Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Flush your android phone down the toilet and get an IOS device. The performance difference is ludicrous, this game was designed and optimised to play on an iPhone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

widespread posted:

I somehow got Penelo's BSB, despite having Aerith's better BSB. Still makes someone incredibly viable though.

Also got Laguna's SSB, which will need Ice stuff.

But yeah, for a sorta high-end team before RS, would a team of Tyro/Ramza/Faris/Aerith/Beatrix be suitable? I mean, having two supports might be an issue but it might work.

Assuming Wall/Shout/BSB's for the others... I'd dump Tyro for a second holy damage dealer (another knight, Raines...), or really, any sort of strong damage dealer, and RW Wall.

Best loadout for Faris in a setup like that is probably giving her Thief's Revenge/Mug Bloodlust/Dash and Slash/Sapphire Shot as appropriate/based on hones, have Ramza run two of Power/Magic/Armor Breakdown as appropriate, and ignore Faris burst commmands unless you run into longevity issues. Give Faris and Ramza Mako, Beatrix Gaia Cross/Lionheart and then run Burst commands/Saints Cross... seems good.

(Alternately, having a full breakdown BSB is a real good reason to move on from Shout to Cid Shout if you've got it, or something like Onion BSB if you have the synergy to support getting close to softcap with the latter)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Beasteh posted:

Flush your android phone down the toilet and get an IOS device. The performance difference is ludicrous, this game was designed and optimised to play on an iPhone.

drat I was afraid that was the problem.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

Is that his hyper break? That's not a bad pull.

Lol nope it's the one that tries to inflict a couple status ailments :rip:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Got a dupe Orichalcum Dirk, dupe Cardinal, and Ashe's Defiance. Is Dusk's Decree good?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

triplexpac posted:

Got a dupe Orichalcum Dirk, dupe Cardinal, and Ashe's Defiance. Is Dusk's Decree good?

It's one of the best Mage BSB's out there.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Electric Phantasm posted:

drat I was afraid that was the problem.

The game runs better on iOS for sure but it runs completely fine on my Galaxy 6. It could be that your phone is getting a bit old by today's technology standards but you should be able to run it just fine.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

That's a lot of rainbow, I don't know how good those supers are though, and I already have the whip and zells other ssb that buffs his attack.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Unlucky draw for me as usual. Sorceress dress 1/11 for me. February has been brutal.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Combo posted:

The game runs better on iOS for sure but it runs completely fine on my Galaxy 6. It could be that your phone is getting a bit old by today's technology standards but you should be able to run it just fine.

Yeah it runs fine for me (as far as I can tell) it's just entering or leaving battles is a gamble, thankfully that's where it only crashes and the game is cool with it so I don't lose any dungeon progress.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Assuming Wall/Shout/BSB's for the others... I'd dump Tyro for a second holy damage dealer (another knight, Raines...), or really, any sort of strong damage dealer, and RW Wall.

Best loadout for Faris in a setup like that is probably giving her Thief's Revenge/Mug Bloodlust/Dash and Slash/Sapphire Shot as appropriate/based on hones, have Ramza run two of Power/Magic/Armor Breakdown as appropriate, and ignore Faris burst commmands unless you run into longevity issues. Give Faris and Ramza Mako, Beatrix Gaia Cross/Lionheart and then run Burst commands/Saints Cross... seems good.

(Alternately, having a full breakdown BSB is a real good reason to move on from Shout to Cid Shout if you've got it, or something like Onion BSB if you have the synergy to support getting close to softcap with the latter)

I don't have Cid's shout. But yeah, I could just phase Tyro out in place of Penelo since her BSB and all.

And on top of that, of course, missing the events where I could have gotten those abilities for free, so I guess I'll just run dailies as I trudge through Core.

But still thanks for the heads-up/advice.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
I really want some FF8 physical synergy.

Pull on the banner... oh poo poo, I see a disco orb! Oh no, it's going to be Rinoa's OSB, which I already have. Oh well...

...never mind, things worked out fine after all!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'm planning on pulling on an VIII banner so I really shouldn't be as tempted to draw on this as I am lol

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Nihilarian posted:

I'm planning on pulling on an VIII banner so I really shouldn't be as tempted to draw on this as I am lol

Always pull, a wise man once told me.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i got a rock. (zell ssb)

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
What are good RM to work towards? I've picked up mako might/Dr Mog's, battleforged, and I'm working on ace striker (which is even worse than mako might, damnit). Other than that I don't think I have anything remarkable.

