Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Is it normal that I saw an El Camino parked on my street and now I want to wait around for the owner to show up so I can ask how much he wants for it despite having no money or a place to park it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:siren: REPORTS THAT HIGH RANKING PARTY MEMBERS USING ILLICIT FOREIGN DONATIONS TO FINANCE VANITY MAKEOVERS ARE VERY MISLEADING :siren:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Catching up on this on this thread aND HOLY poo poo AD IS THE NEW MOD!

You poor, poor man.

Grats, I guess? You shouldn't have a hard job here

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Good luck dude, hope it works out for you.

I took the day off today and set up the temporary furnace 99% of the way and paid off my last student loan. At this point I owe some back taxes on the house, water bill, a small amount to a friend who never manages to get me his payment info before disappearing when we discuss it, and then I'm loving debt free, bitches. Can't wait. Far cry from the 25 to 30k I owed when I finally became un-unemployed 3 years ago.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

A Phase 1 2.5 litre Subaru with original headgaskets

I bought one of those.

Was able to drive it for nearly a month before the motor came out.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
As long as I have your attention I'd like it to be on record that mods, including our current and previous, did not in fact know.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

30k LOLLLLL

I'm not gonna think about my debt right now :suicide:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Catte still won't eat, but looks better and has more movement after giving him fluids and forcing formula down him every six hours.

I've been worried about your catte and your living situation; glad to hear you've at least got a plan.

Safety Dance posted:

Fuuuck me, I just completed a coding assessment for $ONLINE_RETAILER. It was fun, a lot more so than the one for the hedge fund, but the requirements listed for the second coding challenge didn't match the automated tests at all. I did my best to document that professionally and move on. Hopefully that won't count against me.

Holy crap, $ONLINE_RETAILER wants to fly me out for an interview, and $FI-TECH_COMPANY is setting up a second phone interview. I wish I could put the process on pause for a month or two, it's all too sudden.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Glad to hear you're getting some good help, MGS. Sounds like you're on the right track.

I've been stuck in Southern Georgia the past week for "work". The only positives have been 70+ degree weather and this extremely good BBQ place across the street in a gas station:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
OK could we change the 9/11 avatar now please? Sorry to be a downer.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
No 9/11 will always be hilarious

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

kastein posted:

Good luck dude, hope it works out for you.

I took the day off today and set up the temporary furnace 99% of the way and paid off my last student loan. At this point I owe some back taxes on the house, water bill, a small amount to a friend who never manages to get me his payment info before disappearing when we discuss it, and then I'm loving debt free, bitches. Can't wait. Far cry from the 25 to 30k I owed when I finally became un-unemployed 3 years ago.
Congrats man. Few things in life have as much of a positive feeling as paying off/down debt. :)

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Deeters posted:

Glad to hear you're getting some good help, MGS. Sounds like you're on the right track.

I've been stuck in Southern Georgia the past week for "work". The only positives have been 70+ degree weather and this extremely good BBQ place across the street in a gas station:

That is some amazing barbeque if that is there grill. And may the Honda Ridgeland forever destroy kasteins towers.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Adiabatic posted:

Being the person who first started a chat thread early, I dont see that happening.

Mods can probate themselves :)

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

clam ache posted:

That is some amazing barbeque if that is there grill. And may the Honda Ridgeland forever destroy kasteins towers.

It is. From what I can tell, the fire is going 24/7. The smell just lingers outside too.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Anyone have a good source for giant steering wheels? About to start simple machines and mechanical advantage, and I want to use one of those old bus steering wheels as a talking piece.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The funeral was very overwhelming, so much Jesus but man, his family is just wrecked. His father collapsed in my arms afterwards. A father should never outlive his son like this. I may not have liked the man but I'll be damned if I didn't wish he hadn't died.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

^Ugh, yes. My sister-in-law passed away almost 4 years ago and my mother-in-law is still regularly a basket case.

QuarkMartial posted:

Anyone have a good source for giant steering wheels? About to start simple machines and mechanical advantage, and I want to use one of those old bus steering wheels as a talking piece.

I don't but a simple lever and a multi-speed bicycle go a long ways towards explaining mechanical advantage to people that need to wrap their heads around it.

To this day I need to explain to people surprisingly often how speed/torque are related and I usually fall back on a bicycle sprocket analogy for them to clue in.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

QuarkMartial posted:

Bus/truck junkyard? Should be an easy pull, just keep the nut attached when you yank it towards your face.

