Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Ex didn't do anything wrong he just wanted some action on vday and correctly guessed she'd be down, not like she had to agree to him swinging by and then was stuck with banging him once he was there. It's basically all on her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Moridin920 posted:

The ex is a douche, the girl is a douche/dumb for even letting him through the door on V-day while with another dude (esp for the weakass "just picking some stuff up" excuse).

The girl was never going to sleep with the guy, and she let the ex "through the door" because it was Valentine's Day and she wanted to have sex with someone who knows what she likes. The guy was soundly beaten and should have just gone home once the reality of the situation revealed itself.

She's no peach but the guy needs to just take the L and move on.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

Ex didn't do anything wrong he just wanted some action on vday and correctly guessed she'd be down, not like she had to agree to him swinging by and then was stuck with banging him once he was there. It's basically all on her.

:agreed:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

Even if the ex hadn't shown up, he wasn't getting any that night.

TheScott2K posted:

The girl was never going to sleep with the guy, and she let the ex "through the door" because it was Valentine's Day and she wanted to have sex with someone who knows what she likes. The guy was soundly beaten and should have just gone home once the reality of the situation revealed itself.

It's still a ridiculously rude rear end thing to do on her part, even without her then going to bang the dude. Just because she didn't intend to hook up with the dude that's no reason to be cruel.

He def needs to take the L and move on (sounds like he is doing that) but she doesn't get to escape being called a douche/dumb for her actions. Esp since now she is apparently blowing up his phone with apologies lol.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

ArbitraryC posted:

OP posted a followup and turns out Derek was a recent ex and they were banging so we can stop speculating about how much of a misogynist OP is for coming to the obvious conclusion.

quote:

I told Susan she's a great girl and she deserves better but I'm not going to be in the middle, she initially pleaded for me to just not let it ruin anything we might have and I told her that it would never work. I got home, took a shower, and took a short nap and here I am. She's texted me 4 times apologizing but I don't think I'll answer. I might block her number.

Dude was being a dumb poo poo by not just taking a cab/bus home after that but he redeems himself here imo.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

It's still a ridiculously rude rear end thing to do on her part, even without her then going to bang the dude. Just because she didn't intend to hook up with the dude that's no reason to be cruel.

He def needs to take the L and move on (sounds like he is doing that) but she doesn't get to escape being called a douche/dumb for her actions. Esp since now she is apparently blowing up his phone with apologies lol.

I mean yea I guess it wasn't very polite of her but I'm not seeing where she's dumb.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I'm sure Susan would be more than happy to have him in the middle of you know what I mean haha

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Mak0rz posted:

Dude was being a dumb poo poo by not just taking a cab/bus home after that but he redeems himself here imo.

To be fair if he actually was hammered, I'm not going to hold him to the same standard as a sober person. People do really stupid poo poo when drunk. he's redeemed himself now that he has his wits about him, so whatever, we all have embarrassing stories where we were not at our best.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

I mean yea I guess it wasn't very polite of her but I'm not seeing where she's dumb.

You gotta be pretty fuckin dumb to think you can apologize your way out of that one.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 minutes!

Barudak posted:

How do you have so little respect for yourself to end up in this scenario? Was it surgically removed? Did you have a tragic accident with a self-worth chipper as a child?

I had something similar happen when I set up a "date" with a friend of a friend a few years back. Seemed cool but bailed twice at the last minute (:redflag:) before nailing down plans for dinner/dancing. That turned into her inviting 4 friends the night of our date plans to go clubbing instead (:redflag::redflag:), I ended up going because I didn't have any other plans anyhow. The whole night she never mentioned to anyone that we'd planned a date and had been talking for like a month (:redflag::redflag::redflag:), so I'm basically treated like a random stranger with her friends and they keep disappearing on the dance floor. Any time I go get drinks or dance with someone else, "date" gets pouty and mad even though she's been practically ignoring me most of the night (:redflag::redflag::redflag::redflag:). Finally while we're all chilling at a little lounge table, her friends start talking about hooking her up with "a hot black guy to take home" every few minutes, and they all head back out to dance.

I took the hint, got a cab, bounced out and ended up hanging with a few buddies smoking :420: and laughing at her angry texts.

BOOTY-ADE fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Feb 15, 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TheScott2K posted:

Presumably she fell for the 'just coming to pick some stuff up' on V-day trick, also she then tries to make it okay again with OP when she just needs to realize she done goofed and move on herself.

BOOTY-ADE posted:

I took the hint, got a cab, bounced out and ended up hanging with a few buddies smoking :420: and laughing at her angry texts.

good. That dude was literally just the back up dick or what lol?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

WoodrowSkillson posted:

To be fair if he actually was hammered, I'm not going to hold him to the same standard as a sober person. People do really stupid poo poo when drunk. he's redeemed himself now that he has his wits about him, so whatever, we all have embarrassing stories where we were not at our best.

Yeah, that's true.

Also the canned "you're a great girl and you deserve better" is kind of confusing. Is he referring to himself or Derek (i.e. "I'm not good enough for you" vs. "you deserve better than him")?

