Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
I like the look of that ID. It makes rigshooting a valid tactic again. Goodbye breakers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
So I’m curious as to what “trashed (from any location)” means, according to the rules. Obviously if a corp plays a card that says to trash a runner card, that applies. Trash abilities probably apply too? What about when a runner overdraws and needs to discard? What about when a runner plays an event? What about when Parasite eats a piece of ice? What about when the runner takes damage?

Also Brain Rewiring has some classic FFG rule wording. Do you draw the 1 card, or does the runner?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I suspect damage counts and overdraw doesn't, events probably will

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

I suspect damage counts and overdraw doesn't, events probably will

Per the comprehensive rules, events are trashed on resolution. Overdrawing is not trashing. Everything else (you could snipe a ticked-down Daily Casts!) counts.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Blood and Water announcement is up
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/2/14/blood-and-water/

Alice Merchant looks interesting as does the clan resource

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I wish Merchant's HQ trash was random instead of Corp-chosen. Also my new goal in life is to install the Mercs off a Street Peddler right after getting Midseasoned.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

So new Plascrete goes to Anarchs?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I really hate the fact that I thought I was done with Netrunner and then they show cool and good Weyland poo poo.

Edit: drat, and I love the new Jinteki agenda too. :smith:

Cinnamon Bear fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Feb 15, 2017

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

GrandpaPants posted:

So new Plascrete goes to Anarchs?

Yeah, but they're the tag-me faction. It's almost impossible to land tags on criminal unless you completely outmoney them, and can get through Aaron and On The Lam (if you don't have influence for Hades shard as criminal, play On the Lam and it slows down railgun massively). Shapers have it harder, but they can still NACH/FC to prevent tags.

The 'new plascrete' is focused more on protecting the one faction that actually has trouble with getting killed from meat damage. Anarchs are focusing more towards the tag-me/noisy style of play, and this card just helps reinforce it. I'm fine with it being in Anarch, because no longer is plascrete the only protection in the game against getting murdered by meat damage.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Feb 15, 2017

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Also, I;m kind of amazed you think there's anything abnormal about Orange getting the card that every faction will need, post-rotation, influence-free. Like, "all the good cards plus some broken poo poo" is the Anarch part of the color pie.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Aaron is much better flatline protection than the Anarch plascrete.

Edit: Criminals got arguably the two strongest runner cards of this cycle, and certainly 2 of the top 3. I don't think orange has a monopoly on busted poo poo....

fomo sacer fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Feb 15, 2017

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
I wonder how the real Hutchinson Whampoa feels about its name being used for a villainous cyberpunk megacorp.

It's fun to see then putting in real-world references, anyway.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
On the Lam on turning wheel for crim is p good damage protection( with Aaron of course), nobody is playing foxfire

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Static Equilibrium posted:

Aaron is much better flatline protection than the Anarch plascrete.

Edit: Criminals got arguably the two strongest runner cards of this cycle, and certainly 2 of the top 3. I don't think orange has a monopoly on busted poo poo....

If you're listing the 'strongest runner cards this cycle' and Card #2 after Temujin isn't Sifr, you're nuts. Aaron is good in that he makes tagging much harder, and provides free draw, whilst Sifr just flat invalidates something every Corp MUST have.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Shockeh posted:

If you're listing the 'strongest runner cards this cycle' and Card #2 after Temujin isn't Sifr, you're nuts. Aaron is good in that he makes tagging much harder, and provides free draw, whilst Sifr just flat invalidates something every Corp MUST have.

One day the dream of a viable ICEless deck will come true (unless it already has, I haven't checked out the meta in a while).

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Sifr is further proof Pop-Up Window remains the reigning king of ICE.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
On encounter Ice in general

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Hey, if you want to put cheap to break ICE down, I'll take it. Lets me crack through to your R&D & HQ easy enough.

I play russian NEH, so I do exactly the same thing

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Plavski posted:

On encounter Ice in general

Surprise for you, Sifrsited ICE doesn't even get to do On-Encounter effects.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

OK thread. What deck do I take to Store Champs tomorrow. I got my corp deck on lock, just looking for the runner deck. Eddie No-Friends is cool, but Aaron Maron (involved in the Erma Lurman-Murman Murders) based Crim sounds good too. What say you?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

OK thread. What deck do I take to Store Champs tomorrow. I got my corp deck on lock, just looking for the runner deck. Eddie No-Friends is cool, but Aaron Maron (involved in the Erma Lurman-Murman Murders) based Crim sounds good too. What say you?

If you figure out a good runner deck, let me know. I need SOMETHING to go with my RP Prison.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Eddie no-friends is ridiculous strong right now

Ajon
Aug 8, 2007
'VRROOOMMM!!!' roared the car. 'SPRUITS!' said gramma.
If you like Shaper BS, try the deck I'll bring to a SC next Saturday. Cold Read and Interdiction could probably be something else. This might also work from Kate.

Hayley Kaplan: Universal Scholar (Breaker Bay)

Event (10)
3x Cold Read (Martial Law)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
1x Interdiction (Martial Law)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (8)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) ★★★
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof)
2x Şifr (Quorum) ●●

Resource (15)
1x Aaron Marrón (Quorum) ●●
2x Artist Colony (Kala Ghoda)
1x Beth Kilrain-Chang (Blood Money)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Fan Site (Old Hollywood)
3x Sacrificial Construct (Core Set)
2x Symmetrical Visage (The Valley)

Icebreaker (5)
2x Atman (Creation and Control)
1x Chameleon (The Underway)
1x Inti (Creation and Control)
1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead)

Program (7)
1x Clot (The Valley) ●●
1x Datasucker (Core Set)
1x Parasite (Core Set) ★●●
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
1x Tapwrm (Quorum) ●●
11 influence spent (max 15-4★=11, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Quorum

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Eddie no-friends is ridiculous strong right now

Which deck is this? I somehow haven't heard of it yet.

