Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

it was actually really funny to me that one of these cartoons was posted right after the other

Like, the Luckovich really works as a direct response to the McCoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

CampingCarl posted:

I think he is the one that once mentioned looking at this thread once or something like that.

I think he is a nongoon; I know he is aware of these threads, but explicitly doesn't want to join because he would spend too much time on them, lol. At least, that's what I remember from the last time I saw this.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

everyone on my twitter is angry at the devos rockwell cartoon. hachi machi

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

oddium posted:

everyone on my twitter is angry at the devos rockwell cartoon. hachi machi

It's a very bad cartoon

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Mostly I am tickled at people marvelling at how bad it is as if it were some sort of scraping the bottom of the barrel when really, it's pretty middle of the barrel for the field.

Like it is super bad and needs to be recognized for that, it's just that this being the one to do it tickles me at everyone's pure untainted innocence.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I dunno, I've been following the politoons thread off and on for several years (I'm back on now because of that cartoon apparently) and it is a Really loving Bad one. It viscerally twists the iconography of a deeply marginalized population to support the same kind of white billionaire that does the marginalization.

The fact that I spent last weekend at the National Civil Rights Museum probably isn't helping me maintain my calm about the whole thing.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Shugojin posted:

It's a very bad cartoon

it's a very vile cartoon, but the number of people who are talking about it and being offended supports it being a good cartoon.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If there's one thing the election of Donald Trump can teach us, it's that the primary goal of people like Glenn McCoy is to make people who care about things very angry

Cock Soup
Oct 15, 2006

Stultus Maximus posted:

it's a very vile cartoon, but the number of people who are talking about it and being offended supports it being a good cartoon.

Errrrrr you could make the same argument of the Ben Garisson "Michelle Obama is literally a man" cartoon or Branco's infamous "I GOT STDs BECAUSE OBAMACARE TURNS LADIES INTO SLUTS". It is a lovely, most likely traced, cartoon, and people are reacting at how loving dense / ill-informed it is.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I think there's a certain beauty in how monstrous it is. I mean it's not merely stupid, it's kinda profane. Especially in the middle of Black History month.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Cock Soup posted:

Errrrrr you could make the same argument of the Ben Garisson "Michelle Obama is literally a man" cartoon or Branco's infamous "I GOT STDs BECAUSE OBAMACARE TURNS LADIES INTO SLUTS". It is a lovely, most likely traced, cartoon, and people are reacting at how loving dense / ill-informed it is.

McCoy actually used the imagery in a consistent, meaningful, and vile way. Garrison is just a kitchen-sink slightly more sane Dees and Branco is literally too dumb to tie his own shoes. For comparison, the Lester comic with the same imagery completely loving botches it.

McCoy is like Delonas, a highly skilled troll with a flair for the grotesque.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

The vibe I'm getting from this is "you mocked the bowling green massacre and made my side look stupid, so I'm showing you commit a massacre! Also Capone had one on valentine's"
Also "killing" just one dude makes for a pretty bad "massacre". Try harder next time, donkey.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Vib Rib posted:

Also "killing" just one dude makes for a pretty bad "massacre". Try harder next time, donkey.

I think he's just been looking to call something a massacre ever since Trump's Monday Night Massacre--because how dare the media insult mein fuhrer in such a fashion?!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Stupid childish congressman trying to block things he doesn't like!

FOUR YEARS EARLIER...

Mature, responsible congressman trying to block things he doesn't like.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

My 60 year old father's response to this cartoon, and I quote: "WOW WOW WOW"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
edit: ^ :popeye::eyepop: HOLY gently caress ^

Man, knowing Lester lives in Jacksonville almost makes me want to keep up with his goings-on so I can show up and ask him if he's stopped beating his wife at every possible occasion.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

"Oh, and also a man. I forgot that part. Women are only truly free when they're thinking and doing whatever their husbands say.

"Also, don't make the wrong choice or you'll burn in unutterable agony for an eternity."

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
That Lester was so bad my die hard Conservative Facebook Uncle™ posted it and was like 'wtf this is horrible'

This dude gleefully voted for Trump and that was a step too far

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
It's a pretty colossal fuckup on his part, my twitter feed has been chock full of people who never tweet about political cartoons getting mad at that piece of poo poo.

Strange Charm
Apr 6, 2008

This was on Twitter.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Does anyone have that one politoon that's the liberal judges being flown into the twin towers by shrieking racist stereotypes? I'm putting together a small selection of choice favourites to show someone.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Subtle. I like it

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Fuego Fish posted:

Does anyone have that one politoon that's the liberal judges being flown into the twin towers by shrieking racist stereotypes? I'm putting together a small selection of choice favourites to show someone.

Try the gay abortions, I think they were goldmined.

Not this one, right?
https://i.imgur.com/9TMImaQl.jpg

There...there are so many...

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Feb 15, 2017

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So he officially couldn't think of anything to put on the armbands so he just left them empty and then didn't think for a second that someone would help him fill in that particular blank?

The number of people who seem like they have their heads stuck in the stair railings with both hands stuck in to different Pringles cans and STILL think we should value their opinions on important topics like politics is simply astounding.

Also he clearly used one of those light tracer things to draw everything but her body, Christ

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Discendo Vox posted:

Try the gay abortions, I think they were goldmined.

Found it, much appreciated. After seeing the DeVos one, they'd asked "Is anything more offensive than this cartoon?"

I have taken them on a magical journey.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Fuego Fish posted:

Found it, much appreciated. After seeing the DeVos one, they'd asked "Is anything more offensive than this cartoon?"

I have taken them on a magical journey.

Could you link it? I've...had to go on my own journey by reading the GA threads of the past few years looking for it, but no dice.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Discendo Vox posted:

Could you link it? I've...had to go on my own journey by reading the GA threads of the past few years looking for it, but no dice.

Here you go, and another McCoy Classic for good measure.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We need a "McCoy worst of" collection post.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
But Gary and Glenn are different shades of terrible... it's hard to compare

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Spiffster posted:

But Gary and Glenn are different shades of terrible... it's hard to compare

Yes, but one of them has a career with Universal Pictures and can be pressured into being a less vocal rear end in a top hat.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Discendo Vox posted:

We need a "McCoy worst of" collection post.

what hte gently caress does this even mean!?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Turtlicious posted:

what hte gently caress does this even mean!?

Anchor babies! They're really real, you know.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Christ, that is so loving racist.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
What the gently caress is fetal viability, asking for a friend

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

The archive exists for this purpose.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Pants Donkey posted:

Stupid childish congressman trying to block things he doesn't like!

FOUR YEARS EARLIER...

Mature, responsible congressman trying to block things he doesn't like.

No that's perfectly consistent. Democrats are Irresponsible Children and Republicans are Responsible Adults That's what the R stands for! Responsible!

I mean, it's wrong, but it's consistent.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Holy poo poo, if cartoons are this dumb a mere 20-something days into Trump's bad stupid administration, what are things going to be like by the time Summer rolls around?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Holy poo poo, if cartoons are this dumb a mere 20-something days into Trump's bad stupid administration, what are things going to be like by the time Summer rolls around?

I forsee comics that are just blood and feces smeared on a grungy canvas. They could not comprehend their worldview being questioned by reality itself.
There are demons you can make out sometimes, each labeled "Liberals" or "Democrats". They are never not labeled.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Hihohe posted:

I forsee comics that are just blood and feces smeared on a grungy canvas. They could not comprehend their worldview being questioned by reality itself.
There are demons you can make out sometimes, each labeled "Liberals" or "Democrats". They are never not labeled.

Eh, that just sounds like a classic Bonsteel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Very quiet.

• Locked thread