Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

One old sword guy in SMT3 was quite enough.

Do the reverse. Put Matador and the rest of the fiends into FE. Make Chemtrail recruitable and romanceable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
My nephew has Link Between Worlds and a 3DS with a broken L trigger. I want to borrow it to play Zelda. How essential is dashing in the game? Is it just for convenience getting around or do you need it for solving puzzles etc?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Butterfly Valley posted:

My nephew has Link Between Worlds and a 3DS with a broken L trigger. I want to borrow it to play Zelda. How essential is dashing in the game? Is it just for convenience getting around or do you need it for solving puzzles etc?

The Pegasus boots are actually a missable item so you won't need it to complete the game. You won't be able to get 100% however because it is needed for optional puzzles and collectibles.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is the L button actually physically broken or does it just not work?

It sounds weird but if it's the latter blowing into the button might fix it, I think it's a pretty common problem

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
How's the port of Xenoblade Chronicles? I played it on the Wii but burned out halfway through.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Times! posted:

How's the port of Xenoblade Chronicles? I played it on the Wii but burned out halfway through.

It's basically just the same game downscaled to work on the 3ds.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

It's actually a pretty solid version. It runs fairly smoothly with a little slowdown for intense battles. It won't look as nice as the Wii version, but that should be fairly obvious considering the 3DS has less than a quarter of the resolution the Wii has.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Butterfly Valley posted:

There are guides online on how to fix the L and R buttons on the 3DS if you want to give that a shot, it's just a matter of unscrewing the stuff in the back and adjusting the connecting ribbon or blowing some air into it.

Funny you post this because I turned on my 3DS last night and found the R button completely unresponsive, and I don't have the money for a new one right now.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

It's actually a pretty solid version. It runs fairly smoothly with a little slowdown for intense battles. It won't look as nice as the Wii version, but that should be fairly obvious considering the 3DS has less than a quarter of the resolution the Wii has.

Funny enough I played the Wii version on a 19 inch TV across the room so resolution wasn't a big draw of the game for me. It might even look better on a small screen up close.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
How good is the 3D in Major's Mask 3D? Should I get it for the N3DS or the virtual console on my Wii U ?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Get it for 3ds, not for the 3d but for the completely overhauled graphics and quality of life improvements

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They made the Zora swimming worse :argh:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

The only bad thing about the new Zora swimming is that the old swimming is tied to your magic now. Trying to navigate tight spaces with the fast swimming is kind of a pain in the rear end.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
MM3D is a significantly different game, for better or worse. The bosses are all completely different, some of the field mechanics have been changed (see: Zora swimming), you can save at any owl statue instead of having to go back in time (which curiously does not save now???) and in general it just was tweaked to be more friendly for mobile play. In all honesty I prefer the original, but unless you're dead set on only spending 10bux you probably want 3D.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I think it's better in every way possible on 3DS like with Ocarina 3D.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

irlZaphod posted:

The J-pop stuff is there but you can just mash + to skip it all.

You're a monster.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
If you're excited about Persona, but also find the J-Pop in #FE distasteful, I don't even know what to tell you. SMT & SMT spinoffs are within the top 3 deepest weeaboo holes you can possibly fall into.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Not really? I don't have an issue with it, but MegaTen has a wide enough stylistic range that it's pretty easy to see someone who liked, say, Nocturne, not being into #FE.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

divorced from Internet politics about whether anime idols are terrible or amazing, #fe is actually just a decently fun but overall kinda bland game

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Of all the words to use, I don't think "bland" is one I would readily apply to #FE. It's definitely hit or miss, and it'll test your anime tolerance, but it's got a really distinctive look and feel with the idol and showbiz dressing.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

divorced from Internet politics about whether anime idols are terrible or amazing, #fe is actually just a decently fun but overall kinda bland game

I think it's great and funny and full of fun characters.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I haven''t played any but the SMT series looks pretty cool to me just due to the nightmarish demon designs. Maybe I'll pick up the one on Switch.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

SeANMcBAY posted:

I haven''t played any but the SMT series looks pretty cool to me just due to the nightmarish demon designs. Maybe I'll pick up the one on Switch.

I'm super psyched about that. Mainline SMT games are so good. But also it's probably not coming out until 2018, so you should strongly consider SMT4 and/or SMT4A.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yeah there are 4 SMT games on the 3DS plus an additional one on DS. Those were my gateway to the series (well I haven't played SJ or DeSu2 yet).

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's new footage of all the sports from Mario Sports Superstars:

Baseball
Golf
Horse Racing #1 - Horse Racing #2
Soccer
Tennis

plus amiibo card bullshit

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What's a weaboo hole?

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

About $50, but I recommend the extra $5 for discrete packaging.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The most thrilling Mario sports game yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiJg5UDY79c&t=193s

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ChaosArgate posted:

The only bad thing about the new Zora swimming is that the old swimming is tied to your magic now. Trying to navigate tight spaces with the fast swimming is kind of a pain in the rear end.

I really don't mind it, because the time you have the Zora Mask you should abusing Shadow Milk for unlimited magic anyway. Plus the new swimming controls means the Beaver Races aren't just done if you gently caress up a single ring.

You can put hats on the horses, GOTY! :five:

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

So theatrhythm and final fantasy explorers are on sale. I have the rhythm game, how is Explorers?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
^^Mediocre.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

drat, I hope the English version of Monster Hunter XX doesn't take too long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnpNGzNoOY0

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

What's a weaboo hole?

Bend over and I'll show ya

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Looper posted:

Bend over and I'll show ya

drat, you must be really short if I have to bend over to see you. Why don't you just post a pic?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Cursed Castilla, an enhanced port of the excellent freeware Ghouls n Ghosts arcade-style game Maldita Castilla, is coming to 3DS: http://abylight.com/cursed-castilla-3ds_no_36/

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Linnaeus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnpNGzNoOY0&t=145s

drat those logos are really getting outta hand

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Man Nintendo are really pushing the Fire Emblem crossover games.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

xedo posted:

So theatrhythm and final fantasy explorers are on sale. I have the rhythm game, how is Explorers?

Explorers is capable of being fun if you have 3 friends who are willing to co-op through it with you so you can play with synergies in the Job System.

On its own, it's crushing slog of MMO-lite raid bosses where you try to keep up dps while not standing in the fire.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Spellman posted:

drat those logos are really getting outta hand

It's kinda absurd lol

http://i.imgur.com/sU7vLIb.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Linnaeus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnpNGzNoOY0

*floats down from the ceiling and whispers in capcoms ear* put this on the switch do it you pussy do it