Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

manyak posted:

He already did imo (took steroids to win a boring decision over OSP who has since lost twice, once to an unranked guy making his UFC debut)

Yeah.

You don't get better at something by not doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

manyak posted:

I think he wouldve had a better chance against either of those guys than Frankie but i could see either of them taking him down and grinding out a decision

See I don't think they mix up takedowns with effective strikes enough to take down BJ. Frankie did not have an easy time in the first fight and he was absolutely the best technical MMA wrestler at the time. He knew exactly when to fight the hands, bail on attempts, etc. The other guys tend to just pick up their opponent and trip/toss, which I think BJ could have resisted. BJ's weakness is and was angles and I don't think those guys have them.

Remember BJ wrestled the poo poo out of Fitch right after losing to Frankie. I see those two guys being more similar to the former than the latter.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

tesilential posted:

Like unless GSP has totally revamped his game he is going to be one of the most predictable fighters in the octagon. How much tape is out on him at this point?

There's a lot of tape on GSP, but now everyone thinks his set up to the double leg is to freeze in place for 10 seconds and spin a hoola hoop on his face

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Bendo would have beaten bj, that's a pretty good matchup for him.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

tesilential posted:

Yeah.

You don't get better at something by not doing it.

shooting huge loads bitch

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I don't want to see GSP back because there's nobody I want to see him fight. Also he quit the sport in terror because a fat, sleeping man might have been on steroids.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

I don't want to see GSP back because there's nobody I want to see him fight. Also he quit the sport in terror because a fat, sleeping man might have been on steroids.

Let's not spread misinformation. He quit because he had brain damage and thought he'd been abducted by aliens.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

tesilential posted:

Speaking of old guys making comebacks, am I absolutely insane for believing that BJ Penn matches up well and would have easily beaten Bendo and Gray had Frankie not pulled his card?

Before you all poo poo on Bendo again remember that this would have been the end-of-WEC era Ben Henderson. That's not an easy LW fight for anyone anywhere.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Has GSP done tune up fights before?

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

tesilential posted:

See I don't think they mix up takedowns with effective strikes enough to take down BJ. Frankie did not have an easy time in the first fight and he was absolutely the best technical MMA wrestler at the time. He knew exactly when to fight the hands, bail on attempts, etc. The other guys tend to just pick up their opponent and trip/toss, which I think BJ could have resisted. BJ's weakness is and was angles and I don't think those guys have them.

Remember BJ wrestled the poo poo out of Fitch right after losing to Frankie. I see those two guys being more similar to the former than the latter.

He only wrestled Fitch for the first part of the fight though then got tired which is why it was a Draw, and these presumably wouldve been 5 round fights. And bendo has good conditioning and wouldve had a size advantage over BJ versus Frankie who was smaller than BJ. I think Bendo matches up pretty decently with him in a 5 rounder

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Triticum Guzzler posted:

can somebody find the keven "Ehhhh, all credit to Captain America" post and post it

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

...and the pitch! posted:

yeah he got tuned up against hendricks

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

...and the pitch! posted:

Yeah, he fought Dan Hardy

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground
I dont have Keven's Captain America post but I do have this Green lantern one which is very good imo

Keven. Just. Keven posted:
Green Lantern corps member, George St Pierre, recite your oath to charge your power-ring.

Eeen Brightest Day
Eeen Blackest Night
No Evil Will, eeeeh, I fight this evil pretty good, five rounds. It Eees a warrior... I do my best to give the fans a finish but eeeeh, he a tough guy. All credit to evil.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

handsome only face posted:

rememeber that bad shwo that happened that no one wants to talk about ever again especially not me well Holly Holm officially appeals UFC 208 loss due to punches landed after horn — http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/2/1..._source=twitter

I am glad. I think there is a non-zero chance she succeeds as well.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

can somebody find the keven "Ehhhh, all credit to Captain America" post and post it

His green lantern one was the best imo

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Vitamin Boss posted:

I dont have Keven's Captain America post but I do have this Green lantern one which is very good imo

Keven. Just. Keven posted:
Green Lantern corps member, George St Pierre, recite your oath to charge your power-ring.

