Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm kinda curious to play Syndicate if only because its set in London.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you hate rear end Creed it's not gonna change your mind but it's the best iteration of the formula.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Wandle Cax posted:

Oh dear we wouldn't want someone enjoying a game on the internet now would we... "bb-b-but it's u-u-u-uu-uubisoft.. *trembles wildly*

Seriously. I wouldn't keep talking about it if it wasn't good. It would be nice if people to give it a shot instead of writing it off without playing it. Or at least let people talk about it without bitching about issues that don't exist?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Seriously. I wouldn't keep talking about it if it wasn't good. It would be nice if people to give it a shot instead of writing it off without playing it. Or at least let people talk about it without bitching about issues that don't exist?

There's a thread for that. You don't have to defend the game's honor in the general PS4 thread. We get it, you like the game.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Obsurveyor posted:

There's a thread for that. You don't have to defend the game's honor in the general PS4 thread. We get it, you like the game.

I think for honor is a game that you have to defend honour.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

AC:Syndicate is worth your time, it's legit good.

Syndicate is hands down the best playing game, however the overall plot is pretty ho hum. I agree in that its absolutely worth playing though.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Obsurveyor posted:

This thread is used for talking about new releases too, mr backseat moderator.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think people are writing off For Hobos without playing it, i think people tried the beta and just weren't impressed.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

What game should i play to become an even worse poster? It seems like its For Honor, but im not sure.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ramagamma posted:

I don't think people are writing off For Hobos without playing it, i think people tried the beta and just weren't impressed.

If criticism was about the actual gameplay instead of complaining about free dlc or typical "ubishit" nonsense I'd be fine with that. It's not for everyone.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

'How dare people talk about game I don't like' is the PS4 thread working as intended.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Do not engage Rama.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

This thread is used for talking about new releases too, mr backseat moderator.

Got it, by "talk about it" you meant "praise only, no criticism". Keep up them pom-poms, you can do it!

If criticism was about the actual gameplay instead of complaining about free dlc or typical "ubishit" nonsense I'd be fine with that. It's not for everyone.

Yeah, let's get back to the important things like whether it's a MOBA or not and what exactly MOBAs are. :rolleyes: Played the closed beta, game is super thin with an interesting rock-paper-scissors mechanic but unless you're really into e-bushido-bow-before-fight or just like chewing through bad AI no thanks. You barely talk about it in your posts in this thread because there's barely any game.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Zipperelli. posted:

Who's currently giving the best trade-in deal on OG PS4's? I'm probably going to begrudgingly pull the trigger on a Pro by trading in one of my current PS4's and probably 3 or 4 games I don't play anymore. Is GameStop still the only place worthwhile?

The best trade-in is selling to a third party.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dodoman posted:

Do not engage Rama.

Pssst Captain Invictus, you are still on your alt account

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm finishing up side missions in Gravity Rush 2 and on the third scene of Battle Nurse 2 where you have to breakfall at the end of a long jump off an air bus, and I have failed to breakfall like 20 times in a row and Kat just face plants every time. I have been playing this game and its prequel for a long time and the breakfall mechanics are nothing special for action games, they had become second nature a long time ago. What am I not understanding here?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Fix posted:

Tomorrow! I got the whole system wiped and the HDD replaced today. Trading in and buying a pro in the morning. One more HD swap and a backup and I'll be back up and running! Really excited.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons JB Hi-Fi's dropped the price on a bunch of PS4 games, including things like Odin Sphere for all of $28AU.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm finishing up side missions in Gravity Rush 2 and on the third scene of Battle Nurse 2 where you have to breakfall at the end of a long jump off an air bus, and I have failed to breakfall like 20 times in a row and Kat just face plants every time. I have been playing this game and its prequel for a long time and the breakfall mechanics are nothing special for action games, they had become second nature a long time ago. What am I not understanding here?

The timing is precise on a gimmick you've never even knew existed before the Battle Nurse segments, and now it expects you to execute it like you've been doing it on every landing you've ever made. You know, instead of faceplanting into the ground at high speed because you don't give a poo poo.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

AC:Syndicate is worth your time, it's legit good. Also the original Rayman isn't so much a 'timeless classic' as an exercise in self-harm considering how hard it gets.

I'll take your word for it. I like assassins creed games. 1 bored me when I arrived in the third (or fourth?) city and I had to do the exact same thing as in the previous city's. Then AC 2 came along and it was great.
Rayman gets incredibly hard and it doesn't stop. For me, the difficulty starts ramping up around the band worlds. But still, the look, the feel, the music and the game play have aged incredibly well. I really like how you had to actually save all the little pink guys to unlock the final world.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Obsurveyor posted:

Obsurveyor posted:

Got it, by "talk about it" you meant "praise only, no criticism". Keep up them pom-poms, you can do it!

Telling him to take his praise elsewhere after he just says he likes the game, then immediately accusing him of telling people to take their criticisms elsewhere when he hasn't done that at all is a pretty weird jedi mind trick.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Samurai Sanders posted:

The mission is dumb and bad and what I ended up convincing myself must be true so as to avoid madness, is that camera positioning matters. I sincerely hope this is not actually true because it would be insanely stupid, but I found I could pull it off only (and even then not consistently) if the camera was more or less horizontal; Kat would then gracefully roll "forward" if I held up on the left stick and timed the dodge correctly. Does she try to roll into the ground if the camera is pointed straight down...? I managed it in the end, somehow.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Electromax posted:

Telling him to take his praise elsewhere after he just says he likes the game, then immediately accusing him of telling people to take their criticisms elsewhere when he hasn't done that at all is a pretty weird jedi mind trick.