Hell, I bet if you call whoever runs the cheese wagons for your school district they've got parts. Steering wheels and other contact surfaces probably don't get parted out very often.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Feb 15, 2017

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

I have a new plan, after talking with a counselor over drill weekend (I ended up calling a crisis line Friday night -- not suicidal, but I was scaring myself with how sad I was):

I can't send mixed messages, so no "I love you" or anything messages today. Instead, I'm going to order some food for her while I'm at work, because that's a "neutral" gift.

Saturday morning, before she wakes up, I'm going to rent the smallest U-Haul box. I'm going to start packing it, and I've already got maybe 60% of my things boxed up and out on the back patio covered with a tarp. My tools are already cleaned up and ready, as shown last week.

When she wakes up, I'll give her the news. It'll be ugly. There will be crying. But, I'll keep moving things out while I do that.

Hopefully I can get away unscathed.

The counselor was very clear that she might not love me like I think, but instead most likely has a dependant personality that she interprets as love because she doesn't know better. She also says I'm not at fault for cheating, because I checked out years ago. But she says I AM guilty of having a caretaker, enabler personality, and I need to move away and :sever: so I can start my own healing.

I have to call the counselor (slash Colonel) Saturday night after I'm out and away. If I don't, she was very clear that she'd grab a few leaders from my national guard unit, and forcefully extract me from the house that night. A very clear, but understandable, threat/forced assistance. She also wants me to follow up every two weeks after, to check to see if I need to go back on either Adderall or anti-depressants. I was on both before joining the army back in 2010.

Catte still won't eat, but looks better and has more movement after giving him fluids and forcing formula down him every six hours.
Did you take the car to the vet?
Please do it. Cars only don't eat when really bad things are happening?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Well Adia-bat-ic that sure is a thing that you are a mod. I hope you retain your sanity and stuff as you are a good dude.

Into chat poo poo - my wife started the second trimester and is upset about having to pee all the time. She also has a cold and it has made her cranky. I will probably get her something nice on the way home from work tomorrow.

I ordered fuel tank shield clips for the S14, but apparently the local Nissan dealer is slow about processing orders. They were not ready for pick up today :( I will try again on Friday. The list of poo poo I need to do on the car is going to slowly get shorter.

I do need suggestions on cleaning up rust from a brake booster. Should I just get some POR15?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Goddamn internship fair tomorrow at the school. Managed to pick up the one plain white dress shirt the fatman store had in my size (loving 21 inch neck) so I should be set for clothes, now I just gotta pretend I'm an adult for a couple hours.

Between the rocket stuff, getting my car fixed, trying to keep up with assignments, having club leadership not-so-subtly prod me into running for e-board for next year, and this, it's been a loving hectic week and it's only tuesday.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

nm posted:

Did you take the car to the vet?
Please do it. Cars only don't eat when really bad things are happening?

I'm fairly sure the vet would wonder why he brought the bus in instead of taking it to a mechanic.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

The Locator posted:

I'm fairly sure the vet would wonder why he brought the bus in instead of taking it to a mechanic.

Autocorrect is an rear end in a top hat.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
No vet, because I'm poor and trying to move Saturday. But I did have a friend's wife, who is a vet, consult over the phone, and a CVT (tech) give him a look.

They said to check him for hard or bulging masses (ruling out internal bleeding or perforated bowel), and to keep giving him fluids and check his temperature and heart rate. That's what I'm doing. He's pooping okay, so there's a chance he tore his esophagus up eating trash (which I would blame on the hoarding).

It hit fast, within hours, so could be poisoning, but it's well past adsorbtion time, and he was vomiting for two days. I'll see how he is tonight when I get home.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Feb 15, 2017

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

No vet, because I'm poor and trying to move Saturday. But I did have a friend's wife, who is a vet, consult over the phone, and a CVT (tech) give him a look.

They said to check him for hard or bulging masses (ruling out internal bleeding or perforated bowel), and to keep giving him fluids and check his temperature and heart rate. That's what I'm doing. He's pooping okay, so there's a chance he tore his esophagus up eating trash (which I would blame on the hoarding).

It hit fast, within hours, so could be poisoning, but it's well past adsorbtion time, and he was vomiting for two days. I'll see how he is tonight when I get home.

