Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

Olivia can give an attack buff to multiple units on your team tho

Yeah, and there are some teams where that will give her the nod over Azura. Personally I think that both of them are among the best units in the game.

Trihugger posted:

The most common magic hits are from Red and Blue units though. Considering that, Azura can take substantially bigger hits than Olivia. Azura can bait Robin and Tank Nowi if she had to.

Both of them can bait Robin, all that's in question is how much HP they have leftover; since neither can kill him particularly well that's an utter wash. Neither can really tank Nowi, or Linde, or Tharja, or Nino. I mean you're welcome to think of a 30 hp unit with mid twenties res as a magic tank if you want, but all of the good mages will power through that effortlessly.

akulanization fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

akulanization posted:

Yeah, and there are some teams where that will give her the nod over Azura. Personally I think that both of them are among the best units in the game.

Yeah, which is typical of FE because dancers rule.

Question: I'm assuming not, but would Hone Attack 2 stack with Hone Attack 3?

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

Yeah, which is typical of FE because dancers rule.

Question: I'm assuming not, but would Hone Attack 2 stack with Hone Attack 3?

No, they're both precombat buffs so you'd just get the benefit from Hone Attack 3.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Figured, but it would have been funny. Related question: how do the *blade spells work? +1 Mt for every buff on the character at the time of combat?

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

Figured, but it would have been funny. Related question: how do the *blade spells work? +1 Mt for every buff on the character at the time of combat?

+1 Mt for every +1 to a stat at the time of combat.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

akulanization posted:

+1 Mt for every +1 to a stat at the time of combat.

Oh cripes that's way stronger then :stare:

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Philip Rivers posted:

Yea, Nino and Tharja are crazy awesome.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Really wanna try that Lucina/Lyn/Nino/Olivia line now.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Philip Rivers posted:

There's a reason why "Nino does her best" is a meme on the Fire Emblem Heroes reddit right now.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Elvis_Maximus posted:

I just realized that I think I spent too many skill points on my Lynn and now she won't be able to get Galeforce since she's level 24 already, unless you get way more skill points from a level up in the 25+ range?

RIP if not

Level 1-10 you get 6 SP per level
11-20 you get 12
21-30 you get 18
31-40 you get 24

At least I think that's right. I know it goes up by the "base" amount every ten levels.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
You also get +3 for a kill and +1 for a heal.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Kyte posted:

Gunter makes leveling Eliwood fun. Gunter alone makes cavalry better than it ought to be, really. Can't wait to buy Ward Cavalry for Eliwood, which I realized is a Spur-type buff so it can stack with Jagen's Fortify Cavalry so you can have your other two cavalry with +10 Des/Res on top of Gunter's +6 Atk/Res.

And then you use all that to buff Abel or Leo. :v:

Oh, definitely. Eliwood is the best all-around sword guy for a cavalry team. But Cain is no slouch and probably fits better outside of a mounted horse dude setup. Eliwood isn't tanky like Cain either, so it really depends on your team needs. But it's not like you need Cain to absorb hits when Gunter is your man, yeah.

Also Alphonse is the absolute weakest of the free story trio. Sharena is an all-around solid character with good buffs and a strong weapon. She can fit as a valuable spear unit on almost any team. Anna isn't particularly good or anything, but she gets guaranteed first counterattack below 75% HP and a teleport. Alphonse is just plain bad and gets nothing remotely decent except for middle-of-the-road buffs and a boring crappy weapon (attack buff at 50% HP). That weapon is at 5* only too, which makes him more worthless. I don't see where Alphonse could possibly fit in a team outside of very new players.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Feb 15, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Alphonse would be good if he is tanky enough to make use of his 5* weapon.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Alphonse might be okay if he weren't a red sword guy. The barrier for that unit type is just so high and even harsher for a hero like Alphonse, who doesn't have a niche in any way. Why bother when powerful basic red swords like Corrin exist? That's his biggest problem.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Last set of 20 orbs I can realistically get since all I have left is lunatic quests and I get two loving Wyrs, two ODIN DARKS, and a Hana. All three stars. I have no offense outside of Jeorge. Most of my 4* crew are either healers or ninjas. Any blue infantry or mage completely destroys my army. My best green unit is probably a 3 star Nino that I'm probably going to promote just to have something not Hawkeye or Bartre.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
So, my 3 5* are Azura, Effie, and Takumi, and I have a Nino who I'm definitely going to boost to 5* eventually because she's a loving monster even at 3*. That being said, I have a huge Red deficit. Who should I be going for? I'm guessing Eirika for the buffs or a lucky Lyn roll for Galeforce?

EDIT: ^^ I'm not sure if you have anything against rerolling, but if you don't I'd recommend it at that point. I rerolled until I got a good 5* first pull and I've had way more fun since.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
So I got 3/4 of the featured units.

Why is everyone so SLOW

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Lord Ephraim posted:

Last set of 20 orbs I can realistically get since all I have left is lunatic quests and I get two loving Wyrs, two ODIN DARKS, and a Hana. All three stars. I have no offense outside of Jeorge. Most of my 4* crew are either healers or ninjas. Any blue infantry or mage completely destroys my army. My best green unit is probably a 3 star Nino that I'm probably going to promote just to have something not Hawkeye or Bartre.

Honestly, just reroll unless you have a stable of 5-stars you didn't mention

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

LightningSquid posted:

So, my 3 5* are Azura, Effie, and Takumi, and I have a Nino who I'm definitely going to boost to 5* eventually because she's a loving monster even at 3*. That being said, I have a huge Red deficit. Who should I be going for? I'm guessing Eirika for the buffs or a lucky Lyn roll for Galeforce?

Eirika is supposed to be good with Nino. Tiki, Lyn, Lucina, and Ryoma are probably the best reds in a vacuum but they'll be vanishingly rare.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I pulled a 5* Seliph and he seems real bad compared to Chrom and Lyn? Or is there something I'm missing.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

the Orb of Zot posted:

So I got 3/4 of the featured units.

Why is everyone so SLOW

Eirika has 35 base SPD.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Does ephriam's 2 debuffs stack? It seems weird they would give him a redundant passive.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

This is my 4th pull in this game.

For those of you who are like me, and aren't a FE Nerd, and therefore have no idea who any of those peple are, starting at the top and going clockwise, I got:

Raven, Jagen, Leo, Virion, and Kagero.

Here's my roster:
5*: Tiki (Dragon), Leo
4*: Corrin (M), Hinata, Jagen, Kagero, Lissa, Marth, Merric, Raven, Selena
3*: Beruka, Cecilia, Donnel, Fir, Gwendolyn, Hana, Raigh, Robin (M), Sazio, Setsuna, Sophia, Subaki
2*: Alfonse, Anna, Felicia, Matthew, Sharena, Virion
1*: Gunter, Olivia, Stahl

Who should I make my team? If there's a 1- or 2* that I should level, promote, and get on my team, please let me know.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Does ephriam's 2 debuffs stack? It seems weird they would give him a redundant passive.

Haven't tested it, but assuming it works like buffs it shouldn't stack. As for why he has both, one is easier to apply while the other is stronger.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Tiki/Leo/Kagero/Lissa is a decent team. You can swap in Raven or Jagen for triangle coverage if you run into a lot of blue units. Jagen synergizes fairly well with Leo if you get his Ward Cavalry skill.

Keep an eye on promoting Olivia and Sharena. They're not immediate must-haves, but useful to have for options down the road.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.

cheetah7071 posted:

Honestly, just reroll unless you have a stable of 5-stars you didn't mention

I have 5 star Eirika, Jeorge, and Maria. I'm just hoping I strike gold with a good Camila, Hector, or any other good green unit. I already linked my nintendo account and everything so I'm done rerolling.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

Tiki/Leo/Kagero/Lissa is a decent team. You can swap in Raven or Jagen for triangle coverage if you run into a lot of blue units. Jagen synergizes fairly well with Leo if you get his Ward Cavalry skill.

Keep an eye on promoting Olivia and Sharena. They're not immediate must-haves, but useful to have for options down the road.