He hasn't been praising the game much in the thread, he's been reacting to people crapping on the game/Ubisoft. He said he wanted a safe space to talk about the game and I told him that there was one.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Let's talk more about how to use a mouse and kb with FPS games so I can be called a pay2win cheating scrub on Titanfall 2.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

LordMune posted:

The mission is dumb and bad and what I ended up convincing myself must be true so as to avoid madness, is that camera positioning matters. I sincerely hope this is not actually true because it would be insanely stupid, but I found I could pull it off only (and even then not consistently) if the camera was more or less horizontal; Kat would then gracefully roll "forward" if I held up on the left stick and timed the dodge correctly. Does she try to roll into the ground if the camera is pointed straight down...? I managed it in the end, somehow.

She rolls regardless of camera positioning (I usually do it when the angle is directly over her head). Right before she hits the ground after an especially long fall she makes a little gasping sound, which is your cue to hit R2. I do think you need to hold the stick in a direction as well, though.

e: if this is the mission where you need to jump from one airbus to the next until you reach the lighthouse it's a giant pain in the rear end regardless. I needed to touch down at the very edge of the lighthouse or Kat would roll right off the other side and fail the mission.

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Feb 15, 2017

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Bloodborne is not getting any improvement with the boost feature. Neither will rear end creed, witcher 3, or dark souls 3 :(

https://youtu.be/BLFatxFg0nM

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Feb 15, 2017

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

lite_sleepr posted:

Bloodborne is not getting any improvement with the boost feature. Neither will rear end creed, witcher 3, or dark souls 3 :(

Except all three do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLFatxFg0nM

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You two idiots literally linked the same video. Bloodborne really doesnt get an improvement. It's maybe a 1 or 2 frame rate difference, and so at best is slightly more consistent. Apparently it has better load times though under Boost.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I thought tests prove it helped in the areas where there's lots of frame drops. The games already run close to 30fpsin most areas so the boost wouldn't do much.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Yeah... what the gently caress was that 3 Witches video posted weeks ago, then? I think it very much was stabilized. It's just that the upper threshold wasn't breached. But the performance was brought closer to its cap.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

How is the new Digimon game? After Cyber Sleuth it seems like a step backwards.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
There is a 30fps cap on BB/DS3, so while you might get improvements in areas where the framerate dips, it won't go any higher than that.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

I said come in! posted:

You two idiots literally linked the same video. Bloodborne really doesnt get an improvement. It's maybe a 1 or 2 frame rate difference, and so at best is slightly more consistent. Apparently it has better load times though under Boost.

Yea but i linked it first!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I played the recent beta. Its a bad game. Its a serviceable 1v1 fighting system they built a not 1v1 game around it.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Harlock posted:

How is the new Digimon game? After Cyber Sleuth it seems like a step backwards.

I've been enjoying it, but you kinda have to be into the tomogatchi simulator World style of games. There are some pretty big QoL changes in it, like having two partner digimon, directly giving attack orders, seeing evolution requirements with praise/scolding, etc.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

seems odd to use two concrete examples of the boost improving performance to support the assertion that the boost doesnt improve performance

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Game of the Universe Rocket League getting pro patch on Tuesday. Rejoice.

jeffLebowski
Mar 6, 2006

Obviously, you're not a golfer.
i think the underlying reason for the popular hate boner surrounding for honor simply comes down to its price. the amount of content it offers would be considered light for a f2p game; its flat out laughable for a 60 dollar release. then they have the balls to throw in microtransactions and a season pass as well? i wont deny its a cool idea, and an interesting concept. but the pricing, and the sheer gall of ubisoft to expect people to lap up their content-light product at 60 + 40 is just rubbing people the wrong way.

keep in mind... just last week we saw nioh, a game with 18 huge main missions, dozens of side missions, multiple multiplayer modes--a game that will last you hundreds of hours if you wish--released for the same price as a glorified multiplayer only game (yes... im aware of the campaign, but we all know exactly how much effort went into it... namely, very little). compared to other options out there with better value propositions, for honor looks like an awfully poor choice right now. hell, i will probably give it a shot when it inevitably hits 20 bucks.

also people have just sort of had it with ubisofts overly-focus-grouped, mediocre, vanilla design sensibilities.

and on a personal level, i have to ask: why did they make an in-depth medieval combat fighting system, then poo poo it up with glowing ui elements and power-ups, along with pretty much every other immersion-breaking visual choice you could imagine. maybe its just me, but participating in a gritty castle siege while neon blue auras pop up and magically heal my fellow dudes just really kills the vibe for me.

jeffLebowski fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Feb 15, 2017

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

lite_sleepr posted:

rear end Creed Syndicate doesn't use boost mode because it has an actual Pro patch (as does the Ezio collection), and AC Unity was shown in another one of these videos to get a significant performance upgrade with the boost. The only AC game unaccounted for here is Black Flag, but that already ran fine on base PS4.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Serious talk how does the combat compare in FH to Chivalry.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Is there no Horizon thread? I wanted to know what people had to say about it!