Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The Susan and Derek saga reminds me of that story about the goon who invited a girl to have a threesome with her boyfriend and the guest invited another awkward dude along for some dumb reason, who just sat in the living room and cried while the three noisily got it on in the bedroom.

All involved were goons.

Edit:

Nazzadan posted:

My best friend [24F] told me [23M] that if I continued losing weight at this rate she would have sex with me. Not sure how to reply

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Mak0rz posted:

The Susan and Derek saga reminds me of that story about the goon who invited a girl to have a threesome with her boyfriend and the guest invited another awkward dude along for some dumb reason, who just sat in the living room and cried while the three noisily got it on in the bedroom.

:smith::fh:

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Mak0rz posted:

All involved were goons.

Jfc you can't just drop that and not link it

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Nazzadan posted:

Content:
My best friend [24F] told me [23M] that if I continued losing weight at this rate she would have sex with me. Not sure how to reply

Shut up and bone her, you sperglord.

To be somewhat fair to him that is kind of a weird thing to just dump on someone and could be hugely inappropriate depending on how interested the person receiving the "compliment" is in them. I mean just imagine if the genders were swapped I don't think most people would be tripping over themselves to say how grateful a girl should be for that.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Bubblyblubber posted:

Jfc you can't just drop that and not link it

I thankfully remembered her username so I just googled it and found this screenshot in a five year old thread

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Me [25F] with my boyfriend [25m] of ten years. He doesn't help me out with the ranch and says he has better things to do.

quote:

I have been with Derek for ten years. We met in high school and dated through college. He went on to get a master's degree and makes a lot of money. We are both 25 and out of school.
He has a horse and works from home. He lives in a house on my parents property with us. Derek is viewed as one of the family, due to a long standing family friendship between his parents and mine. Derek also saved my sister's life, so he can do no wrong. If he is a little weird, it has to do with his city parents.
My parents love him and want him to marry me, but are not pushing for kids yet.
The problem is Derek and I are not on the same page. Derek loves the outdoors, but is a solitary sort of guy. He has a horse and two dogs. He takes great care of his horse and is outside more of the day working with his dogs, his horse, and the goats he somehow decided were his. He bought them from my parents and refuses to have them slaughtered or used for breeding. He just says they are like pets and he enjoys playing with them.
But he never wants to help with the ranch. He never offers to get up in the morning and take the other horses for a ride. He wants nothing to do with mucking for anything other than his own animal.
I see how my sisters' and brothers' have it with their spouses and they are working together to make sure everything is taken care of. Derek isn't like that. He doesn't make excuses, he tells me he pays his share of rent and bills and did not sign up for free labor. If he does not enjoy it he won't do it.
He has a large amount of money he has been saving to purchase a house and says he wants to buy enough land for his pets. He has an idea in his head and when I say I would love to go in with him and get a bigger plot of land, own some cattle, or something, he tells me he doesn't want to make animals a business, it takes the fun out of having animal companions.
I am just not sure what to think. I love him very much, but he doesn't view what I do with my life as important. How do I deal with this?
How can I get him to be more involved in my life?
tl;dr: boyfriend not interested in my family business.
Pay attention to the bolded bits, now we go to the comments
OP

quote:

He works in the family store as well. He will do stuff if my parents come up and ask him.
So he works his accounting job, works for her family's store, and doesn't want to work for free on their ranch on top of that.

quote:

I am not asking he get up at the crack of dawn every morning, but I have helped with his family store for years, on days I have off. I just ask for a little help for a few hours a day like I did with his family.
Refer to bolded point 1. You most certainly do ask him to get u pat the crack of dawn to ride the horses

I gotta side with Derek here. He is working two jobs, why should he be obligated to help around the ranch for animals that aren't the horse he owns?

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

To be somewhat fair to him that is kind of a weird thing to just dump on someone and could be hugely inappropriate depending on how interested the person receiving the "compliment" is in them. I mean just imagine if the genders were swapped I don't think most people would be tripping over themselves to say how grateful a girl should be for that.

Well yeah, but the girl also wouldn't be posting it to reddit asking "what does this meeeeaaaaaann?????"

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

HAT FETISH posted:

Fakespeare

This sounds like an acute case of HS drama club nerd who never grew out of it.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

[27, M] My wife [25, F] of 2 years is talking negatively about me in therapy sessions that I pay for. Should I stop letting her go?