Eeen Brightest Day
Eeen Blackest Night
No Evil Will, eeeeh, I fight this evil pretty good, five rounds. It Eees a warrior... I do my best to give the fans a finish but eeeeh, he a tough guy. All credit to evil.

I'm so great.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
gsp will win- tyron will win- if gsp fights tyron? the fans will win :greencube:

let the great performer do his flip in front of you and tell me you won't smile and be entertained then

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

LobsterMobster posted:

There's a lot of tape on GSP, but now everyone thinks his set up to the double leg is to freeze in place for 10 seconds and spin a hoola hoop on his face

Nice

Also, while I think only the second of the late shots was particularly egregious, if the commission is smart it will seize this opportunity to declare that the women's featherweight belt legally no longer exists, never existed and cannot exist in the future.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

KZ came back from a long layoff and looked good against an a difficult opponent.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I think a lot of you guys forgot how good gsp is.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

keven posted:

CONVICT: You had him man! You had Captain America right there with your gun to his head! Why didn't you kill him?!

BARTOC: I try real hard to kill him but Captain America is very tough guy, all respect to him.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Bluedeanie posted:

Nice

Also, while I think only the second of the late shots was particularly egregious, if the commission is smart it will seize this opportunity to declare that the women's featherweight belt legally no longer exists, never existed and cannot exist in the future.

Agree, retroactive existence failure in perpetuity is the best thing that could happen to W145.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

gsp will win- tyron will win- if gsp fights tyron? the fans will win :greencube:

let the great performer do his flip in front of you and tell me you won't smile and be entertained then

gsp vs. tyrion woodley might be very bad and boring

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hmmm

https://twitter.com/ufcfightpass/status/831972027158257665

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

EmmyOk posted:

Hmmm

//twitter.com/ufcfightpass/status/831972027158257665

ew

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
[Dan Hardying intensifies]

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

same keven. He 'as noteng left to proof

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
all that standing and flexing in front of gym mirrors after powersets of disturbing ki-yais has really taken a toll. this nigga look a frankenstein

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dangersim posted:

I think a lot of you guys forgot how good gsp is.

I think a lot of people are acting like he's an unbeatable monster

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
When GSP returns I hope he gets the poo poo kicked out of him BJ Penn style. Idgaf who does it to him.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
GSP is one of the best of all time and a nice guy

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Seeing Marcus Davis get mauled by Ben Saunders was one of the most satisfying experiences of my MMA life.

It makes me sad to see the Barbarian train with his dumb rear end.

Intel, I know what album your AV is parodying...but I can't figure it out. What am I missing?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
It's Squirrel Girl from Marvel doing Tyler the Creators cover for WOLF

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Captain Log posted:

Seeing Marcus Davis get mauled by Ben Saunders was one of the most satisfying experiences of my MMA life.

It makes me sad to see the Barbarian train with his dumb rear end.

Intel, I know what album your AV is parodying...but I can't figure it out. What am I missing?

Marvel let their artists do tributes to a lot of iconic rap album covers which pissed off a bunch of white nerds on the internet. So basically everyone won.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

the new where are they now fightpass series includes one Tim Sylvia

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's hosed up that Derrick Lewis and Travis Browne are headlining a card while the best flyweight matchups don't even headline FightPass unless it's MMMMMDMMMMJ

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Who's David Branch's first opponent going to be, my money is on Alvey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

who knows what weight class he'll come back to, but this is about as good a matchup that gsp could ask for

Didn't he just recently say he's still walking at ~185 and is too small for middle? I know he's said he could make lightweight but I can't see where that has any upside to justify a cut he's never even made before.

manyak posted:

He only wrestled Fitch for the first part of the fight though then got tired which is why it was a Draw, and these presumably wouldve been 5 round fights. And bendo has good conditioning and wouldve had a size advantage over BJ versus Frankie who was smaller than BJ. I think Bendo matches up pretty decently with him in a 5 rounder

BJ and Bendo are the exact same height and wingspan. Fitch had an 8cm advantage in both and has wins (against garbage like Shonie Carter and a decrepit Dennis Hallman) at middleweight. Frankie Edgar is small for featherweight and must hate cutting weight a lot.

• Locked thread