Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I keep forgetting this is so close to release and every time I realize it I get excited all over again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I keep forgetting this is so close to release and every time I realize it I get excited all over again

Same.

Three weeks from now I'll have a long beard and I'll smell pretty ripe because I've been playing Zelda for like 5 or 6 days straight.

Wait a second, I could put the Switch in a Ziploc bag and play it in the shower!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I can't wait for the Switch.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I hope they have cool stuff on day 1 that they haven't announced yet because they are being weird about it. Like the preinstalled poo poo on 3DS was a lot of fun to poke around with when I first got it. Also I really like booting up a console for the first time and checking out the UI because I'm a goddamn dork.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is there any legitimate information on VC yet?

Or is it just fanboys wanking off about GC fantasies?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Waltzing Along posted:

There will be GameCube VC games. The subscription service will get you a NES/SNES game you can play each month, for only that month. That's all we know.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Waltzing Along posted:

We haven't heard poo poo.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
RE: GC VC, I believe they said they're studying it.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

There will be GameCube VC games.

This was never officially confirmed, only rumoured by sources that didn't turn out to get everything right.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mahoning posted:

Wait a second, I could put the Switch in a Ziploc bag and play it in the shower!

--> Blue tunic DLC makes the Switch waterproof <--

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Destructoid posted this today.

quote:

Speaking to French outlet Melty, Nintendo producer Yoshiaki Koizumi confirmed that they are working on something related to a GameCube Virtual Console. Specifically, he said: "We cannot give a concrete answer, because we have nothing to announce at the moment. But there’s something I can tell you: we are working on some things along those lines."
Who knows if that means remakes or VC?
https://www.destructoid.com/is-nintendo-hinting-at-a-gamecube-vc-on-switch-or-just-more-remakes--418879.phtml

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

All I want is a remastered Eternal Darkness with a modern UI and insanity effects.

Man, the first time it turned the sound down, it matched perfectly with my TV.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Inzombiac posted:

All I want is a remastered Eternal Darkness with a modern UI and insanity effects.

Man, the first time it turned the sound down, it matched perfectly with my TV.

On the other hand, I don't want to do anything that might result in Denis Dyack getting money.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Can't wait for Fight Night Round 2 with Matt Damon-looking Little Mac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKZzJ87hYT4&t=26s

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Spellman posted:

Can't wait for Fight Night Round 2 with Matt Damon-looking Little Mac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKZzJ87hYT4&t=26s

drat the fight night series has come a long way

RME
Feb 20, 2012

nintendo loving switch

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RME posted:

nintendo loving switch

:yeah:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ar fuckin ms

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

2 weeks from tomorrow I'll be getting ready to go to a midnight launch.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
My excitement has switched up a notch!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
More like "Nintendo loving Swish" because it's nothin but net

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Emeril Lagasse Cooking Mama DLC for the Switch, confirmed.

Wear a white t-shirt with the word "Bam!" in comic sans, while using HD rumble to slam a pinch of ingredients in the bowl.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This might be a dumb question but I don't want to gently caress anything up.

I managed to get a Bestbuy pre order right when they went up. I also managed to get an Amazon pre order later that day.

I really want to go to Bestbuy at midnight and pick it up so like how likely is it that they are gonna gently caress me over on this? I'd like to cancel my Amazon order so I don't have to wait around all day for it.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Switch Day Itinerary:

5:00 AM: wake up, make breakfast
6:25 AM: leave house, drop off gf at the university
7:30 AM - 12:00PM: I don't know, write some software probably
12:15PM: :supaburn:PICK UP MY SWITCH AND ZELDA:supaburn: and probably also go to the Chipotle in that same plaza
1:00PM-4:30PM: Try to keep doing whatever I was doing before lunch while actually vibrating in place because actually I want to be murdering bokoblins and installing the MicroSD update.
6:00PM-[REDACTED]: Playing beloved anime game, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah
I'm gonna be so mad if I can't walk in to Target and buy a Switch on Switch day. Stupid work poo poo kept me from pre-ordering on pre-order day. :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
hey y'all missed 8000 posts is nintendo still dead?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

nah just re-dead

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

MarcusSA posted:

This might be a dumb question but I don't want to gently caress anything up.

I managed to get a Bestbuy pre order right when they went up. I also managed to get an Amazon pre order later that day.

I really want to go to Bestbuy at midnight and pick it up so like how likely is it that they are gonna gently caress me over on this? I'd like to cancel my Amazon order so I don't have to wait around all day for it.

Did you get the BestBuy preorder shipped or in-store pick-up? First I'd call your local BestBuy and see if they're even doing a midnight release.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Can't wait for 1080° Avalanche

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

Did you get the BestBuy preorder shipped or in-store pick-up? First I'd call your local BestBuy and see if they're even doing a midnight release.

In store pick up and the are doing a midnight launch at the store I picked. I would assume I should be good but I don't really trust bestbuy.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
should I buy a nintendo switch?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Unless you lack the cash on hand. Just resell the extra one. For likely more than the purchase price.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Spellman posted:

Can't wait for 1080° Avalanche

They went with a fantasy setting for the new one, a crossover with Zelda.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

should I buy a nintendo switch?

If you have to ask id say, Eventually if it takes off yeah.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dexo posted:

Unless you lack the cash on hand. Just resell the extra one. For likely more than the purchase price.

Are we really thinking that there will be a market for that? I'm getting the feeling that there are going to be plenty of them around.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

deadly_pudding posted:

Switch Day Itinerary:

5:00 AM: wake up, make breakfast
6:25 AM: leave house, drop off gf at the university
7:30 AM - 12:00PM: I don't know, write some software probably
12:15PM: :supaburn:PICK UP MY SWITCH AND ZELDA:supaburn: and probably also go to the Chipotle in that same plaza
1:00PM-4:30PM: Try to keep doing whatever I was doing before lunch while actually vibrating in place because actually I want to be murdering bokoblins and installing the MicroSD update.
6:00PM-[REDACTED]: Playing beloved anime game, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Why in the gently caress wouldn't you just be playing the Switch after lunch in portable mode.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Are we really thinking that there will be a market for that? I'm getting the feeling that there are going to be plenty of them around.

You should at minimum be able to recoup costs. If not locally return it to Amazon.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
This video gets weird at a few points.

Like saying they should develop their hardware around the specifications of Third Parties is reasonable, ain't nothing odd there.

But then he asks Nintendo why they've neglected franchises like the Harvest Moon series for so long and why they don't force Natsume or other third parties to make games like Goemon or Secret of Mana.

And it's like, they can certainly fund Natsume, Konami or Square-Enix to make a new exclusive niche title but they can't like, physically force the people behind Harvest Moon or whatever the spin-off series is called to stop making mobile entries or whatever.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

What the hell do they think Bomberman is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

MarcusSA posted:

I've already reserved one from somebody who preordered two because I'm dumb-dumb, and I think my friends are as well, so unless the local midnight launches are overflowing with extra copies that they're not pre-selling online I imagine you could find some takers.

• Locked thread