Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Really hope that when we get to radiant's cast I can windmill slam mufasa into a murder pit and have him coming back for more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
On unit relevance don't forget they're going to be add support and pair-up systems later which could dramatically alter the game balance.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Ohtsam posted:

On unit relevance don't forget they're going to be add support and pair-up systems later which could dramatically alter the game balance.

I kinda doubt they'll do pair ups. My bet is that they make skill scrolls a thing but you might need to melt down a unit that has the skill in question, want a close counter Kagero? You can have one if you smelt a Takumi!

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Kyte posted:

Tier 3 is higher than Tier 2, dude.

I assume you get promoted when you rank.

I got promoted despite not ranking, so that's not it...

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
a pair-up system would be a really great way to add more units to the field without having to have more than 4 units under player control on the map at a time

even if it was just a lame junction system where it just granted stat boosts it would be a good incentive to keep a very large stable of leveled up characters

OddObserver posted:

I got promoted despite not ranking, so that's not it...

I bet the tiers advance every week you participate in PVP as a means of segregating new players from long time players.

that would be a really good way to go about it imo

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Feb 14, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I would enjoy the gently caress out of cross-game supports if they came with conversations instead of just mechanical bonuses

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cheetah7071 posted:

The second banner will be the parent/child banner, with Hector/Lilina/Finn/Nanna

hector as a focus character tonight would be pretty funny. Just because of all of the ridiculous whales I'm hitting in the arena with 1-2 level 40+ hectors.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
I will spend every dollar in the known universe to get L'Arachel if they add her tomorrow

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
My default expectation is that they're adding exactly four new characters every 2 weeks.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Clarste posted:

My default expectation is that they're adding exactly four new characters every 2 weeks.

I'm curious as to how different the new characters are. It will be interesting to see the scale of power creep.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Support conversations would be a good thing, IMO

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
on one hand i want seth

on the other hand i want ced

on both hands i need henry with every fiber of my being

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Henry sounds so dumb in this one I was pretty disappointed. Just lousy lines and not enough puns.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Anyone else having issues with needing to redownload the 400 mb update inconsistently?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ubiquitus posted:

Anyone else having issues with needing to redownload the 400 mb update inconsistently?

I've heard that this is an issue having to do with playing on a rooted device

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Rascyc posted:

Henry sounds so dumb in this one I was pretty disappointed. Just lousy lines and not enough puns.

n-no!!

THAT'S NOT TRUE!

THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

I've heard that this is an issue having to do with playing on a rooted device

I'm on iOS, and I haven't had my phone jailbroken in quite a while :(

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Ubiquitus posted:

I'm on iOS, and I haven't had my phone jailbroken in quite a while :(

Try to clear cache and download again. Use the menu button when you start the game.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I quite like how the arena maps have are different this week. Anyway the trick to really getting up there in the rankings is minimizing how many characters die during your win chain.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Hunt11 posted:

I quite like how the arena maps have are different this week. Anyway the trick to really getting up there in the rankings is minimizing how many characters die during your win chain.

After that gets perfected, it is about maximizing the stats of the units you send.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Stephen9001 posted:

EDIT: Hmm... just tried to buy a small amount of orbs, says I need to log into my google play account, and no matter how many time I press okay that message just come back up. Unsure if this is related to what made me have to use Nox and download the apk and use it manually in the first place. I suppose not being able to throw away my money on a dumb gacha game isn't' the worst thing in the world, probably a blessing.

Quoting because no one responded to this. Anyone got any idea what may be going on with this?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Stephen9001 posted:

Quoting because no one responded to this. Anyone got any idea what may be going on with this?
You have an Nintendo account right? You could just unload the game, reinstall it from the Play Store and then try again.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

ChronoReverse posted:

You have an Nintendo account right? You could just unload the game, reinstall it from the Play Store and then try again.

Part of the problem is why I had to install from the apk in the first place, for some reason, at one point the play store just started saying "your device is incompatible with this version" and so I've been stuck using the apk whenever the 803 error crops up. I mean, even if this means I can never buy orbs, I'm not going to complain too much since I can still play the game, I just find it weird and annoying.

Anyway, I have to sleep now, bye for now guys.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 15, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Zotix posted:

Yeah I know. God forbid the game puts the player at a disadvantage where you basically instantly lose and then the stamina costs are so high it'll be 3 trainings every 4h.

Don't worry, there's plenty of instant losses to be had, since the enemies love to RNG abilities to create things like 50+atk Hectors with 40+ def and 35+ spd/res, capable of one-shotting same level red units since he'll double most opponents.

Rascyc posted:

Have you actually tried half these in practice?

I can't help but wonder what kind of person thinks Nino's good. Unless she gets some crazy stat growths as a 5* unit she's mediocre at best, even when not considering how common red units are right now. I'd sooner work on an archer (Jeorg) than invest feathers in to Nino.

sassassin posted:

The Japanese version of Dokkan Battle is absurdly generous with its currencies during special events that seem to run pretty much back to back.

The global version... less so.

Japan is hands down the most lucrative and competitive mobile market on the planet when it comes to revenue per user on average. Sometimes a game will stay similarly generous to their global market (FFRK does a decent job at this) but there's no good reason to look at Japan as a metric for what non-Japanese markets should get for free. Dokkan Battle being much more generous to its Japanese players is in no way at odds with the fact that they want said players' money and will be as generous as they feel they can to make it happen.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Nino has an incredibly powerful weapon and useful active and passive abilities. She adds a lot of damage to your team and Draw Back plus a Dancer is a very strong hit and run combo. She also has Lucina-tier speed with Takumi-tier attack so she can chew through most any low res units even without WTA, and she'll be a good unit to have available whenever we slip into a blue meta.

Philip Rivers fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Feb 15, 2017

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

I can't help but wonder what kind of person thinks Nino's good. Unless she gets some crazy stat growths as a 5* unit she's mediocre at best, even when not considering how common red units are right now. I'd sooner work on an archer (Jeorg) than invest feathers in to Nino.

For a 4* she seems to be easily one of the best green glass cannons. Plus with a couple of characters that boost stats (doesn't matter which), damage basically one-shots anyone.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Nino's ability is really useful because she's iirc the only 2 range unit with Draw Back.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I'll wait to see what we get in the new banners, but I'm leaning towards promoting either my +Atk/-Def Camilla or my -HP/+Res Kagero. I really wish I hadn't gotten four 5* reds, but at least they were all good units. I'm still desperately seeking a blue or gray for the 4th slot, because Est is basically just a Shove bot that every now and then murders a hurt Armored unit. Kagero could take her place, but I'm not sure she shines without an Olivia or Azura.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Didn't know the chase characters could roll lower stars. Got happy for a second when Robin's little animated cut scene plays and then I get a three star version.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Sophism posted:

I'll wait to see what we get in the new banners, but I'm leaning towards promoting either my +Atk/-Def Camilla or my -HP/+Res Kagero. I really wish I hadn't gotten four 5* reds, but at least they were all good units. I'm still desperately seeking a blue or gray for the 4th slot, because Est is basically just a Shove bot that every now and then murders a hurt Armored unit. Kagero could take her place, but I'm not sure she shines without an Olivia or Azura.

Kagero is a fine gray ranged attacker without any support. Certainly miles above Est in every category.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
Nowi worth thinking about upgrading to 5 or would 4 be sufficient for most purposes?

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Oil of Paris posted:

Nowi worth thinking about upgrading to 5 or would 4 be sufficient for most purposes?

Kind of depends on what the rest of your team is. Shes kind of a gatekeeper in arena right now (the do you have Hector? check) because of how the meta is, but it's really hard to say in the long run. Corrin may be more viable over time. Nowi will probably be decent for a while, but it really depends on if youre starved for blue magic or how much arena you do.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 15, 2017

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Evil Fluffy posted:

nino''s real loving good right now; draw back is an insane ability for kiting teams and olivia + nino can kite standard movement units forever

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Oil of Paris posted:

I think Nowi may be worth leaving at 4.

http://feheroes.wiki/Nowi

her weapon does not gain any new abilities it did not already have, and the only new level of a skill she gets is a piddly +1 Defense. Only reason to promote Nowi to 5* is base stats and a small damage increase.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
What's the deal with Kagero? I just got a 4* one. Is the advantage against Infantry really that big of a boost that she's up there with Ol' Pineapple Head?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I wouldn't upgrade literally anyone until we see what's being released tonight

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Kind of depends on what the rest of your team is. Shes kind of a gatekeeper in arena right now because of how the meta is, but it's really hard to say in the long run. Corrin may be more viable over time. Nowi will probably be decent for a while, but it really depends on if youre starved for blue magic or how much arena you do.

I have Robin so I'm not really sweating Big Boy Blues but some of the nerdy tier lists online rate her as really exceptional, so I wanted to see whether she might supplant him or what. Seems like she gets her useful powers at 4 and you're really upgrading for extra damage

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Mirthless posted:

her weapon does not gain any new abilities it did not already have, and the only new level of a skill she gets is a piddly +1 Defense. Only reason to promote Nowi to 5* is base stats and a small damage increase.

+4 Mt isn't really a small amount

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
she one-shots linde

she one-shots linde

she one-shots linde

e: wow this thread can move fast, that was to the person asking about kagero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Mirthless posted:

Yep that's exactly what I was thinking. Thanks!!