Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

you can easily play w/ a friend using hamachi and whatnot, but server stuff is messy. there was a ~goon~ version with working servers but it's lost to time

eastern sun goon realm is back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

new season of path of exile starts today :)

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Y'all should be playing Eastern Sun on the private goon realm, goontopia.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
or vanilla d2, ladder's still somewhat fresh though high stuff is starting to get botted up pretty hard

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bobnumerotres posted:

new season of path of exile starts today :)

Wot's the gimmick.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

Wot's the gimmick.

you will run into space rifts and they summon space demons, if you kill enough within the rift a space demon boss will show up and you have to hit it as much as you can for a loot explosion. also essences from the league that just passed are in for good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

also the game supports dx11 and runs way better now

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this league just started a few hours ago and theres people in mid-merciless already wtf lol

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

qnqnx posted:

iirc they're going to eventually cut out cruel along adding act 5, of 10 planned acts.

awesome

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

this league just started a few hours ago and theres people in mid-merciless already wtf lol

Yeah this game has some insane people who play it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bobnumerotres posted:

its actually not super hard to play thru that fast if you want to. i havent done it but its less about being super good at the game and more just knowing when to kill stuff and when to just run past bad guys

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I started an Essence Drain+Contagion Witch without a care about going fast, see ya in Merciless in about a month.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

NPC quests were streamlined quite a bit, now the assassin and other "go do quest and run back to me" NPCs just teleport to where you are once you're successful, so no more pointless running through a dungeon for crafter quests.

if catarina asks you to bring minions back to her, now the minions burst into piles of loot so there's an actual incentive to do it beyond master xp grinding.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

NPC quests were streamlined quite a bit, now the assassin and other "go do quest and run back to me" NPCs just teleport to where you are once you're successful, so no more pointless running through a dungeon for crafter quests.

if catarina asks you to bring minions back to her, now the minions burst into piles of loot so there's an actual incentive to do it beyond master xp grinding.

I like that they keep taking things I hate about the game and fixing them

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i got to act 2 merc and the breach mobs are getting totally crazy. this is like half the stuff that dropped from one breach

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

*vomits*

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Bobnumerotres posted:

i got to act 2 merc and the breach mobs are getting totally crazy. this is like half the stuff that dropped from one breach

You can put on a filter. It'll hide all the chaff, and it's customizable ingame.

https://github.com/NeverSinkDev/NeverSink-Filter/releases

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

Using vaal cyclone in a breach then again as soon as it ends... :discourse:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
having played a lot of these recently thanks to this thread, it makes me think that something with a combat engine like D3's where each game takes max of an hour, and the combat is super fast paced would be fun. something like crimsonland in terms of perk progression, but with traditional ARPG click based sword and sorcery combat.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

you will run into space rifts and they summon space demons, if you kill enough within the rift a space demon boss will show up and you have to hit it as much as you can for a loot explosion. also essences from the league that just passed are in for good

dope. essences are fuckin cool

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Bobnumerotres posted:

you definitely need a filter. i use ziggyd's because it sticks pretty close to the default colors http://ziggyd.tv/featured/ziggyds-loot-filter/

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremely steampunk posted:

you definitely need a filter. i use ziggyd's because it sticks pretty close to the default colors http://ziggyd.tv/featured/ziggyds-loot-filter/

just downloaded this, how have i not been using this all these years lol. game is much neater looking now

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

If you log into the path of exile website today you can get a free mystery box. Merry Christmas from ggg

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremely steampunk posted:

If you log into the path of exile website today you can get a free mystery box. Merry Christmas from ggg

thanks for the heads up

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I was looking forward to Tides of Numenara but the early access reviews aren't giving me high hopes. I got a feeling it's gonna be another MN9.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

jesus christ lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i wish the endgame wasn't so insanely strict about resists so i could use this lol. the penalties are so tedious to deal with, if you're below 70% to anything you may as well be naked

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

i wish the endgame wasn't so insanely strict about resists so i could use this lol. the penalties are so tedious to deal with, if you're below 70% to anything you may as well be naked
That sounds like a boring way to design a game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

That sounds like a boring way to design a game.

frankly its one of the main faults of the game, that and the inventory tetris with 50 different types of money. it doesn't start rearing its head until late hell mode, but man. it sucks finding a really good piece of armor and you have to toss it because that slot currently has +38% cold res you absolutely need

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

frankly its one of the main faults of the game, that and the inventory tetris with 50 different types of money. it doesn't start rearing its head until late hell mode, but man. it sucks finding a really good piece of armor and you have to toss it because that slot currently has +38% cold res you absolutely need

I stash a bunch of two stone rings and other rings with two or more resist for this same reason

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't even build life on my skill build a lot of the time, because I'm a SC baby but also because it's more fun than playing smart

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFAPw_F3jyg
Hype

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hell yeah!!!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

march 3rd there's gonna be a big content patch and a legacy league to give players something to chew on, the mega expansion will be out mid-may. the game will have 10 loving acts lol and no more difficulty settings.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

extremebuff posted:

march 3rd there's gonna be a big content patch and a legacy league to give players something to chew on, the mega expansion will be out mid-may. the game will have 10 loving acts lol and no more difficulty settings.

10????

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I could barely make it through 3 lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Yeah I could barely make it through 3 lol

you made the error of waiting for imps to be online

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

How they made 6 more acts when it took, a really long time to just do act 4.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theyve been working on this since 2015, and have way more money now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like PoE, but got sort of disenchanted and quit when my character mechanically could not beat the labyrinth boss and i realized i'd just wasted a few hours. i guess i could've ground past it, but that felt shameful.

• Locked thread