I mean I know what it's like to be a sack of dumb no self-esteem poo poo in this situation so I interpreted it as the former.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

Presumably she fell for the 'just coming to pick some stuff up' on V-day trick, also she then tries to make it okay again with OP when she just needs to realize she done goofed and move on herself.

She didn't fall for a trick. She made a decision. Yea, she tried to apologize her way out of it the next day, whatever. We've all thought with our dick and regretted it.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

How about the part where he apparently wasn't letting her go see friends or do things without him involved?

My GF is going to be in Boston with her friend around her birthday and going to see a concert.. I should demand she get 3 tickets so I can tag along to ensure I can make sure she doesn't get away from me being overbearing and controlling then leave me.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TheScott2K posted:

We've all thought with our dick and regretted it.

I mean the phrase is thinking with your dick bc you are presumably not thinking with your brain ie you're doing a dumb thing right?

If the genders were flipped in that story we'd be calling that dude a piece of poo poo wanna be player. I don't see why she gets a better opinion just bc she's a woman. She did a douchey dumb thing and doesn't deserve pity just bc she was drunk.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
What really gets me is where she's whispering that they need to be more quiet. Like, she's not even completely consumed by passion in the moment. She's totally aware that she's being lovely while it's happening.

Dude should've bounced that same night but good on him for leaving eventually.

General reminder that Valentine's is a bad time to start poo poo though.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 minutes!

Moridin920 posted:

good. That dude was literally just the back up dick or what lol?

Dunno honestly, and didn't really care at the time - the way everything was handled it was like they brought me to be the DD so they could get trashed. Joke was on them, I drove to the date's apartment and we ended up taking her friend's car to go out, so all I had to do was get my cab back to her place and drive home. They were pretty trashed so they either had to find a cab or someone else sober to take them home, wasn't my problem any more.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

nobody should ever have to be the backup dick (unless you're into that, in which case berth ell pup)

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

I mean the phrase is thinking with your dick bc you are presumably not thinking with your brain ie you're doing a dumb thing right?

If the genders were flipped in that story we'd be calling that dude a piece of poo poo wanna be player. I don't see why she gets a better opinion just bc she's a woman. She did a douchey dumb thing and she should suck it up and move on.

No, it means you're letting your dick drive because the consequences just don't matter that much to you.

She wasn't that into him. The simple appearance of her ex put him on the couch while they banged in the bedroom. She took a stab at having her cake after eating it the next day, but it didn't work. Oh well. I promise she's probably already forgotten about this guy.

It's worth noting that Valentine's Day is, for single people, basically National Ride Your Ex Day.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Mak0rz posted:

Yeah, that's true.

Also the canned "you're a great girl and you deserve better" is kind of confusing. Is he referring to himself or Derek (i.e. "I'm not good enough for you" vs. "you deserve better than him")?

I mean I know what it's like to be a sack of dumb no self-esteem poo poo in this situation so I interpreted it as the former.

This is actually great though. Just break up with someone using a canned response with no regard for context, like you couldn't even be bothered to loving personalize it.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

TheScott2K posted:

I promise she's probably already forgotten about this guy.
If she's still blowing up his phone to the point where he needs to block her number then you suck at promises.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Yawgmoth posted:

If she's still blowing up his phone to the point where he needs to block her number then you suck at promises.

Yea I get the "OP is full of poo poo" tingles as far as his phone blowing up goes.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TheScott2K posted:

She wasn't that into him. The simple appearance of her ex put him on the couch while they banged in the bedroom. She took a stab at having her cake after eating it the next day, but it didn't work. Oh well. I promise she's probably already forgotten about this guy.

Okay but idk why I can't just be allowed to call her actions cruel/douchey/dumb without getting nitpicked for it. She acted like a garbage person in that situation whether or not she has already forgotten about it or not and whether or not she intended to sleep with that dude at all anyway.

Agree to disagree I guess.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 15, 2017

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

My cousin [30F] tries to sounds smarter/more profound. Didn't get at least two jobs because of it. I [25F] am not sure if I should try to help.Non-Romantic

quote:

My cousin and her husband recently moved to this area. She is looking for a job and I have been trying to help her find one.

However, the past year or so I have noticed that she seems to be trying to sound more profound. She throws old-fashioned words into her sentences (think Shakespeare). She also throws in a lot of big words. However, she often uses them incorrectly and makes basic sentences too complicated.

For example, one of her recent Facebook posts: "Thyself cannot possibly penetrate thine pain when cerebral stimulation is critical, yet thusly inexperienced. When thyself spends a fortnight with 6 youths thy will cognize." As far as I can tell she's trying to say that being home with their 6 kids all day isn't giving her enough adult interaction.

Although she does this a lot on social media, I noticed that when talking to me in person she doesn't do it nearly as much and sounds mostly normal, so I was hoping it wouldn't affect her job search. I was able to get her interviews at 3 places where I have contacts in this area. Beforehand I helped her make some changes to her resume (which was filled with this stuff but I convinced her to get rid of it in a roundabout way by saying to make things short and sweet) and we went through some mock interview questions. I tried to emphasize simplicity and encourage simple answers and I really thought she would be fine.