I hope Beetle pulls through ok :sympathy:

Good work on seeking some help with your situation, it can be hard but it's always worth it.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
I'm the highest bidder still on the Eyesore/SCC/Dave Coleman 510 but I don't really feel like buying the most clapped out datto ever for over $3000

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302223310037

Scanned a picture of it from 2000 before the amazing disaster that was its later life

yes i do have that actual SCC issue

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Metal gear that sounds like a workable plan and a good counsellor. Fingers crossed for beetle.

I randomly booked off Thursday as a day of relaxation, turns out I'm going to be doing multipla drums instead. Whipped one off to check how bad it is and surprisingly the only thing wrong is the pad material is just worn away.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

DJ Commie posted:

I'm the highest bidder still on the Eyesore/SCC/Dave Coleman 510 but I don't really feel like buying the most clapped out datto ever for over $3000

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302223310037

Scanned a picture of it from 2000 before the amazing disaster that was its later life

yes i do have that actual SCC issue

Holyshit you /gotta/ get this thing.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

cursedshitbox posted:

Holyshit you /gotta/ get this thing.

I'm messaging Eyesore on Facebook to see if they want a semi-trade for GTX parts, their LeMons Champion Miata currently has mid 60 in leakdown percentage in most of the cylinders.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Why ask me ? I cant understand me either!
So it goes like this .

"Hun, can I buy a STI 207 block with forgies and a Spun big end for $500"

"Yes"

I will also gloat and note I'm marrying this person in 67 days....

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Someone offered me a 2002 Honda XR80R in trade for the Mazda.

I told him if it runs and is complete, I'll do it. I can probably sell the bike more easily than the car. Kijiji prices for them show me it's a good trade if it runs.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Rhyno posted:

The funeral was very overwhelming, so much Jesus but man, his family is just wrecked. His father collapsed in my arms afterwards. A father should never outlive his son like this. I may not have liked the man but I'll be damned if I didn't wish he hadn't died.

I'm skipping my friend's funeral, unless I can scare up at least $50 overnight (preferably a bit more, since I have bills that are due in the next couple of days). :sigh:

Not by choice. Just don't have the money to go, even riding with friends and splitting a hotel room - I've taken the past several days off from work, and that put a severe hurting on my bank account. And yeah... his dad's going to be there, and I'm sure he's going to be devastated. I've always gotten along fine with his dad (hell we've smoked weed and drank together a few times), but it's sad as hell watching someone bury their kid. :smith: His dad lives here in DFW, and knows his son has a lot of friends here, so he's arranging an informal memorial locally once he gets back from TN.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

The only reason I'm stood at the urinal is to pee, not to have some dude jerk off next to me.

Would it be better if he jerked you off at the same time?

DICK DICER posted:

From now on expect all security briefings from the forums administration to come through me. Dissent will not be tolerated.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

This has to be the most 'murica thing I've ever read:
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article132804184.html#storylink=latest_side

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Just found out this dumb idiot has to get surgery

Since I broke up with his mum, I don't live with him and his pal Lydia anymore.

Even though it's a fairly straight forward procedure and he probably hurt himself racing to roll in something dead, I'm still nervous for the poor guy. Don't let the "distinguished" gray around the muzzle fool you, apparently that started 6 months after he was born. He just uses it to trick people into thinking he's old, slow and loveable instead of batshit insane and loveable :rolleyes: Stupid smelly, fragile assholes making me feel feelings.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Would it be better if he jerked you off at the same time?

I feel it's rude to just stand at a urinal jerking yourself off without asking if the guy next to you wants a hand. Sharing is caring.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

CharlesM posted:

OK could we change the 9/11 avatar now please? Sorry to be a downer.

If someone wants it gone they can remove it, I think it's loving hilarious and I got accused of being a thinskinned bitch when I took one down early a while ago so the hell with it :v:

Kaptainballistik posted:

So it goes like this .

"Hun, can I buy a STI 207 block with forgies and a Spun big end for $500"

"Yes"

I will also gloat and note I'm marrying this person in 67 days....

Congrats dude, she sounds awesome.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

kastein posted:

If someone wants it gone they can remove it, I think it's loving hilarious and I got accused of being a thinskinned bitch when I took one down early a while ago so the hell with it :v:

If people want to talk about thin skinned bitches, Wicked Campers (Australian company who hire campers with crude messages graffitied on them) have been told they can't do that anymore because it makes people :qq:.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

...but in aus they use the word 'oval office' instead of mate, how can anything possibly offend anyone there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Nah, the article doesn't mention the fight having anything to do with the chocolate fountain

• Locked thread