I'm currently running a holy team (beatrix, firion, OK, and vanille BSB, tyro for SG), and I've got the makings of a lightning team (desch, kain, and ashe). I know there are dozens of guides/posts about this, but they aren't updated all that frequently and honestly it's easier and more reliable to ask the thread.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Get Lionheart (Squall RM2) if you have Beatrix BSB; give her that and Draw Fire or Gaia Cross and you'll be using her BSB around turn 3, and in any fight with a lot of incoming physical hits, pretty soon you'll be spamming her soulbreak.

Beyond that, Cloud has +sword damage at level 99, Beatrix has the step down after level 65. You'll want Devotion from Vivi for + Mag, and after that, you're covered enough that you can basically look up the highest +weapon or +element damage you want to target next and grab it.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Rinoa OSB, Balthier imperil Fire SSB, and Red Scorpion. I guess the game really wants me to run a mage crew in FF8. I have Rinoa's enEarth SB and SSB but aren't mage OSBs not too hot because of how long it takes to raise the meter?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Depends on if that mage can use Wrath or not. Also depends on the fight. If there's frequent incoming damage you can shove Lionheart on.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Got Squall's OSB! it doesn't pair at all with his BSB, but having both does make him a handy Swiss-army knife of elements. This is my first ice SB. There's not a lot of then, is there?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I just realized that I've got Earth OSB and BSBs at this point, but I just missed the Imperil-Earth relic that was part of the IV event. I am saddened. Does anyone other than Yang have an Imperil Earth?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I just realized that I've got Earth OSB and BSBs at this point, but I just missed the Imperil-Earth relic that was part of the IV event. I am saddened. Does anyone other than Yang have an Imperil Earth?

yeah, Guy.

slim pickings.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Quite a ways out, but Cid XIV does Earth imperil with his bsb

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I got fran's imperil lightning, which owns because I have Kain and Ashe's bsbs, and Irvine's penta break, which owned because I finally got Ifrit CM

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I just put a bunch of mage gear on Firion since he can apparently equip anything and he and Maria tag team Cid Raines BSB RW the poo poo out of red soul and his goons. Why didn't I do this an hour ago...

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I got Cardinal and Chaos Blade, which probably sounds like a bad pull on paper but I had 0 mage weapons for VIII and could use more physical synergy for XII in general so I'm OK with it. Gotta decide whether it's worth it to pull on Fujin/Raijin 1 now or try and get the BSBs from better banners later on.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Well, that's almost Cutting Trigger/11. I think I jinxed myself on this banner.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Holy Rod and one of the Laguna guns (the boostga attack one). I guess I have a decent Diacaster for the holy knight girls' club now.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Nihilarian posted:

FFII has ice armor? What rarity is it?

Squall's En-Ice should be on the next Keeper's Choice, though he later gets a BSB alternative

I had a brain fart and misremembered. It's Minor Resist Ice armor, not Ice Boost. :eng99:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Beasteh posted:

Vaan's BSB owns and I'd strongly urge pulling on every single banner it appears on (it never recurs on XII banners to this day in JP so fests/luckies are your only shot)

The other big ticket items are the OSBs, Zell/Quistis/Ashe BSBs, Irvine's hyper break, Selphie's dreamstage (and BSB I guess but it's not a heal) and Penelo's stuff.

flushhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
1/11 Chaos Blade. Oh well, can't win em all. Dark boosting sword is something I guess.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

A dupe green megaphone for me :negative:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Traitor Bow and Rinoa BSB. You know what, I'm okay with this. Decent amount of CM power in that old BSB.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Whole lotta people making GBS threads on Defender itt

Soon you will realize the value of a blink SSB on someone who can use Draw Fire

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
1/11. Balthier's BSB. Dupe. 😥

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
So I was hoping for some good FF8 synergy or one of the cool mage bursts but uh..

I can live with Vaan BSB. Now I just need anni-orb fest to get some wind orbs and actually hone some thief skills

Also despite being a day 1 player I got my second 5* katana back to back (Got Sephiroths BSB (2 of them!) in that Torment draw)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yeah it runs fine for me (as far as I can tell) it's just entering or leaving battles is a gamble, thankfully that's where it only crashes and the game is cool with it so I don't lose any dungeon progress.

I have the same problem when I use an older LG tablet, I think it's just that the graphical effects of spells overload something or other and it segfaults.

Sadly, there's no option to turn off graphical effects.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
2/11. Dupe Balthier ssb and friggin Shanttoto's ssb. Son I am disappoint.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
3/11

3 bad SSBs :( At least none were dupes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Nihilarian posted:

gently caress Ifrit I can't even A-team him jesus

Looking forward to maybe murdering him now that I got Squall OSB and Rinoa OSB.

• Locked thread