Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Crotch Bat posted:

Riley Martin appeared twice in season 3 of Squidbillies.

Oh wow, I just realized that Riley's parts are what ETM turned down because they were "too Satanic". It just now clicked for me. Riley does 2 episodes, in one he is Pestilence, one of the 4 Horsemen of the apocalypse but in the other he plays a bodyless voice that forces Dan Halen, a Trump-like figure in the show who has slight Satanic-type connections throughout the series (and especially this episode as he grows a horn and tail, leading you to think of some Faustian deal), to build a mountain monument you're led to believe will have sinister happenings but in reality turns out to just be a theme park attraction.

I'll bet you anything that is the role Eric turned down. It was "Satanic" only on the surface level but by the end of the episode the voice convinces the aforementioned character to build a theme park that doesn't attract people then tells him to turn it into a yogurt shop and finally to just write the whole thing as a tax writeoff. However, since Eric lacked any insight beyond the superficial plane he existed in he saw it as a real Satanic thing.

"Pile M for Murder" is the name of the episode. The one with him as Pestilence is named "Armageddon It On!" in case you guys wanted to find them. They alter his voice slightly but you can hear his cadence very clearly.

I'm not even an actor and have never really had any aspirations to be, and it was genuinely infuriating to hear Eric turn down parts like that. I think all of two times during the Eric pack does he get called out for it. Once by a struggling actor on the phone and once by Takei. Hell, I'd take some voice over work if it literally fell in my lap like that. I'd loving read Mein Kampf aloud if it was going to be part of some Adult Swim show.

Actually I just realized Eric was getting lectured by a dude who had been a closeted homosexual in a much less forgiving time for refusing to play gay parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I love how Eric's wildest fantasy dream job was playing Charlie from Charlie's Angels. Only the angels were American idol stars. He really was mentally ill.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

cumshitter posted:

I'm not even an actor and have never really had any aspirations to be, and it was genuinely infuriating to hear Eric turn down parts like that. I think all of two times during the Eric pack does he get called out for it. Once by a struggling actor on the phone and once by Takei. Hell, I'd take some voice over work if it literally fell in my lap like that. I'd loving read Mein Kampf aloud if it was going to be part of some Adult Swim show.

Actually I just realized Eric was getting lectured by a dude who had been a closeted homosexual in a much less forgiving time for refusing to play gay parts.

Takei gets him a couple times but that one time he was very brutal about it and told Eric immediately that he wasn't a real actor, which is absolutely true.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Looks like Howard's buddy Nick Cannon is quitting America's Got Talent after NBC took exception to some of the content of his stand up special.

Where are they going to find another turban-wearing third rate spoken word "artist" to host an aging talent contest??

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Benjy just tweeted a 4-shot of his dick. :wtc:

No, I will not link you to them, you can find them on your own if you're so intent on vomiting tonight. He also has nothing remotely good and worth sharing about his dong.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Crotch Bat posted:

Benjy just tweeted a 4-shot of his dick. :wtc:

No, I will not link you to them, you can find them on your own if you're so intent on vomiting tonight. He also has nothing remotely good and worth sharing about his dong.

Ha, some of the replies:

"4 inches is fine!"

"I want you to go to jail for this"

:allears:

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
Don't look at the mushroom goons! I did, learn from my mistakes.

Now benji'a schtick-coma is on Twitter? Never read his tweets before. I need so much more, less benji, in my life.

I can't wait for the fallout for this, I hope they never even bring it up on the show. I hope they don't fire him tho

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Johny-on-the-Spot posted:

Who do you guys think is the greatest success story of the wack pack?

For me it has to be the original Bigfoot. He had good memorable roles in Malcome in the Middle, Tim Burton's Big Fish, and Rob Zombies House of 1000 Corpes.

I think he died at like, 30 though. Still probably the greatest success.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

kylej posted:

He got out faster than almost anybody else.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Benjy is on borrowed time

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

euphronius posted:

Are they talking about it at all, or are they even in studio today?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The show is dark, boff.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

kylej posted:

Beetlejuice is up there: he had a few movie cameos, and is generally popular as all hell. He's got to be one of the most liked Wack Packers out there as well.

euphronius posted:

Good. They can probably give his salary to other, more deserving people who aren't middle-aged drama whores wearing giant lifts.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

They are off this week and next

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

The show is dark, boff.

Ah ok.

Are they doing any pre-promotion for when they come back?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Moniker posted:

They are off this week and next

Because it's Presidents Day on Monday! That definitely justifies a two week vacation.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Lifespan posted:

Because it's Presidents Day on Monday! That definitely justifies a two week vacation.

Probably more the fact that they've been doing it for like 40 years and have a contract that allows them to take lots of time off. I don't think it's necessarily the celebration of the holiday, it's the fact that they only have to work x days per year. People still act shocked by this and it's been how long?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Of course, it's just annoying when you fire up the radio on what is just a random week and hear them replaying segments from a month ago. I'm not offended when they take a whole week off when there is a single, "major" holiday in the week. These random ones suck, and random two week breaks... ugh.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
In the 31 days of work since the new year started, I've taken 11 vacation days already (and have 135 vacation hours + 16 personal hours + 104 sick hours in the bank still) and I'm not even a 65 year old who's the biggest name in my industry :pwm:

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Moniker posted:

Probably more the fact that they've been doing it for like 40 years and have a contract that allows them to take lots of time off. I don't think it's necessarily the celebration of the holiday, it's the fact that they only have to work x days per year. People still act shocked by this and it's been how long?

