Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

ProfessorProf posted:

I'm running into a sudden, cripplingly bad issue with OBS. In-game:

In OBS recording:

Never seen this before, don't know why it's happening now. Every scene looks like that, with all the colors distorted and everything half-unreadable. Tried restarting the game, OBS, and the whole computer, no good. Win10 x64, OBS 0.16.2, mode is Game Capture (Window Capture behaves badly in other ways - it shows background windows as layered on top of the game window even when they're behind it). Any idea what the hell is going on?

Is the background picture animated in some way?
It seems to be something with how the game engine does alpha blending that doesn't play together with the capture method at all.

Is it possible to toggle the game between windowed/full screen, and does that make a difference?

If the game isn't too demanding perhaps try running it in a virtual machine (with graphics acceleration support), then capture the VM host window instead of direct capture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
So I've been using the Elgato HD60 to record one computer from another and an issue has been popping up where it exports with desynced audio.

I've been using the source .ts files to edit with which works fine, but using them shows the problem. Three separate audio tracks in the file.

I'm not sure what to change in the Elgato settings to fix this.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I'm trying to use v-dub to record video, and I'm just getting resolution issues. Like, at first it would only record the top corner of my screen. I resolved it. Then, when I went into the game, and recorded test footage, it squished the game to the corner that was previously recording things, and the rest was my desktop. Am I loving something up big time?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

Am I loving something up big time?

You're still using Virtualdub for recording. Consider switching to OBS Studio.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Geemer posted:

You're still using Virtualdub for recording. Consider switching to OBS Studio.

I was going from the, I guess woeful behind, OP.

Tell me more, or link me more about OBS.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

I was going from the, I guess woeful behind, OP.

Tell me more, or link me more about OBS.

https://obsproject.com/

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

nielsm posted:

Is the background picture animated in some way?
It seems to be something with how the game engine does alpha blending that doesn't play together with the capture method at all.
It's not animated. The issue shows up regardless of game - confirmed it also happening for Binding of Isaac and Axiom Verge.

quote:

Is it possible to toggle the game between windowed/full screen, and does that make a difference?
It does not, but switching from Game Capture to Display Capture fixes the visuals. That at least makes this less urgent, but it'd be nice to not have to switch to full screen every time I want to record a scene.

quote:

If the game isn't too demanding perhaps try running it in a virtual machine (with graphics acceleration support), then capture the VM host window instead of direct capture.
I've never done this before, are there straightforward instructions on setting this up?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

My Samson C01U mic is picking up really loud droning ambient noise whenever I record anything. It sounds like I'm recording next to an industrial fridge. Any idea what might be causing that?

Touchfuzzy
Dec 5, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

My Samson C01U mic is picking up really loud droning ambient noise whenever I record anything. It sounds like I'm recording next to an industrial fridge. Any idea what might be causing that?

Is the gain up to/near max? I have my mic set to somewhere around 15-20 in the system settings and it's plenty loud enough when you use proper mic-to-mouth distance.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Touchfuzzy posted:

Is the gain up to/near max? I have my mic set to somewhere around 15-20 in the system settings and it's plenty loud enough when you use proper mic-to-mouth distance.

I lowered the gain and bought Samson Sound Deck and activated noise reduction, and that fixed it. Thanks.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
So I'm using OBS Studio to record SNES footage from OpenEmu (I'm on macOS 10.12.2). I'd instructed OBS to record losslessly so I can get clean screengrabs for my SSLP, but unfortunately avidemux doesn't seem to understand how to interpret the footage (I get garbage and an unwillingness to proceed). MPV can play it, however. Is there an alternative to avidemux I should use, or do I need to reencode using ffmpeg or mencoder?

https://freki.aerdan.org/sample.avi (warning: ~229MB) is a sample of what OBS produced.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Aegisub should be able to open it, you can framestep video easily and there's options to grab frames in right-click on the video.
You can also try VLC.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong to make sharex upload to lpix? (I have my name and password in the actual places).

Sidenote, I'm doing this because rightload is failing to upload anything.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Tae posted:

Sidenote, I'm doing this because rightload is failing to upload anything.

I wanted to ask about this as well - yesterday, Rightload worked just fine, but today it's not uploading anything anymore. Actually uploading onto LPix manually works, but Rightload doesn't want to do anything, it just gives me an "Error: Transfer Failed".

Is there something going on on the backend or is this error on my end?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Someone else asked on discord and me being an idiot decided to see if it worked for me. I got infected by the rightclick failure bug.

I don't have facebook or flicr or anything so I can't try any of the default options to see if they're broken too. Anyone try those uploads?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Same thing happens for me, FYI. My ShareX configuration for LPix upload worked previously, now doesn't.
Probably a bug or other change on LPix then.

Edit: This is the raw response I get back:
code:
<upload>
	<err type="err1">

</err>
</upload>

nielsm fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Feb 12, 2017

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Just tried Rightload and doesn't work for me either. Must be an LPix issue.

Sent baldurk a PM, if anyone has a faster way to contact him go for it.

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

If you won't try to find coherence in the world, have the courtesy of becoming apathetic.
Yeh I updated to HSTS on lpix last night, I forgot about the uploaders that might barf instead of picking that up.

For sharex I think it's a simple fix, just update the config to point to https. When it POSTs to http://lpix.org/api it redirects and only does a GET to https://lpix.org/api which is why it fails. I updated the config if you want to copy paste.

For rightload it's more of a ball-ache. It ships a version of curl, but rightload is so old that the curl dll is from 2008 (!) and can't handshake, and the cert bundle it includes isn't up to date. I've updated the plugin but the install is more involved now since I have to include an updated curl + openssl + cert bundle. So when you get the zip, there are two dlls to put in the root of rightload's folder alongside the exe, and then a plugins folder where you copy the stuff in from there.

Also I make no guarantees that the rightload poo poo is safe/secure, only that it seems to work for me when I tested it. Fun fact: if I return https as the URLs on lpix from the plugin, the bbcode stuff completely breaks and just prints "{Unknown URL}" because it doesn't understand what to do with https. So I had to return http anyway and rely on your browser to do the right thing. The fix for that is to stop using an old abandoned program, I guess.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

baldurk posted:

Yeh I updated to HSTS on lpix last night, I forgot about the uploaders that might barf instead of picking that up.

Cool, works with https url instead!

By the way ShareX does support json returns natively, so you may as well use that to extract the URLs, instead of regex:
code:
{
  "Name": "lpix",
  "DestinationType": "ImageUploader",
  "RequestType": "POST",
  "RequestURL": "https://lpix.org/api",
  "FileFormName": "file",
  "Arguments": {
    "username": "myusername",
    "password": "mypassword",
    "gallery": "Default",
    "output": "json"
  },
  "ResponseType": "Text",
  "URL": "$json:imageurl$",
  "ThumbnailURL": "$json:thumburl$"
}
Maybe you can return the https URLs in separate JSON fields, like "simageurl" and "sthumburl" so newer clients can pick those and old can keep working?

Also another bug, I think: When gallery is specified as "Default" like in the configuration above, my uploads are placed in a separate "Default" folder on my galleries page, rather than in the id -1 folder that's also called Default.

nielsm fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Feb 12, 2017

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

So, is there any way to get ShareX to dump the entire set of URL's for a batch upload into .txt or onto the clipboard? And if there is, is there any way to do the automatic img tags like in Rightload?

E - I just figured it out. In the uploaded list, just select everything and then right click. Menu's are easy from there.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Mysticblade posted:

So, is there any way to get ShareX to dump the entire set of URL's for a batch upload into .txt or onto the clipboard? And if there is, is there any way to do the automatic img tags like in Rightload?

E - I just figured it out. In the uploaded list, just select everything and then right click. Menu's are easy from there.

Last two updates I've made, I set up a hotkey that uploads an image on the clipboard to LPix and puts the URL back on the clipboard. I just wrote my update in the forums post page, so I got automatic img-tag wrapping when I pasted the URLs in.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

At least this got me to try out ShareX, and once I played around enough I think I got it figured out.

Really should have a guide on how to use it though. If no one else does one maybe I'll do it, though of course I'm not yet familiar with the program or how useful it can be with LP's besides Batch Uploading.

Mysticblade posted:

In case it isn't obvious, it's Copy -> Forum (BBCode) Image. It'll copy all the URLs you uploaded with IMG tags. Handy if you use RightloadURLAutoReplace (though that automatically adds image tags if there aren't any anyway).

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 12, 2017

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

If you won't try to find coherence in the world, have the courtesy of becoming apathetic.

nielsm posted:

Maybe you can return the https URLs in separate JSON fields, like "simageurl" and "sthumburl" so newer clients can pick those and old can keep working?

Nah I just forgot these returned full URLs. Changed them to https.

nielsm posted:

Also another bug, I think: When gallery is specified as "Default" like in the configuration above, my uploads are placed in a separate "Default" folder on my galleries page, rather than in the id -1 folder that's also called Default.

Fixed that, although now there won't be a way to upload into that dummy Default gallery, but I doubt that's a problem you can just move the images into the actual default -1 gallery.