This guy is human garbage. That said, it sounds like the therapist was shoving some boilerplate Eat, Pray, Love BS at her and then charging for the full hour. If my spouse came to me and said they wanted to take a long vacation alone, I would absolutely feel like I'd been kicked in the teeth. I don't understand married people who take solo vacations.

DOMDOM posted:

Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

I feel like everyone's just glossing over that this dude brought bath products to a first date.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Beachcomber posted:

This guy is human garbage. That said, it sounds like the therapist was shoving some boilerplate Eat, Pray, Love BS at her and then charging for the full hour. If my spouse came to me and said they wanted to take a long vacation alone, I would absolutely feel like I'd been kicked in the teeth. I don't understand married people who take solo vacations.
I think it was just that the guy was so obviously awful that no one wanted to point out that there was kind of some lovely stuff going on with the therapy lest they came across as defending him. Imo if your therapy session is gonna be whining about your SO for an hour it should be couples therapy or you should just break up.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
If I owned a ranch I'd name it Cool Ranch.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

I can see "want to do a vacation with friends" as long as they were also doing a trip as a married couple.

Now "I'm going away just by myself" might be different.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

If I owned a ranch I'd name it Cool Ranch.

El Dorito Ranch is what I'd pick.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Nazzadan posted:

Me [25F] with my boyfriend [25m] of ten years. He doesn't help me out with the ranch and says he has better things to do.

OP

So he works his accounting job, works for her family's store, and doesn't want to work for free on their ranch on top of that.

Refer to bolded point 1. You most certainly do ask him to get u pat the crack of dawn to ride the horses

I gotta side with Derek here. He is working two jobs, why should he be obligated to help around the ranch for animals that aren't the horse he owns?

what the hell is up with people that own horses

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Mak0rz posted:

I thankfully remembered her username so I just googled it and found this screenshot in a five year old thread

lol she's pretty infamous for this post, quoted. Labyrinth or whatever is her old name. There was a whole fyad thread about her.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3266050&pagenumber=93&perpage=40#post394322930

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

lol she's pretty infamous for this post, quoted. Labyrinth or whatever is her old name. There was a whole fyad thread about her.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3266050&pagenumber=93&perpage=40#post394322930

Oh yeah I'm familiar with her gross sex stories too, 90% of which involve her making GBS threads all over her bed and/or boyfriend's dick (the other 10% is that one you linked). I got my screenshot from the fyad thread.

Also I misremembered some of the details in that goon threesome story but it's been years since I last read it.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Beachcomber posted:

Some people don't want to be attached at the hip 24/7 and if a depressed woman comes to you with "well my husband wants to be around me 24/7 and refuses to let me have interests or friends without him within arm's reach" then my first suggestion would be to get the one constant out of the picture and see what happens. After all, being glued to a piece of human garbage is generally not beneficial to one's mental health!

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Nazzadan posted:

OP

Derek seems dope as hell.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Yawgmoth posted:

Some people don't want to be attached at the hip 24/7 and if a depressed woman comes to you with "well my husband wants to be around me 24/7 and refuses to let me have interests or friends without him within arm's reach" then my first suggestion would be to get the one constant out of the picture and see what happens. After all, being glued to a piece of human garbage is generally not beneficial to one's mental health!

yeah I think this is why her therapist recommended the solo vacation, it sounds like she is completely pinned down in this relationship and needs some breathing room even for just a little while

Nazzadan posted:

they started dating when they were 15, this is way less severe a set of issues than one would expect from high school sweethearts after ten years of dating

Mak0rz posted:

why did she even bring the loser along if he was this much of a creep? lol, what in the hell

this scenario played out exactly the way one might expect it to, given that this is the kind of creep who tells you he's planning to get you drunk enough to gently caress him

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 15, 2017

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Mak0rz posted:

I can't help but picture everyone in that story as fat and disgusting

Gaunab fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Feb 15, 2017

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Mak0rz posted:

It's funny, reading the story I envision all these attractive people with clear skin having a threesome while gross Eugene sits and sobs into the sleeve of his anime shirt, but these people are all goons so that's definitely not accurate.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Mak0rz posted:

this story is confusing because it seems like eugene was a creep that flat out said he wanted to sexually assault someone and yet the invited him to their place where he ended up being a creep and sexually assaulting someone.

also:

