Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Wallet posted:

You're trying to snap a fence on top instead of another fence foundation (which may or may not work, I haven't actually tried it) but you also may need to make the line longer to find a place the first one will snap. You can also try putting pillars down first, even if you want to remove them after.

Ah ok, so I extended the foundation and put an auxiliary fence foundation outside the blocks to snap more foundations on to.

Now to figure out the pillars....

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Feb 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Finally got this....

Time to think about a practical use when base building.

Besides, I removed the morning reboot for the goon EU server, it's probably not necessary and only resets the wheels of pain, which is kinda annoying when trying to break higher tier thralls.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Hammerstein posted:

Finally got this....

Time to think about a practical use when base building.

Hooray! Sorry my initial explanation wasn't super clear.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Wallet posted:

Hooray! Sorry my initial explanation wasn't super clear.

No worries, you were more than helpful. It's the game which makes some building mechanics seem really odd.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I'm still getting heavy freezing and stuttering on a regular basis. I have a 3.5ghz 4 core Intel processor and a 1060. Temps are running okay, I've tried capping the fps and turning the graphics both to their lowest setting and it makes no difference. Any tips?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
It's not a very optimized game. Maybe go into the .ini file and set shadows to 0?

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I set up an east coast 3x harvesting/xp pvp server on the east coast.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3809838

its at 68.101.47.230:27017

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Gay Horney posted:

I'm still getting heavy freezing and stuttering on a regular basis. I have a 3.5ghz 4 core Intel processor and a 1060. Temps are running okay, I've tried capping the fps and turning the graphics both to their lowest setting and it makes no difference. Any tips?

There is a launch option people have been suggesting that is supposed to make it use all available cores. I'd tell you exactly what it is but I'm not at my computer right now.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Gay Horney posted:

Try going into the Task Manager after you've launched Conan - > Click on the Details tab - > Right click on the Conan program(s) - > Select Set Priority High

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Gay Horney posted:

Do you have a HDD? If so, that's it. I have the same setup but a SSD and no problems at all. I've read a lot of people with HDDs have issues with stuttering.

Don't know why people say the game isn't optimized well. It plays flawlessly for me in single player. Already far more optimized than ARK has ever been.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

Γ°ΒŸΒ‘Β½
Yeah I had to move it to my tiny 120 gig ssd with my os. Barely fits but stutters are gone.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I love this game but being forced to run a UE4-based game on my SSD is pretty :mediocre:

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

GoGoGadget posted:

Don't know why people say the game isn't optimized well. It plays flawlessly for me in single player. Already far more optimized than ARK has ever been.

because i can run other open world games that look alot better at 60-120fps on high/ultra settings, while struggling to get 60 on medium/high in this. it's early access though, so i'm willing to cut them some slack. if it runs like this on release, they hosed up.

Das Butterbrot fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 14, 2017

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Patch coming out soonish, hopefully this week:

Performance and Tech fixes

• Fixes to loading screens
• Server Performance Fixes
• NPCs should be less jittery when rotating
• A fix for connecting to servers via the steam server browser and when using steamconnect
• Buildings should now load in much faster
• Placeables placed on foundations and ceiling tiles will now be saved correctly
• Several improvements to how rocks behave when they are harvested

General Bug Fixes and improvements

• Small Placeables will no longer claim land (!)
• NPC Camps now have their own land claim to prevent people from building so close to them that they stop spawning NPCs (!!)
• You should no longer get phantom duplicates in the wheel of pain
• T2 Altars should no longer disappear
• Surrender should no longer break early when using fists
• Removed invisible collision that was blocking a certain chest in the world
• Arrows will now longer shoot in “Random crazy directions”
• Ranged weapons should now always fire correctly
• Rhinos should no longer try to walk through players
• Palisades will now correctly deal damage on contact
• Palisades should now be easier to place
• Fixed a case where players were able to destroy rocks with their fists. Sorry, but this privilege is reserved only for Conan himself.
• Fixed an issue where interactable objects would spam “Press E to interact” on the GUI
• Added an arrow to many placeables to help players orient them correctly
• The Offering of Mitra recipe now correctly requires 1 human heart and 1 unblemished meat
• Fixed an issue with stair placement detection
• The Gong and the Horn will now be audible over greater distances
• Added new emotes that can be learned by tracking down Story NPCs and getting them to teach you

Balance and Gameplay Fixes

• Some feat requirements have been simplified or removed. For example, it is now possible to learn Journeyman Craftsman as soon as you hit level 10. Due to the impact of this change all players have gotten a free feat respec.
• Ansel will now respect collision preventing people from moving through walls and other structures
• Non Admins will be restricted to 2 meters of movement when using Ansel
• Balance pass on Bows. Simple Bow range has been increased, Hyrkanian Bow range has been dramatically increased. Crossbow range has been reduced but they now shoot much faster
• We have done an overhaul on what monsters can damage which tier of buildings. If you haven’t upgraded from sandstone you might want to think about doing that.
• Increased crafting XP across the board with greater increases for crafting more complex (higher tier) items
• Inverted Wooden Roof Wedge and Stonebrick Frame now require Journeyman Craftsman instead of Master Craftsman
• Black rocks in the starting desert are now harvestable
• Higher grade tools will now yield higher amounts of secondary resources (Bark/branches)
• Resetting your Knowledge Points will no longer cause you to lose your selected religion
• Removed Corruption sources from starting area caves
• Removed the Regen component from Purified Meat. This perk is reserved to Mitra's Ambrosia and Healing Potions. Purified Meat is still an extremely good food source
• Player corpses can only be harvested for religious purposes once every 30 minutes
• Balance pass on the amount of materials requires for basic chemistry potions
• Armor drops removed from chests
• Emus will now give less XP

Visual Improvements

• The Dogs of the Desert finally got their uniform shipment and will be donning their new outfits
• Visual adjustment to the Medium Tasset to reduce clipping issues
• Visual adjustments to the Setite Choker and Shendyt to reduce clipping issues
• Cutless and Falcata have had their icons updates
• Visual flair added to several hairstyles
• Visual improvements to female heads

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
tl:dr for important changes:

Everyone gets free feat respec due to changes and using a potion to reset them will no longer remove your religion

Single blocks of foundation will no longer claim land like before, probably

NPC camps have land claim so you can't build close enough for them to despawn

More animals can now damage T1 buildings

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I am now getting a separate bug.
so it says steam is trying to luanchw ith optional parameter battleeye then says OK or cancel. Hitting OK brings up the same dialog box except it says battleeye twice. Hitting OK again then trying to launch the game again says it can't launch because it's already running.but the process isn't running anywhere. Tried restarting computer, validating, then deleting and re-downloading plus unininstalling and reinstalling battleeye. Any ideas??

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
I get that when launching from the steam library, do you get it when launching from steam server browser or a desktop shortcut as well?

Sapphira
Apr 7, 2006

Martout posted:

Patch coming out soonish, hopefully this week:

Some great stuff in there. The rhino fix will be super welcome around my base.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
RIP Yog meat. All hail Mitra.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Started playing this a few days ago. I really hope they increase player melee range sometime, or decrease enemy melee range. I got over encumbered while fighting a pack of hyenas and literally couldn't hit them at all because they could attack from so far away.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Yog meat still really good, just not super OP. That's fine.

Placeable things not blocking spawns as easily is cool I guess, except I worry that it'll just be "build two foundations" instead. They should just turn off spawn blocking altogether except for the object/structure locations themselves, esp since NPC camps are now reserved. Could still preserve the build blocking radius.

Bow overhaul is good, we will have to see if it's actually enough to make them worth using.

Bark/branch improvement is great. Maybe bark won't be a silly bottleneck anymore.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Martout posted:

I get that when launching from the steam library, do you get it when launching from steam server browser or a desktop shortcut as well?

I get a slightly different error when I launch from the server browser and the same error when I launch from a desktop shortcut.

Alunan
May 27, 2008
GSF [PVP] Public Miami - Mittani's Wasteland

Mainly EVE goons, but all welcome. PVP, standard settings.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

This patch is AMAZING and fixes almost everything I've heard complained about on a daily basis. Holy balls.

Ruggan posted:

Placeable things not blocking spawns as easily is cool I guess, except I worry that it'll just be "build two foundations" instead. They should just turn off spawn blocking altogether except for the object/structure locations themselves, esp since NPC camps are now reserved. Could still preserve the build blocking radius.

Nah, if they did that you could just build a tower onto someone's base. Which I guess wouldn't be that bad, but still...

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

funcom seems to be listening to player feedback based on the patch notes :unsmith:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Say what you will they are def actively working on the game and fairly transparent.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Any tips for protecting my poo poo hovel? I set my base up in a nice spot out of the way and hidden but occasionally someone swings by to destroy all my storage containers and it's really annoying. I'm only level 10 with stone poo poo and no thralls so idk what I should be doing to prevent it.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Glenn Quebec posted:

Say what you will they are def actively working on the game and fairly transparent.

They have a pretty sweet cadence going with the patches. The building aspect of the game is already pretty drat good. Good enough that I'm actually into it (I normally don't play these types of games). If/When they flesh out some of the NPC/Adventure/RPG elements of the game it'll be pretty drat amazing.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Popete posted:

Any tips for protecting my poo poo hovel? I set my base up in a nice spot out of the way and hidden but occasionally someone swings by to destroy all my storage containers and it's really annoying. I'm only level 10 with stone poo poo and no thralls so idk what I should be doing to prevent it.

No. You just eat poo poo. Leave your hovel and try to find an even more remote location.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Popete posted:

Levelling up. Pretty much everything you own is subject to getting ganked until you can learn level 2 structures.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Spanish Matlock posted:

Levelling up. Pretty much everything you own is subject to getting ganked until you can learn level 2 structures.

Yeah, you really want to focus on leveling. You're much more limited by access to recipes than you are availability of materials, at least early on.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

We just made it to iron weapons, just about to crack level 2 structures, but we built a nice base with a series of gates and walls to keep people out, so they'd have to cut through some multiple layers of defense, also we weren't in a hugely trafficked area. Definitely don't build big boxes on flat plains, or you'll get your poo poo wrecked.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

On my server we have a regular war going on as we are locked in a three faction war to stranglehold the iron ore. I'd say me and my friends are slowly losing but I refuse to use any sort of admin advantage.

Alunan
May 27, 2008
How dangerous are sandstorms? Do they reach into the oasises on the edge?

Sapphira
Apr 7, 2006
That big patch already hit, get playing! :woop:

Filipino Freakout
Mar 20, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alunan posted:

How dangerous are sandstorms? Do they reach into the oasises on the edge?

Right now they don't do anything that I'm aware of, I've heard the intention is eventually to have it drain health based on the amount of Shelter you're under.

I've seen some of the wind/debris things blowing around but never the full effect in the far south.

Also patch hype, all these changes sound good but I can't check it out until later tonight :negative:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Sand storms are actually really cool looking in this game. Only been hit by one once but seeing a huge brown wall moving towards you and then your visibility dropping down to ~10 feet is pretty sweet.

Doesn't currently do damage or anything though.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
So starting to think about seriously pulling the trigger on this. I've got a group of friends who are interested but a couple of them are arguing that for 30 bucks it's too much for such a new game and want to wait for a sale. Thing is, given the success this game has had since release I doubt it'll go on sale any time soon....if ever. Though I'm not familiar with Funcom's history of marking down their games.

The other thing holding me back is the instability of the official servers. I know from Ark and Rust that official servers suck but how hard is it to find a decent unofficial server? Especially with all the issues the server browser currently has. Is the Goon server something that would be ok with me being able to run around on my own or will I just get griefed?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

lilspooky posted:

So starting to think about seriously pulling the trigger on this. I've got a group of friends who are interested but a couple of them are arguing that for 30 bucks it's too much for such a new game and want to wait for a sale. Thing is, given the success this game has had since release I doubt it'll go on sale any time soon....if ever. Though I'm not familiar with Funcom's history of marking down their games.

The other thing holding me back is the instability of the official servers. I know from Ark and Rust that official servers suck but how hard is it to find a decent unofficial server? Especially with all the issues the server browser currently has. Is the Goon server something that would be ok with me being able to run around on my own or will I just get griefed?

I don't know that early access games ever go on sale. The bottom line is there is plenty of game and content to be had for your 30 bucks but early access definitely means instability. The good news is that funcom has already made huge improvements across the board since day one and the game is now more or less smooth and stable.

My group of friends and I had the same dilemma with respect to servers. Basically you have three options. You can go to an adminless official server and deal with the ramifications of having people able to do whatever they want,, go for a private server not run by you and hope for the best, or throw your own server up. We elected to rent a server and just have everyone pitch and it has been pretty great. It was something like 25 bucks from nfoservers, I'd never run a server before and was able to get it up and running in a few minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Just got suckered into buying this since I always wanted to have a big dong. 4 1/2 hours left on the download. AU internet is so bad.

Couple of questions

1. Anyone playing on or can recommend a good Australian server?

2. Is your character level persistent if you change servers?

• Locked thread