However so far 2 of my 3 contacts told me that they can't hire her and specifically said it was because of the way she spoke. One felt more strongly than the other but both basically said she sounded like she was just sprinkling her sentences with random words from the thesaurus. One said it was a serious problem with even basic questions. He asked her if she had a high school diploma and she said something like "I have thusly taken possession of a secondary education..." and so on. I didn't write down the whole quote but you get the idea.

The third person she interviewed with told her on the spot that they didn't think she was a good fit, and while I haven't talked to him, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same issue as it's a customer service position (requiring a lot of human interaction).

I'm not sure what to do at this point. She has said she wants a job working with people, but should I encourage her away from that, toward jobs where her style of speaking doesn't matter? Or should I talk to her about the way she's talking and try and get her to change it? I am worried that the latter will come off as hurtful.

tl;dr: I am trying to help my cousin get a job. However, she is missing out on opportunities because she tries to make herself sound better when speaking, but uses words wrong and makes sentences too complicated in a way that makes her hard to understand.
Poor insecure OP is jealous of her genius cousin and her aspirations towards working retail

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dost thou even hoist?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

Okay but idk why I can't just be allowed to call her actions cruel/douchey/dumb without getting nitpicked for it. She acted like a garbage person in that situation whether or not she has already forgotten about it or not and whether or not she intended to sleep with that dude at all anyway.

Agree to disagree I guess.

The lesson for the OP is worth more than the sex would have been. Hopefully he'll peace out the second a more credentialed dick crashes his date in the future.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TheScott2K posted:

The lesson for the OP is worth more than the sex would have been. Hopefully he'll peace out the second a more credentialed dick crashes his date in the future.

Yeah true I dunno that I would have sat there listening to them gently caress going 'what should I do...' lol

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

TheScott2K posted:

Ding ding ding!

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

HAT FETISH posted:

My cousin [30F] tries to sounds smarter/more profound. Didn't get at least two jobs because of it. I [25F] am not sure if I should try to help.Non-Romantic
I hate it when the aliens try to invade but only have bad transcriptions of Shakespeare's works to go off of for their infiltrations.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

spending a fortnight with 6 youths had a much different connotation in Shakespeare times

:a2m:

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
stop

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Bubblyblubber posted:

Yeah, good on him for walking.

The following day.

After listening to their entire gently caress session.

Good on him.

:yeah: that's our boy.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Few pages late, but the OP should have dicked that girl better than Derek to establish his worth. She wanted to test drive the two cars before making the purchase, but the second car never left the lot.

Content:
My best friend [24F] told me [23M] that if I continued losing weight at this rate she would have sex with me. Not sure how to reply

quote:

As the title says, I was texting my fiend Violet**** today about random stuff when she asked me how much weight I'd lost. I told her and she seemed impressed and literally just said "Keep going at this rate and I'm going to have to ride you like a horse".. I just lol, she said she's serious.. i Just said I'll be home later as I had no clue what to say back to that.
Background to relationship: Met 4 years ago and we've been really close ever since. She is amazing.. kind, respectful and hilarious. Always willing to help and we have so much fun all the time. I'm just an average guy so I never really thought about her in a romantic way before. Just not sure how to feel? like should I be happy she's trying encourage me? or annoyed she just assumes I'm going to have sex with her when I'm no longer fat, almost like she's the sole reason for losing weight? which of course is not the case, or anything else..? I'm not good with feelings and I just don't know what to say. Any advice would be great. Thanks.
tl;dr: Best friend made a comment and I'm not sure how to respond

Shut up and bone her, you sperglord.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
She's given you the perfect motivation you goon!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Error: function flirt() not found!

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

HAT FETISH posted:

I'm not sure what to do at this point. She has said she wants a job working with people, but should I encourage her away from that, toward jobs where her style of speaking doesn't matter? Or should I talk to her about the way she's talking and try and get her to change it? I am worried that the latter will come off as hurtful.

Maybe encourage her to gently caress off with trying to sound smart by mangling Shakespearean English. Who does that? This story sounds too dumb to be real.

Maybe frame it like, "Thyself sound like a loving idiot, forsooth".

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
Brutal honest is the best way to deal with Shakespeare lady. Just share the interviewers comments and make sure to chime in that there's a reason you don't hear anyone talk like that. It is equally insufferable and retarded.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

But soft, what light through yonder window breaks? It is the sibling of my parent, the jobless moron. That though, her brain, art more dead than Mercutio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Nazzadan posted:

Few pages late, but the OP should have dicked that girl better than Derek to establish his worth. She wanted to test drive the two cars before making the purchase, but the second car never left the lot.

Content:
My best friend [24F] told me [23M] that if I continued losing weight at this rate she would have sex with me. Not sure how to reply

Shut up and bone her, you sperglord.

he seems so confused. "Girl... Girl like me? But I not pretty. :confused: What do???"

j-j-j-jam it in you idiot