackshit, and who mistakes his show as being entertainment when it's really a cheap rest stop for cheap promotion.

Ant realized the futility of this on some level but choked when he was trying to make his own way in podcasts. Everything he's done since July 2014 has been one bad move after another, culminating in losing his sideline, rushing into his next gig, self-sabotaging his own attempt at a network, and losing talent left and right due to a lack of vision and management skill. His attempt to break into right-wing media is doomed simply because it's oversaturated with no-names as it is and many of them are true believers that trump (no pun intended) his casual comic persona. Ant could have also been a solid comedian in his own right but his bigotry and drinking have dulled that edge down to jack-loving-poo poo and have destroyed any chances of a solid career. Yeah, he has Ron Bennington and Jimmy over occasionally, but the last three years have really finished what the drinking and racism have started, and getting into fights with the tattered remains of the O&A fanbase have pretty much ended whatever good the show had left.

Not to wail on Ant too much -- Opie is worse comparatively -- but neither of the Boys have come out of 2014 even remotely well. They're just sad old men grasping onto a dying industry who hosed up and now are getting a dose of reality they haven't had in quite a few years.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/AnthonyCumia/status/831954401724137476

???

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

This is loving hilarious.

Rest in Peace Fez Whatley

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Eh, it's two different forms of sad. Opie a pathetic never-was who managed to get a few breaks (XFL, Son of Sam Scandal) that translated into jackshit, and who mistakes his show as being entertainment when it's really a cheap rest stop for cheap promotion.

Ant realized the futility of this on some level but choked when he was trying to make his own way in podcasts. Everything he's done since July 2014 has been one bad move after another, culminating in losing his sideline, rushing into his next gig, self-sabotaging his own attempt at a network, and losing talent left and right due to a lack of vision and management skill. His attempt to break into right-wing media is doomed simply because it's oversaturated with no-names as it is and many of them are true believers that trump (no pun intended) his casual comic persona. Ant could have also been a solid comedian in his own right but his bigotry and drinking have dulled that edge down to jack-loving-poo poo and have destroyed any chances of a solid career. Yeah, he has Ron Bennington and Jimmy over occasionally, but the last three years have really finished what the drinking and racism have started, and getting into fights with the tattered remains of the O&A fanbase have pretty much ended whatever good the show had left.

Not to wail on Ant too much -- Opie is worse comparatively -- but neither of the Boys have come out of 2014 even remotely well. They're just sad old men grasping onto a dying industry who hosed up and now are getting a dose of reality they haven't had in quite a few years.

Sorry dude your internet crapped out. What did you say?

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Another Opie diss track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
It's loving beautiful. :golfclap: