Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Hy_C posted:

Capcom is a company run by retards that will never do this as much as I want them to.

They already have though and it's even a Chinagame. You could be playing Monster Hunter Online right now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Unhappy Meal posted:

They already have though and it's even a Chinagame. You could be playing Monster Hunter Online right now!

Floaty as poo poo game that barely handles like normal monster hunter at all

Also they encrypt the language files now and last I checked into it nobody broke the encryption so the unofficial language pack doesn't even work anymore so gently caress a whole lotta that

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Monster hunter on PC exists, it's called God Eater and has more anime than you can shake a stick at :v:

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

eonwe posted:

if there was a monster hunter on pc id play it a lot probs

Toukiden 2 releases on PC in March
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw9bMsyKzSY

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Monster hunter on PC exists, it's called God Eater and has more anime than you can shake a stick at :v:

From what I've played of God Eater so far it's.... anime yep

It's also not particularly good

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
what kind of stick are we talking here

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

angerbeet posted:

goD bEating stick?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

angerbeet posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwM0Nm4XKGg

anime
is
real

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Well this is interesting
https://mmos.com/news/snail-games-usa-acquired-studio-wildcard-developer-of-ark-in-december-2015

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Hahahahaha what is even going on

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Another game for them to mismanage

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Haquer posted:

Floaty as poo poo game that barely handles like normal monster hunter at all

Also they encrypt the language files now and last I checked into it nobody broke the encryption so the unofficial language pack doesn't even work anymore so gently caress a whole lotta that

Why would they encrypt the language files?

"Oh no, someone overseas is paying money to play our game! We must put a stop to this atrocity at once!

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

every so often i open mmo hmo and i see posts in this thread and i have fond memories of BATMAN SQUAD with grithok and friends and playing really lovely pve dungeons and having other guilds cheat to beat us in pvp.

so what do you guys actually play in here now? :v: that tiger knight game looks pretty fun.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
The bad games crew still plays random bad games together.

When we played BDO, we created two guilds. One called goontang to get all the idiots and another called parks and rec for bad games crew.

Most of us though just play random bad games and are always waiting for a good game to hit steam. It will never happen.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Third World Reggin posted:

The bad games crew still plays random bad games together.

When we played BDO, we created two guilds. One called goontang to get all the idiots and another called parks and rec for bad games crew.

Most of us though just play random bad games and are always waiting for a good game to hit steam. It will never happen.

There are no good games, only an endless cycle of bad decisions and wasted time made enjoyable by the company you share them with.

Tiger knight looks radical as gently caress though.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Archonex posted:

Why would they encrypt the language files?

"Oh no, someone overseas is paying money to play our game! We must put a stop to this atrocity at once!

Honestly? No loving clue

via reddit:

quote:

EDIT July 1st, 2016:
Due to the latest expansion, 2.0, released recently, TeamHD has encountered some issues that will hinder progress on the patch. /u/MHKogath of TeamHD informs:
We are well aware that you are all waiting for the next release of Team HD's Monster Hunter Online English patch. We thank you for your patience, but we have a problem regarding the the next version of the patch. As of Expansion 2.0, Tencent has fully protected their files with new ENCRYPTION, which makes us unable to access and work on it. Unfortunately, we'll have to go on a temporary hiatus until we can find a way to access these files and update the patch.

But seriously, Tencent hosed a ton of people out of playing who don't want to decipher moon runes to hunt monsters. Not even the Japanese ran one did this (although they'll ban you if you're a foreigner I think?)

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haquer posted:

But seriously, Tencent hosed a ton of people out of playing who don't want to decipher moon runes to hunt monsters. Not even the Japanese ran one did this (although they'll ban you if you're a foreigner I think?)

I think a gibbering horde of players most of the people can't understand is like having free interactive AI on the server. Also that other game is anime.

StorGondul
Apr 28, 2014
So what rendition of chinagame are you all playing now? Its been a very sad life without chienma yelling racist dirty goon dogs for so long.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

StorGondul posted:

So what rendition of chinagame are you all playing now? Its been a very sad life without chienma yelling racist dirty goon dogs for so long.

Pre-doctoral work, I've been grinding job shadowing for months but I have to wait for the decision of my chosen graduate programs. :smith:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

StorGondul posted:

There's a couple people on dead as gently caress Wulin (who will argue with you that it's totally not dead guys stop saying that so what if only a couple hundred people play) and I'm not sure anyone stuck with moonlight blade or anything so :shrug:

Chinagame is dead long live chinagame

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I got into Moonlight Blade for a little bit but I quit because of moonrunes. Is that why you all quit and will you return for English version? Apparently they're not cutting/"westernizing" content.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Moonrunes actually kept me playing longer than I would have otherwise. Translating them was its own little game. I stopped because of lack of goon guild, and falling behind the curve without being able to tell if the game was too grindy, or I was just doing something wrong. I guess the lag didn't help either.

I'd play again in english with goons, but if the game really is just grindy and they never changed that, I'd probably stop again pretty quick.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Pavlov posted:

Moonrunes actually kept me playing longer than I would have otherwise. Translating them was its own little game. I stopped because of lack of goon guild, and falling behind the curve without being able to tell if the game was too grindy, or I was just doing something wrong. I guess the lag didn't help either.

I'd play again in english with goons, but if the game really is just grindy and they never changed that, I'd probably stop again pretty quick.

