Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Mahoning posted:

Imagine if a theoretical game has 100 levels and the DLC is 33 new levels.

It's kinda like that considering they are adding a 4th dungeon.

That's assuming the Dungeons are massive endeavors, dungeons aren't that long in 3D Zeldas, and you spend a lot of time out of them, I'd say most of your time is spent out of dungeons if you're going for 100%. The new dungeon might just be another hour of content which isn't that great but who knows. I hope the DLC takes place out at sea.

PeePot posted:

Mine's getting delivered to work too. Hopefully early so I can set it up and download Zelda using our fat pipe. :fap:

Hoping to convince a couple guys on the fence to get one, getting in some early morning Mario Kart would be great for team building.

My workplace is really lax, and my boss is usually gone on Friday's so I'll probably be able to set the Switch up and get Zelda downloading. I just hope Nintendo's servers aren't being loving destroyed on release day (they will be) so I can get the drat game downloaded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Detective No. 27 posted:

MH4U and MHGen were much better games than MH3U, but my favorite Monster Hunter experiences were 3 people on their 3DSes playing with a fourth friend on his Wii U. The fact that Switch will let us do that by default with its eventual Monster Hunters is going to rule hard.

This was one of the best things.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I'm planning on hitting up a midnight Best-Buy or two in the off-chance that they have switches available to the general public, then a 7AM Toys 'R' Us in the slim chance that the local homeless population has scared off all the other campers.

If I show up to work late, scruffy, and punctured on Friday, my boss'll understand. He also wants a Switch.

Also it wouldn't be the first time I'd shown up under those conditions.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Hammer Bro. posted:

I'm planning on hitting up a midnight Best-Buy or two in the off-chance that they have switches available to the general public, then a 7AM Toys 'R' Us in the slim chance that the local homeless population has scared off all the other campers.

If I show up to work late, scruffy, and punctured on Friday, my boss'll understand. He also wants a Switch.

Also it wouldn't be the first time I'd shown up under those conditions.

Why didn't you just preorder it?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Cojawfee posted:

Why didn't you just preorder it?

I went to a midnight launch with a friend in November in Alaska, it was actually fairly fun, maybe they'll have a similar experience?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I went to a midnight launch with a friend in November in Alaska, it was actually fairly fun, maybe they'll have a similar experience?

One does not preclude the other.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I didn't even realize it was a thing until it was already sold-out, I didn't get interested in it until I saw the Mario Odyssey trailer (which evoked strangely fond Sonic Adventure memories), and I didn't get properly obsessive until a few weeks ago when I got bored at work and started reading this thread.

Basically, I blame all of you folks.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I hope the VC is decent for this thing because I'm ready to go all in.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

The GameCube trickle is going to be infuriating.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

They finally came to their senses and are contracting that out to someone who does this stuff right?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Nintendo is already in the process of downloading every rom available on [cheesy rom site] to stock up the VC.

e: Maybe shouldn't mention it by name, even if it's infamous.

PerrineClostermann fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Feb 15, 2017

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
On the Switch Nintendo will let you download any VC game for free but only if you promise to delete it after 24 hours.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

PerrineClostermann posted:

Nintendo is already in the process of downloading every rom available on [cheesy rom site] to stock up the VC.

e: Maybe shouldn't mention it by name, even if it's infamous.

Wasn't Nintendo caught doing this with Mario or something? lol

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

s.i.r.e. posted:

Wasn't Nintendo caught doing this with Mario or something? lol

Several of their VC releases and the NES Classic (iirc) have had the roms extracted, and said roms included iNES headers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR1uEwjx7VI

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nintendo DLC has been good, and I hope those three chests are just filled with silly shirts.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I hope one of the chests gives you clothing for Wolf Link

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Nintendo DLC has been good, and I hope those three chests are just filled with silly shirts.

The next set of DLC comes with a treasure chest that has a simple black shirt with the words PACKIN' HEAT printed on it in Hylian.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Clothing items that I would like in Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: DLC Pack 4: Summer Heat

A Tapout shirt
An SA grenade shirt
A Three Wolf Moon shirt
A Mega Milk shirt
An 'It's Dangerous to Go Alone' shirt
A chain-linked skort
MAGA cap
BLM (Bokoblin Lives Matter) shirt

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Jimmy Hats posted:

Clothing items that I would like in Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: DLC Pack 4: Summer Heat

A Tapout shirt
An SA grenade shirt
A Three Wolf Moon shirt
A Mega Milk shirt
A chain-linked skort
MAGA cap

You're forgetting the kawaii Zelda shirt that makes an uguu sound with every footstep.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Make Hyrule Great Again hat.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
If Link doesn't get a cute top and skirt I ain't buyin' it :colbert:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So GC VC when

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Calaveron posted:

So GC VC when

Hopefully at launch, maybe Nintendo will tell us something about the VC someday before that time!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i hope the virtual console is dead so you all can move on with your gameing lives

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Policenaut posted:

Hopefully at launch, maybe Nintendo will tell us something about the VC someday before that time!

But is it confirmed and if so how many hours am I going to spend replaying Skies of Arcadia Legends

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Jimmy Hats posted:

A Tapout shirt
An SA grenade shirt
A Three Wolf Moon shirt
A Mega Milk shirt
A chain-linked skort
MAGA cap

Real talk though a "Don't make me go Zelda on you" shirt would be horrible.

But not a King of Games shirt though they're always pretty classy.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Make Hyrule Great Again hat.

Ganondorf's "Make Hyrule in 'the Hero is Defeated Timeline' Again" hat

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Let's brainstorm all the terrible dlc ideas so nintendo can't use them and are forced to make good dlc

a foolproof plan

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jimmy Hats posted:

Let's brainstorm all the terrible dlc ideas so nintendo can't use them and are forced to make good dlc

a foolproof plan

Link goes to Hyrule Academy, where he finds himself surrounded by beautiful and quirky high schoolers!

The twist is that he's one of the love interests of Princess Zelda, and the entire DLC is about making her work for your affection by spending stamina daily and building her stats.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

a foolproof plan

I got one: tying DLC to amiibos.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

If they do a GameCube VC they better offer Chibi-Robo

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kxG_jqv-V0

This was uploaded recently on the Japanese Nintendo channel.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Link goes to Hyrule Academy, where he finds himself surrounded by beautiful and quirky high schoolers!

The twist is that he's one of the love interests of Princess Zelda, and the entire DLC is about making her work for your affection by spending stamina daily and building her stats.

Yeah, I'd still play that.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kxG_jqv-V0

This was uploaded recently on the Japanese Nintendo channel.

That handheld framerate looks REALLY rough.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Several of their VC releases and the NES Classic (iirc) have had the roms extracted, and said roms included iNES headers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR1uEwjx7VI

That's the saddest poo poo.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

It looks cinematic.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I hope one of the chests gives you clothing for Wolf Link

Well, now I want that.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
One of the chest items should be a forever home for Wolf Link.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I don't have very high hopes for Dragon Quest Heroes' port, because the game already ran kinda janky enough on PS4. We'll see, though, that's just imposed/edited footage.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Other than hopes and dreams us there any actual info on the VC?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hey, if you are looking for a case, I just ordered this one and cancelled my other normal grey case.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M...q8pL&ref=plSrch

For some reason it was kinda buried in options and only seems to come with the $30 version but it's leagues better than the other Zelda version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesh
Jun 30, 2002

If humans were cookies, I'd be the cookie monster.

I have the BOTW Master Edition preordered online through Best Buy with in-store pickup but I don't have GCU. Is it possible to sign up for GCU and apply it to an existing order? Or is this something I can do when I go to pick the game up?

• Locked thread