Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Ineffiable posted:

Yeah that's fair, bosses can be more miss than hit in that one.

Sucks about the entire mission reset. That happens if you leave too right? That seems to be the downside of the mission structure compared to having an open world.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy that nioh is doing its own thing. But the stuff it does differently shows you the upsides or downsides of that compared to dark souls. Even nioh has its own flaws, like how you get so much more junk than dark souls but at the same time random stats means better weapon flexibility and builds.

Still would buy nioh 2 on day one.

I get junk all day in dark souls. Its way WAY worse in dark souls. 95% of the items don't fit my narrow DS build so they are out, if something is good its way underleveled and there is limited level up items so I have to waste finite resources on it. You are better served in Dark Souls by saying "I like straight swords" and googling what straight sword is best to use, because there is an answer. loot is not fun in Dark Souls. A purple drop in Nioh is exciting and able to be used right away.

On top of all that. The junk loot in Nioh is very valuable for leveling, leveling your items, or leveling your items another way, or money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Respeccing in Nioh is also cheap as gently caress.

Edit:
You can still quit the game mid level and not lose progress, by the way.

Same goes for Suspend Mode.

You have to actively destroy your progress and quit the level on your own.

Jack-Off Lantern fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 14, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

^^^How?

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Respeccing in Nioh is also cheap as gently caress.

Free from more then one side mission, first one you buy is pocket change. Pretty hard to make a broken build in Nioh anyway. The stats all cross over to other things. You only have to respect if you want to change main weapon, you cant break your character. (im sure you could if you really tried.)

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

Free from more then one side mission, first one you buy is pocket change. Pretty hard to make a broken build in Nioh anyway. The stats all cross over to other things. You only have to respect if you want to change main weapon, you cant break your character. (im sure you could if you really tried.)

Spirit Only.

I bet there is a weapon that only scales with spirit and your Living Weapon lasts the whole level at that point.

I'm just past the Vampire, but I like it so far. The only thing I dislike was the fist boss, the Vampire Chick was okay, if a bit fast.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Anyone used this:

https://tmacdev.com/forum/files/file/3-remote-play-pc-premium-alpha/

To stream to PC and then use a nonstandard controller? Basically I wanna use a Steam Controller with my PS4, and this seems like a simple alternative to shelling out $150 for a XIM4.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

PSN still down.

I just want to download Shadow Complex you assholes. :argh:
You could start the download from the webstore on your PC, at least.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Spirit Only.

I bet there is a weapon that only scales with spirit and your Living Weapon lasts the whole level at that point.

I'm just past the Vampire, but I like it so far. The only thing I dislike was the fist boss, the Vampire Chick was okay, if a bit fast.

You could still get armor that scales with spirit. and that levels magic at 1/3 of magic so you would have some magic skills despite yourself. Probably the easiest purposeful gimp though.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

You could still get armor that scales with spirit. and that levels magic at 1/3 of magic so you would have some magic skills despite yourself. Probably the easiest purposeful gimp though.

It doesn't give you Skillpoints as far as I can remember, does it?

Fuzz posted:

Anyone used this:

https://tmacdev.com/forum/files/file/3-remote-play-pc-premium-alpha/

To stream to PC and then use a nonstandard controller? Basically I wanna use a Steam Controller with my PS4, and this seems like a simple alternative to shelling out $150 for a XIM4.

Have you looked into other Brands? I remember Hama made some poo poo ones, but there must be decent ones for a non ripoff price.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

It doesn't give you Skillpoints as far as I can remember, does it?

I haven't touched magic and have like 20 points, might be all the hair I ate though. I just noticed it going up as I raise my pokemon trainer level.

Nioh is really good you guys. Its not "OMG SO HARD". game journalists are stupid.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Have you looked into other Brands? I remember Hama made some poo poo ones, but there must be decent ones for a non ripoff price.

There are others that are still more than :10bux:, but more importantly I'd prefer a XIM or something like this because I'd have the flexibility of being able to play with a Mouse and KB if I wanted to, as well, and if I were to use a Mouse + KB there wouldn't be any mouse acceleration and wonky feel to it like with the Hori Tac Pro and stuff like that.

I could also then just plug in a driving wheel or flightstick (which I already have) and manually bind it and use it in games, if I wanted to.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I meant XIM rip-off brands.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

You can't exit a mission part way, but if you're in a mission and you go to the menu and select exit to title, it saves your progress, exactly like it does in dark souls.

I think. I only ever do it at shrines, so it might not save your exact progress.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Snak posted:

You can't exit a mission part way, but if you're in a mission and you go to the menu and select exit to title, it saves your progress, exactly like it does in dark souls.

I think. I only ever do it at shrines, so it might not save your exact progress.

I see, that makes more sense. Theres the branch that makes you lose carried xp to warp out, that's all I know I could use when I forget to ammo up.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

The game also autosaves every few seconds, I had the power go out without ill effects

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I meant XIM rip-off brands.

Ahhh... looked into them, seems there's one by iOGear called the Keymander, but apparently the game support is garbage on most of the knockoffs? I feel like if I have to go the outside peripheral route, I'll just go XIM4 since it has a large userbase and a lot of support on the devside such that they're fine tuning profiles for every game within a few days of them coming out... I remember getting a janky PS3 mouse+kb which was great initially but then after like 6 months the devside support start really lagging behind games, and then another 6 months after that they basically discontinued all software support, there was a PS3 OS Update that broke the peripheral, and there was no way to get it working again and it turned into a fancy paperweight.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Bombadilillo posted:

I see, that makes more sense. Theres the branch that makes you lose carried xp to warp out, that's all I know I could use when I forget to ammo up.

There's an even better item that lets you out without losing anything, I think.

But really? why do you care about ammo so much? Yeah it's a bit annoying to not have any, but hardly a big deal. I guess I only use it to shoot snipers before they can harass me.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Something that isn't a big deal sounds like a perfect candidate for a quickly replenished consumable, imo.

Crows Turn Off posted:

You could start the download from the webstore on your PC, at least.

I had no idea this was possibly, holy poo poo.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Snak posted:

But really? why do you care about ammo so much? Yeah it's a bit annoying to not have any, but hardly a big deal. I guess I only use it to shoot snipers before they can harass me.

"Shoot the Yokai in the eye or horn" is a drat good strat so far

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Captain Yossarian posted:

"Shoot the Yokai in the eye or horn" is a drat good strat so far

Yeah, but you can also just hit them. Or you can throw a rock at them. You can break yokai horns with rocks.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Snak posted:

Yeah, but you can also just hit them. Or you can throw a rock at them. You can break yokai horns with rocks.

True. I guess I've gotten pretty good at nailing the horn or eye at distance, then closing for the "kill". Plus you can interrupt that cool chimera boss from anywhere in the arena

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I think I'm going to start renting games, there are a bunch of ps4 titles from the past year that I really want to play but I don't want to pay money for becuase i'll either be bored of them in a week (Battlefield 1, For Honor, The Divison, UFC2) or will sail through and finish promptly or play once and forget about (Dishonored 2, The Last Guardian, Far Cry Primal). Anyone have any experience with Boomerang Rentals in the UK? £11.99 for 1 game at a time/unlimited per month sounds pretty good.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Snak posted:

Cause Im a item based ninja and I shoot stuff a lot.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

I had no idea this was possibly, holy poo poo.
You should pretty much use the webstore for everything related to purchasing and downloading on your PS systems.

For example: If you have PS+ and you navigate the store on your PS4, you find the free PS4 games every month. However, if you have PS+ and you navigate it via the webstore, you will find the free PS4, PS3, and PSVita games every month.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Am I missing something, or is the (Nioh) Tachibana Muneshige optional boss insanely difficult?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I was cruising through the game and that was a sudden brick wall. It's pretty ridiculous and felt like he was cheating nonstop--constantly attacking with 0 ki, not getting prepped for a final blow even when he got hit at 0 ki, etc. It also revealed a lot of inconsistent bullshit with staggering, because apparently loving no one is capable of coding a game like this where staggering will actually make sense, so he'll go from getting staggered by 3 low stance light attacks in a row to suddenly shrugging off a mid stance heavy attack.

Was really enjoying the game before that point.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

King of Solomon posted:

Am I missing something, or is the (Nioh) Tachibana Muneshige optional boss insanely difficult?

I think its a come back later type of fight. You can just go back to the region whenever you want.

Or embrace the rock.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Goddamn, Uncharted 4 looks intensely awesome on the Pro. The Last Guardian running at a playable framerate is also a plus. I really hope they keep boost mode for the actual release of the next firmware.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

man nurse posted:

Goddamn, Uncharted 4 looks intensely awesome on the Pro. The Last Guardian running at a playable framerate is also a plus. I really hope they keep boost mode for the actual release of the next firmware.

The Last Guardian is already Pro enhanced and will ignore boost mode.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

8-bit Miniboss posted:

The Last Guardian is already Pro enhanced and will ignore boost mode.

I'm aware of that, and I know it won't raise the existing framerate cap of older games, either. But games like Until Dawn could desperately use a hand in maintaining their target framerate.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

King of Solomon posted:

There is another optional boss in the next area that is much, much easier to deal with. Trial by fire! He teaches you (or at least I learned) to not be greedy and only attack when it is safe and you have punished your opponent for overextending

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

man nurse posted:

I'm aware of that, and I know it won't raise the existing framerate cap of older games, either. But games like Until Dawn could desperately use a hand in maintaining their target framerate.

It does help with Until Dawn but still could do better.

https://youtu.be/BLFatxFg0nM?t=598

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It does help with Until Dawn but still could do better.

https://youtu.be/BLFatxFg0nM?t=598

Oh :(

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Bombadilillo posted:

I think its a come back later type of fight. You can just go back to the region whenever you want.

Or embrace the rock.

I probably should have done that. Instead I bashed my face against that wall until I beat him.

That boss feels like it requires you to play perfectly, because if you gently caress up at the wrong time you're just dead, immediately. If it dealt significantly less damage and had significantly less health it'd be really fun, though.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It's optional for a reason. It is really punishing, but it's to prepare you for what fighting human bosses is like, compared to yokai bosses. If you can't beat him, no problem. If you learn how to beat him, later human bosses won't be nearly as bad.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
hey all, with the recent sale for the PS4 slim for this week due to loving over the nintendo switch launch valentines day, on friday i will get my shipment of a PS4 slim with the new call of duty and final fantasy 15. where do i get my PS4 fanboy swag.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Cyron posted:

hey all, with the recent sale for the PS4 slim for this week due to loving over the nintendo switch launch valentines day, on friday i will get my shipment of a PS4 slim with the new call of duty and final fantasy 15. where do i get my PS4 fanboy swag.

https://twitter.com/JosephJBroni/status/831649606362603522

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I was going to link you to the unfortunately-titled playstation.greatnessexchange.com but I guess they ended that

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Pauperstation.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
PS4 Slo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

Ugh, I'm going to get poor-shamed into buying a pro, aren't I?