Wushu was already pretty grindy for my taste and it was railroaded to gently caress. Problem is they kept adding in more and more content to you needed to do every week to be competitive in PvP and it ended up taking a decent chunk of time just for character upkeep so gently caress that

If I want grind I'll just stick to monster hunter

https://i.imgur.com/bFhlpo1l.jpg

Pictured: grindy as gently caress weapon and armor set that I won't get killed by a p2w in, just rear end in a top hat monsters with stun lock combos :negative:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How much trouble is it to play AoW if you want to just run up and gank random assholes instead of being part of the ~pro elite~ PVP scene?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Depends on the server I guess, they seem to do newer servers every now and then and I'm in the middle of typing this sentence and having script stealing flashbacks and feel like I need to warn you away from chinagame.exe

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

How much trouble is it to play AoW if you want to just run up and gank random assholes instead of being part of the ~pro elite~ PVP scene?

The trouble as the server winded down as that all that was left was the pay2wins and the stallbots :(

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Thats the big problem, nobody left but those guys. There were also serious hacks/exploits that were kept secret for years and only recently patched. Stuff like summoning world bosses and calling skills to one-shot them, forcing cultivation into skills, etc.

If you played back in the day, run around enjoy the music and take in the nostalgia for a bit. I had a good 3 months or so doing that. Otherwise you're better off not getting involved.

angerbeet posted:

Depends on the server I guess, they seem to do newer servers every now and then and I'm in the middle of typing this sentence and having script stealing flashbacks and feel like I need to warn you away from chinagame.exe

Speaking of that, they relaunched white tiger server for some reason if you want to play on a fresh-ish server. Heard from steam friends that you couldn't buy VIP or cash shop stuff or something, but that may have been fixed.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

e: wrong thread.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

If you just want the dopamine from character progression, matured servers are great; markets are flush with cheap stuff and everything is already unlocked. You can join xu family manor and eat quick-levelling pills until you get 10K rep (about a week of dailies) and then move on to any other faction or school.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Wasn't there a story were our characters had to avenge the murder of their entire family but it got dropped?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Wasn't there a story were our characters had to avenge the murder of their entire family but it got dropped?

DIDN'T YOU EAT?

StorGondul
Apr 28, 2014
it really sucks snail had to go gently caress wushu so hard. that game was some of the best times ive had playing any mmo. I logged in recently to see how it was going and teppi was still mad at me and still couldnt manage to 1 combo me before i ran to base regardless of being behind even before we left. rip chinagame it will be missed.

Neith
Feb 16, 2013

Haquer posted:

Wushu was already pretty grindy for my taste and it was railroaded to gently caress. Problem is they kept adding in more and more content to you needed to do every week to be competitive in PvP and it ended up taking a decent chunk of time just for character upkeep so gently caress that

If I want grind I'll just stick to monster hunter

https://i.imgur.com/bFhlpo1l.jpg

Pictured: grindy as gently caress weapon and armor set that I won't get killed by a p2w in, just rear end in a top hat monsters with stun lock combos :negative:

True that.

If we had a good private server that just left it, as is with second internals, I would've stayed for a long rear end time.

Neith fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Feb 25, 2017

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Neith posted:

True that.

If we had a good private server that just left it, as is with second internals, I would've stayed for a long rear end time.

I would say 3rd internal, No ancient styles. 2nd internal is way too much "Tangmen golden Age" to my taste. Set Skill gain to X2 and reset the servers every 3 months so people can get the "new server rush" euphoria, mix up alliances and try other schools.

Maybe Age of Wushu 2 will be good ?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

aleksendr posted:

I would say 3rd internal, No ancient styles. 2nd internal is way too much "Tangmen golden Age" to my taste. Set Skill gain to X2 and reset the servers every 3 months so people can get the "new server rush" euphoria, mix up alliances and try other schools.

Maybe Age of Wushu 2 will be good ?

7:49 AM - Cookie 幸运饼: wushu2 is a survival game too <3
7:50 AM - Haquer™ :^]: yeah how is that going to work
7:51 AM - Cookie 幸运饼: i dunno they only let us play every other weekend and make major changes between versions
7:51 AM - Cookie 幸运饼: esp since a lot of the stuff they had at the start was just waaaaay to extreme
7:51 AM - Cookie 幸运饼: although i enjoyed the concept of cageing away ppl after incapacitating them
7:52 AM - Cookie 幸运饼: knock out cmk and put him away for 5 hours in our own guildbase!

I wouldn't get your hopes up

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Haquer posted:

7:49 AM - Cookie 幸运饼: wushu2 is a survival game too <3
7:50 AM - Haquer™ :^]: yeah how is that going to work
7:51 AM - Cookie 幸运饼: i dunno they only let us play every other weekend and make major changes between versions
7:51 AM - Cookie 幸运饼: esp since a lot of the stuff they had at the start was just waaaaay to extreme
7:51 AM - Cookie 幸运饼: although i enjoyed the concept of cageing away ppl after incapacitating them
7:52 AM - Cookie 幸运饼: knock out cmk and put him away for 5 hours in our own guildbase!

I wouldn't get your hopes up

Hope is spring eternal and In the end every cherry blossom is perfect.

But i like the part about "they only let us play every other weekend and make major changes between versions" sound like its a real beta test and not just a disguised marketing plan of stagered release for max money.

An asian themed Conan Exiles with kung-fu could be nice if they dont go overboard with the P2W and Grind (they wont)

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

aleksendr posted:

Hope is spring eternal and In the end every cherry blossom is perfect.

But i like the part about "they only let us play every other weekend and make major changes between versions" sound like its a real beta test and not just a disguised marketing plan of stagered release for max money.

An asian themed Conan Exiles with kung-fu could be nice if they dont go overboard with the P2W and Grind (they wont)

That's not a real beta test. That's a real alpha test.

Digital Decay
Dec 16, 2007
Reiteration #6,637,776,216
If Wushu 2 takes a few pointers from For Honor's fighting system and makes it more aggressive and also somehow work in larger scale fights that would work for me. That system already has some goose step and a Rage meter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Digital Decay posted:

For Honor's fighting system

:chloe: