Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Groovelord Neato posted:

this is a country whose most powerful politician knows less about history and the government than a fifth grader. who's never read a book cover to cover. literally every athlete is smarter than him.

This makes him smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

FizFashizzle posted:

athanatos wtf are you thinking

"I am become death, moderator of worlds."

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Didn't see this posted, but Titans named most attractive team by some site. :smug:

http://wearefanatics.com/most-attractive-nfl-teams/

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Bad Moon posted:

If only they could have won a game... for Calvin

I'm still mad about the Dallas game.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bad Moon posted:

If only they could have won a game... for Calvin

Can't wait for Pete to pull a Bellichick and list every player as Questionable

The brady injury troll for months on end never got old.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

AFCS bias I guess :rolleyes:

Only way they'll ever come out on top of anything

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

BlindSite posted:

The brady injury troll for months on end never got old.

Especially funny how it ended

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Thaddius the Large posted:

Only way they'll ever come out on top of anything

they still lead the league in participation banners

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stop being mean, guys. :saddowns:

We try our best in the AFC South.

:smith:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

whiteyfats posted:

Stop being mean, guys. :saddowns:

We try our best in the AFC South.

:smith:

but really, do you?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

evilweasel posted:

but really, do you?

at least the division is internally competitive

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So here's my question.

Without the election, and if ratings stay low, what's getting blamed by the NFL that's influencing viewership from the outside?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

iospace posted:

So here's my question.

Without the election, and if ratings stay low, what's getting blamed by the NFL that's influencing viewership from the outside?

millennials

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Millennials.

e: hah, gently caress.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Gays

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hillary

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The occupying Russian Chinese North Korean forces.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

To expand a bit, networks bet that timed events like live sports would keep people watching television. Millennials don't care enough to conform to that, not when they can catch the highlights any number of ways online

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

iospace posted:

So here's my question.

matt patricia, for his goodell clown shirt

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Colin Kaepernick

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ketchup vs catsup posted:

To expand a bit, networks bet that timed events like live sports would keep people watching television. Millennials don't care enough to conform to that, not when they can catch the highlights any number of ways online

And the fact that you can go 40 seconds between plays doesn't help the NFL's case here. Baseball has the same problem (though they admit they're at least trying to work on it), but the two winter sports don't have the same issues. Well, until the last minute of a basketball game that takes 9001 hours to complete.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The NFL needs to get its streaming poo poo together. I can't believe that baseball is so good at it while football is so bad.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JimOwczarski/status/831613466565890048

I don't know anything about this guy but it sure sounds like they are going to let Dre walk

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The guy Miami cut when they were putting a converted WR out there to defend Brandon Marshall

Well ok

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I don't know anything about this guy but it sure sounds like they are going to let Dre walk

This was the guy Julio roasted repeatedly en route to 300 yards receiving and caused him to be cut basically as soon as he dried off after the post game shower.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

iospace posted:

And the fact that you can go 40 seconds between plays doesn't help the NFL's case here. Baseball has the same problem (though they admit they're at least trying to work on it), but the two winter sports don't have the same issues. Well, until the last minute of a basketball game that takes 9001 hours to complete.

Its probably the commercials more than the between play pauses. Always thought football did a good job filling the gaps between plays with quality replay and commentary analysis, but the obscene numbers of repetitive commercial breaks are such a turn off in an age where streaming exists.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Febreeze posted:

Its probably the commercials more than the between play pauses. Always thought football did a good job filling the gaps between plays with quality replay and commentary analysis, but the obscene numbers of repetitive commercial breaks are such a turn off in an age where streaming exists.

I think even well spaced out commercial breaks are not that bad, especially given the limited number of NFL games. What really sucks the fun out of games is when you have the patented score->commercials->kickoff->commercials combo that just sucks.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I think all the practice rules hurt the competitiveness of the game. You are only permitted 14 full-contact padded practices during the regular season.
It's way better for the body and health, but the more time you can play at game conditions, the better the actual games are going to be. Walkthroughs and non-contact drills can only prepare you so much.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Contract the Titans, Colts, Texans and Saints, which would lessen the talent dilution,

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

He was cut after the Falcons - panthers game when he clearly looked out of shape and disinterested.

He didn't stick anywhere for the rest of the season.

He did break his leg in late 2015, he's still young ish, and he has a lot of good tape.

But lol at there being a market for him.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Feb 15, 2017

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Febreeze posted:

Yeah, it's this. I have never had an issue with the between-play stuff and almost everyone who I get to watch football with me hasn't had an issue with it (even if they cite the whole "only 11 minutes of actual playing in 3 hours! how can you watch that!"), the game moves so fast when they're actually playing that replays are great for understanding what happened and what's happening.

I would probably go back to watching four football games a week if they cut way down on the commercial breaks. As it is I just watch the Packers and maybe the SNF game if it's good.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

This is a slot guy needed for depth since Dennard isn't very good there. This doesn't mean Dre will walk.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

whiteyfats posted:

Contract the Titans, Colts, Texans and Saints, which would lessen the talent dilution,

Three out of those four teams have a better quarterback than Bortles.

What I'm saying is, just contract the Colts. Maybe the Cowboys too.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

whiteyfats posted:

nice, the only way the Jags will ever win the division.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

No Irish Need Imply posted:

This is a slot guy needed for depth since Dennard isn't very good there. This doesn't mean Dre will walk.

Also they don't know if Pacman is gonna be suspended, so adding another guy was necessary.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Demon Of The Fall posted:

A win is a win. :colbert:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Nah they'd still lose

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yeah, it's this. I have never had an issue with the between-play stuff and almost everyone who I get to watch football with me hasn't had an issue with it (even if they cite the whole "only 11 minutes of actual playing in 3 hours! how can you watch that!"), the game moves so fast when they're actually playing that replays are great for understanding what happened and what's happening.

I would probably go back to watching four football games a week if they cut way down on the commercial breaks. As it is I just watch the Packers and maybe the SNF game if it's good.

Gotta say, after a full season of nfl2go, compilations of JJ watt screaming at men's asses was far more palatable than commercials

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Gotta say, after a full season of nfl2go, compilations of JJ watt screaming at men's asses was far more palatable than commercials

gotta turn 'em around to find the sack, jj

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bemis
Jan 5, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Honestly surprised there was no punishment for this:

https://twitter.com/seattletimes/status/831639454272086016

Why? Did you forget what team this was?

• Locked thread