Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Favorite off-kilter romance scenes for Valentine's Day? Go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avf7waFFQBU

"What'd you do?"
"I bribed them to sing us a song that would drive us insane and make our hearts swell and burst."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

For Valentine's Day I attempted to buy a toilet. I failed.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
I took my wife to the doctors for bronchitis then we got in a fight.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

Wait where's this Dogbert article wigh Dildog

https://theoutline.com/post/1080/scott-adams-dilbert-blog-worst

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Toebone posted:

I took my wife to the doctors for bronchitis then we got in a fight.

Fist, knife, or gun?

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

FreudianSlippers posted:

Fist, knife, or gun?

Politics

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Toebone posted:

Politics

which one of you was wrong and which one of you was advocating for Full Communism Now?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DC Murderverse posted:

which one of you was wrong and which one of you was advocating for Full Communism Now?

I think you mean which of you was advocating for a stateless society

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

This post is a tautology.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FreudianSlippers posted:

This post is a tautology.

Suck a dick bougie scum

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Warlord society or bust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej83QvHuiNI

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Feb 15, 2017

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

How did you know

Edit: we made up

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Suck a dick bougie scum

Sucking another dude's dick is a revolutionary act. Heterosexuality is the opiate of the masses.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Death By The Blues posted:

So uhhhh poutine still good.

Did you ever get your stupid hot dog?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

it's a little overly 2edgy for my tastes but I dig what it's going for

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Did you ever get your stupid hot dog?

Yes Yes I did.

Also, need to market and develop editerall, adderall for the unfocused film maker.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Egbert Souse posted:

Treated myself to the Houston Museum of Fine Arts before flying home since I'm here for my job and I wrapped up early yesterday.

Bust of Caligula:

Skull Pot:

They had a Damien Hirst piece among the usual Van Gogh, Cezanne, Monet, Modigliani, Picasso, etc. stuff

Going to LA for the first time ever next week for a seminar. :cool:

I love the Houston art museum, I'm glad you got to check it out. Last year they had an incredibly good exhibit on 70's experimental Japanese art that had a bunch of super punk protest art in it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

He's got the whole what do I do with my life thing going before Leslie comes to him

Not knowing what do while being rich isn't exactly a huge problem.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I love the Houston art museum, I'm glad you got to check it out. Last year they had an incredibly good exhibit on 70's experimental Japanese art that had a bunch of super punk protest art in it.
Houston has a surprisingly good set of museums. I grew up going to the Museum of Natural Science pretty regularly and it's still one of my favorites. I think the last time I went was back when they had the Magna Carta in town. I should go back soon, that dinosaur exhibit is one of the best I've seen. They've got three goddamned t-rexes. :allears:

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
So I saw the movie 20th Century Women. I was enjoying it, but for some reason something about the finale just hit me in a certain way and made me sob. I couldn't stop myself.

Then I saw the name 'Joe Pancake' in the credits and it made me laugh.

Thank you, Joe Pancake.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Two cuts of the same video:

Long
https://youtu.be/7Jn38lg5euU
Short
https://youtu.be/-EyNsyAQfu8

The title is a pun that can't really be translated into English so I doubt the humour works for any of you but which version flows better.

These are both pretty rough cuts. For example I'm going to add another shitload of sounds to the longest shot

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Feb 15, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Who says you can't find true love online?

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Why are hipsters so down with Halal?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The better question is why a straight guy with a gimmick profile liked me on okcupid.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Yeah, you know them.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

DC Murderverse posted:

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

You can have both

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Either to earn cred for being open-minded/multicultural or because they think it's a reliable way to eat meat that has been treated (or at least killed) humanely. Or both?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

LesterGroans posted:

So I saw the movie 20th Century Women. I was enjoying it, but for some reason something about the finale just hit me in a certain way and made me sob. I couldn't stop myself.

Thank you, Joe Pancake.

I saw it at Rotterdam and I absolutely LOVED it. I loved BEGINNERS too, but I liked this even more (I think). He's got a real visual style, but he marries it with wonderful characters and dialogue, great acting, and a lot of heart and sincerity. He's a terrific writer/director.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

LesterGroans posted:

Thank you, Joe Pancake.
Among its other virtues, I appreciated how the boy's exposure to feminist literature provides him with an avenue with which to grapple with the larger world out there, yet pointedly, it doesn't get him any closer to his crush, and more importantly, it still doesn't get him any closer to his mother.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

therattle posted:

I saw it at Rotterdam and I absolutely LOVED it. I loved BEGINNERS too, but I liked this even more (I think). He's got a real visual style, but he marries it with wonderful characters and dialogue, great acting, and a lot of heart and sincerity. He's a terrific writer/director.

Yeah, I really liked Beginners too but this felt like a big step up. He has a surprisingly deft touch when it comes to taking moments and scenes and characters that could come off as standard "indie film" and tweaking them enough to keep them from being cliché. It was definitely a big surprise and I'm really glad I saw it.

Coaaab posted:

Among its other virtues, I appreciated how the boy's exposure to feminist literature provides him with an avenue with which to grapple with the larger world out there, yet pointedly, it doesn't get him any closer to his crush, and more importantly, it still doesn't get him any closer to his mother.

Yeah, I appreciated that none of it was wrapped up all neat and tidy and that the women in the film were their own fleshed out characters and didn't just exist just to serve Jamie's development.

LesterGroans fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Feb 15, 2017

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I had too much Valentine's chocolate and now I feel like poo poo.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I know I said I'd abstain from sexposting but I just gotta say it: 69ing is overrated.

This Star Wars mug my geef got me is sick as hell tho

Coffee And Pie fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Feb 15, 2017

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Coffee And Pie posted:

I know I'd abstain from sexposting but I just gotta say it: 69ing is overrated.

It's a lot better than I had expected.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Me irl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-tiMKCC6gY

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Coffee And Pie posted:

I know I said I'd abstain from sexposting but I just gotta say it: 69ing is overrated.

This Star Wars mug my geef got me is sick as hell tho
You're gonna find that all the stuff that looks good is uncomfortable and dumb. But you'll have to do it, because no way will you believe it otherwise.

Also, geef is a disgusting looking word.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Been up since 1am cause my neurotic cat is going stir-crazy but won't leave my room because my roommate has a dog. Newest Chapo episode is really good tho.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I, Daniel Blake is set up to be my pick for "soul eating movie of 2017" just by the trailer alone.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsC8zEgZEfo

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

you were 69'n wrong if u didn't like it

https://twitter.com/eyeswidebutt/status/386197793440030720

Lil Mama Im Sorry fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
BFI just announced Scorsese in conversation for next week. Tickets on sale tomorrow morning. No way in hell I'm missing this.

• Locked thread