Gaunab posted:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

this story is confusing because it seems like eugene was a creep that flat out said he wanted to sexually assault someone and yet the invited him to their place where he ended up being a creep and sexually assaulting someone.

also:

haha yeah exactly

I just don't get it, what the gently caress did you think was going to happen when you started having your sweaty orgy? Of course the creepy sexual predator is going to barge in and ask to join. And accompanying him out to the living room alone was kind of dangerous, that could have been way worse than a groping

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
what is it with creepy virgins thinking that they are owed sex or something. it's very weird

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

:stare:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
I honestly can't even necessarily blame him for asking to join in but lol it should have been immediately clear everyone in the room was completely repulsed by him

Who the gently caress has a threesome with your goony creepo fourth wheel that nobody seems to actually like in the next room? It's just bizarre, why even let that situation develop in the first place? Get him out of the house before you gently caress.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not cool with renting my gf out to virgins, either. How is she gonna have any fun like that?!

Mirthless posted:

I honestly can't even necessarily blame him for asking to join in but lol it should have been immediately clear everyone in the room was completely repulsed by him

Who the gently caress has a threesome with your goony creepo fourth wheel that nobody seems to actually like in the next room? It's just bizarre, why even let that situation develop in the first place? Get him out of the house before you gently caress.

yeah that whole situation is goony as gently caress

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Sounds like the kind of thing that happens at a mid-2000s Goon Camp

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Maybe if you have to set up an air mattress in your room because one of your guests is worried that one of your other guests will rape them you should just not have a slumberparty with the rapist.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Psycho Society posted:

what is it with creepy virgins thinking that they are owed sex or something. it's very weird

what is it with goons having orgies

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
:gooncamp: idk

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Gaunab posted:

what is it with goons having orgies

when you put enough awkward people together they tend to push boundaries to try and prove they're the social butterfly.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Gaunab posted:

bean also liked posting pictures of herself all over the forums. She doesn't fit this description, she's just a brokebrained crazy lady that loves to overshare for attention

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Mak0rz posted:

bean also liked posting pictures of herself all over the forums. She doesn't fit this description, she's just a brokebrained crazy lady that loves to overshare for attention

Sounds like avarcirwen (sp?) and her horrible god-I-hope-they-werent-true stories of growing up in an incest family.

No, I don't have a link, nor am I gonna go find one.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

TheScott2K posted:

Sounds like avarcirwen (sp?) and her horrible god-I-hope-they-werent-true stories of growing up in an incest family.

No, I don't have a link, nor am I gonna go find one.

Oh god I remember that one. Yeah I'm not googling it at work but...it's what it says on the tin.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Orgies can be cool you just need a little more forethought so as not to make decisions like "let's invite someone no one wants to gently caress and also they may or may not be a rapist."

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Honestly it was rude of them to invite someone to an orgy they didn't intend to orgy with. That's just being a bad host.

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

Wow.
Everyone in this sounds really drat insufferable, save for Eugene who is a creep of the worst sort.
Why would you invite the guy over who weirds the other invitee so much they plan on rooming with chaperones.
Why would you still plan a creepy threesome when another guest will be sleeping a room over.
Why why why.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TheScott2K posted:

Honestly it was rude of them to invite someone to an orgy they didn't intend to orgy with. That's just being a bad host.

Yeah I felt like "well can I at least get a handy over here???" was the least weird thing about that whole story.

e:
the moaning the gagging the spitting the grunting.... oh yeah

lmao wtf "yes fellow goons, I did the sex and it was just like in the pornos!"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Parsley posted:

Wow.
Everyone in this sounds really drat insufferable, save for Eugene who is a creep of the worst sort.
Why would you invite the guy over who weirds the other invitee so much they plan on rooming with chaperones.
Why would you still plan a creepy threesome when another guest will be sleeping a room over.
Why why why.

I'm guessing he invited himself and everyone present was too crippled with social anxiety to tell him he couldn't come with them

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah I felt like "well can I at least get a handy over here???" was the least weird thing about that whole story.

I wouldn't go that far but it's definitely a "What the gently caress? Why did I get left out?" situation for sure

Don't invite weird goons you don't want to gently caress to your gently caress parties!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

TheScott2K posted:

It'd be less odd if it truly was spur-of-the-moment, but they had it all planned out and discussed and still decided to invite Mr Virgin over for some mario kart, too. Guess they needed that fourth racer!