Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Leon Cross posted:

Any good "in character" Let's Plays?

Freeman's Mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Leon Cross posted:

I've recently been enjoying the Krillian Play's that TFS puts out, and was wondering if anyone else does anything similar (without it sucking rear end, anyways).

Depends on your definition of "in character", but my good friend CJacobs did a really cool LP of Spec Ops: The Line where his commentary purposfully gets more unhinged as the game goes along to mirror Martin Walker's own mental unraveling over the course of the game. And then if you want to see the "straight" LP, you can check out the FUBAR Mode bonus LP as well.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Leon Cross posted:

In which Corvo is an extremely fast idiot

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Oh, drat, forgot about this one. Seconding this so hard, it is utterly hilarious.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Everyone should go an read Gond. It's short, sweet and full of puns.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

I just watched it all right now, and I'm definitely thirding it.

Leon Cross
May 10, 2016
Ha! Thanks for the various recommendations guys. I'll be sure to check them out.

nine-gear crow posted:

Depends on your definition of "in character", but my good friend CJacobs did a really cool LP of Spec Ops: The Line where his commentary purposefully gets more unhinged as the game goes along to mirror Martin Walker's own mental unraveling over the course of the game. And then if you want to see the "straight" LP, you can check out the FUBAR Mode bonus LP as well.

I'll have to give it a watch. I think it was his blind RE4 play I just watched a few days ago, and I enjoyed it. (Even if he was needlessly obtuse about certain things. *Insert raging about first time playing and treasure maps, as well as hording money and not buying upgrades* *Shakes fist at the heavens).

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I don't remember if I asked about this before, so here goes; can someone recommend me a good LP of the PSX X-Files game?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
What are some good horror vlps? Not like resident evil stuff, more atmospheric things. I really enjoyed this LP, as an example: Blackstone Chronicles

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

What are some good horror vlps? Not like resident evil stuff, more atmospheric things. I really enjoyed this LP, as an example: Blackstone Chronicles

Outlast was fantastic!

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
A while back was reading a screenshot LP of Witcher 2, and then gave it up. I wanted to go back to read it again, but couldn't find it in the archive. Does anyone have a link?

Edit: Nevermind, it was Witcher 1 and I found it.

Patrick Spens fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Feb 17, 2017

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Could anyone recommend a good LP of the new King's Quest? I'm looking for someone that manages to be both appreciative and into the story while at the same time being somewhat competent. I mean, I don't need them to already know the solution to every puzzle, but I'd appreciate not having to watch them failr for half an hour before getting anything done.

ninja edit: man after rereading it really does sound like I'm asking for a lot. I'll settle for entertaining over competent if it comes down to that.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Feb 19, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Is there a good LP of System Shock out there? The two in the master list are essentially dead, and I want to see the game.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

paradoxGentleman posted:

Could anyone recommend a good LP of the new King's Quest? I'm looking for someone that manages to be both appreciative and into the story while at the same time being somewhat competent. I mean, I don't need them to already know the solution to every puzzle, but I'd appreciate not having to watch them failr for half an hour before getting anything done.

ninja edit: man after rereading it really does sound like I'm asking for a lot. I'll settle for entertaining over competent if it comes down to that.

Day9 does a show where he and two friends play through adventure games, old and new.
I enjoy watching it every Monday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n22oge8tp1k

E: Cripes this was 1 and a half years ago, also only for chapter 1.

Gildiss fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Feb 21, 2017

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

Is there a good LP of System Shock out there? The two in the master list are essentially dead, and I want to see the game.

which one, 1 or 2

for the first one there's this one on youtube though I can't vouch for its quality

double nine fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Feb 20, 2017

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Might not be the right thread to ask this but there's no chat thread or question thread

So I just finished the Planescape Torment lp and I heard Chris Avellone commented on it? Is there a link to that anywhere?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

double nine posted:

which one, 1 or 2

for the first one there's this one on youtube though I can't vouch for its quality

The first one! There's a completed informative LP on the archive already for 2, though I haven't seen it yet.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out!

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I just caught up with Grey Hunter's excellent Japanese day by day, and also the Rule The Waves one that's been going on for awhile. Are there any other really good strategy LPs (preferably on the Forums, because it's easier for me to bookmark where I left off) I should look at? Or non-video ones? They've been great to thumb through while eating lunch or whatnot.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

I just caught up with Grey Hunter's excellent Japanese day by day, and also the Rule The Waves one that's been going on for awhile. Are there any other really good strategy LPs (preferably on the Forums, because it's easier for me to bookmark where I left off) I should look at? Or non-video ones? They've been great to thumb through while eating lunch or whatnot.

Most of them also exist on the LP Archive by the same person, and LP Archive does cookie-based bookmarking at the top.

War In The East comes to mind, along with his previous US run of the pre-Rule The Waves version of the War in the Pacific.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
yo, are there any decent Nuclear Throne streams or lps going on the forum atm that I'm just not seeing?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Blind Sally posted:

yo, are there any decent Nuclear Throne streams or lps going on the forum atm that I'm just not seeing?

None that I'm aware of. I've watched a bunch of non-goon SleepCycles' Nuclear Throne videos on YouTube, though. Dude has like 500 of them and is pretty good at banter.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Non-goon horheristo is phenomenal at Nuclear Throne, in some of his videos he has edited the sprites and sounds to make them annoyingly memey. This recent video of a L10 YV run has no edits or meme noises, just some music in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_CW3015aEo

DevilAzite regularly streams Nuclear Throne, is quite good and a cool dude. He's part of the Pit Crew, along with SmiteSA, TieTuesday, SleepCycles and a bunch of other duders.

https://www.twitch.tv/devilazite

But if anyone wants to NT Together get at me on Steam.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Besides dazzling addar's, whose I'm "caught up on", are there any good blind Dark Souls 3 LP's for me to watch while I play through for the first time? Not so much to follow and play identically, but see alternative routes I didn't take or the like.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Uh, Dark Souls 3 is mostly linear. You won't find alternative routes in there.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Leon Cross posted:

I've recently been enjoying the Krillian Play's that TFS puts out, and was wondering if anyone else does anything similar (without it sucking rear end, anyways).

This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but you may enjoy it anyway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTIdl-LW5OU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Are you following Rock Paper Scissors?

If not, why the hell not?!

Trip Hazard
Jan 17, 2017
Hi everyone, first time poster. Thanks a bunch for all of the links to all of the amazing let's play series!

I wanted to share one that I particularly enjoy. A few weeks ago, I posted about it on the Idle Thumbs forum, but it didn't get much of a response. That's a real shame because, I think, this is one of the funniest series ever. The editing is good at respecting your time and creating moments of comedy, so all credit to Mechagamezilla for that.

Let me set the scene: Richie is playing Dark Souls on Twitch. Richie has never played Dark Souls before. Richie does not play games very often. So why play Dark Souls, a notoriously difficult game? Because his friends thought it would be funny to watch him try.

It is funny to watch, but it is also funny to participate. His friends send him many conflicting messages in the twitch chat. Sometimes the messages are helpful, but usually this is accidental. More often the messages are not helpful at all. Sometimes they are actively unhelpful. Almost always they are openly abusive.

Richie struggles valiantly on. He overcomes many hurdles, but suffers terrible setbacks. Sometimes he feels he will not succeed, and should give the whole thing up.

Richie hasn't given up yet

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Fedule posted:

This thread is legitimately fascinating.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fedule posted:

Thank you for letting me know :stare:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Fedule posted:

Honestly, as a player I kinda want it to be over so I can finally look what y'all posted in the observer and enemy team threads.

A GODDAMN TYPO
Oct 22, 2008

I'm looking for an LP of the Hitman games. Preferably someone who knows what they're doing. Audio commentary, rather than subtitled (or SSLP, because why would you for a Hitman game?). I've seen the 2016 Hitman, and I want to know more about the others.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Fedule posted:

I read the whole thing two nights ago, and I thought it was completely amazing.

As of right now, it's one of the best, most dramatic, tensest LPs I've ever seen.

This loving subforum, man :shepface:

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Are there any good LPs of the Halo franchise?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Any good LPS of Witcher 3? Tried it a while back, the gameplay wasnt for me but Ive come to understand its more the story anyway. Preferably video lp no commentary

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

the_american_dream posted:

Any good LPS of Witcher 3? Tried it a while back, the gameplay wasnt for me but Ive come to understand its more the story anyway. Preferably video lp no commentary

Level 1 Thief is doing a VLP of the Blood and Wine DLC with his friend that's kind of quietly flown under the radar for a while, but that's really it for LPs of the Witcher 3 on the forums. It's still one of those games that people write off as "Too Big to LP", sadly.

...That said, I wonder whatever happened to the Super Natty Bros.? Did they ever finish their terrible SwoleCam LP of W3? The world may never know.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

the_american_dream posted:

Slowbeef is slowly making his way through Witcher 3 at the moment- this is the first video.

Beef's almost always entertaining, but it's recorded from a stream so there's plenty of chatter and not much editing. It might not be what you're looking for but I enjoyed it a lot.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Mind you it's definitely not for you if you're looking for competent play; it gets almost physically painful at points (and I'm saying that as someone who usually doesn't mind bumbling in LPs).

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

morallyobjected posted:

my wife hates playing scary games but loves watching them. any recommendations for subtitled horror-ish games (she doesn't like people talking over stuff very much)? we've already watched Bioshock, SOMA, and Outlast

Look up Voidburger on the LP archive, she has done great subtitled LP's of several silent hill games.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
There's also The Man With A Hat's Dead Space one, which I remember was really good, if your definition of horror can stretch to fit it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Recently, I stumbled across Game Grump's LP of the King's Quest series and, from what I've seen so far, it's a pretty good LP. Dan seems to be a big fan of the franchise and is pretty informative whereas Ross gimmicks are usually pretty funny and his surprise whenever he guesses one of the dumber puzzles is pretty fun. They got a good dynamic between the two of them that keeps the LP both informative and funny and they manage to keep the normal youtube LP problems, from what I've seen so far, to a minimum. Can't speak for their Space Quest stuff, however, as they tackled SQ IV before KQ and it seems much rougher as a result.

They've completed V and VI so far, to my knowledge, and have at least tackled (didn't check if they finished) the latest KQ's for modern consoles and PC.