Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
the weird part of Ephraim raging about his sibling bond against Alphonse and Sharena is that they never even reply back. What a goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Eirika seems like a good support unit, she'll boost strength and speed in the same turn, and draw back can lead to some really good situations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I also got 5* Seliph. Why doesn't he get a fancy intro like Roy did? Probably because it looks like he sucks.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

3 blue 1 green 1 red pool and I get 5* Seliph (my only other 5* are Marth and Lucinia).

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Anyone got a skill list for the new heroes?

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Kind of lovely they added quests that require using one of the focus to complete.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

PJOmega posted:

Anyone got a skill list for the new heroes?

On the homepage popup, click "close" then in the second popup it gives you click on "new heroes."

Quickie rundown:

-Ephraim is lance infantry, 100% gimmick of reducing def
-Eirika is buff central and has movement tools
-Seliph has a gimmick similar to Lyn's where he goes crazy at half health, but more defensive in nature, in exchange for having more health (HP+5)
-Julia has a green magic Falchion and Breath of Life, if she wasn't green she could be real good. Might still be, if Corrin and Nowi gain traction

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Feb 15, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
With my whiffed pull, I'm starting to feel the burnout already. It's another week for my next pull unless they release new chapters soon, and there's very little much else to do besides arena and getting guys to level cap.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Mister Olympus posted:

On the homepage popup, click "close" then in the second popup it gives you click on "new heroes."

Quickie rundown:

-Ephraim is lance infantry, 100% gimmick of reducing def
-Eirika and Seliph are kind of unfocused and janky with their skills, I guess eirika is about movement (pivot and draw back) and seliph is about getting good at low HP (but vantage would be better for that...)
-Julia has a green magic Falchion and Breath of Life, if she wasn't green she could be real good. Might still be, if Corrin and Nowi gain traction

Eirika has access to two different Hone buffs at the same time (SPD and ATK). Combined with her movement utility, I think that makes her the best non-Dancer support unit in the game right now. That said, unless her raw stats turn out to be amazing, that's mostly useful for gimmicky Nino/Tharja teams.

...And I guess I'll find out, because I drew her.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Feb 15, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
gently caress this stupid game

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Clarste posted:

Eirika has access to two different Hone buffs at the same time (SPD and ATK). Combined with her movement utility, I think that makes her the best non-Dancer support unit in the game right now. That said, unless her raw turn stats turn out to be amazing, that's mostly useful for gimmicky Nino/Tharja teams.

...And I guess I'll find out, because I drew her.

Yeah, and I might be misreading Seliph's skill. Someone should report in whether it works like brave weapons or you still take turns attacking

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Mister Olympus posted:

-Seliph has a gimmick similar to Lyn's where he goes crazy at half health, but more defensive in nature, in exchange for having more health (HP+5)

I just can't help but laugh at that one skill he has that gives him a followup attack on dudes when he's below half health. "Oh poo poo, my dude is dying. I know, I'll make him charge face first into the enemy!"

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
It just seems like this game is going to need to have either more frequent or more substantial content updates to maintain interest. Aside from the Narcian map this was the first update the game's had since launch, and it's 4 new heroes and a 3-map paralogue? Pretty underwhelming.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Spent 30 orbs. Didn't get either Sacred Stones twin, but I got 4* CorrinM and RobinM (plus assorted feather fodder). Can't be mad.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

With my whiffed pull, I'm starting to feel the burnout already. It's another week for my next pull unless they release new chapters soon, and there's very little much else to do besides arena and getting guys to level cap.

They did add 9 maps at least.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm seriously considering going back into reroll hell at this point

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Hahahahahahahaha.
Hahahahahahahaha!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm seriously considering going back into reroll hell at this point

if it makes you feel any better i got 3 tikis from a roll

2 adult and 1 young

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Pulled Ephraim and Julia, both started at ~25 ATK lmao

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Rolled 2.5 times, got 2 Bartres when I already had one. Only notable pull was Ogma when I already have Roy. I just want a good lancerrrr.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Well I didn't get any of the new characters in 3 rolls but it turns out that Lucina still gets a cool intro animation! :buddy:

Also got 5* Jakob and Cain, but why couldn't y'all be Kagero and Abel?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

cpaf posted:

Pulled Ephraim and Julia, both started at ~25 ATK lmao

That's pretty normal for a 5* character with a legendary weapon.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

One pull right off the bat, 5 dupes. Lovely. The minor bright side is that I got another 4* Lissa, so my healer has a whopping one more HP and Attack now. I suppose I'm

I don't know if I like quests that require each of the new focuses, but the reward is pretty nice considering what a pain it is to farm those Great *color* Badges.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Also, question: if I have a 3* Olivia I've been using and rolled a 4* one, what should I do? If I combine the 4* one with my 3* and decide to upgrade to 4* later for Hone Attack 3, do I keep the +1 level?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
So I have two Matthews. One has neutral nature and is at 2* (but ready to promote). The other came at 3* and is -str +def. Assuming I want to keep one of the two (because you never know), which one's preferable? I'm suspecting the 3*, since you aren't really using a thief for their attack power and every little bit of survivability helps.

Philip Rivers posted:

Also, question: if I have a 3* Olivia I've been using and rolled a 4* one, what should I do? If I combine the 4* one with my 3* and decide to upgrade to 4* later for Hone Attack 3, do I keep the +1 level?
Nope. If your 3* Olivia has a better nature you might wanna keep that one, 2000 feathers is not that awful, and if you use her for her dancing perhaps a more defensive nature would be useful in case she has to eat a hit.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Feb 15, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Kyte posted:

So I have two Matthews. One has neutral nature and is at 2* (but ready to promote). The other came at 3* and is -str +def. Assuming I want to keep one of the two (because you never know), which one's preferable? I'm suspecting the 3*, since you aren't really using a thief for their attack power and every little bit of survivability helps.

How do you even check natures for people 3* and below? The calculators I've seen only have data for 4* and 5*. I've also never heard of anyone having a neutral nature.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Henry kept his best level-up line :allears:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Just be happy with your free orbs my homies

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Clawtopsy posted:

Hahahahahahahaha.
Hahahahahahahaha!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

I love him

fairlight
May 18, 2007

Clarste posted:

How do you even check natures for people 3* and below? The calculators I've seen only have data for 4* and 5*. I've also never heard of anyone having a neutral nature.

If you can get them to level 20 and take them to the level-up screen it'll show what their stats will be after they're promoted. I assume eventually people will collect all the stat spreads for 3* characters.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Clarste posted:

That's pretty normal for a 5* character with a legendary weapon.

Ah right, I haven't had any level 1 5*s since launch so I don't remember. Julia seems really good, Ephraim too but specifically for smashing armor units and reds (which is a pretty big group of dudes I guess).

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Philip Rivers posted:

Well I didn't get any of the new characters in 3 rolls but it turns out that Lucina still gets a cool intro animation! :buddy:

Also got 5* Jakob and Cain, but why couldn't y'all be Kagero and Abel?

i was very disappointed to get a 5* Jakob and its still a huge letdown compared to what you can get but he's all right at debuffing people i guess :sigh:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Nya ha! I hardly learnt a thing!

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I had 20 orbs on hand ahead of time and then chugged a couple of stamina potions getting another 20.

My 5* luck is silly in this game. They aren't focus characters but I'm happy! Especially since Kagero is baller. Who's better between M.Corrin and Roy though? Corrin seems to be focused on being a beefy wall and his weapon is pretty cool...

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Sendo posted:

Kind of lovely they added quests that require using one of the focus to complete.

Yeah this is super lovely

Spellman
May 31, 2011

They're pretty generous with great badges. They will surely outpace their needs vs. how long it will take you to get enough feathers for anything

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Clarste posted:

Wiki has the spread of initial 3☆ stats, at least for Matthew. Nature variance is still visible at that stage. Dunno with 1-2☆, but you can just take'em to 20 and check there.
And yeah neutral can happen.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Feb 15, 2017

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Spellman posted:

They're pretty generous with great badges. They will surely outpace their needs vs. how long it will take you to get enough feathers for anything

But if you don't get any of those heroes you're poo poo out of luck

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Centzon Totochtin posted:

But if you don't get any of those heroes you're poo poo out of luck

These quests don't have any follow-ups, no higher difficulty levels or anything, so basically it's just a little bonus for drawing a focus character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe