Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Two Finger posted:

which insubordinate follower do you punch in the face? i'm struggling here. grunt?

Zaeed on his personal mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

just lol if you didn't burn the refinery down

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

ME2 had the best one-liners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pIrsQdjtAI

Also I thought that the Femshep voice was way better than Dudeshep. Dudeshep sounded like a bored IT guy.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The Rat posted:

ME2 had the best one-liners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pIrsQdjtAI

Also I thought that the Femshep voice was way better than Dudeshep. Dudeshep sounded like a bored IT guy.

Dudeshep works better for being the Paragon space good guy, Femshep is a better rear end in a top hat.

Although Dudeshep shows remarkable improvement as the series goes on. ME1, he's almost whiny and hard to take seriously, ME2 is better, and ME3 is actually okay. Femshep's voice actress has been doing the "vaguely bored, vaguely bitchy" voice for decades now and doesn't really deviate over the course of the series.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
It pains me to say this, but I barely use my Oculus Rift so I'm probably going to sell it. It's really too bad. I just got the Touch controllers but they just weren't enough to spark my interest again. The thing really needs a killer app or it's going to be dead within a year.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
poo poo can I talk about the history of VR, why it was always bad and always be bad and always be a fad now? I mean without N4I thinking that talking about the flaws of something means I am upset and stopping people from enjoying it instead of warning them about a huge cost item that will disappear soon?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
:nallears:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I get Nioh tonight. Pumped

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
The new Conan game has potential. Looks like they're going for Dark Souls meets Rust/OG Day Z/etc. The floppy dick physics are on point

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

The new Conan game has potential. Looks like they're going for Dark Souls meets Rust/OG Day Z/etc. The floppy dick physics are on point

after having played it for a few hours, i disagree. the actual progression and unlock tree seems pretty shallow, and the combat is loving godawful. maybe theyll unfuck it but id stay away for now, especially at the 30 buck price they want for it

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

ded posted:

Mass Effect 2 was pretty much peak.

Blow poo poo the gently caress up? CHECK!
Punch reporter in the face? CHECK!
Punch insubordinate follower in the face AS A PARAGON? CHECK!
Push rear end in a top hat mook off a ledge to his death? CHECK!
Bad dancing? CHECK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOXR_0wO6GA&t=4s

I just looked at my Steam account and apparently I put 250 hours into ME2. That game was pretty much everything I wanted from a sci-fi action game. Played the demo of ME3 and it just didn't click with me at all for reasons I can't really figure out, I should probably give it another shot.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I did the right thing and canceled my ME preorder

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

The ME trilogy is kind of a weird beast.
The first was unquestionably the best if you wanted the whole exploration thing.
The second by far had the best relationships/cool poo poo (I hesitate to call it a plot, because the biggest part of the game was all the subplots)
The third had the best combat mechanically but let itself down on the story. It had sick as gently caress multi though

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I liked 3 the best. How I played it it was like "well, we're probably totally hosed, but we're gonna be bros and get together and run afuck and meet up with old friends and make some new ones along the way".

Also, if you want a cripplingly depressing story line, bang whoever in 1, Thane in 2, and then in 3watch your boyfriend die, and in the DLC go through his vid mails that didn't get to you as you go through his poo poo, and hold a depressing wake with his son and all your bros. The you later gank Kai Leng with about 2 feet of omni blade through about every major organ in what was a thoroughly satisfying moment.

Alternatively 3 was the worst because of loving banshees, goddamn.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
which one had Freddie Prinze Jr? 3? :allears:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

not caring here posted:

I liked 3 the best. How I played it it was like "well, we're probably totally hosed, but we're gonna be bros and get together and run afuck and meet up with old friends and make some new ones along the way".

Also, if you want a cripplingly depressing story line, bang whoever in 1, Thane in 2, and then in 3watch your boyfriend die, and in the DLC go through his vid mails that didn't get to you as you go through his poo poo, and hold a depressing wake with his son and all your bros. The you later gank Kai Leng with about 2 feet of omni blade through about every major organ in what was a thoroughly satisfying moment.

Alternatively 3 was the worst because of loving banshees, goddamn.

haha i was playing vanguard so the first banshee i ever saw wrecked my poo poo when i charged it

yeah prinze jr was in 3

he was a pretty good character too honestly

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://vimeo.com/203014674

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

welp solddddd

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I threw down for the Star Wars Humble Bundle because I'm a big nerd. I already had some of the games, but I went top-tier for the t-shirt.

GiP regulars, PM me if you want any of the following on PC. Links are delivered via the humble bundle website, but you'll need Steam for the games:

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Star Wars: Starfighter
The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition (includes a bunch of DLC)
Empire at War: Gold Pack (includes the Forces of Corruption add-on)

First come, first served.

Edit: if you don't have plat, you can just reply in the thread, but then I'll laugh when somebody else clicks the key link before you do.

Arc Light fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Feb 15, 2017

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Pft I want Dark Forces.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1527

Byuu no longer working on his SNES preservation project, which was a big deal for the emulator world. he's done really crazy work on getting his stuff running as accurately as possible

basically he was working with people around the world to get a full, complete clean romset for SNES, for NTSC and PAL regions. He was working with a dude from Germany who had a ton of the PAL games that didnt get a clean dump previously. They would ship boxes of 100+ games at a time via USPS, he'd dump and send him back, until a box was lost mid-shipping. Byuu's paying him back completely, but he's stopping the project as of now :(

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I'm almost 100% achievement on mgsv on steam. But because steam achievements don't matter I want to do it on ps4 except I'm only around mission 25 or 26. So to prevent burnout I bought a ps3 and I'm gonna play 2,3,4 and peace Walker :anime:

Started 4 last night. Sure are a lot of cutscenes, but dang the gameplay feels :ocelot: :madmax:

Edit: and ground zeroes. And I may attempt revengeance but I don't know if my donkey brains can handle it

Fart Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Feb 14, 2017

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Holy poo poo. Playing Bloodborne feels like the first time I played a Souls game. I'm getting completely owned.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Holy poo poo. Playing Bloodborne feels like the first time I played a Souls game. I'm getting completely owned.

ive tried hard to get into it and its never gotten its claws into me

i'll play ds2 all day every day though

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Ark on the xbone isnt bad come play on server 422. gently caress you dinos are cool.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Melthir posted:

Ark on the xbone isnt bad come play on server 422. gently caress you dinos are cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Aq-gm3An0

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

New Zelda gonna have an expansion pass. Some people are pissed? It's $20 which isn't too insulting. My only concern with poo poo like this is did they just dice up the game to make DLC (a la Destiny) or because they're rushing the release and can't finish the cxontent 🤔

quote:

**Expansion Pass Bonus** March 3rd, 2017

* 3 new Treasure Chests
* Found in the Great Plateau
* Contains useful items
* Includes exclusive in-game clothing

**DLC Pack 1** Summer 2017

* Adds new Cave of Trials challenge
* New Hard Mode
* Additional Map Feature

**DLC Pack 2** Holiday 2017

* New original story
* New dungeon
* Additional challenges

Can't purchase individually and it'll be available on wii-u

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
gently caress it. 422 is a no raid server full of idiots who run around all day hopeing the big alpha tribe will save them. New update launched today that lets you put lasers on T Rex's. You can club people unconscious put them in cuffs and force feed them to keep them from starving and make a gimp if they piss you off. Wanna grab a giant bird and drop raptors into your neighbors house because he is an idiot and wont stop trying to steal your poo poo. Wanna live on a boat with turrents on it? you can. Want to ride a shark? you can. Yes its in beta and there are problems but its a pretty drat good drinking game.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
The next dynasty warriors spin off is gonna be an anime

http://store.steampowered.com/app/502280/

I guess they all have been animes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WDwkymhmpk

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 15, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Third World Reggin posted:

I guess they all have been animes

I mean yeah lol

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Just picked up Shadow of Mordor GOTY for $15. Includes all DLC. Should be fun.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
Play foxhole on steam, its in pre-alpha and there are so many rolls to fill its awesome. Dont wanna shoot things? Mine some scrap for some dude to make it into arty shells and ammo.

Dont wanna mine endlessly? Be a supplies truck driver! People will commend you and all you're doing is diving between enemy lines trying not to get shot at.

Dont wanna drive? Well do some sneeky breeky stuff and plant mines on the enemy supply lines! You'll blow things up and give our boys a better chance at pushing the enemy!

gently caress I love this game. I wish the voip worked better and it wasnt so laghappy but as I've said its pre-alpha. They intend to make it a persistent one world MMO

I always play on wardens side and just drive scrap around, its my ultimate S4 simulator.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Can we just be done with this pre-alpha bullshit? Never buying another early access game goddamn.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

The only game I've bought pre alpha that I didn't regret was Kerbal Space Program.

Oh and The Long Dark.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Handsome Ralph posted:

The only game I've bought pre alpha that I didn't regret was Kerbal Space Program.

Oh and The Long Dark.

Insurgency and ARMA III were good Alpha pick ups for me. That said, ARMA III was more fun in alpha because much like Bethesda, the bugs are better than the features

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

after having played it for a few hours, i disagree. the actual progression and unlock tree seems pretty shallow, and the combat is loving godawful. maybe theyll unfuck it but id stay away for now, especially at the 30 buck price they want for it

That's pretty fair. It's pretty shallow right now and the controls are wonky, but it shows some promise in what they're going for, who knows if it will be realized, but the potential is there

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Went to the foxhole page and it's straight listed as Pre-Early Access. It doesn't cost anything but god drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
7 Days to Die has been a worthwhile alpha investment. I think I bought it 2 or 3 years ago, still playing. Still getting regular updates, the devs are still listening to the players.