I also updated the sharex config to match yours.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Rightload borked for me too and I can't get the new .dll files for it to work, so I guess I'm using ShareX.

quote:

{
"Name": "lpix",
"DestinationType": "ImageUploader",
"RequestType": "POST",
"RequestURL": "https://lpix.org/api",
"FileFormName": "file",
"Arguments": {
"username": "myusername",
"password": "mypassword",
"gallery": "Default",
"output": "json"
},
"ResponseType": "Text",
"URL": "$json:imageurl$",
"ThumbnailURL": "$json:thumburl$"
}

I get that this is the code that goes into ShareX's config file, but it doesn't seem to say where it goes in the config file. What should it look like?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Blarghalt posted:

Rightload borked for me too and I can't get the new .dll files for it to work, so I guess I'm using ShareX.

I get that this is the code that goes into ShareX's config file, but it doesn't seem to say where it goes in the config file. What should it look like?

Destinations -> Destinations Settings, go to the bottom to Custom uploaders. On the middle of the left column, click Import. I just copied the text and clicked "Import From Clipboard" and it did its thing.

When you change your username and password, be sure to click Update right above each time. Then click update on the upper-left column just to make sure.

Still new at this so let me know if I got something wrong/am inefficient in a step or whatever.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Thanks, I think it got it working. Last question: I've looked everywhere, but I can't find where to turn off the really, really obnoxious sound ShareX makes when it finishes uploading a photo.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I think that's Task Settings -> General. Uncheck "Play sound after task is completed", and put "After task is completed: Show nothing" so you don't get overwhelmed with numerous notifications or whatever.

ShareX seems ridiculously fast in uploading images compared to Rightload, too.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Is there a way to make the upload links have the [img] code on them? Posting them straight to the forums doesn't seem to trigger the auto-[img] thing for whatever reason, and doing them individually would be a nightmare since I'm dealing with probably 400 images at a time here.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Select All Uploaded Images, Right Click, Copy -> Forum (BBCode) Image

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I have an issue with sharex bulk upload where sometimes it just replaces one image with a copy within the same bulk.

So insteas of files 1 2 3 4

I get 1 2 2 4

I don't know why?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Is there a way to get Capture2Text to work properly (or a recommended alternative I could try) when you're using a 4K screen and 200% desktop scaling on Windows 10? Right now, when I try to use C2T to grab text from my Jade Empire screenshots it only gives me a garbled mess of letters and random characters.

I tried reverting to 100% scale, but that just made everything unbearably small as you might imagine. I guess I could temporarily set the resolution to 1080p and see if that works any better.

edit: It just started working at 4K/200% scaling. All I did was toggle Capture2Text pre-processing off and back on. :wtc:

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Feb 14, 2017

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Are LPix or Rightload having some issues right now? I can't seem to upload any screenshots, because I get:

"Upload failed - Error: Transfer Failed"

For each image. I seem to be logged in fine, so I'm not sure what it could be.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

LordHippoman posted:

Are LPix or Rightload having some issues right now? I can't seem to upload any screenshots, because I get:

"Upload failed - Error: Transfer Failed"

For each image. I seem to be logged in fine, so I'm not sure what it could be.

Have you tried all the stuff listed on this page? Not being sarcastic, just want to see if this is a new problem or if you just overlooked the earlier conversation we've had about it in here.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Mega64 posted:

Have you tried all the stuff listed on this page? Not being sarcastic, just want to see if this is a new problem or if you just overlooked the earlier conversation we've had about it in here.

Whoops, yeah, I saw ShareX and just sort of assumed "Oh, I don't use that." and skipped it. That's my bad.

Using the settings recommended earlier made it easy to set up as well, thanks for that.

LordHippoman fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Feb 15, 2017

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Tae posted:

I have an issue with sharex bulk upload where sometimes it just replaces one image with a copy within the same bulk.

So insteas of files 1 2 3 4

I get 1 2 2 4

I don't know why?

I'm getting the same issues. It's never consistent either, I'll upload like, 25 images at once and they'll all be fine except like, 20 is a repeat of 16 and images 1-5 are all 3.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The only workaround so far is to just upload one at a time, which isn't that bad since sharex auto uploads and is fast. I'll probably try right load again though since I don't use sharex for anything else.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Couldn't find anything on Google Search, could be a bug and something worth reporting.

This is a completely random guess, but maybe limiting uploads to 1 at a time might help? (Application Settings -> Upload)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mega64 posted:

Couldn't find anything on Google Search, could be a bug and something worth reporting.

This is a completely random guess, but maybe limiting uploads to 1 at a time might help? (Application Settings -> Upload)

That seemed to have work sofar.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

I'm trying to use ShareX, I imported the Config file posted by nielsm, updated the arguments with my username and password, but when I try to upload a file, I'm getting a "URL is empty" error?

Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Might be at the lpix end if nobody else seems to have experienced it and multiple is the default setting.