Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Dessicated corpse of FDR 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Macrowave Oven posted:

This thread title looks familiar.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

Obviously no decisions of any sort should be made over the next four to eight years, because we do not have telepathy, and therefore it is impossible to know, or look into, or find out, what anyone knows or what motivates their decisions.

Please do not question the President of the United States.

He has a great brain. A yuge brain. He doesn't need you second guessing and commenting on everything!

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
The platform I would've really wanted to see in 2016 would've been "Revitalizing the American Economy Through 100% Legalized Drugs"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The platform I would've really wanted to see in 2016 would've been "Revitalizing the American Economy Through 100% Legalized Drugs"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

well, good thing you elected Trump, the person most likely to roll back all progress on the drug war and start jailing marijuana users again

in before "Well, actually, Trump said he was pro drug in..." while ignoring he picked Jeff Sessions as his AG (and we knew it was either going to be sessions or christie back in like loving september dude)

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Agreed.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mirthless posted:

well, good thing you elected Trump, the person most likely to roll back all progress on the drug war and start jailing marijuana users again

in before "Well, actually, Trump said he was pro drug in..." while ignoring he picked Jeff Sessions as his AG

My hope was Trump's business intuitions and pragmatic approach to things would guide him to legalization

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

*this speech sponsored by JPMorgan Chase. Now get a $150 bonus and up to 5% cash back with the Chase Freedom card! Enter promo code IMWITHHER

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
We went from, "I disagree with what you say but will fight to the death for your right to say it"

to

"I disagree with everything you say and will do everything in my power to ruin your life, fascist" in 2016

to

"I disagree with everything you say, but you agree with the Democrats. Therefore you are my friend" in 2017

Progress?? I think??

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Mirthless posted:

in before "Well, actually, Trump said he was pro drug in..." while ignoring he picked Jeff Sessions as his AG (and we knew it was either going to be sessions or christie back in like loving september dude)

Shut the gently caress up, good lord.

There are probably two real Trump supporters itt and one is prorat which could go either way. Besides, Clinton supporters did more to elect Trump than salty Bernouts like myself

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

in before "Well, actually, Trump said he was pro drug in..." while ignoring he picked Jeff Sessions as his AG

To be fair you can only vote for someone based on what they say, not on what their appointees are after they are already elected.

I am a salty bernout. :gethill:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

My hope was Trump's business intuitions and pragmatic approach to things would guide him to legalization

haha.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

lol if you think the candidate who says that vaccines cause autism is a pragmatist

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Toadvine posted:

Shut the gently caress up, good lord.

There are probably two real Trump supporters itt and one is prorat which could go either way. Besides, Clinton supporters did more to elect Trump than salty Bernouts like myself

I wasn't talking to you???

Spunky Psycho Ho has been pretty upfront about voting for Trump, lol

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
It's really a surprise that a disenfranchised and miserable population continously being worse off year on year voted for someone willing to at least give them sweet nothings rather than an organized machine of political/media might charging lockstep telling them their jobs arent coming back and that their opinions are worthless

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

lo l

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Mirthless posted:

I wish you weren't talking at all!!

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mirthless posted:

Spunky Psycho Ho has been pretty upfront about voting for Trump, lol

I'm still not in a position where a total collapse would devastate me so I rolled the dice

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

SBJ posted:

It's really a surprise that a disenfranchised and miserable population continously being worse off year on year voted for someone willing to at least give them sweet nothings rather than an organized machine of political/media might charging lockstep telling them their jobs arent coming back and that their opinions are worthless

i like how we cant talk about trumps ineptitude without getting into a discussion about how hillary wasnt enough of a liar

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

SBJ posted:

nobody thinks hillary ran a good campaign but how can you still be thinking about that when what's going on in the here and now is so drat bizarre?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
So based on the last few pages: Trump hosed a middle management IT guy, which led to the Democrats falling apart because it caused Hilary to not campaign.

Am I getting this right?

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Archer666 posted:

So based on the last few pages: Trump hosed a middle management IT guy, which led to the Democrats falling apart because it caused Hilary to not campaign.

Am I getting this right?

ya

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

proof of concept posted:

nobody thinks hillary ran a good campaign but how can you still be thinking about that when what's going on in the here and now is so drat bizarre?

This reality is the realm of chaos and we all deserve to be here from our sins

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Archer666 posted:

Am I getting this right?

you forgot the part about the impending robot invasion

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I'm still not in a position where a total collapse would devastate me so I rolled the dice

trying very hard

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

a bone to pick posted:

you forgot the part about the impending robot invasion

Oh right the robots would automate our jobs, so we'll all be jobless. Then they'll make robot jobless people so we're all be super jobless or something.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i think we need to seize the means of automation and rent the robots to the companies

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
What is the Romanization of Donald trump?

I will guess something like Dunâraudo Târompu.

Shayl
Apr 11, 2007

So uh...I help write software that automates/simplifies the process of goods transportation. I think I might be one of the bad guys.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shayl posted:

So uh...I help write software that automates/simplifies the process of goods transportation. I think I might be one of the bad guys.

kulak spotted

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Shayl posted:

Yes. Yes you are.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Shayl posted:

you're one of the good guys, you're one of the best guys, because you're contributing to the final cleanup phase of the industrial revolution. Thank you for being on the forefront of progress.

Now if only the rest of the country would figure out the industrial revolution was over

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

So that was Mrs. Lundegaard on the floor in there. And I guess that was your accomplice in the wood chipper. And those three people in Brainerd. And for what? For a little bit of legal drugs.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Mirthless posted:

you're one of the good guys, you're one of the best guys, because you're contributing to the final cleanup phase of the industrial revolution. Thank you for being on the forefront of progress.

Now if only the rest of the country would figure out the industrial revolution was over

yeah hi there, my computer is making a weird noise could you come and give it a look i think dwayne from accounting is playing a prank on me again thank you

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mirthless posted:

Ah ha! Low level technocrat shows his true stripes

Shayl
Apr 11, 2007

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Yes. Yes you are.

I mean to be fair if you learn to code there are lots of jobs. We can't find enough people to fill the roles we have. Don't even have to go to college to learn it.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Computer workers are always like "Do not resist Human. Be absorbed." Like straight Borg'n on everyone

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Archer666 posted:

Oh right the robots would automate our jobs, so we'll all be jobless. Then they'll make robot jobless people so we're all be super jobless or something.

not givin my drat scrip to some robos, no way no how

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Shayl posted:

I mean to be fair if you learn to code there are lots of jobs. We can't find enough people to fill the roles we have. Don't even have to go to college to learn it.

lol yep

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Ah ha! Low level technocrat shows his true stripes

I'm sorry for feeling a little resentment over the obligation to work 5 days a week when the productivity tools to halve that already exist and our economy has ample excess cash to handle the decrease in productivity per dollar per laborer if the work week was shortened or reduced.

you don't have to be a technocrat to know that we don't need to pay a department to approve timecards when we already have team managers and an auditing department that goes through the records every quarter

we don't need everybody to have a job and we don't need everybody to spend a third of every weekday at a jobsite. The money to do this already exists in the economy, at the top of it. A GMI would simply distribute that wealth more evenly across all income brackets. It would be good for the economy to actually have people spending the money we are printing.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 15, 2017

• Locked thread