Thanks! I'm such a FNG when it comes to FE. The only reason I was sure Leo was good was because my kid was sitting there playing Awakening when I drew Leo, and got mad (not real mad, just "Grr!" mad) when I drew him. :iamafag:

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Eirika is supposed to be good with Nino. Tiki, Lyn, Lucina, and Ryoma are probably the best reds in a vacuum but they'll be vanishingly rare.

Unless you're me and pull none of the new lords but get a Lucina anyway :smug:

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Kheldarn posted:

For those of you who are like me, and aren't a FE Nerd, and therefore have no idea who any of those peple are, starting at the top and going clockwise, I got:

Here's my roster:
3*: Beruka, Cecilia, Donnel, Fir, Gwendolyn, Hana, Raigh, Robin (M), Sazio, Setsuna, Sophia, Subaki

Who should I make my team? If there's a 1- or 2* that I should level, promote, and get on my team, please let me know.

Tiki, Leo, Kagero, Olivia is your best team for the long haul. You should get Olivia to 3* as fast as you can so she can learn dance. Your best units aren't good vs blue so give some thought to raising Anna or Raven, I wouldn't worry overmuch about dealing with reds but Jagen and Sherena are your best lance unit and your highest potential lance unit respectively.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Honestly it's pretty easy to get by without a green unit, but if you really want one getting Anna to 4* is perfectly adequate, she is fragile though.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

How many Stratums are there in the training tower

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Spellman posted:

How many Stratums are there in the training tower

ten

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I have unlocked an 11th Stratum, called Tenth Stratum

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Clarste posted:

Eirika has 35 base SPD.

Eirika is also coincidentally the best new char

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Spellman posted:

I have unlocked an 11th Stratum, called Tenth Stratum

The fact that there is a stratum called the Starting Stratum that is different to the First Stratum (the one after it) can be very confusing.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

Eirika is also coincidentally the best new char

I'm pretty sure that Julia is the best of the new characters, mostly because there was one good green mage and only one green manakete before this.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

akulanization posted:

I'm pretty sure that Julia is the best of the new characters, mostly because there was one good green mage and only one green manakete before this.

I think she's a bit slow to be considered an amazing mage, especially since she's Green, which makes her do extremely underwhelming damage against all the Red swordlords everywhere. I mean, her RES is good so I guess she'd be a decent counter to Linde and Robin, and obviously she has her anti-dragon utility, but just looking at her stats I'm not sure she's better than even a 4* Nino.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I feel like all the new characters actually are just generally mediocre outside of filling niche roles, and despite pulling two of them, I think thats actually pretty awesome. Although it'd be optimistic to extrapolate this to future summon trends, it would indicate the devs are more interested in creating new and varied units of mixed ability rather than just jumping right into power creep and throwing four brand new strictly better units for us to roll.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Kheldarn posted:

Here's my roster:

Kind of disagree with some of the advice you're getting. I mean, use Leo until you have other units leveled or promoted, but he's not a good long-term fit for your team. He covers nothing Kagero can't explode except Camilla (lol), dies to a stiff wind, and means you'd be fielding two red units without a Nowi check.

Tiki and Kagero are going to be mandatory units on your team. Between them, they have pretty good coverage--Kagero explode virtually everything not named Hector, and Tiki one-rounds hector with ease. Your other two party slots should let you cover any remaining holes in your matchup. I see three good options for you to choose from:

1) you want a strong blue unit that can check Falchion wielders, because otherwise going up against a Lucina + Dancer combination is going to end up with a dead Tiki about 90% of the time. That probably means promoting a Sharena from 2*.
2) you want something, anything, that can stop Nowi, who will eat Tiki alive and cripple Kagero. You're short on decent greens, so you'd end up promoting Marth.
3) you want to let kagero explode two things in a turn. Get Olivia.

Reiterpallasch fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

cpaf posted:

I feel like all the new characters actually are just generally mediocre outside of filling niche roles, and despite pulling two of them, I think thats actually pretty awesome. Although it'd be optimistic to extrapolate this to future summon trends, it would indicate the devs are more interested in creating new and varied units of mixed ability rather than just jumping right into power creep and throwing four brand new strictly better units for us to roll.

You could just as easily make a case for the opposite, considering that majority of their skills are existing ones and arent really shaking up the meta or anything. If anything it's a botched attempt at overly aggressive powercreep.