I dont know if you know this but, we're just making fun of them, the shows kind of a joke these days

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Lifespan posted:

Of course, it's just annoying when you fire up the radio on what is just a random week and hear them replaying segments from a month ago. I'm not offended when they take a whole week off when there is a single, "major" holiday in the week. These random ones suck, and random two week breaks... ugh.

The rule of thumb I use is this:

Is the show starting to get into a groove?

If no, they'll be on next week.

If yes, they'll be off for one, possibly two, weeks.

JB50 posted:

I dont know if you know this but, we're just making fun of them, the shows kind of a joke these days

It's hard for me to tell if people are genuinely complaining that they are taking time off or if they just like to say words

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

JB50 posted:

Highpitch...knock it off...I know it's you.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I'm going through the 2001 shows and I just got to the AJ Benza fight. That's good radio. Was that AJ's last appearance ever? For the longest time, it looked like it wasn't going to be that big of a deal. In the first 40 minutes, they were trying to convince John to just punch him one time and then they would be even. That would be the end of it. John wouldn't do it because he said it would be gay to punch a guy just sitting there. Robin was telling them to work through their problems. Trump called in and told John to sue the show. They debated it and debated it for 2 hours. Then finally Howard decided AJ wouldn't be allowed on the show anymore. It sounded like it could have easily went the other way if John had just accepted his apology. Callers said that if John was a real man, he wouldn't hold a grudge. Men fight and then they get over it. I kind of agree.

Howard predicted netflix when answering Robin's question about what the point of the internet was.

Howard said Lord of the Rings looks bad, he's confused by the popularity of Harry Potter, Rush Hour sucked, he loved Legally Blonde, and he can't wait for Planet of the Apes 2001.

2002 was uploaded already. I would put up 2001 but I only kept all the Artie episodes and a few others.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

some guy on the bus posted:

I'm going through the 2001 shows and I just got to the AJ Benza fight. That's good radio. Was that AJ's last appearance ever? For the longest time, it looked like it wasn't going to be that big of a deal. In the first 40 minutes, they were trying to convince John to just punch him one time and then they would be even. That would be the end of it. John wouldn't do it because he said it would be gay to punch a guy just sitting there. Robin was telling them to work through their problems. Trump called in and told John to sue the show. They debated it and debated it for 2 hours. Then finally Howard decided AJ wouldn't be allowed on the show anymore. It sounded like it could have easily went the other way if John had just accepted his apology. Callers said that if John was a real man, he wouldn't hold a grudge. Men fight and then they get over it. I kind of agree.

Getting AJ Benza off of the show is maybe the single greatest achievement in Stuttering John's career. Howard was so in love with his Italian-macho-tough-guy line of bullshit that he kept showing up more and more and it genuinely looked like he might get the Jackie chair permanently.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

prefect posted:

Getting AJ Benza off of the show is maybe the single greatest achievement in Stuttering John's career. Howard was so in love with his Italian-macho-tough-guy line of bullshit that he kept showing up more and more and it genuinely looked like he might get the Jackie chair permanently.

Is that when Howard moved on to slobbing Chuck Zito's knob?

Also Tom was saying AJ needed to go from the start so I bet even if Howard wanted him back, he'd get overruled.

Also in case anyone hasn't seen the clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mAxApx8QPY

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

AJ had no business being on the show, he couldn't handle it at all. You just saw exactly how much he could take and it was a very minor amount of ballbusting. John did everyone a favor in getting rid of him.

Also, he should have been gone. It's some dumb faux alpha bullshit where someone hits another person and they're still allowed to be at the company because they made some half-assed apology because the other guy should "be a man" and not complain. That's a purely retarded line of thinking and the people who think AJ should have stayed probably got beat by their father on the regular so violence was always a part of their sad lives. AJ had to go.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Crotch Bat posted:

AJ had no business being on the show, he couldn't handle it at all. You just saw exactly how much he could take and it was a very minor amount of ballbusting. John did everyone a favor in getting rid of him.

Also, he should have been gone. It's some dumb faux alpha bullshit where someone hits another person and they're still allowed to be at the company because they made some half-assed apology because the other guy should "be a man" and not complain. That's a purely retarded line of thinking and the people who think AJ should have stayed probably got beat by their father on the regular so violence was always a part of their sad lives. AJ had to go.

This might've even been the same appearance where AJ was bitching about making payments to the last guy he punched (who sued his rear end in civil court)

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

You could replace AJ with Artie in this post. Except Artie got to stay.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

haljordan posted:

Is that when Howard moved on to slobbing Chuck Zito's knob?

Also Tom was saying AJ needed to go from the start so I bet even if Howard wanted him back, he'd get overruled.

Also in case anyone hasn't seen the clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mAxApx8QPY

Half way through, that video repeats. Anyone want the whole radio show? AJ was still in there for about 40 minutes after it happened.

Crotch Bat posted:

Nice meltdown. AJ should have stayed because it made for entertaining radio. All of the interesting guys being banned left us with the show we have today.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

prefect posted:

This x1000

Holy gently caress if you liked AJ you got some terrible, terrible taste

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

JB50 posted:

You could replace AJ with Artie in this post. Except Artie got to stay.

Oh absolutely. If Artie had to leave for that I'd never have argued otherwise. It's nuts to tolerate that kind of violence in the workplace for the sake of comedy. You're not going to be able to bury the very real animosity that existed between John/AJ or Artie/Sal/Teddy just because you go "haha entertainment". Honestly, I think Artie's breakdown with Sal was worse than Teddy.

Half way through, that video repeats. Anyone want the whole radio show? AJ was still in there for about 40 minutes after it happened.

Nice meltdown. AJ should have stayed because it made for entertaining radio. All of the interesting guys being banned left us with the show we have today.

Those are some really lovely opinions. AJ was never entertaining on his own and he was almost universally despised in the fanbase. Never once has there been an "I miss AJ Benza" post from any Stern fan.

The show headed downhill in 2008 when Artie was still there but clearly spiraling downward hard. It's been gone long before Turk became a thing and interesting people were "banned" which, who outside of Gilbert even qualifies for that? You miss Grillo or something? Name like 10 truly entertaining things that happened between 2009-present that didn't involve dead Wack Packers or people still on staff. I hate the show now compared to 10-20 years ago but Turk bans didn't push it that way, it was already there when she took over.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Feb 16, 2017

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
The best thing about AJ punching Stuttering John is how elated Robin is. You can tell she is loving the fact that someone finally punched Stuttering John in the face.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
It truly was a win-win. Stuttering John got punched and AJ left the show.

I wish the whole "John thinks he could be an arena football player" bit had had a more satisfying conclusion.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

BobbyK posted:

This x1000

Holy gently caress if you liked AJ you got some terrible, terrible taste

Who likes AJ? I just want to see people fight and get pissed off at each other. AJ seems like human garbage.

DeadBonesBrook posted:

The best thing about AJ punching Stuttering John is how elated Robin is. You can tell she is loving the fact that someone finally punched Stuttering John in the face.

Why did she hate Stuttering John?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Robin and John had a very similar relationship to Robin and Jackie and honestly, I think there was some sexual tension in both relationships that gave them their goods and their bads.

Given how Robin is, those guys probably had the best relationship with her because if she doesn't care enough about you to occasionally hate you then you basically don't exist in her world. Robin's 34 is very real and there's basically nobody on the show she hasn't butted heads with multiple times beyond just a superficial ball-busting level. She's very fragile, even Howard tip-toed around her (although he did give her a fair share of abuse) and she could snap and be very mean. I think she ignored Jackie entirely once for like 6 weeks or something because of one off-remark Howard made regarding something Jackie had told him.

Robin is nuts.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Feb 16, 2017

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Her freaking out about Gary asking Tim what his first meal off of his sham diet will be is always hilarious. She's just so WRONG and won't budge an inch

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Robin hates everyone but Howard

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Why did she hate Stuttering John?

Stuttering John was the most notorious ball buster on the show. Anything that was said to him, no matter how private, would make its way to Howard. John was one of the few people who would gently caress with Robin, as he knew Howard had his back (due to his status as the office snitch).

I bet lots of people were glad to see John get punched, but Robin was the only one who couldn't hide her enjoyment of it.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

BobbyK posted:

Her freaking out about Gary asking Tim what his first meal off of his sham diet will be is always hilarious. She's just so WRONG and won't budge an inch

Got a link to this segment by chance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

It really was a cheap shot, though. John really didn't think AJ was that much of a baby that he couldn't handle some phone calls busting his balls over his lovely show, I don't blame him for not expecting the punch because who would?

That's not even the most satisfying thing to watch when you want John to suffer. Him being humiliated by Marco Battaglia in the 100 yard dash is great because John had enormous delusions of grandeur related to his physicality. Howard tearing him up for his DJ work was another (he had a job doing a couple hours after the Stern show) because it was something John cared about and Howard just lets him have it and calls him a wanna-be Howard. The best to me, though, was when a new program director was hired and he comes in and fires John from his DJ job on the air. John gets extremely mad instantly and starts lashing out at the guy and then the crew just pile on John for it and it's like 45 minutes of just shredding him to pieces and laughing at him for being fired.

Here we go:

The race - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-3q5SX98tM

being fired - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w33bEk8fGRs

sorry I can't find Howard shredding John's DJ work but that's only ever been in video, I've never seen someone just throw up the audio. I actually never found just the audio of him being fired either but that's recent. Kinda sad because John gets visibly frustrated and you can tell he's holding back going off on everyone because he knows the retribution will be worse.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Feb 16, 2017