Ajon
Aug 8, 2007
'VRROOOMMM!!!' roared the car. 'SPRUITS!' said gramma.

Kaethela posted:

Which deck is this? I somehow haven't heard of it yet.

It's Temüjin Whiz, but with Edward Kim.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Ajon posted:

It's Temüjin Whiz, but with Edward Kim.

I'd also swap a slums for an Archive Interface, after seeing how much ridiculous work it put in for Code Marvelous last stream.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

If you're feeling pretty criminal, you can try my Leela Tempo Deck

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Here's CodeMarvelous taking you through Eddie No-Friends

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Daedalus complex cards

Sync NRE needs immediate errata. Net Analytics is an interesting effect that I don't know will see play

Quarantine system is a nice counter to blackmail spam and dyper bullshit. Forfeit that hostile takeover and rez a piece of ice on servers that you need to protect.

Next wave 2 is another mediocre 4/2, but brings me hope that we'll see more NEXT Ice. Defense construct is weak, but I guess you can IAA it on archives? Really not that great, would have been better if it cost 0 to rez or just shuffled a number of cards. Just too much of an investment to protect your agendas.

Klondi Plaza is just more to help out asset spam decks, unfortunately. Signal Jamming fucks conspiracy breaker decks once, not great.

Mad dash will be interesting in dyper/Cams. Network exchange is actually pretty good headlock tool, sucks that we have a meta that renders headlock non-viable. Bio-modeled network is probably the best counter to the jinteki agenda aside from film critic, and can be used by Apex.

Spot the prey is pretty garbage unless you play in a meta that plays mushin no shin decks.

Pushing the envelope is a card that might see play in temu-whiz? +2 strength to all breakers is pretty good in a world with yog and mimic. Maw is way too expensive for what it is, but plays well into Merchant's ability, it's just a huge tempo hit at 6 credits. Punishing vs. Asset spam though.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

berenzen posted:

Mad dash will be interesting in dyper/Cams.

How is Mad Dash not just a straight upgrade over Freedom Through Equality in those decks plus any shaper running Indexing?

EDIT:

berenzen posted:

Bio-modeled network is probably the best counter to the jinteki agenda aside from film critic

Does it work against that agenda? The agenda has the net damage as an additional cost to steal, and it was my understanding that you can't prevent costs and get the effect (such as using SacCon to prevent an SMC from being trashed).

CirclMastr fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Feb 18, 2017

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

berenzen posted:

Daedalus complex cards

Sync NRE needs immediate errata.
What's the typo? I can't see anything wrong with it

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The second subroutine doesn't say "for the remainder of the run" or anything like that. Each time the trace succeeds, the runner accesses 1 fewer card forever.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Holy shit! I have a tail?!

EDIT: Scooped! Sorry.

I think it's that the second sub is open-ended. It just says that 'the runner accesses one fewer cards'. So that's, what, for the rest of the game? I'd expect it should say 'until the end of the run'.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Cost 0 on Net Analytics?

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Damon talked about his reasons for leaving FFG:

quote:

And no, my leaving had nothing to do with anything at FFG. My wife got offered a dream job in California, and that plus the opportunity to move back closer to my family (especially my nephew and niece the eponymous Jackson Howard and Ayla) was a deal closer.

As to Michael, he has not published any games, but it is exceptionally rare for someone getting hired by a major company to have done so, there is not a lot of movement back and forth between companies with the with some of the smaller 3-4 four person shops to one of the major companies. That he has multiple games created, and a fully designed game that was in advanced talks to get published puts him ahead of where Lukas and I both were when we were hired like 7 years ago.

Have no fear about his experience or ability. We tested him well and it was by his design skills that he rose to be one of the strongest contenders for the position. It was a pleasure interviewing him and he impressed me with his skill and insights.

Will he take the game in the same direction? Almost certainly not. Will his designs be s compelling and fun? Almost certainly. Like I had a different set of stories I wanted to tell with Netrunner than what Lukas did, Michael will go in new and amazing places. The main thrust of the game, the primary mechanisms, the faction flavors, those are all unlikely to change, even as they are more fully explored and revealed to the players.

I wouldn't have left if I didn't have faith the game would be in good hands, and Michael would not have been hired if FFG didn't think his were those hands.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/25053861#25053861

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

How is Mad Dash not just a straight upgrade over Freedom Through Equality in those decks plus any shaper running Indexing?

You can use both! Get two free points instead of just one.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Also, if the corp screws you out of the agenda (Jackson Shuffle etc.), at least you don't get hit with meat damage if you whiff when using Freedom for equality. Both are good, but there are advantages to using Freedom over Mad Dash,

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CirclMastr posted:

The second subroutine doesn't say "for the remainder of the run" or anything like that. Each time the trace succeeds, the runner accesses 1 fewer card forever.

This is cool and good though, it's just the bump Yellow needs to be competitive :confused:

_____/s_____

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

This is cool and good though, it's just the bump Yellow needs to be competitive :confused:

_____/s_____

So without multiaccess in your deck, even a single successful BRE can shut you out of the game. That's a helluva card to have to be aware of existing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

check the :ninja:

• Locked thread