Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I bet 90hp would be pretty fast in that thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

TACTICAL SANDALS posted:

Someone please tell me how terrible these are because I think I'm in love

Almost bought one of these in worse shape when it popped up for sale near me. Before I could even decided if I wanted the rusted out abomination, the listing disappeared. I'm guessing someone snapped it up. Everything about them is rad. FWD transverse mounted, same motor as the omni iirc but with a legit 1/4 ton rear suspension.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Same drivetrain and chassis as the Omni. Shelby actually even worked on a GLHS version, but ended up not building it.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Speaking of 80s Chrysler: Let's play sub-$2000, interesting and driveable!

There is this one but uh, goddamn why do people have no taste.

The ad doesn't say it but based on that badge on the hatch this is a diesel Rabbit.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Feb 13, 2017

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Dibs on the pathfinder

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
So much gold! Even though the Comanche is probably the best deal, my heart belongs to the Plymouth Horizon :swoon:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
ugh temple terrace for that Comanche.. but kinda waaant it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lol that Dodge Aries is right down the street from me I should check it out :v:

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
My irony threshold maxes out at 200 dollars, which he might just take.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Lol that Dodge Aries is right down the street from me I should check it out :v:

YES BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT

Florida is the promised land

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

But why

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

YES BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT

Florida is the promised land

Lol I just wanna check it out not buy it.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
At least around here rust takes all those cars to the grave 6 years after new.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Dodge Aries more like Dodge Aeris.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Someone get Spyder in here, he's been looking for a project and I found him one:

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/6002518863.html

quote:

I recently installed a complete correct new wiring harness as a significant amount of the original factory smoke had escaped from various electrical systems over the years. Also replaced all of the smoke retention connecters at the same time.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Because they are cheap and neat. The price is low for people to go 'woah what is that' or 'I remember those'. Plus, thousand dollar running car.

Gosh that's pretty.

EDIT
You guys like these things right?

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 14, 2017

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
Cheap neat stuff dump

honest guy not a creep

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

A few that caught my eye:

https://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/5972683838.html

https://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/5938655139.html

https://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/5994318657.html

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Octopus Magic posted:

Dodge Aries more like Dodge Aeris.

brae
Feb 2, 2006
It seems like so many ads these days say something to the effect of "no test drives without cash in hand" which I don't really get. I understand people want to protect their cars but there's no way in hell I'm meeting some rando off Craigslist with a bunch of cash on me when I don't even know if the thing they posted crappy cell phone pics of is in decent shape or not. Or if they're a crazy person.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.

Deteriorata posted:

[url]https://chattanooga.craigslist.

If this thing was closer I'd let loose my evil multi email low ball scam until this guy relented for 1200. I want to cut the floor and firewall out of that thing and throw it on a tube chassis with a big v8 so bad. Maybe I'd be nice and do a 13b and ladder bar setup instead.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

brae posted:

It seems like so many ads these days say something to the effect of "no test drives without cash in hand" which I don't really get. I understand people want to protect their cars but there's no way in hell I'm meeting some rando off Craigslist with a bunch of cash on me when I don't even know if the thing they posted crappy cell phone pics of is in decent shape or not. Or if they're a crazy person.

It's to ward off time wasters. Usually they will let you drive it, in my experience.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

When we got our Lexus it was the same deal with the owner requesting "cash in hand" in the add, but it never was mentioned while emailing the guy or when we showed up to drive the car. I guess he just assumed we were good to go if we bothered driving almost two hours to get it. So yeah, probably more of a way to scare off people with no actual cash, but a car they want to sell to get it and maybe ask mom to borrow a few grand if dad says it's ok i.e. time wasters.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Once you have someone come out and beat on your car a bit only to call a few hours later saying they can't get the money together, you'll probably start doing the same.

I used to wonder why people were so blase when trying to sell their stuff, but after dealing with a bunch of buyers cleaning out my BMW stuff, it's because most potential buyers are absolute loving window lickers.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I totally get that sentiment. I tried selling a '78 320i that was way more turbofucked than I'd imagined. Still, lots of good parts and a new weber carb on it. I was asking like $600 and mentioned so many times in the ad that it didn't run and what the issues were. I poo poo you not some guys would come out three, four times and bring friends and family to look at it and act surprised when I told them it didn't run and needed piles of work. It was such a huge waste of time. One guy I must have spent like a total of two hours with before he asked if I could pay to have it towed to his mechanic so he could look at it on a lift. It's like yeah, sure, I'll pay 1/3rd of my asking price to let you maybe make up your mind. Eventually I dropped the price and started being a "cash in hand, no tire kickers" dick about it.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
I tried selling my outback xt on CL a while back asking 10k and had ~5 people show up and after spending an hour+ with each the highest offers I got were 'I could probably pay 6000 for it but I need to you hold it for about a month' and 'money's tight so will you take 5500?' What is wrong with these assholes. I had another guy who saw it parked at my company for sale and would call me every week offering 8000 and after 3 months of craigslisters I called him to take it. He showed up, asked if it was a turbo and when I confirmed it he said 'oh I need something more efficient' and left. Finally a nice couple saw it on autotrader, came from 2 hours away and took it for 9000 in cash after 30 minutes of chatting. I'm never using craigslist again for something I expect to get money from.

Last time I put up a pile of spare drywall for free and had at least 10 people say they'll take it but I had deliver it to their house. I would take it to the transfer station myself if I could fit the drat things in my vehicle you fucks.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sometimes I'd rather scrap my car than have to deal with the general public. There is a guy around here who runs a lot and he sells cars on your behalf. Heard good things so may use his services the next time

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

https://lakeland.craigslist.org/cto/5995898683.html

its.. horrible but strangely ugly-awesome i really am conflicted here.

Slack3r
Feb 20, 2004
Have a spare 1.2 Mil laying around? Why not hit up Craigslist?

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5988899386.html

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Craigslist, a good place to waste your time getting $10,000 offers on your new GT350.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"And then it turns out I had ordered TWO new Bugatti's! How we laughed...."

love on the cheap
Aug 5, 2008
i've always wanted one of the tiny mazda vans with a stick shift...

https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5988648236.html

and this would be awesome. dually 4 cylinder!

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/6003514540.html

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I've never had too many problems with CL. You can usually tell who the flakers are in the email so I use that for filtering. Usually I just show up with the car and they pay me and both of us are happy.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Larrymer posted:

I've never had too many problems with CL. You can usually tell who the flakers are in the email so I use that for filtering. Usually I just show up with the car and they pay me and both of us are happy.

This. I've dealt with so many sales on CL I can almost always tell who's bullshit and who's not, the key is email only. If you can't communicate via email then you're an idiot and I don't want your business. After I have determined that you can use email and communicate like a normal person, and aren't lowballing me or asking me stupid questions, then I will give my cell number and we can text to make things easier. Works every time. I just sold a bunch of car parts to three different people and it went smoothly. The last two cars I sold, the first people to show up and see the cars in person bought them because I had weeded out the idiots before them. It's really not that difficult once you find the right buyers.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/6000748347.html

Hnnnnggg

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

This. I've dealt with so many sales on CL I can almost always tell who's bullshit and who's not, the key is email only. If you can't communicate via email then you're an idiot and I don't want your business. After I have determined that you can use email and communicate like a normal person, and aren't lowballing me or asking me stupid questions, then I will give my cell number and we can text to make things easier. Works every time. I just sold a bunch of car parts to three different people and it went smoothly. The last two cars I sold, the first people to show up and see the cars in person bought them because I had weeded out the idiots before them. It's really not that difficult once you find the right buyers.

Checklist for weeding out dumb people:

[ ] "will you sell it for XXXX?" without even seeing said item
[ ] asking a question clearly answered in the ad
[ ] offering a trade when you explicitly say "no trades"
[ ] terrible grammar/types like a 14 year old texts people

It's rare I don't sell a car to the first buyer because I'm honest in what I know about it so I don't take any bullshit in return.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

This^2! I can't imagine selling anything on CL without using the anonymized email as my bullshit filter. Putting your personal number on there is asking for punishment.

You'd think posting on Facebook would be a better avenue since users are a little less anonymous, but you get the same idiots plus you get to wade through their drama.

On the plus side, gems like this are public:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I want a refrigerator the size of a car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I want a refrigerator the size of a car.

What ya got fer tradin?